( search forums )
Advanced Remote Soldat Server Enchanter [v1.1.6.3]
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
KeFear
May 11, 2005, 7:54 pm
I finally released my admin tool. It's connection code was based on MM's original Soldat Admin, but i changed that stuff a lot.

[HOW TO USE]
If you have problems using it, i recommend reading THIS tutorial first. If you can't make it work, then read this:

First, set your admin password in soldat.ini (Admin_password in NETWORK section) and start your dedicated server. (When i say dedicated, i mean the REAL dedicated, not the one built-in the game.) You can download the REAL dedicated server from here.

When you are ready with this, start your soldatserver.exe and then run ARSSE (from any directory you like). Now you can set up ARSSE for your server:
If you are running it on localhost (your machine) you can use 127.0.0.1 for the ip (or the "localhost" hostname, without the "), use the default port (or whatever you set) 23073, and fill in your admin password. Now hit Connect and enjoy controlling your own soldatserver.
[/HOW TO USE]

[NEWS]
2006.06.04:
New version is out for the new soldatserver features! fixed a bug also in the Command Box.
Chibi made a sexy website for ARSSE, check it out:
http://arsse.fracs.net/
\o/
Oh, and new screens are added. Taken from Leo's Realistic Servers, big thanks for them!
http://www.soldat-lra.net/
2006.04.05:
Added a few new functions:
Connect/Disconnect All, Auto-Reconnect on disconnect, Connect on startup.
Logs are now saved under "Server Name.txt" (the name on tabs)
[/NEWS]

ARSSE offers a bunch of nice features for soldat server admins.
Here's a short list:

Tabs for monitoring multiple servers at the same time
Favourite servers for faster access of your servers
Improved Player List
Improved command line
Encrypted server passwords stored in config files (option)
Command box with all the server commands
New server commands
Ingame commands
Super Fast Hotkeys for faster administration
Default Bots and Maps for faster, better Map changes and Bot adds
Colored player chat messages for better review
Automatic team swap function after map change
Automatic server messages
Avarage ping/score/death statistics
Resizeable window, player list and message box
Named bans
Minimize to system tray option
Basic scripting support
IRC Bot to control your servers from IRC, share access with your admins, etc.. (not completed yet)
etc, check readme for more details and up-to-date information

Few screenshots taken from Leo's Realistic Servers (http://www.soldat-lra.net/) \o/
Main window:
[IMAGE]
Popup menus:
[IMAGE]
Settings form:
[IMAGE]

I hope you all like it. Any feedback is welcome, feel free to post your thoughts here or email me.

Download link: [URL]
Mirror: http://m00.laughingllamas.com/data/kefear/arsse.zip

If you want to check the readme first before downloading, you can find it here: [URL]

Some features on my to-do list:

-Version checker
-IRC Bot
-FTP support for geting server settings, mapslist, etc
-Scripting support

If you have any suggestion, please post it and i will try to implement it.
Have fun using it! :)

ps: yes, it IS called ARSSE, for purpose. Bored of shty names that doesn't mean anything :)

grand_diablo
May 11, 2005, 7:58 pm
sounds nice :D
any developement screens?

KeFear
May 11, 2005, 8:08 pm
Screens are coming soon.. :)

Deleted User
May 11, 2005, 8:17 pm
great! don't keep us waiting:)

JiggaBlue
May 11, 2005, 8:22 pm
Hmm, this looks good, if it works out well MM should make it the default soldat admin. In the curent one there is way to many bugs.

Aquarius
May 12, 2005, 7:20 am
What I would like to see, are superfast keybord shortcuts:

to ban someone, press B, then player number
to kick someone, press K, then player number
to shutdown servwer, press S, then Enter to confirm
to say something, press T, then type message and press Enter to confirm

etc...

KeFear
May 12, 2005, 7:49 am
Hmm.. thats a nice idea, i will do it. :)

By the way, the image above is updated, i worked on it a bit.. added some real special feature: ChatBox, where all the chat are displayed.

