( search forums )
PHP Weapons Editor
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 6:59 am
What it is:
PHP Weapons Editor is a simle web interface for generating your own weapons.ini. At the moment you cannot load your own weapons.ini, I do plan on adding this function soon if somone is willing to help me.

Where is it:
http://enesce.com/PHPWeaponEditor/editor.php

-Enjoy

Famine
August 6, 2005, 7:01 am
Very nice.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 7:06 am
It took me almost 5 hours to code, over 800 lines >_<. I suck at PHP code optimization :P

GAMEOVER
August 6, 2005, 8:21 am
damn vn app and fast on the distribution on your part.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 8:37 am
Rawr, good job. Nice to see the 'Weapons Editors' section of the FAps list is getting filled up already :D

Mielos
August 6, 2005, 4:49 pm
You forgot BulletStyle 9 and 10: 9 shoots cluster grenades, 10 shoots cluster grenade fragments

Karaffka
August 6, 2005, 6:24 pm
I forgot it too, in my Weapon Editor.

Hoodlum
August 6, 2005, 8:40 pm
Very sexy.

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 12:29 am
Yeh those bullet styles werent documented so I didnt add them, ill add them now though.

Deleted User
August 7, 2005, 4:07 am
wow...im impressed pretty good...i was getting tired changing all those numbers and going in and out of soldat.thank you!

aprilninety
August 12, 2005, 1:53 am
very cool! but i dont see how this could've taken 800 lines of code to make...

dr.ON
August 13, 2005, 3:33 pm
Very nice :D.
OMG! h4X! :D

mar77a
August 14, 2005, 2:55 am
EnEsCe, i am willing ot help you...with the loading file thingo...

UltraMagnus
September 6, 2005, 2:16 pm
how come you dont have a link to this (or atleast not one i could find) on your site EnEsCe? cuz its kinda annoying having to find this topic all the time

Da cHeeSeMaN
September 7, 2005, 2:50 pm
yah great easy peasy to edit now

Deleted User
September 8, 2005, 12:46 am
@UltraMagnus
I dont really have anywhere to put links other than my forum signature. Where would you suggest I put it?

Kage
September 8, 2005, 7:19 am
heh, 800 lines... wow!

i was going to be doing something like this for the "yet another Soldat PHP client" i was making (and that's not going to be the name of it... probably...)

i'll try to make something like this with a lot less than 800 lines of code, object oriented (so even cleaner and fewer lines) which i'll GPL, so if and when i finish it you can use it all you want as a codebase (without the usual licensing hangups). throwing in support for reading and writing the weapons.ini file (while allowing you to restore defaults) shouldn't be a problem, as i do a whole lot of PHP, not to mention its stream stuff.

UltraMagnus
September 8, 2005, 8:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCe@UltraMagnus
I dont really have anywhere to put links other than my forum signature. Where would you suggest I put it?

i was thinking perhaps in the links section of your website

Deleted User
September 8, 2005, 11:18 pm
that page gets 4 hits per day lol

UNKNOWN
September 24, 2005, 2:31 pm
very nice man...i really enjoy ur work

Kage
December 9, 2005, 10:10 am
well, i've been sitting on this for a few months actually. just needed to make a workable skin. it's another version of what enesce did, with a GPL attached to it, and is my way of offering help as mentioned above. i'll be happy to fix any bugs with the current version, though any features to be added would probably be on the part of another programmer. feel free to take parts of use parts of this in your own version or modify mine to your liking. and on a side note: although you can do a crapload with the skinning, conceivably, if and when i get that php soldat admin server done, it will have pretty much this, but with full XSLT support, which is a far cry above css styling.

you can download it here - php soldat weapons editor (or php-swed)

features:

the class that controls ini loading and saving makes it almost impossible to send invalid data without excessive checking.
can configure the soldat installation path, for loading weapons.ini plus additional paths that correspond to any valid PHP stream (ftp, filesystem, etc) for saving.
can rename all weapons and bullet-styles in the configuration file, in addition to grouping in any way seen fit.
nearly every element can be controlled in any way through css with the excessive number of id and class hooks.
can configure which ip addresses are considered local/admin. all other ip addresses will only be able to download the file, while admins can choose to save it directly to the disk (if the config is set correctly, it will overwrite weapons.ini in the soldat directory
when download is selected, will force browser to display save-file dialog.
object oriented programming might help anyone wanting to modify/extend this since half of it is in a completely stand-alone module

EDIT: it'll be a while until i get my own dedicated server up and running (the one i'm hosting the file off of only supports php 4, and this script requires php 5), but when i do, i'll setup a preview version of this.

Deleted User
February 1, 2006, 9:11 pm
aw man, awesome! im wondering now if you can make a feature to add more guns to the list, though it'd probably be hard if not impossible by editing the .ini. also, can you add a decimal # for the recoil, like .37 or something? great work!

Chariot
February 1, 2006, 9:23 pm
thats awesome. i messed with my .ini weapons file and didn't make a back up of the original wepaon settings so i couldnt fix it and now i can.

Chariot
February 3, 2006, 11:31 pm
i think theres a problem. i left everything as it was and generated the file. i looked at the steyr aug and instead of plain bullets it was frag grenades. i knew i didnt make a mistake cause i did it multiple times.

Kage
May 1, 2006, 6:01 am
sorry about the delayed reply - are you asking for feature requests from me or EnEsCe?

if the bugs are in regards php-swed, i'll go ahead and create a new topic.