( search forums )
The FINAL Vehicle Post
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
HC_ScubaSteve
August 11, 2003, 5:12 pm
>>>Ok, I'm sure a whole bunch of you just clicked here to flame, but please read carefully through the whole post first<<<
I would like to point out that I'm aware of the other vehicle posts out there, hence the subject. So dont complain about that. I actually read through them ALL and got out all the bugs.

And please dont start saying stuff like "go play >insert vehicle game here<" "soldat is a simple arcade game" and "s.guns almost killed it dont do it again!"
because everyone should have an equal chance at getting their ideas to Michal and to get these ideas in Soldat. Thankyou.

I think before I start stating my vehicle ideas I'll tell you the big compromise:
Make-It-An-OPTION!!! Make-It-Map-SPECIFIC!!! [:O]
You have heard it before and it makes perfect sense! The option would probably be to only have them on certain new larger maps. It's small yet simple. An easy way for both sides of the arguement to have their way. The biggest anti-vehicle reason I've seen in the old posts is "Imagine driving a tank around in ctf_viet" who said anything about changing those maps. All vehicle maps would have to be new with no jagged rocks and would span over a larger distance.

So here is my understandable list of ideas:

First off how the vehicles are made, some sort of factory at each base would have some place to buy vehicles. Starting money would be set up by the server. You can get more by getting kills. Every time you get a kill, your teams bank (not an actual building just a number on the screen) would get $1 (vehicles would only cost about $5) and when a vehicle is purchased, it would take money from the bank, not your points. After you buy a vehicle, it takes about 5 seconds to make, then they roll out onto the ground.

As for getting in and out of vehicles a new button would have to be made. And vehicles would be able to hold more than one guy!!!

Vehicles would have there own health bar and blow up big when killed.

Driving vehicles work by the body of the vehicle staying sideways and look semetrical and any turrets would move left and right to follow the cursors.

All vehicles would be capable of running over people.

Here are the vehicles:

1. Ranger (Jeep)
Very fast, big bumps could make it flip (adds to the comedic idea of the game). It would be able to hold 3 people, a driver, a passenger that can shoot his regular weapon, and a gunner in the back.

2. Tank
Slower and harder to flip unless you drive it off a cliff, LOL. Seats a driver, gunner, and passenger. The turret would probably shoot LIKE a LAW and take about half the time to reload.

3. Helicopter
Would only be able to fly to a certain altitude so levels wouldnt have to be huge. Comes out the top of factories and seats one person. Can shoot a chaingun and when destroyed would spin out of control and explode on the ground.

4. APC
Almost as fast as a ranger. Seats a driver, MAYBE a gunner, and a bunch of passengers(6).

Now come the water vehicles, that would require a NEW Water Engine where your player would be able to swim and have an O2 meter, along with a water factory. Boats would probably be the only vehicles that actually turn around when driven in the opposite direction. I dont think boats would be able to crash if two ran into each other.

5. Speed Boat
Used for quickly transporting players across water. Holds a driver and about 3,4 passengers. Speed boats ofcourse flip out if you go too fast so the driver would have to let go of the gas every time the nose of the boat rises up too much. If the boat flips out all passenger would be damaged and thrown into the water if they didnt already jump from the boat.

6. Battleship
Not really a battleship because it would be HUGE, but a slightly larger boat with a driver and two gunners.

7. Canoe
Just joking. But it would be funny.

8. Mini-Sub
Goes pretty slow and holds one driver. Could be used in some map where you have to go through under water tunnels to get to the other base. Shoots torpedoes maybe.

Thats all I thought of so far.

BEFORE ANY OF YOU REPLY: Please consider the first couple of lines and keep the flaming down or atleast make some sense out of your complaints and give me a logical reason to shutup. Thankyou.

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 5:51 pm
*not a flame post* good idea, but i think the maps would have to be much bigger, and what about tkers who go out on a speed boat, ask ppl to come with them, and go and do 50 flips so everyone dies!!!

TIR_Blade
August 11, 2003, 5:51 pm
Well im not gonna comment on anything else but 1 thing. That is that u keep talking about BIG explosions and stuff like that. Well that would cause some serius lag don't u think? And now no more is to be said from me :D

Cookie.
August 11, 2003, 5:55 pm
No complaint here but i really like the idea of water engine and water vechicles not so much the helicopter and tanks and stuff

Leo Da Lunerfox
August 11, 2003, 6:09 pm
don't think about the lag, think more about the idea. i think that the idea is great, but how do you see the number of ppl inside a vehicle? plus, what if one team hides their flagger inside a tank or something?

TIR_Blade
August 11, 2003, 6:15 pm
OMFG r u retarded? THIS ISN't possible without boosting the lag by about 500 more ping. WOULD U WANT THAT!!! y wouldn't anybody think about lag? also u can just make the flagger unable to go in vehicles :D

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 6:20 pm
well, the vehicles couldnt be invincible, or else it wouldnt be fair, going in the enemies base with an invincible tank... you could prolly kill em with a couple good m79s or laws... and it would be easy to kill the flaggers if their in a vehicle, im mean, the big explosion would kill them all right?

kkkman
August 11, 2003, 6:22 pm
No water.
No level ground for vehicles.
Levelling the ground will ruin the gameplay.