I update the first post with the finished opjectives.

JiggaBlue
May 12, 2005, 7:58 am
That looks really good.

Deleted User
May 12, 2005, 8:16 am
wtf is with all the "<insername> Plus!" names!

So what happens when somone's name has [ and ] in it.. (Just curious, since when im pretty sure there is no 100% accurate way to determine chat from certain player names.) Consider that when somone with the name [STEEVE] joins it will say [STEEVE] joining game (127.0.0.1:23073)... which looks exactly like the chat lines

n00bface
May 12, 2005, 8:26 am
I recommend you either re-add both the chat lines and the server messages back together, or you timestamp both of them so that it's not so confusing what people are talking about, if someone scores, or someone joins, etc..

KeFear
May 12, 2005, 9:41 am
Okay, i recall the Chat-thing, and will work with it later. Also, i named my project: Advanced Remote Server Enchanter - enesce, as it didn't have a name, that's why it was "<insertname> Plus".

I don't think that is impossible to seperate the chat messages from players with [ in their name, but it is quite complex. Don't be so pathetic...

Deleted User
May 12, 2005, 10:10 am
quote:Don't be so pathetic...that was uncalled for... Remind me never to help this choob with an obvious logical error in the future.

KeFear
May 12, 2005, 10:32 am
i did. flame me. i don't care...

n00bface
May 12, 2005, 10:59 am
quote:The only issue I can see is that with the chat seperated, if any of it ever needed to be used as proof, it would be a lot of work to sort it out. Perhaps there could be a feature to automatically save and record the logs in a combined format?

Nobody would ever need to use SoldatAdmin logs as proof, it will already be on the server.

.alex.oner.
May 12, 2005, 11:11 am
looks pretty cool. any idea when released? or is it released when its released??

KeFear
May 12, 2005, 12:02 pm
I'm pretty close to release a working version.. but i don't know.. i will have exams next week, so i have to learn...

By the way, i updated the screenshot with the latest version.

Favorite servers list now work (no Add function yet), commands work, i removed the chat seperate window, later i will add it as an option maybe: you can seperate the chat messages and system messages (they will be timestamed for better overview), and switch back anytime.
Some bugfixes in the players list, re-designed the layout.
If you press enter while the cursor is in Host, port or pass editbox, it connects you to the selected server. Also saves the password for the last server

FoZ
May 12, 2005, 4:04 pm
Hehehe, nice program..
you may already have thought of this, but i'm going to be helpful anyways..
verifying the chat messages such as CAPs scored is about as simple as getting your program to wait for the cap # to increase and then use the last seen [* has scored].
Grabs could be a little bit of trouble for you, but i guess caps are the most important.
hope i helped :F

offtopic: ... *flicks lapis* where did you go the other day? :( be on msn more, you!

Deleted User
May 12, 2005, 4:32 pm
KeFear, calling EnEsCe pathetic was unfair, he was only trying to help.

KeFear
May 12, 2005, 5:35 pm
Okay. Maybe i used the wrong word. He said that there is no 100% way to seperate the chat messages from the rest. i think there is, maybe i'm wrong. Didn't mean any offense...

FliesLikeABrick
May 12, 2005, 8:33 pm
in response to FoZ, wouldn't that require whoring the REFRESH command/packet?

Deleted User
May 13, 2005, 3:28 pm
KeFear, the word is pessimistic, not pathetic ;)

KeFear
May 13, 2005, 4:43 pm
Yeah, thats the word :] - i apologize...

0xSilentx0
May 14, 2005, 4:10 am
Awesome...cant wait till its released

Deleted User
May 14, 2005, 12:58 pm
yea.. xept how do I use it :S

KeFear
May 15, 2005, 3:29 pm
First release is out, for testing purposes. Check first post for link.

Still have many things on the to-do list, but i released this version to see what you respond :)

Deleted User
May 15, 2005, 4:02 pm
can u tell me where I extract this? just in the soldat folder or..?

