( search forums )
Soldat Server Commander
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
mar77a
March 1, 2005, 8:36 pm
THIS APP WAS LOST, SEE THE LINK BELOW.

Extending a bit on Cornernote's idea, i made:

Soldat Server Commander - no longer avaliable.

Allows people to command their server from this simple php script by sending commands. Im still working on it to make like a Soldat Admin...

History?

EDIT: FliesLikeABrick moved me to a new host, link updated.

3/2/05: Emmm, im having trouble cause the file pointer has no end, and it's very difficult to move without fseek() too. But anyways, i added support to save information, fixed soembugs, and improved the interface...

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 9:48 am
*raises old topic*

I'm rewriting the Fan Apps list and I added this. Hopefully it will get a bit more notice.

Deleted User
April 1, 2005, 9:57 am
Pretty pointless ¬_¬

rusty
April 1, 2005, 10:05 am
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCePretty pointless ¬_¬

I disagree, it's a great idea.

Aquarius
April 1, 2005, 3:32 pm
I think EnEsCe was talking about himself...

I agree with rusty, the idea is very nice.

grand_diablo
April 1, 2005, 4:49 pm
simple and nice, in case you just want to change a map without being ingame or the Admin tool, and similar stuff, this lil tool is great :D

FliesLikeABrick
April 1, 2005, 6:23 pm
i would use it to kick people when i get someone who IMs me and says "OMG HACKURZ IN URS ERVER", that way i dont have to connect to my server via admin to do it, just change the url in my already-open homepage (U13)

but can you add something that can show who is in the server and their player number or something, otherwise i still have to use the admin program. Maybe just a button that makes a popup window containing who is actually there. From what i hear, there is a trick to breaking down the admin REFRESH packet, but i think you can figure it out.

rusty
April 1, 2005, 7:33 pm
I'd be happy to offer a hand for that particular part

mar77a
April 1, 2005, 9:49 pm
Wowow, at last i get some appreciation...im going to work on that you mentioned flab, and rusty, add me to MSN please...

Deleted User
April 2, 2005, 9:15 am
quote:Originally posted by mar77aWowow, at last i get some appreciation...im going to work on that you mentioned flab, and rusty, add me to MSN please...

I'm glad everyone noticed it now :)

Deleted User
April 30, 2005, 11:56 am
Hows this going? :)

JiggaBlue
April 30, 2005, 8:05 pm
i thought enesce made this or something like it?

Aquarius
May 2, 2005, 9:55 am
No no, EnEsCe has just stolen his idea.

FliesLikeABrick
May 2, 2005, 3:21 pm
i don't picture it as "stealing" an idea... this i a very general idea and many people have discussed it. Enesce is just taking it a lot further than mar77a's release does... there is nothing wrong with that, otherwise, go yell at rusty for making SARJ, for "stealing" the idea of the original soldat admin tool, and mar77a for making this under the same pretense

Aquarius
May 2, 2005, 3:47 pm
I wouldn't say this, if EnEsCe himself wouldn't [IMAGE] about stealing ideas and if he wouldn't say that the php admin tool is pointless.

FoZ
May 2, 2005, 4:33 pm
Hope everyone realises it is quite simple to just save server info :)
If he runs the script for you off of his website, he could easily
save your server info to a file and play with it later o.o;;

JiggaBlue
May 2, 2005, 7:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCePretty pointless ¬_¬

I think its rather ignorant to say that then steal the idea for it.

FliesLikeABrick
May 2, 2005, 8:07 pm
foz, he has the admin passwords to a bunch of servers already anyway, because of his NR service.

as for those who accuse him of stealing the idea, you're a bunch of relentless d*cks with nothing better to do. there is nothing wrong with building on someone else's idea.

those people who made the demo players, go accuse them of stealing eachothers ideas, or ultimately ripping off MM himself..

or accuse me of ripping of Snor's old stats site from 1.1.5, or accuse mar77a of ripping of my idea, or zitro stats or.... there are so many other similar things for you to complain about on here. you only choose enesce because you know other people will turn on him just because he was once banned from here.

mar77a
May 2, 2005, 9:39 pm
"or accuse mar77a of ripping of my idea"

What idea?????

FliesLikeABrick
May 2, 2005, 9:43 pm
i was just referring to stats in general, not anything to do with the commander.

and the whole point is that im not accusing you and that nobody should care

JiggaBlue
May 3, 2005, 1:06 am
I'm not turning on EnEsce, I wanted him unbanned, heck I think he should have never been banned, but thats besides the point. I used the word 'steal' to ask why would he build on a idea thats pointless?

Deleted User
May 3, 2005, 7:25 pm
To make it useful.

Stop arguing about it, it doesn't matter.

Deleted User
May 12, 2005, 5:05 am
Do you think you could post the PHP code you wrote to make that? It is simple, but definitely nice and useful in certain situations (so easy to access). I'd love to take a look at how it works.

mar77a
May 12, 2005, 10:03 pm
Mmm, yeah, why not...

administrator.php:

[CENSORED]

Ok, i have decided to get some more stuff in this little tool, i guess i will have to start with the "get players from server" feature...

Elephant_Hunter
September 17, 2005, 6:27 am
Looks like this has potential, but it's missing a lot of hard-to-implement features... Not to mention the insecurities people have mentioned before me. Do you need any help?

quote:[CENSORED]
erm... what?

mar77a
September 17, 2005, 4:41 pm
Well, i decided not to give away the source.

EDIT: And about hte features, yeah, i have to get down to it, but not now. If you think you could help me, add me on MSN.