( search forums )
New Game Mode : WAR
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Michal
July 12, 2004, 12:58 am
Sorry for another game mode post, but I think this one's actually good...

So there are 2 teams, Alpha and Bravo. The teams fight on a map which has the teams' spawn points on opposite sides. When someone dies they do not respawn. When one team is all dead a point is added for the winning team and everyone respawns at their own spawn point, including those that survived.

I know this is a bit like teammatch with survival mode on, but you cannot make only 2 teams. Also spawnkilling is a problem in regular maps, by putting spawnpoints on opposite sides it would be impossible to spawnkill. In survival mode it's annoying when people change teams to respawn.

I think a good name would be WAR...

Kazuki
July 12, 2004, 2:46 am
Yeah, it would be a lot like Teammatch. Couldn't it just be a certain sub-mode for teammatch. Sounds like a good tid-bit.

Deleted User
July 14, 2004, 4:16 pm
So basically its a suggests michal to make it so you can change the number of teams on team match?

Marine
July 14, 2004, 6:50 pm
Yea, and with spawn points on opposite sides of the map.

peemonkey
July 14, 2004, 7:06 pm
well team number selection's been suggested, and alot of maps have different teams spawn at different points.

AerialAssault
July 14, 2004, 11:06 pm
teammatch, ctf map, survival mode

knock yourself out

kevith
July 15, 2004, 1:18 am
I also think a key element was the idea that the team with the last remaining player would get a point for their team, kind of like a cap in ctf. First team to n wins. I guess one could consider it similar to survival teammatch, but I like this more. It's simpler.

popseed
July 15, 2004, 1:59 am
also see - last man standing game mode in pretty much most self respectable shooters.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 15, 2004, 2:06 am
Try this:
Play Larange, Realistic, Survival, its kinda like what you are suggesting. I open such a server every friday in the afternoon on Pacific Strandred time, come and play

Cookie.
July 16, 2004, 3:10 am
its basically survival in a nutshell.... except u get a point in team match i like that idea better same with in normal dm

Michal
July 16, 2004, 10:19 pm
Its not the same as a teammatch with survival because both teams don't spawn at the same time. I like how both teams would rush at eachother.

Leo Da Lunerfox
July 17, 2004, 7:40 am
oh yes that do, right in the beginning especially.

GoldAnt_Number1
July 17, 2004, 4:22 pm
perhaps survival should be changed so that it "is" WAR mode? Just have the teams be a selectable amount, then if you put survival on, it uses opposite corners and gives 1 point for a team survival....etc I really like the idea, w00t