KeFear
May 15, 2005, 4:21 pm
You can extract it anywhere, in the soldat folder or any other. do you have problems runing it?

Aquarius
May 15, 2005, 4:46 pm
Good work, I have another idea for you ;)

AutoSwap teams option - after every map change teams are automatically swapped (all red players are moved to the blue team and all blue players are moved to the red team) - it would be _very_ useful on infiltration servers or CTF/TM servers with one map.

I have some great ideas for user interface but I will post it later ;)

KeFear
May 15, 2005, 5:14 pm
nice idea, i will add this feature as well :)

you can post the user interface ideas too if you wish :>

in the next weeks i won't have much time to work on this project as i have to learn for my exams, so you will have to wait untill i finish them... :\

grand_diablo
May 15, 2005, 6:15 pm
nice tool, nice progress so far ;D

.alex.oner.
May 15, 2005, 6:38 pm
niceee.. *downloaded* this will come in handy! not sure of anymore suggestions though, mabye a text bar thing that has the server name in it, and you can re-write a new server name.. im not sure if thats possible or not, and its not neccasy either, but it would be a cool/handy feature!

EspaceeMegadeth
May 15, 2005, 7:00 pm
looks fine.

Yukwunhang
May 15, 2005, 7:06 pm
Custom commands - /kickall, /muteall etc

KeFear
May 15, 2005, 7:26 pm
/kickall function is already in, well, it sets the password as well -> Make Private

JiggaBlue
May 16, 2005, 5:46 am
Hmm, this is looking up, to bad I don't have a server anymore :P

.alex.oner.
May 16, 2005, 5:43 pm
quote:Originally posted by .alex.oner.mabye a text bar thing that has the server name in it, and you can re-write a new server name.. im not sure if thats possible or not, and its not neccasy either, but it would be a cool/handy feature!

and mabye, well i cant think of much else, only a skin thing, so you can customise it, but once again, thats not essential, but would be cool :)

KeFear
May 19, 2005, 12:19 pm
I finished my math exam successfuly, so i can work on this project a bit :)

What i want to ask is: would you like a tabbed servers function? so you could open a new tab for a new server and connect to it, and switch between the opened servers immediately.

Yukwunhang
May 19, 2005, 12:28 pm
Ofcourse YES. Why not?

eagleclaw364
May 19, 2005, 10:12 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeFearI finished my math exam successfuly, so i can work on this project a bit :)

What i want to ask is: would you like a tabbed servers function? so you could open a new tab for a new server and connect to it, and switch between the opened servers immediately.

Ooh, sounds neat. That'd be quite nice actually :D
Good job on the program so far! Good luck with finishing it.

KeFear
May 21, 2005, 1:29 pm
I added a little update, now the refresh doesn't "flicker" anymore, added some bugfixes, timestamp to messages and logging. Download link didn't change :)

This is named the second public beta, v0.9.1b
There is a readme.txt included from now on.

[URL]

Deleted User
May 21, 2005, 11:30 pm
can you post the readme? i want some info before i handle:p

AWH_ReApEr
May 21, 2005, 11:57 pm
Please, PLEASE, before you work on tabs, make it so that you can resize the window. It'd be quite helpful if it would save the size of the window when it closes as well.

Everything seems fine so far. If I find anything, I'll be sure to let you know.

KeFear
May 22, 2005, 2:08 am
quote:Originally posted by HHHcan you post the readme? i want some info before i handle:p

Okay, I uploaded it for you. Hope you find any useful in it ;)

[URL]

quote:Originally posted by AWH_ReApErPlease, PLEASE, before you work on tabs, make it so that you can resize the window. (..)
Everything seems fine so far. If I find anything, I'll be sure to let you know.

Okay, i will try to make that. but the tabs feature is only a future plan yet ;)

Dr.ThraX
May 22, 2005, 3:08 am
For some reason it wont work for me. I open it up when I have a Dedicated Server going. Then I type in the IP Address of the server and the port, then the password but it allways says Connection Failed. Please Help!