Hell if you want to make a vehicle since the ground is in awkwards positions JUST MAKE A MAGIC CARPET! But it stead of flying it'll hover around the top of the map. And it will have scope more powerful than barret. LETS EQUIP IT WITH HELLFIRE MISSLES TOO! INFINITE MISSLES! It's secondary could be a gun more powerful than the implacement and more accurate. To get off you simplely right click and you shall fall off. The carpet sinces it is magic cannot be destroyed and bullet fire and laws coming from the bottom wont destroy it since its not hitting the passanger. There will only be one in the center so the team that gets it first gets the power. Elevation and directions will be controlled using wasd like a soldat moving. ITS SUCH A GREAT IDEA IT WILL FIT INTO SOLDAT PERFECTLY!

:note this does not need to be replied to:

HC_ScubaSteve
August 11, 2003, 6:24 pm
First of all, u would see a small rectangular box cut into smaller boxes showing how many spaces the vehicle holds and how many are taken up. Second the flag would stick out of the vehicle. About the LAG, Michal would have to do soemhting like clean up the multiplayer code so it runs faster with less chop and we could also lower the severity of the explosions. Soldat jsut needs a new multiplayer system. It lags more than any 3D game I've seen. This is still VERY possible.

KAMIKAZE VIKING
August 11, 2003, 6:31 pm
i would be happy if we got vechicles......

mabybe just 1 though......

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 6:33 pm
OMFG KKK YOURE A FRICKING GENIUS!!!!! o, and he does need new multiplayer code, it lags waaaaay to much for a game of its caliber

HC_ScubaSteve
August 11, 2003, 6:37 pm
Magic Carpet, hmmm, you must remember that the maps are MADE to have vehicles, you CAN NOT get vehicles on ANY map that currently exists. About invincible vehicles, who said anything about invinciblity, read my post more carefully.

koil
August 11, 2003, 6:39 pm
well, the idea of some ranger with 3 ppl in it sounds quite good, but i dont want soldat to change.
bottom line: dont support the idea.

HC_ScubaSteve
August 11, 2003, 6:42 pm
You're the only guy that thinks our clean ideas are bad Koil.

TIR_Blade
August 11, 2003, 6:45 pm
Well i don't think their bad but i don't think their good either :S

HC_ScubaSteve
August 11, 2003, 6:53 pm
well then you dont have to worry cuz it will be an option.

Cr4cK
August 11, 2003, 6:55 pm
I [:-censored]EN LOVE WHEICHALALLALA OR WTF ITS CALLED!

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 6:55 pm
scuba, when i said they cant be invincible, i wasnt refering to your post, i was reffering to blade aobout the whole flagger getting in vehicles thing. and now that i think about it, i don't really want soldat to chnage in such a drastic way,maybe later, but for now good ol' soldat is fine for me[:D]

koil
August 11, 2003, 6:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by HC_ScubaSteve
You're the only guy that thinks our clean ideas are bad Koil.

so you mean i should agree like the rest of them like sheep?

HC_ScubaSteve
August 11, 2003, 7:01 pm
Don't tell other poeple what they should think, and don't call them sheep, they like our ideas, and if you don't thats fine.

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 7:01 pm
ummmm.... im with ya koil. maybe they could make a new soldat for you ppl with the vehicles, like soldat x-treme or sumthin

HC_ScubaSteve
August 11, 2003, 7:08 pm
Possibly, but it would be easier for Micahl to just add them to the currect Soldat as AN OPTION, OPTION, please understand the word OPTION. Thankyou.

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 7:15 pm
the filters list is already long enough as is, just forget the vehicles, it'll make the game 2 complicated...

HC_ScubaSteve
August 11, 2003, 7:23 pm
Oh please, your too lazy to click one check box. Stop whining about it being complicated. Soldat is simple and vehicles wont affect its simplicity at all.

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 7:29 pm
o i still havent heard nething to make me wanna support it. what are the plusses? what r the downsides?

koil
August 11, 2003, 7:31 pm
Oh please, your too lazy to click one check box. Stop whining about it being complicated. Soldat is simple and vehicles wont affect its simplicity at all.

damnit man, if someone dont like 'your' idea, DEAL with it.
its his opinion ffs, you cant change it.

btw, i wasnt calling them sheeps, i said it cuz that what you want me to do, agree on something that i dont like.

HC_ScubaSteve
August 11, 2003, 7:35 pm
I want poeple to see that it wont affect them, It will only affect the poeple that want vehicles. Can uunderstand that? What do you think the pluses are, it makes the game more fun for those who like vehicles. So if u don't like vehicles then u wont have to play with them, they are there only for those who wish to have them.

