( search forums )
Weapon editor Questions.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
bucky_brad
July 24, 2004, 4:09 pm
is there anychance michal can tell us what will be need to make a new weapon with the weapons editor? like what stats. and will we need different POA's for certain weapons. Also will we be able to do melee weapons and dual weapons?

What else will be possible with the weapons editor?

Deleted User
July 24, 2004, 4:30 pm
I made a similar topic once in game improvements section.

bucky_brad
July 24, 2004, 4:55 pm
meh. how long ago was that?
cant member it =P.

bucky_brad
August 8, 2004, 6:57 pm
*bump*

I am really look forward to this editor. I dont want to badger michal for info but... I am so weak...
just anything... gimme a scrap of info.. just a bone, a tiny morsal, anything...

and sorry for the double post, I was not sure if a edit would bump my topic.
...and sorry to the mods if this topic needs to be locked. =P

Alamo
August 8, 2004, 9:02 pm
quote:Originally posted by bucky_brad

and sorry for the double post, I was not sure if a edit would bump my topic.

either is wrong. just don't double post or bump -.-
if poeple lost interest in this topic and didn't post anymore, it had a reason.

bucky_brad
August 9, 2004, 10:49 am
I dont really want people to have an interest, I want michal to have an interest =P.

Element_101
August 9, 2004, 10:59 am
Email Micahl if you really want to know, who knows he might come and post here for you if he knows its for every one.

peemonkey
August 10, 2004, 12:49 am
*first post for hella deep*
dont make topics like this, cuz it definitly be a repeat. i know everyone says this, but you should contact michal with this stuff.

systemfeind
August 10, 2004, 8:30 am
i hope michal quits the weapon editor [:-censored]. i dont want to have 100 servers with 100 different weapon configurations on it.

Deleted User
August 10, 2004, 9:36 am
Systemfeind i am sure there will be filter: "Original weapon settings only"

systemfeind
August 10, 2004, 9:55 am
but who needs a filter if no server has original weapon settings anymore. this tool would be over- and misused by everyone. it will destroy soldat and its flair completely

LazehBoi
August 10, 2004, 11:27 am
Did Michal ever give confirmation that this thing was actually going to be developed?

Chu chu rocket.

Why are people suddenly thinking that it will completely change Soldat?
There might just be different settings for the weapons that Michal made himself, perhaps? What it is going to be right now is only a rumour.

Aquarius
August 10, 2004, 11:34 am
quote:Originally posted by systemfeind
but who needs a filter if no server has original weapon settings anymore. this tool would be over- and misused by everyone. it will destroy soldat and its flair completely

Most servers will have original weapons as most servers are DM/CTF without realistic, FF and survival.

Deleted User
August 10, 2004, 12:32 pm
Aquarius is right. All the popular dedicated servers around at the moment (Llama, blan, Selfkill, Fastfrag) I am sure will only use original weapons. You will find custom weapons in servers run by people called "Soldier", or in dedicated servers running a certain mod. The weapons editor will only drastically affect the Soldat 'underworld' (non-clan players, newbs etc).

systemfeind
August 10, 2004, 1:06 pm
hmm than there is really no need for a weapon editor

Aquarius
August 10, 2004, 1:27 pm
There is. Just like there is need for realistic/infiltration servers. Some people like to try something new, something different. And it will be great feature for mod creators. It will possible to make real mods and host servers for them.

And some (most?) servers aways will be standard. People who are afraid of weapon editor are pissin me off! [:-censored]! [:-censored]in [:-censored] [:-censored] [:-censored] [:-censored]!

Deleted User
August 10, 2004, 1:46 pm
I agree with aqua.

karmazonpl
August 10, 2004, 1:52 pm
yeah especially on the last sentence

dr.ON
August 10, 2004, 2:29 pm
Michal can make new weapons

Deleted User
August 10, 2004, 2:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
[:-censored]! [:-censored]in [:-censored] [:-censored] [:-censored] [:-censored]!

Word. Although, I think people have a right to be worried, because Michal is keeping too much under wraps and we should be told what's happening to keep our minds at rest.

dr.ON
August 10, 2004, 2:36 pm
by himself

Aquarius
August 10, 2004, 3:11 pm
But he won't.

Element_101
August 11, 2004, 11:17 am
Yes peemoney thats just what I said...