KeFear
May 22, 2005, 9:12 am
does the original Soldat Admin work for you? If it does.. then it is strange.

If you use the built-in dedicated than it will never work with that, as it doesn't have the admin port opened.

EDIT: I made an update again, now the settings are in a dialog plus, more things can be configured.

EDIT2: New update: now window can be resized :) + a little bugfix.

Deleted User
May 22, 2005, 4:15 pm
is it downloaded via the program like Ducksteinas SFN, or do we have to download it manually?

KeFear
May 22, 2005, 4:43 pm
You have to download it manually form this link: http://legalize.hu/laki/soldat/arsse.zip
I will add an auto-updater later.

I've re-written the readme with some useful information.

Deleted User
May 22, 2005, 5:35 pm
ok.. its only too bad that the router in my house is back up, and im to stoopid to forward the ports ;P

Dr.ThraX
May 22, 2005, 8:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeFeardoes the original Soldat Admin work for you? If it does.. then it is strange.

If you use the built-in dedicated than it will never work with that, as it doesn't have the admin port opened.

EDIT: I made an update again, now the settings are in a dialog plus, more things can be configured.

EDIT2: New update: now window can be resized :) + a little bugfix.

I did use the build in dedicated.....Can you post how I could make and run a dedicated server using your tool?

KeFear
May 22, 2005, 9:00 pm
download the latest dedicated server from www.soldat.pl and open up soldat.ini, find Admin_Password and write your admin password there. then run soldatserver and you can hopefuly connect to it.

The built in server shouldn't be used as it is too unstable and unsecure.

Dr.ThraX
May 22, 2005, 9:24 pm
where do I extract the server files that I download? Like could you post a full tutorial cause it says stuff aboput Linux and I don't know what that is....

KeFear
May 22, 2005, 10:14 pm
well... if you have soldat installed, then just download the latest dedicated server patch, extract the soldatserver.exe into your soldat folder, open soldat.ini in notepad, find Admin_password, insert your admin password there (like Admin_password=mypass) save and close notepad. Then execute soldatserver.exe. It should start in a command line. Now you have your dedicated soldat server running, and you can connect to it with ARSSE, SARJ or the original Soldat Admin tool using the password you specified in the soldat.ini (mentioned above).

Dr.ThraX
May 23, 2005, 3:17 am
Ok I did all that......When I ran soldatserver.exe it showed the command line but it says No Maps found in Maps List......then a thing pp saying soldatserver.exe failed and asks if I would like to send the error report....Please help

AWH_ReApEr
May 23, 2005, 3:22 am
Add maps to the maplist.txt. Make it say something like:

ctf_B2b
ctf_Kampf
ctf_Run

And so forth.

By the way: Thanks for the window resizing. ;p
Now all you need to get in there is for it to save the window size.

Dr.ThraX
May 23, 2005, 4:05 am
What about that error report thingeh?

AWH_ReApEr
May 23, 2005, 4:32 am
Error reports are stupid. Ignore them and press "Don't send"

Dr.ThraX
May 23, 2005, 5:02 am
If I press Don't Send it closes out of soldatserver.exe And now when ever I run soldatserver.exe I try to connect using ARRSE but it always freezes....

Deleted User
May 23, 2005, 3:24 pm
I can translate into Dutch if you need it...
BTW I found it pretty vague... if I overwrite my mapslist.txt and/or readme.txt and/or weaponslist.txt it'll change something in Soldat, can't be good... *ph34r*
Anyways yeah. Translation.

KeFear
May 23, 2005, 4:53 pm
it won't overwrite your mapslist.txt as it uses maplist.txt (without the 's'), weaponslist.txt doesn't even exists, the readme is not so important part of Soldat, so don't fear :) Anyway, you don't have to extract it to Soldat's directory :)

Translation would be fine, but after i implement language support, as any text could change now. thanks.