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 7:37 pm
well, even if this idea is considered by michal, itll take a while for michal to correctly implement it, so we prolly wont see it until way later versions. and besides, im not a dumbass, i know most ppl on this forum prolly want vehicles, where would all the good servers be for the ppl who dont want them... and its not a question of whether i like the idea or not, i do like it, its just that i doubt it could be presented into the game without making the game suck too much... thats all

HC_ScubaSteve
August 11, 2003, 7:48 pm
Thats why we have to implement them slowly and consider all the problems they may have. I'm still working throught how everything will go down. It's pretty difficult to think up this stuff. So I might post un update to how the vehicles will function and how they will interact with things like the flag and the players, including things like bonuses. Everything must be thought of like: how wil we control our guy under water? I've thought of an O2 Meter, a scuba suit bonus, and many other things that will have to be considered for the implementation of the vehicles to be smooth and not ruin the game.

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 7:54 pm
its got to be hard to think about vehicles like that in a 2d game... which means a player will HAVE to pass a vehicle(either above or below) and to have perfect balance theres got to be some way to get out of the vehicles way... i just hope map makers wont make unbalanced maps...

HC_ScubaSteve
August 11, 2003, 8:08 pm
If you are on the same team as the driver. Then the tank will pass behind you. If its an enemy tank, it will run u over and u DIE, LOL. If a tank falls off a high place, then it hit the floor and explode or just fall off the level if thats how it is, and vehicles that belongs to no one (no driver) will be behind every player and will kill them. If a player jumps out of the tank as its moving, the tank will brake and stop completetly.

juice _ box
August 11, 2003, 8:14 pm
im tired of hearing about this lag [:-censored]. Before any of this would be inplemented michal would probly have soldved that problem so stop you pissing and moaning. its common sense

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 8:24 pm
quote:HC_ScubaSteve said:

If its an enemy tank, it will run u over and u DIE, LOL.

exactly what im talking about, neeeds to be a way to avoid the enemy tanks...

HC_ScubaSteve
August 11, 2003, 8:42 pm
the tanks are not HUGE, u will be able to jump over them and they need time to accelerate anyway.

3rd_account
August 11, 2003, 8:43 pm
I said it before and I'll say it again...

The only vehicles I could ever accept would be like small trams in a mine shaft following rails that gains thrust by the soldier moving at a direction he want's the tram to go. The more amount of soldiers in the tram, the slower it goes.

HC_ScubaSteve
August 11, 2003, 8:47 pm
thats an idea...but we are doin other vehicles anyway :P

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 8:49 pm
i sorta agree with account here, i think tanks and subs and jeeps and such are a bit too much, maybe a ship to move across a body of water, a helicopter to go to the opponents base, and a tram car like he said. but i think all these should be on a fixed path (players cant control em). but i think you should be able to shoot out of them all, and maybe a gun in the heli. but the heli would have to drop you off... well, not right on top the enemy base. and the vehicles should be invincible, but the players inside them can get hurt... only with heli the ppl inside could only get hurt by explosives...

HC_ScubaSteve
August 11, 2003, 9:42 pm
i do like the idea of a tram with its own track, but still player controlled vehicles are much more fun. besides i didnt intend for all the vehicles i put to be implemented, like the minisub. I mostly wanted the tank, ranger, apc and a boat. But more wouldnt make it bad.

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 9:45 pm
my idea would be much easier for michal to implement, maybe in the later versions there could be player controlled vehicles... ya know what i mean? o cool, i got corporal and didn't even notice LOL

HC_ScubaSteve
August 11, 2003, 10:22 pm
Ya me 2 lol. ya it would be easier to implement, but we should still try to get it in sooner.

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 10:50 pm
whoa, we agree on sumthin

HC_ScubaSteve
August 11, 2003, 11:30 pm
eeeeexellent.....so thats what it comes down to, eh? vehicles being a yes? whoa ive done it.

moysturfurmer
August 11, 2003, 11:51 pm
if you system is implemented then who would be able to buy the Vehicles? I don't want, vehicle factory camping.

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 11:55 pm
hes got a point scuba... i guess....

HC_ScubaSteve
August 11, 2003, 11:56 pm
good point, but i guess clans would assign somebody to that job, and theres gonna be campers anyway so it doesnt make a difference. And most people would prefer driving around in vehicles than guarding the base and camping at the factory.

Yin_Starrunner
August 12, 2003, 12:01 am
ya, there will always be campers, i think, to get your vehicle, you have to go into the factory and make an order. then youd have to wait a few (10-20 secs) for theyre vehicle is being built... the factories should be invincible, and if theyre not, then after they get destroyred, another should appear in a few minutes. that way there will be a little strategy in stopping the opposite teams recources from flowing in...

YAY, NAY?

HC_ScubaSteve
August 12, 2003, 12:04 am
no objection here. i think the destroyable ideas good. yay.

