( search forums )
SoldatStatus Script
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
PureGrain
August 29, 2005, 1:36 pm
This is a simple php script to show the status of your server on your website. Very simple and easy to install.

You can demo and download this free script at http://www.soldatserver.com

***EDIT***
Added a second version v1.1 that enables the script to email the admin if the server status is offline.

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 10:04 pm
Very nice, I've been looking for something like this for a while. I thank you sir.

PureGrain
August 30, 2005, 12:43 am
=) Anytime. Please let me know if there is anything I missed in the documentation. I am not very good at that part.

Deleted User
August 30, 2005, 8:00 am
very simple script, well done. The email sending thing is ok but i prefer it without. And your copyright tag is massive compared to the image or text.

PureGrain
August 30, 2005, 1:58 pm
Sorry for the copyright tag being so large. I fixed it. For some reason I had the font set at 8 when it should have been -3.

Thanks for the feedback. I will be fixing this script later this week with the option to turn on or off the email function and combine the code to release only one version rather than two.

mar77a
August 30, 2005, 9:50 pm
Nice one, but i have to tell you, fsockopen() is not very reliable...

I also reccomend you put pfsockopen().

FliesLikeABrick
August 30, 2005, 10:02 pm
that is because fsockopen only works if the TCP port is forwarded as well as the UDP port. a lot of servers only forward the UDP port so that unwanted admin connections are blocked. If you use php socket functions with the UDP protocol, it should always work

PureGrain
August 30, 2005, 11:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by mar77aNice one, but i have to tell you, fsockopen() is not very reliable...

I also reccomend you put pfsockopen().

Thanks, I will concider this for the next release. I tested it remotly on two servers with my function and it worked fine. I use this for other scripts as well and for CS/HL I have to pass udp:// first. Either way if users cannot get it too work and they report bugs, we can figure them out then. Thanks again for the input.

mar77a
August 31, 2005, 1:43 am
I come up with another suggestion: Pinging the server if it is online...You can rip some "ideas" here.

PureGrain
August 31, 2005, 6:17 am
I liked the one here. http://www.xantus-webdevelopment.com/free/

It shows you the actual ping time. =)

po4esyn
February 28, 2006, 7:04 pm
Help, i don't see soldatstatus at www.soldatserver.com. Give me link to this script

FliesLikeABrick
February 28, 2006, 7:24 pm
I doubt anyone else is hosting it or has a download link. There are some other stats and status scripts available, look in the Fan Apps sticky

Dj-SAGI
March 4, 2006, 10:17 am
 Quote:Originally posted by po4esynHelp, i don't see soldatstatus at www.soldatserver.com. Give me link to this script

Can i get it too?

FliesLikeABrick
March 4, 2006, 5:08 pm
read what I said instead of blindly replying. I'm locking this thread. If someone finds a new download to it or he posts it again, PM me and I'll unlock it.