Deleted User
May 23, 2005, 5:01 pm
Oh, OK. Just wondering. :รพ
BTW weapon(s)list does exist, but it is rarely used.
Anyways, *gets back with Soldat ;-)*

KeFear
May 23, 2005, 5:07 pm
yep.. exists, but i meant that it is not used in arsse, so don't worry :)

EDIT: Ok, here is a quick screenshot from the current state. hope you like it ;)

[IMAGE]

I thought that the colors might help to review the game :)

EDIT2: the colors are crappy becouse of bad image quality

Aegis
May 23, 2005, 10:21 pm
If you don't have this already I thought I'd mention this useful feature.
It works in the dedicated server included with soldat - Timed Bans
An option to enter the number of Days/Hours/Mins to ban or blank for permanent ban, basically.

Deleted User
May 23, 2005, 11:34 pm
how about those report things that I have seen on some server...
it say say !admin + reason to get an admin in here.. bla bla bla..
press !help to get info bla bla bla I dont know.. is this possible to do with your ARSE? ;)

KeFear
May 24, 2005, 12:01 am
not yet, but it will be available soon

AWH_ReApEr
May 24, 2005, 12:24 am
I'm loving this program more and more with every update. I'm looking forward to future versions and the things Psycho mentioned. I'd be glad to report bugs, but there aren't any yet. =0

Keep up the great work.

dabookshah
May 31, 2005, 6:49 am
:( you stole my idea :(. basically i was working on something similar. Six tabs for six servers, written in java. The main reason I was doing it is cause soldat security stuff is so (Please refrain from swearing) that changing your port is enough to get around a ban, so yeah, a list of timed/permenant name/ip bans would be THE best feature, at least for me. (Please refrain from swearing) the translation/skins, lets just have the banning function.

KeFear
May 31, 2005, 8:01 am
i didn't stole your idea as i didn't even know you were working on something like this ,) And it's not java so... ;) (let's have a look at SARJ ;) )

The translation/skins feature are only the last part of the plan, when everything works fine and nothing more can be done. The aim is to create the ultimate soldat admin tool ;)

AWH_ReApEr
June 1, 2005, 12:49 am
So what's the latest news on it? You said you added some colors to it, but I guess you havn't uploaded that version yet.

I still havn't found any problems, so I have nothing to report. =x

KeFear
June 1, 2005, 11:08 am
That update will be available in the next release ;) Sadly i have to learn now for my exams, so i don't have much time :\

AWH_ReApEr
June 1, 2005, 11:49 pm
Then, I patiently await the next release. =D

And good luck on your exams!

KeFear
June 2, 2005, 1:23 am
Well, if you want, you can get the latest version from here: http://legalize.hu/laki/soldat/ARSSE.exe
no feedback for it yet, the changes list will come with the new release.

thanks, i really need luck for my exams ;)

hock3y
June 4, 2005, 1:40 am
Can you add an auto-say feature, like a messsage to say every X amount of minutes, which is defined by the player?

KeFear
June 4, 2005, 8:57 am
sure.

EDIT:

I decided to upload the newest version, so everyone can try it. It has some nice new features, hope you all like it. Someone told me recently that he heard ARSSE steals passwords. That is absolutely not true, so don't be afraid. In fact, it now stores server passwords encrypted.
Make sure you read the readme for more information on the changes.

Download: http://legalize.hu/laki/soldat/arsse.zip

As always, any feedback is welcome.

AWH_ReApEr
June 5, 2005, 9:51 pm
Wow, this is quite the update!

One thing, you should make the server message feature a little more versatile. Such as allowing more than one server message at a time. This would be incase you can't fit your message on one line.

Everything else looks amazing. Great job on this.

hock3y
June 6, 2005, 10:08 pm
Wow, thanks for adding my feature, I'm going to start using this now =) This is turning into a great program, and good luck on your exams, mine are coming up soon.

Edit: Yay you can send it to the system tray w00t

dabookshah
June 9, 2005, 1:25 pm
Hah, I was afraid you were going to make something heaps better than me.......and you probably already have, but I must admit your encryption is f*cking pathetic, I was REALLY REALLY bored and sat down with a hex editor and figured it out in about three quarters of an hour. Its really, REALLY simple. You might as well have gone with plain-text..........