Yin_Starrunner
August 12, 2003, 12:07 am
YAY!!!!!

HC_ScubaSteve
August 12, 2003, 12:12 am
what other problems are left? i think i got em all worked out

Yin_Starrunner
August 12, 2003, 1:54 am
i got one, not really a problem as much as a suggestion, ill talk to you on msn.. too lazy to post it now...

[edit]
All right, i got bored. listen, for this vehicle thing to work, ive got a 1337 idea for a new type of map... You're in your base. you go to the factory, buy a vehicle for your team (using your money, because i dont think there should be a "team bank"). You buy a humvee, and immediately go outside to wait for it. To the right you can see the sea,as well as your teams docks. also in your base is the heli pad. your humvee spawns, and you get in, along with a couple teammates. the computer driver (for the first couple versions) drives left. You Go through hilly territory, and the come upon a mountain. THe driver tells you that this is a far as he can go, so you and your teammates get out of the humvee.

At this point your team starts to converse, arguing about whether they should take the mountain, or perhaps to try the old mines underneath. You vote to go through the tunnels, a quicker, but more dangerous approach. you start down the tunnel, going first since thats what the team voted you to do. it is pitch black and you don't have a light... you continue for what seems hours, but maybe only a few seconds. 'you lose all track of time, until you see a light. you continue to it in hopes of finding civilization, but instead you found and old railcar station. You shout to the others, informing them of your discovery.

Your teammates hurry down to meet you, and immediatly jump into one of the old railcars. you quickly jump in as well. seeing as this station hadn't had power in years, you must get out and push the railcar to the first slope. one final push and you jump in just in time to scream before the first vertical drop. from that point on it is a roller coaster of sorts. finally you come to a level straightaway, just in time for an enemy to fire a law at you! thankfully it misses and your temmates dive down, hoping to find some cover in the old railcar.

you look up, hoping to see the enemy. you catch a small glimpse of him and immediately fire in that direction. your muzzle flashes illuminate the darkness and you find out the enemies ingenous plan to sabotage the railcars. they had cut out a little alcove above the track from which ppl would be able to camp and ambush. your teammates look up and start firing as well, now knowing the enemy is defenseless as he reloads his LAW. You hit him once or twice, but know that there was no real damage.

Youre past him and now are at the other tram station at the other side of the mountain.you proceed up the attached tunnel and find yourself on the other side of the mountain. you proceed to the west, across many terrains, including a desert, a tundra, and a jungle,once sneaking past an enemy humvee . Youre up on a cliff at the very edge of the jungle now, and can see some red lights in the distance. you whip out your binoculars and take a look. You radio your entire team, cofirming that you have found the enemy base.

you signal the teammates that are with you the ok, and you all take out your parachutes, strap them on tight, and dive headfirst into the plain below. halfway on your trip to the ground, you deploy your parachute, now knowing that the enemy knows youre there. You land with a soft thud and proceed with cutting the parachute off, knowing that enemy forces will be closing in any time now.

[To Be Continued] *Maybe you'll catch my drift in the next part*

NEXT PART: Speed boats and battleships, o my!

juice _ box
August 12, 2003, 1:24 pm
Whoa, i didnt bother reading past the first paragraph because im to cool, but looks good.

Yin_Starrunner
August 12, 2003, 1:25 pm
lol

evildude
August 12, 2003, 1:36 pm
id have to say that vehicle would prob be a bit too powerful
just like a stat gun that f****** moves *shiver*

HC_ScubaSteve
August 12, 2003, 1:43 pm
can you say single player missions??? that could be cool. anyway i still think the railcars are a good idea, but michal shouldnt implement any other vehicles until hes got them player controllable.

HC_ScubaSteve
August 12, 2003, 2:52 pm
heyheyhey i just drew this in paint lol its a little idea of a map for vehicles, its low detail but it shows how it would generally look.[:D]

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] mappic.JPG30.72 KB

juice _ box
August 12, 2003, 2:53 pm
how is the tank supposed to get onto that top hill?

HC_ScubaSteve
August 12, 2003, 2:56 pm
if ur looking at the big map thats just a general drawing the magnification part is what shows how.

TIR_Blade
August 12, 2003, 3:27 pm
OK i don't like the idea but since u all prob don't care about my oppinion and will just keep inproving on ur ideas then i have some suggestions and some problems u should work out

1. Have a bridge that lets everything pass through it but Vehicles. Then u can have a bridge going to say the top hill and players could go down.

2. Instead of having these high tech vehicles that could whipe out an entire nation with one raid. Instead make basic vehicles, like a raft that carries a couple players. an APC is good. The mine cart was a great idea. AND FOR GODS SAKE if u having planes make planes like they had them in old times. Like the first plane. Or make planes that transport people and u cant turn them around. So u havta jump out when ur above the enemy or ull smash into a wall.

