( search forums )
Soldier Preview
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
BManx2000
November 3, 2004, 11:37 pm
This is a program that you can use to change your soldat's appearance without needing to start soldat every time you make a change to see what it looks like. I made it because there were some people lamenting the lack of this feature.
[IMAGE]

Download here:
http://www.soldatworld.com/fileupload/index.php?act=dl&file=c29sZGllcnByZXZpZXcuemlw
edit: new link: http://soldatmods.edgegaming.com/integramod/dload.php?action=file&file_id=32&sid=92573feb79b026bdf113713d7e6aef44

Note: I haven't tested this program thoroughly for bugs, so report any you find here. Also, since I don't have the registered version, please test the custom profile feature to see if it works. Usage details are in the readme.

Kazuki
November 4, 2004, 2:28 am
Haha, very nice. :D Nice job.

die nadel
November 4, 2004, 4:07 am
good job

Hercule Poirot
November 4, 2004, 8:53 am
hmm those 16 colors are only one that you can choose :< if you can make it make it like it opens new window and you can change color there (like psp color thingie)

Jap_man
November 4, 2004, 9:40 am
nice app ;)

BManx2000
November 4, 2004, 2:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by Hercule Poirothmm those 16 colors are only one that you can choose :< if you can make it make it like it opens new window and you can change color there (like psp color thingie)

That is not possible with the unregistered version of game maker.

blackdevil0742
November 4, 2004, 3:37 pm
nice BManx2000
I was making a soldat previewer a while ago, got tierd of making it...

grand_diablo
November 4, 2004, 3:55 pm
nice job, but I have a little "complaint" apart from the missing "custom color choice" (which isnt apparently your fault).

The hair color display is wrong. Skin colour is not put in darkened, as - for example - pants color is. hair color is displayed as it is, so white hair is white, and not gray ;)

Xcept for that, nice job!

Deleted User
November 4, 2004, 5:16 pm
If its not possible with the unregistered version of Gamemaker, then register.

Read that right.

Register.. *COUGHCOUGHCOUGH* ;)

Anyway, good job with the tool. Very handy.

SERIAL KILLeR
November 4, 2004, 5:39 pm
nice prog!
There must be someone here that has an registed version of the gamemaker?

blackdevil0742
November 4, 2004, 7:09 pm
I have a registered version but I'm not so good at coding

BManx2000
November 4, 2004, 7:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by StalkyIf its not possible with the unregistered version of Gamemaker, then register.

Read that right.

Register.. *COUGHCOUGHCOUGH* ;)

Anyway, good job with the tool. Very handy.

I can't register game maker for the same reason I can't register soldat. PARENTS. I also know the hair is wrong, but it looks better than when I harvested it from screenshots.

grand_diablo
November 5, 2004, 1:59 pm
hmmm you could precode the custom color feature, and then send the source to blackdevil so he can compile it.

btw. Id rather like the hair looking a bit worse but colored like ingame, then with wrong haircolor ;)

Deleted User
November 5, 2004, 5:47 pm
Good job

N1nj@
November 5, 2004, 6:45 pm
dude, just crack it

EDIT: I cant run this app for some reason...

I get an error saying "Unexpected error occurred when running the game"

Inquisitor
November 6, 2004, 9:46 am
EDITED by Inquisitor

sorry, did not know that this falls under warez.

Alamo
November 6, 2004, 4:22 pm
argh no warez! Everyone who knows how to use a computer right knows where to get stuff like that.

Mr Morfina
November 7, 2004, 1:23 am
i just whant to say that the half of those how had posted or downloaded this topic are [IMAGE] off.

cool one bmanx

Michal Marcinkowski
November 9, 2004, 1:01 pm
Finally, nice job. Too bad the colors are limited, but at least you can check the hats and stuff.

Melba
November 9, 2004, 5:17 pm
<3

N1nj@
November 9, 2004, 8:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@dude, just crack it

EDIT: I cant run this app for some reason...

I get an error saying "Unexpected error occurred when running the game"
so..anyone gonna help me?

ArmadonRK
November 9, 2004, 11:19 pm
Yeah, I wish I could register Soldat and GameMaker, but the parents are always a pain. I have an almost cmpete Mod Changer of m own, but I can't finish cause I need to register GM for the Zip dlls. Aargh

Will
November 10, 2004, 9:38 pm
i will help u, although what version of gmaker are you using, i HATE the new version, Mark Overmars thinks it is still freeware for some reason.....

papasurf31
November 16, 2004, 1:27 am
Is this for original gosteks only, or does this find your gostek-gfx folder and import custom ones as well? ex. A master chief gostek or a camo one.

Skate4Razors
November 16, 2004, 2:58 am
It's really cool! I wish the soldier would look better when it was zoomed out, but everything is great!

Edit: There's no pink! =(

KnOt
November 24, 2004, 11:13 pm
It's great that you made this... everyone wanted it.. But I think it needs to be improved a lot

Messiah
November 25, 2004, 1:48 am
THANK YOU! I suggested this in the Suggestion's forum, yay! This will save alot of time for people :D Thank youuuuuuuuuu! /me downloads

vegkl
November 29, 2004, 8:34 pm
Man, how do you make Soldat apps in GM?

zoldat
November 30, 2004, 8:51 pm
NO ORANGE, I WONT USE THAT PROGRAM IF IT DONT HAS ORANGE!!!

BManx2000
November 30, 2004, 10:47 pm
Nothing will change unless somebody registers game maker with my email address or I learn a real programming language.

SERIAL KILLeR
November 30, 2004, 10:54 pm
Can't u send the souce code someone whos registed (blackdevil0742,Toumaz,...) and he adds the color thing and compiles it?
Then the program would be perfect!

BManx2000
December 1, 2004, 2:53 am
It's not so simple, I would have to tweak the color mixing values until it looks close to what it looks like in soldat. Obviously this wouldn't work with sending it to someone else because they would have to compile it, then I would tweak it and send it back to them, they compile it then send it back to me, then I would tweak it and send it back to them, etc.

FoZ
December 2, 2004, 10:42 am
or SK-Force could 1 up it like it did with the other stat programs ;)
ive actually tried to do this once, if someone could get me a translation of the gfx files i could probably get a soldier together and make a nice app :P
msnm me if you can translate the mess and help me pull a ragdoll together, you will be mentioned in about :P

msnm: tehfawz@gmail.com

mipit
December 6, 2004, 8:31 pm
Does this program work with mods that edit the gosteks?

rabidhamster
July 7, 2005, 8:17 pm
wow. This sucks. bmanx2000, just REGISTER GAMEMAKER. do it by snailmail. it's only $15. i registered gamemaker when i was 12. it's THAT EASY.

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 6:59 am
Whoa, you just bumped a 7 month old topic. Smart one

Deleted User
July 8, 2005, 11:43 am
Please do not raise 7 month old topics to post something off-topic like that.

I'll lock this because the link doesn't even work...send me a PM if you sort it, BManx2000, and I'll unlock.

FliesLikeABrick
November 16, 2005, 7:09 pm
http://soldatmods.edgegaming.com/integramod/dload.php?action=file&file_id=32&sid=92573feb79b026bdf113713d7e6aef44

new download link, therefore unlocking the topic (though yes, it is old)

Don't bother posting in this thread (or any old one) unless you're reporting a bug, need help with the app, or reporting a broken dl link.