KeFear
June 9, 2005, 1:56 pm
well yeah, i'm not good in encryting :] but, it is still better then plain-text...

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 7:52 am
wow sh** awesome program keep it up dude, quote:Originally posted by dabookshahI was dumb and sat down with a hex editor and figured it out in about three quarters of an hour.

LoL as if u would waste that much time tryin to figure it out

Deleted User
June 10, 2005, 11:19 am
I don't think anyone will need to hack KeFears program anyway, so it doesn't matter ;)

dabookshah
June 10, 2005, 12:37 pm
:( there goes my attempt to make it look (Please refrain from swearing)

KeFear
June 13, 2005, 7:25 pm
Hehe dabookshah :] thanks. Anyway, may we see your program also?

hock3y
June 25, 2005, 10:36 pm
Can you make it so that your settings are saved even after you close the program, so that when you restart the program again next time the settings are the same?

Most of the settings seem to save except for the send a message every X seconds, the checkbox is always unchecked when I start the program back up. It would be great if you could fix that.

KeFear
June 25, 2005, 11:12 pm
Yeah, i noticed that bug.. thanks for reporting, i will fix that (actually i'm gonna rewrite that part, so more lines can be added for auto say).

Unfortunately, i've encountered some problems.. i must have changed something, so now the TimeLimit is displayed incorrectly.. yet, i have no idea why :(

I'm working on to be able to resize the "inside" desing of the app, i mean the playerlist and the memo size. (now if you resize the window, the playerlist size changes)

Also, i'm trying to implement scripting, but i'm not good in writing parsers :) So it will be very basic, with not so much features (yet).

I already implemented some new features, like some new commands and named bans. Check back later when i'm ready with these :)

Last, but not least, i want to add tab support to monitor more than one servers with the same instance. I have it on my mind, i just have to sit and write it :)

I will be on vacation from 06.04. so don't expect it so soon...

dabookshah
June 26, 2005, 4:47 am
scripting.....lol why bother writing you own.....I don't know how you are doing yours, but I think if i ever do that I'll just do what Rusty did with SARJ - Download a free scripting library. Maybe there is something similar you could use?

KeFear
June 29, 2005, 12:40 am
Okay, i'm releasing the last beta before the first "real" version, so it's time to test v0.9.9b!

A short changes list (since last release):

-added named ban support
-added command /banname [player]
-added command /unbanname [player]
-added command /setteamall [number]
-added resizeable Player list / Message Box
-added player command !rate
-added player command !version
-added multiple lines to automatic server message
-added tabbed multi server support
-modified resize method
-modified automatic server message
-modified main icon
-fixed auto say function state not saved

The multiple server support is not complete. You can't name the new servers and they are not saved. This (and also the favorite servers' storing method) will change.
The multi-line automatic server message has some known bugs, which will be removed in the next release.
There may be bugs. So test it please. Any comment is welcome :)

Download it from here: http://legalize.hu/laki/soldat/arsse.zip

Hope you like it :)

AWH_ReApEr
June 29, 2005, 5:12 am
Oh, wow. This is the most pleasing release yet. God, I can't wait for the first non-beta version!

If I find any bugs, you'll know.

[EDIT]
/setteamall only works when... hmmm, how do I explain this..

Okay, let's say you're running two servers. Server1 and Server2. You have both of them open in tabs in ARSSE. Let's say that you're playing in Server1. You have Server2 currently open in a tab in ARSSE. You can't do /setteamall because that tab isn't currently open in ARSSE, Server2's tab is open.