3. For the water vehicles u would have 2 vehicles just going into one another. THATS NOT GOOD. HA i can imagine an unrealistic boat tho that would be fair. U have little levels on top of the boat where each soldat is stationed and to destroy another boat u would havta Kill each soldat on each level. When all soldats r killed then the boat sinks :D.

4. Instead of having 2 factories have just one near the water so that the land vehicles could like come out the top(ill draw a pic soon so be patient :D)

5. It wouldn't be CTF so the flag carrior going in vehicles doesn't apply, The best mode for this would be like King of the hill or capture a teritory.

6. U would need to boost up the strength of every weapon to make it at least a bit ok to be out of vehicle.

7. Don't make it so the soldat's can swim that would just be stupid. Just make them sink like in worms :D

8. U can't have Stationary guns in the level because the vehicles wouldn't be able to go over them.

9. Make some sort of fuel so that the vehicle would be beyond function at least sometimes. To stop rampages by newbs.

10. Make vehicle ammo so that again after a while vehicles wouldn't be functional.

11. Make the spawnpoints for players high up where vehicles cant reach so that the vehicles cant spawnkill.

12. Make better maps then what he showed.

13. Make like a tunnel where theres more water way passages(shown in picture i show later)

Thats it for now ill make the pic and post it here :D

Yin_Starrunner
August 12, 2003, 3:38 pm
i still think that the vehicles should be computer controlled a to not cause spawn killing and camping and such. i agree with blades ideas (mmost of them)

HC_ScubaSteve
August 12, 2003, 3:40 pm
1. thats a better idea
2. i no like cuz big stuff makes the game funny lol but maybe for $1 a raft. a plane is not good even if its a biplane cuz they would always have to be moving to make sense.
3. for boats i dont see why they cant pass through eachother.
4. awaiting pic but i know what u mean and i like it.
5. it could work on ctf, inf best not king of the hill and ctt sounds good.
6. most ppl would have to use laws when playing vehicle games.
7. i like swimming!!! what about the o2 meter? O2!!!!
8. have them on higher up platforms.
9. no need, they wouldnt be THAT hard to destroy
10. same thing
11. i guess ya...
12. lol i did it in paint relax.
13. i just got an email from the forums so i guess u posted ur pic now...

HC_ScubaSteve
August 12, 2003, 3:42 pm
oh that wasnt blade... ok still awaiting pic... and i still think player controlled is 10000 times more fun.

N1nj@
August 12, 2003, 3:48 pm
dude, [:-censored] the vehicle, this aint no 3d games or some tank war battle games.

This is SOLDAT. and just leave it at that, we already cost too much problems like bringing the stationary guns into the game.

STOP ADDING!

Yin_Starrunner
August 12, 2003, 3:51 pm
hey ninja, don't worry, it will be an option! and most ppl who replied to this thread did like the idea. just chill out... you dont have to play with them! (i mean the vehicles)

juice _ box
August 12, 2003, 3:52 pm
no once again your thinking inside the box. You can keep your precious ctf or w/e. i would like to try using jeeps and stuff. it would be a new game mode. Im pretty sure your aware that current stock maps are to small.

N1nj@
August 12, 2003, 3:55 pm
omfg. this is so screw. lol. i m out.

Yin_Starrunner
August 12, 2003, 3:57 pm
HES SEEN THE LIGHT!!!!

juice _ box
August 12, 2003, 3:58 pm
about [:-censored]ing time

HC_ScubaSteve
August 12, 2003, 4:01 pm
goodjob ppl!!! i think i did the bold thing right

koil
August 12, 2003, 10:42 pm
quote:Originally posted by Yin_Starrunner
...and most ppl who replied to this thread did like the idea...
man, 99% of the posts in this thread was yours, scuba's and juice's. so basiclly, maybe max 5 diffrent ppl agrees on this topic.

JayBDey
August 12, 2003, 11:09 pm

Yin_Starrunner
August 12, 2003, 11:09 pm
you dont have to play with them, its an option. and besides, only about 5 different ppl on this server agree with survival, rambomatch, and pointmatch game modes, lol

Tha Doggfather
August 12, 2003, 11:19 pm
me agrees with koil

HC_ScubaSteve
August 12, 2003, 11:25 pm
less than 6 disagree, im too lazy to count.

juice _ box
August 13, 2003, 12:28 am
it doesnt matter, everyone has an opinion. about the jeeps n crap, look at mr bobs idea. That could possibly decide once and for all if these topics have been wasting forum space.

NuZZ
August 13, 2003, 12:35 am
Well I personaly support this idea ! It rocks 2 me, and I even have a big explosion to be imported, im gonna send it to micheal alomg with 2 other explosions, and a water effect, and some textures for tank and ground. GOOD IDEA I WILL BE POSTIN GA SEPERATE TOPIC WITH A POLE!

that fuking sniper
August 13, 2003, 3:50 am
K guys let me tell you why this isnt good.

Games like Soldat run on one principle, everything should be accessed by everyone, everyone could select eny weapon they want and all that crap, so that only player skill would really matter.

