( search forums )
Soldat Server Quickjoin Client
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
kingbob
July 4, 2005, 7:08 am
Hi people, I've been working on this little program of mine for a while now, I created it to make my admin duties easier by letting me join the servers more quickly. I've decided to release it here, hopefully some other people will find it as handy as I have. At the moment it is set up only for the Australin servers because I don't use overseas servers, but if someone wants to make server lists for other areas, I'll be glad to host them up for people to download.

Soldat Server Quickjoin Client

Download [URL]

Screenshots

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Deleted User
July 4, 2005, 11:00 am
Looks nice, good job. Maybe you should add server passwords to the server list, so the user doesn't have to enter those in every time.

MOFO NOFO
July 4, 2005, 11:04 am
Nice, ima use it right now.

kingbob
July 4, 2005, 11:58 am
Yeah ill do something about saving passwords sometime. Any input is appreciated, as this is just a version i modified from my personal one, so only the features I neede were included. Ill try fill requests if i feel it will make it a better program.

MOFO NOFO
July 4, 2005, 2:56 pm
you should add how many players are in the server.

kingbob
July 4, 2005, 3:11 pm
yeah, i'd like to, but this isnt the server lobby, and i have no idea how to interface with the servers to find out how many people are in there. If anyone does know, please gimme a yell. It'd be much appreciated.

kingbob
July 6, 2005, 10:33 am
ok new version out, you can join as a spectator, and if you soldat is registered you can choose which profile you want to join with. Also added saving passwords

Deleted User
July 6, 2005, 11:39 am
Kingbob please use the edit ([IMAGE]) button in future to edit your previous post instead of double posting. :)

kingbob
July 6, 2005, 12:16 pm
fine... if i must

i am ahab
July 6, 2005, 3:16 pm
dude i like!
i havent had a fiddle yet but are the passwords saved and bound to the servers names in the server list? if not might be nice....
and if you dont mind i have 2 questions. what language did you write this in? and what api, if any, did you use to make your gui?
im going 5 rounds with learning how to use wxWidgets in c++ atm and im just curious...

Alamo
July 6, 2005, 4:15 pm
you could request the .html lobby and parse?

kingbob
July 6, 2005, 4:26 pm
i used VB 6 to make it, nothing as good as c++, but it does what i need it to.

yeah i spose i could just parse the lobby, ill have a stab at it sometime.