Ugh, I hope I explained that well enough to comprehend.
[/EDIT]

KeFear
June 30, 2005, 12:30 am
Uh, yeah. I will fix that. Thanks for reporting ;)

EDIT: fixed. please re-download :]

ramirez
June 30, 2005, 12:03 pm
Looks very nice. I'll download it and let you tell if I find any bugs. :D
Also, what is that skin you use (the one on the image in first post)? :P

Yukwunhang
June 30, 2005, 2:09 pm
Maybe you should add an option that add a bot to slot 2 automatically and set it to spectator to prevent the crazy mute bug...:)

KeFear
June 30, 2005, 2:27 pm
yes, i thought about that. i will do something about that.

it hass been on my to-do list for a while :)

ramirez
June 30, 2005, 4:33 pm
Don't do that.
The server has a bug (well, bug or not) which makes the other players to receive access violations if a bot is spectating. This is the cause of a lot of people getting 'random access violations' at same time servers.

KeFear
June 30, 2005, 5:31 pm
It won't be automatic, just a command.

Anyways, i uploaded the latest version, labeled as version 1.0b
It's still a beta, so test it :] There may be bugs.
Not really much changes, but the tabs are now usable, they can be renamed, etc.
Plus, favourite servers can be managed from now on, but they are stored in an ini file instead of plaintext. Please re-add them.

Re-download if you wish.

thelizno
June 30, 2005, 6:09 pm
Love ARSSE. I use it all the time!
There's afew stuffs i'd like to see "fixed"..

** There seems to be a bug in the 'settings'-window. Whatever message it's suppose to spam every (on our server 900s) is not there. It still works fine thou.. but if u want to edit it or something, you have to rewrite the damn thing.
** In the 'statusarea' to the right you find map timelimit timeleft etcs.. how about adding "Next map".. doesn't have to be on a new line.. something like this? | Map: MrSnowman (Arena2), where Arena2 is the next map. Just a suggestion.. I'd love to see this happen.. /nextmap feels a little random as we change mapcycle a whole lot.
** One thing Im kindof not fond of is the autoscrolling in the 'serverwindow'. I tend to scroll back every once in a while to remove a ban (or something else) that wasn't suppose to be. (Could be saving a quote or something else aswell.) Right now.. while you scroll back, any message to it will scroll it to the bottom. Which sucks. It'd be cool if something could be done about that. Maybe a setting "autoscroll" or something. or just a [X] button beside it on the mainpage.

Just a little thoughts. Again love your work. Keep developing! :)

KeFear
June 30, 2005, 6:43 pm
Thanks ;)

Are you using the latest version? Download it again from the link, I think i fixed that bug + added multiple lines.

Unfortunately there is no way to tell the next map :\ Maybe MM implements to show the mapslist of the server in the next version...

Ok, i will add an option not to scroll.

*about 1.0b, i re-uploaded it, it had some major bugs, but thats fixed now.

EDIT: hmm.. i checked, and it seems the auto-message disappears on connect... strange, i will fix that.

thelizno
June 30, 2005, 6:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeFear
Are you using the latest version? Download it again from the link, I think i fixed that bug + added multiple lines.

hmmm ok. *scratch*
yeah, it works fine now :))

quote:Unfortunately there is no way to tell the next map :\ Maybe MM implements to show the mapslist of the server in the next version...

is it really that hard? hmmz..
lets say you copy the mapcycle from the server.
in the same path.. you could just read from it.
hmm, you wouldn't even have to copy it.
just a path to where the current maplist is.

there is a "maplist.txt" in the dir, but i assume it got nothing to do with this.

KeFear
June 30, 2005, 7:02 pm
well, yes, if you run your server and arsse from the same computer, it would be very easy. but usually this is not the case..

If you copy the mapslist.txt from the server, this would work also. Okay, i will try add this feature also.

Hmm.. or even, i may add some features for updating the mapslist.txt and other server related settings on the server (via ftp)

Note: The maplist.txt in the dir is the default maps for soldat. It is used in the Change map command (when you use the Command Box, it will show you the default maps). You can add maps to this file, so map change will be sooo easy :)

thelizno
June 30, 2005, 7:32 pm
well yes. but if i got it on a remote server.. i could still share it http://mydns/soldat/mapcycle.txt

KeFear
July 1, 2005, 12:42 am
Ok, i fixed that strange text dissappear bug of the auto server message...