Now in the case of vehicles, and also the S.Guns, you put an advantage source that is only accessable by 1 player, or a small group of players, it is then when player skill loses its importance and the only thing that matters is to get to the advantage source first (hence you can see whole teams racing for the S.Guns on big servers, some even nade their own team to get on it).

That reason is why I completely object S.Guns and vehicles. While you may argue that S.Guns are immobile and all that crap, they are still a superior tool to the base defender over almost eny attacker that doesnt die before he gets to throw a nade or something.

So basicly if vehicles were implemented into Soldat, I could just imagine whole servers racing and rushing just to get to the vehicle, the point where they get an advantage over the enemy, and thus taking player skill almost completely out of the picture, because it will no longer be "get better and defeat your opponent" it will be "get to the vehicle and defeat your opponent". And that doesnt bode well for Soldat.

fabmanx
August 13, 2003, 6:13 am
very nicely said that [:-censored]ing sniper

n/a
August 13, 2003, 1:47 pm
i agree with sniper, but must say that i just can't imagine some kind of vehicle in ssoldat.
the only possibility would be to make s.k. of wall climbing tank, that doesn't be very effective in attackin the enemy, but in saving the own team.
look at ABE'S EXODDUS there's a mine car, that can climb walls and kills everything that gets under it's wheels.

[IMAGE]

know what i mean??
now fuk u, i'm out.

HC_ScubaSteve
August 13, 2003, 1:58 pm
why do u guys care if its an option?

Yin_Starrunner
August 13, 2003, 2:24 pm
*sigh* we could take the stat guns out if you want and just use hte vehicles for transportation purposes, and have them computer controlled if you want...

HC_ScubaSteve
August 13, 2003, 2:29 pm
taking out stat guns is fine with me, and for now anyway a minecar would be nice.

Yin_Starrunner
August 13, 2003, 2:36 pm
a minecar would rox0r!

HC_ScubaSteve
December 15, 2003, 1:02 am
Time to bring this little old post back to life. please read everything before you start to complain. most importanty the first post in pg 1. thankyou.

Aquarius
December 15, 2003, 1:15 am
Maybe just STFU.

HC_ScubaSteve
December 15, 2003, 1:18 am
what the hell is your problem??? why dont you seriously consider some of these ideas???

Aquarius
December 15, 2003, 1:28 am
We have 5 pages of discussion on this topic, we had MANY other topics about vehicles.

EVERYTHING has been said already.

Do we really need more???

HC_ScubaSteve
December 15, 2003, 1:59 am
YES! to convince people like you.

Mechanoid
December 15, 2003, 2:48 am
if this hasn't been stated; instead of rewarding cash for kills, maybe the server would increase each sides cash on a regular basis on a timer, sort of like a wage for all the players playing? the intervals between wages could also be set by the server, so a server that has "OMFG T3H TANKS!!!" would give you a $100 wage every 30 seconds. [:D] This way someone with 0/99 could still buy and use a tank, and if personal cash is the option, he wouldn't have to mooch off of his teammates.. though the rich team mate could buy the vehicles for everyone, so there's some teamplay right there.

One last thing: Aquarius... if you dont have anything nice useful to say zip it, send it to me, and i'll delete it as SPAM. Things change for a reason. If you dont like change, kill yourself. Change is everywhere, and is often a good thing; live with it.

Aquarius
December 15, 2003, 8:56 am
OK. Something useful.

Here are the topics about VEHICLES from the last 6 months only. Please, read all of them carefully before you post something about vehicles.

How about some vehicles?
[URL]

vehicles in soldat,is good ideia?
[URL]

New Mod for soldat, weapon, maps for vehicles
[URL]

Transport Vehicles
[URL]

THE 3RD FINAL VEHICLE POST!!!112
[URL]

The FINAL vehicle post - Decided YES :/
[URL]

STICKY: DO NOT POST VEHICLE IDEAS!
[URL]

VEHICLES WOULD BE GREAT.
[URL]

Don't Post Requests For Vehicles (Reasons INSIDE)
[URL]

A note on the vehicles
[URL]

The FINAL Vehicle Post
[URL]

Vehicles anyone?
[URL]

If you plan to suggest "vehicle" read. Plz. Read
[URL]

frogboy
December 15, 2003, 8:59 am
YES! to convince people like you.

FFS, you can't convince half a game's fan base + creator to reconsider vehicles.

eyic
December 15, 2003, 9:22 am
dude steve, vechiles just wont work in soldat, end of story i dont think its a good idea to bring this back up :/

juice _ box
December 15, 2003, 9:35 am
Give it a rest. THERE WILL NOT BE VEHICLES. so stfu.

eyic
December 15, 2003, 9:48 am
lol juice earlier in this topic u were actually supporting it :P

juice _ box
December 15, 2003, 11:19 am
Oh don't get me wrong, I love the idea, but if you read the interview with michal on selfkill.de he says that vehicles would have to be a whole differnt game or somthing like that. He can continue his little protest, but it wont get him anywhere or do him any good.

