( search forums )
Soldat Mod Part Changer (Updated-10\16)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
BlackStar
September 1, 2005, 3:47 am
So, one of the problems I had with mods in general is that they would have a one or two really good weapons that I liked, but they usually didn't have enough to interest me in the mod. To counter this problem, I created this program that allows you to load various parts of different mods and combine them into one. For now, you can only change the weapons, but I hope to add more capablities in the future.

Screenie:
[IMAGE]
(Credit for the weapons in the screenshot go to their respective creators[Rambo_6, aznblood, MikeShinoda, and Field Marshal BM I believe])

Instructions:
o When the program loads, an 'Open File' dialog will pop up. Browse to your Soldat folder, and open Soldat.exe.
o Click on the "Weapons" tab.
o To change the Interface Weapon picture, click on the Open button next to the weapon picture.
Browse for the file you want to set as that picture, and open it.
o To change the In-Game Weapon pictures, click on the Open button next to the weapon picture.
Browse for the "\Weapons-Gfx\" folder which contains the graphics you want.
Select that folder and hit the 'Open' button.
o When you are done, hit the "Create" button.
The files are copied into your mod folder under the folder "CustMod"
The batch to load the CustMod is in your Soldat folder under "CustModLoad.bat"

Download:
[URL]
(Sorry, not a direct link, just go through that page)
You'll also need to get the Java Virtual Machine to be able to run it. Its available at www.java.com. The file to run it is SMPC.jar, just open it as you would a .exe.

Please download, test, and comment on this. I know its useful for my own purposes, but I would like to know if theres any interest in me finishing this. Also, please post any bugs or errors you might find. I've tested it myself, but I could easily have missed something.

Update!
Finished the Gostek changer. I tested this minimally, since my head hurts and I still need to do some homework, so please let me know if you find any errors in it. D\L link contains the newest version.

Enjoy :D

Zero72
September 1, 2005, 7:01 am
Wow, now there's a hell of a nifty idea, although it might get tiresome browsing around for files so much.

I don't see anything about sound effects, though...

Deleted User
September 1, 2005, 7:37 am
Damn now heres what ive been looking for. deffintly get the gosteks sounds and projectiles done

Da cHeeSeMaN
September 1, 2005, 9:39 am
yah when youve got the sound id dl straight away!

Deleted User
September 1, 2005, 11:28 am
Wow, thats awesome.

IlIdan
September 2, 2005, 5:22 pm
ahhhh...

nice but, the layout is not good... I must say, it is very bad!

Deleted User
September 2, 2005, 5:40 pm
VERY NICE in my opinion..im downloading as soon as i get home lol..(posting from school :\) (9th grade)

EDIT:WOOOHOOOOOOOOO ONE HUNDRED POSTS lol

BlackStar
September 2, 2005, 7:35 pm
Yay positive comments :D

Anyway, is there one of those tabs (projectiles, effects, etc.) that you would like me to finish doing first? School is eating up a lot of my free time, so I'm going to have to finish it in bits and pieces. It looks like people want sound, which is possible, but likely longer than the other parts.

@IlIdan: Notice the title? "Betaness"? I'm not going to waste time with a layout, I'm going for content. I'll fix it later, don't worry.

dr.ON
September 2, 2005, 10:45 pm
WOW! Great work! XD

UGK
September 4, 2005, 1:24 am
is this compatible with any mod?...like the predator mod for 1.2.1

BlackStar
September 4, 2005, 3:29 am
Theres no reason it shouldnt. Selecting interface weapons is just a matter of browsing for the right .bmp file, and selecting in-game weapons is a matter of selecting the folder the .bmp you want is contained in.

Deleted User
September 6, 2005, 7:56 am
oooh do the gostek first, then projectiles then sounds that would be sweet. and maybe after that make a option to put it in a mod folder for the options, an esy way to put mods together:P

silly Suasag3
September 8, 2005, 8:07 am
[savefile]050827233125_SMPC.rar thats its name and when i open it it says windows can not open this file

BlackStar
September 10, 2005, 2:00 am
You need to use WinRAR or some similar program to open it, I don't think whatever Windows provides can deal with .rar.

As for updating the program, I'll do that as soon as my teachers want to stop assigning me so much stuff :(

UGK
September 10, 2005, 2:26 am
i tried opening it and it just gives me alot of wierd symbols...

Deleted User
September 10, 2005, 10:19 am
Yep, Java and its mighty glory.

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 12:09 pm
this should be s sticky.

BlackStar
October 15, 2005, 1:20 am
Interestingly enough, I just started working on it again. >>
Sorry about the massive delay, school + college apps = :(
I should be able to get Gosteks done soon, and maybe some random stuff (WM settings, Weapon names?, etc.) After that I really should clean-up the code and look, as they both kind of suck =/

Edit:
Got everything but the copying of the files done for Gostek. A preview:
[IMAGE]
Hopefully I'll finish it by Monday.

Deleted User
October 15, 2005, 5:48 am
I LOVE YOU MAN!!!!
in all seriousness, good work, its these programs that soldat needs but doesnt get. good man

GAMEOVER
October 17, 2005, 6:30 am
What exactly does this allow you to do? Swap mods without having to overwrite a bunch of files and lose them if there not backed up? Elaborate for me, im tired.. If it is some sort of mod swaping app I dont see where you can swap textures.

Silent Soldier
October 17, 2005, 6:59 am
Hmm... Looks like useful, have to check it out. *D/L*

BlackStar
October 17, 2005, 4:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERWhat exactly does this allow you to do? Swap mods without having to overwrite a bunch of files and lose them if there not backed up? Elaborate for me, im tired.. If it is some sort of mod swaping app I dont see where you can swap textures.

If you had read my post, you would see that this program isn't finished, but I'll definatly try and put the textures in, thats a good idea. The point of this mod swapping app is different in that whereas the other mod swappers took an entire mod and applyed it, the point of mine is to be able to take your favorite parts of different mods and combine it into one.

GAMEOVER
October 17, 2005, 10:05 pm
Ah I gotcha, thx for elaborating and sounds like something id deff use because im always mixing mods.Yes, plz add the textures in the next update, thx and good work.

Deleted User
October 18, 2005, 6:17 am
if you could make it, after everything else ofcourse, so it compiles everything in a folder ready to be zipped as a mod that would make mod making so much easier

BlackStar
October 18, 2005, 6:36 am
It does- the mod is in your mod folder as "CustMod".

Deleted User
October 21, 2005, 1:22 pm
oh...good man. :P whats your prioity list for now ??