HC_ScubaSteve
December 15, 2003, 11:40 pm
i just brought this old topic of mine because i saw the other sticky and that alot of people seemed to like it. i still think this would be great but nobody seems to realize it. and ur talking about convincing michal, the only reason hes not putting them in is because all u anti-vehicle people and traditionists. i know that personally he does like vehicles.

juice _ box
December 16, 2003, 12:08 am
... yawn. Did michal tell you this?

HC_ScubaSteve
December 16, 2003, 1:59 am
actually yes, i emailed him telling him about this post and he replied.

i wrote this a LONG time ago. when i was a n00b. (ive been playing for 2 years now so shhh)

Hello, my name is Steven and I love your game. I was thinking of some ideas for Soldat and thought that you might like them too, the stationary gun was one of them, and its amazing that you put it in. My other major idea is vehicles. This would make the game much more fun, skillful, and halarious! The first vehicle would be a tank. If your wondering how that would work in the game I think the best way would be the body of the tank would be semetrical and always be sideways and the turret would follow the cursor. My second vehicle is a ranger, very fast and easy to flip! Maybe with a machine gun turret on top. Next may be a little harder to program but its worth it: a helicopter. Should have some sort of gun on it. And finally a speedboat. You would need to make a new water engine and you should be able to swim in it. The boat should be very very fast and if you accelerate too long the boat should flip out and either kill people inside or just throw them out. For all of the ve hicle you should put a "use" key to get in and out. And they should have a health bar of there own. They should be able to hold atleast 2 people each, and best of all the amazing crashes. Imagine driving a tank off a cliff onto the enemy base below! And most importantly it would need new maps to support vehicles. Im sure these will be hard to program but look at what you have already done. These vehicles will make the game absolutely amazing! PLEASE reply to this letter whether you think my ideas are good, bad or need work. Thanks man.

Michals reply:

Your ideas are good. I don't know if I'll implement them, it could be hard. The biggest problem is people who dissagree with this idea. I would rather have more people playing the game even if most of them dont like vehicles. You can also check out the soldat forums. (http://soldatfourm.dnagames.net)

there u go.

Droopy
December 16, 2003, 7:06 pm
I agree with eyic when he said that vehicles just wouldnt work in soldat! But there are some good ideas. Like that transport truck that could carry 6 players and jeep. And maybe they could be implemented in large maps. Hmmm.. Come to think about it it is a cool idea. But there should be an option to turn vehicles off or maybe it could be a game mod.. But soldat IS a game of soldiers and teh name already tells that. So lets just be quiet about it and keep dreaming.. (gets dreamy eyes)

juice _ box
December 17, 2003, 2:35 am
Well dam steve u got me there.

frogboy
December 17, 2003, 5:10 am
Duh, the e-mail is fake. Or from several years ago.

eyic
December 17, 2003, 5:22 am
it cant be ages ago coz hes talking about the sg's and since when did sg's get implemented? 1.1.5 ro 1.1.4? i forget :/

frogboy
December 17, 2003, 6:15 am
1.1.5. But he went forward in time to see SG's in 1.1.5b leaked. Thats how he knew.

Or it was fake.

tbfg
December 17, 2003, 9:49 am
I whould think it whould be really nice if there where motorcykels whit something like the elastomainia engine. And u whould be able to drive and shot at the same time.

frogboy
December 17, 2003, 10:16 am
No. Soldat is _NOT_ Elastomania.

HC_ScubaSteve
December 17, 2003, 8:45 pm
first of all the email is NOT fake. second...um well not much else. ELASTOMANIA is fun tho, but motorcycles with elasitcy things would suck bad.

eyic
December 17, 2003, 9:00 pm
so your saying that tanks, helicopters, tucks, hum-vee's, racing cars, boats, speedboats, boats with rockets, that wouldnt work in a soldat, are better?

juice _ box
December 18, 2003, 1:05 am
yes. The idea is great, but the fact of the matter is some people don't accept it. To stubborn for new ideas that could possibly make the game 10x more popular, but hey wouldn't it be better if michal made less money and the current players were happy?

frogboy
December 18, 2003, 6:04 am
10x more popular with n00bs. If there were vehicles, a lot of people would leave. I know I would.

juice _ box
December 18, 2003, 6:36 am
quote:10x more popular with n00bs.
You were a newb a few months ago and I really don't think anyone would care if you left. Why would anyone leave? you havn't played it dumb ass, how would you know if its fun or not? Pull your head out of your ass. People crying about stupid [:-censored] like this = less money for michal (if scuba isn't lieng).

Look at it this way, Soldat 1.3 or 2.0 Is posted on file planet, pictures of tiny 2d men in little jeeps cruising across a map. Who wouldn't this apeal to? Plenty of people would get hooked and possibly register. I'm pretty sure I would try it.

frogboy
December 18, 2003, 10:59 am
Maps with vehicles wouldn't work anyway, because of the way the maps are designed.

Weed
December 18, 2003, 3:22 pm
ok, now ill tell u why vehicles would change soldat, why they suck so fukin much, and why i dont even support it as an option

- Vehicle Shooting Games like Metal Slug: u all know this game, and if u dont just go hang urself, in this game u have a "mission": killing everything in ur way till u get to the big enemiy in the end of the mission.
its an old arcade game (well not so old) and the thing bout it is that its for 2 players.
now take soldat, a multi player game, that is built on speed, and fast thinking, and turn it into a Metal Slug wannabe, u will get that u will end up playing Metal Slug, in a map that never ends, and toghether with 9 other ppl, everyone driving around, so that means u will have no car, poor guy, u will most certainly get killed before u can say Metal Slug Wannabe.

- Speed: Soldat is a game with speed ffs, only campers stop for 3 hours in the middle waiting! if u had vehicles it will turn into a stupid strategy game, all ur team would wait in the base till a vehicle is "created/bought" to go on attack, everyone would just look for a way for more easy frags, and now u think it will be fun, ffs, u thought the same bout the stationary guns, and it got to the point that most servers took them out.

- Stipidity: CASH ???????? WTF is wrong with u? u wanna turn this into "the sims" ? or into RA2 ? ffs, thats the most stupid idea i ever heard.
Missions? how would that be fun? oh yeah, i can imagine that:
[Big Noob]Boss, the chinesse are holding 5 hostages on the red building by the lake!
[Noob Boos]ok, lets stop and think how to do this...
"after 5 minutes"
[Noob Boos]OK! i got it, the perfect plan :D listen up...
"chinesse team wins, the hostages are dead"

remember u r playing against ppl here, not programed NPCs that will do their thing only when they are supposed to! and if u wanna do it for single mode, that means u r bored, if u want a single mod mission game, go play something else, or would u like "missions" in UT? thats why there is Unreal, for u to do missions and follow a story line, so u wont ask for all that stuff in UT and spam their forums with stupid requests! same thing with HL, u get CS for multi, same with Quake.Heck, even with Jedi Academy!.... so thats just another reason for why is this stupid.

im sure u now will say "onjly an OPTION, get it? O-P-T-I-O-N !!!!!
well, that option sux, since i wont dl the game if im actually dling a 100mb thing just to use 30mb of it, and stick all the other crapp in my pc. if u want u could get it as a patch for the ppl that want vehicles.
the only thing im sure of, is that the idea will look good at the beginning, but it will suck after 2 months or less, cuz ppl will get bored of the game, and they will go to play normal soldat, or just ditch soldat cuz they got bored of the 2d action vehicles so they dont wanna see it again.

- Lag: it would lag even more, dont say otherwise, cuz u know its true, if u have a 10mb connection, im sure u wont care much, same thing if u go to local servers (servers near ur home) that have a big pipe. that would pop the bubbles to all the vehicle lovers that doesnt have a strong connection, that lives in a far-from europe or USA place, and to all the others that dont like playing with over 800 ping.

- Tradition: i know this word doesnt sound good for most of ya, nothing to do with me being jewish going around saying tradition either ;)
but what i mean is, there is an "Oldies Soldat" board in these forums, that means ppl still like the old version right? good, that means they love soldat for what it was since the beginning, without all the changes and stuff, the plain old soldat that gave them hours of fun, im sure they were happy that many bugs were repaired in the Versions that came after, but they also lost a part of their love for the game, since other changes came too, and i think one of the worst punches for the vets around here, was in fact, the Stationary Guns.
I myself started playing since 1.1.5, so i cant say much bout the old version, but thats the feeling i will get with the new 1.2, its like, u will have to get ready for other stuff. my point bout this is: Normal Soldat ROX!, no need to add more stuff to it (like water, vehicles, more guns, more bonuses, more game modes, etc...) just leave it like it is, take care of the bugs, thats cool, but adding unwanted/not needed bs its just over the line, and if the game changes too much it will not be soldat anymore...

SO! i dont agree with this idea, in fact i fukin hate this idea.
but if enough ppl want it, here is an idea for u Michael: do it as a mod, something that only the ones that want it may download, that way, the others wont have to have it on their pc if they dont want it (kinda like Half Life and Counter Strike :D) and here is the really good idea for u Michael, dont give it up for free :D that way u will get something for the time (better than writing MONTHS and scare u away ;)) of work on vehicles, water, boats, new swimming suits, yellow submarines, navy seals, and maybe the flying carpet too. My point (i know im very puzzeling) if u gonna make it, make THEM pay for it ;)

.:|OFF-TOPIC|:.
Who the f*ck said i cant write an essay?

juice _ box
December 18, 2003, 4:01 pm
You make some good points weed, but im to lazy to argue with an essay, so [:-censored] it. No vehicles