I also changed the first post with up-to date information.

EDIT: also fixed some other things, + added option to stop scrolling.

thelizno
July 1, 2005, 6:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by KeFearOk, i fixed that strange text dissappear bug of the auto server message...

I also changed the first post with up-to date information.

EDIT: also fixed some other things, + added option to stop scrolling.

thanks. it works perfectly. :))
also.. i am full of ideas.. you want more work? ;)

KeFear
July 1, 2005, 6:16 pm
of course. suggestions are always welcome :)
i still have a lot of ideas

AWH_ReApEr
July 2, 2005, 12:00 am
When I switch between tabs, the bottom pane goes nuts. I know no other way to explain it. Just try it.

[EDIT]
Okay, it seems that it's re-rendering all the text when you switch tabs. If there's already a lot of stuff there, this can take a long time. ;x
[/EDIT]

KeFear
July 2, 2005, 12:10 am
Yes, i know it, and i'm working on it. thanks for reporting anyway ;)

EDIT: Hopefuly it is fixed now.. :)

AWH_ReApEr
July 2, 2005, 5:06 am
*Redownloads*

Looks to be fixed. Thanks a bunch. ;D

thelizno
July 2, 2005, 12:28 pm
I've set up on our server that it is not allowed to be called 'Soldier'.
(Basicly all 'Soldier's are utter noobs, and they can get training somewhere else!)
The nickname is banned. How does ARSSE handle this..

(13:12:15) Soldier joining game (*.*.*.*:3061)
(13:12:15) Soldier has joined alpha team.
(13:12:16) /kick Soldier
(13:12:16) Soldier has been kicked.
(13:12:16) /banip *.*.*.*
(13:12:16) IP number *.*.*.* banned

So it adds an IPban to this? I'd wouldn't mind them comming back with a new name..

KeFear
July 2, 2005, 1:45 pm
well, yes. i should remove banninng their ip.

will fix that

EDIT: fixed
EDIT2: added basic script support. Check readme and examples.

Deleted User
July 3, 2005, 8:55 am
Kefear this is the best admin app out there, thx for makin it.

AWH_ReApEr
July 4, 2005, 2:35 am
Do ya think you could implement some sort of admin request feature? Like, when someone types !admin in-game, it makes the window open up or something. If you implement something like that, it should be an option, because people might abuse it, or admins might not want to use it.

KeFear
July 4, 2005, 6:47 am
Yes, that will be in it. I deffinately want an !admin command, and i thought it just like the way you described. In the next release ;)

AWH_ReApEr
July 4, 2005, 7:28 am
Awesome! Love ya, bud ;p

thelizno
July 4, 2005, 3:01 pm
i was thinking the other day..
this might be a pretty large leap. but like to v5 or something? ;)

as we are running stats on our server, it would be a neat addition to the adminprogram to "register" nicknames.. so that noone could fakenick in my name. or someone elses for that sake. you could add yourself to this possibly in the console or something (!regme). and it would add <nickname>:<ip> .. or maybe ip with wildcards the last two? 81.200.*.* so noone else could hop on with that name.
if this was, the stats would be correct. (i've seen some of my 'buds' fakenick in my name allready. i should ban them i suppose.)

is this at all possible? .. if it is, you could add +a flags to it perhaps
so that when they hop on, wouldnt have to /adminlog <password> for adminaccess.

Edit: Making this a little bit easier to read.

AWH_ReApEr
July 4, 2005, 11:00 pm
EnEsCe has already made a Nickname Registration Service. Maybe that's what you're looking for.

AWH_ReApEr
July 5, 2005, 5:53 am
Maybe, in the future, it could be integrated into ARSSE. First, though, I'd like to see some more advanced scripting available. ^.^

kingbob
July 5, 2005, 8:21 am
could you make a feature that lets you have the ip banned in a file, because it is very easy to get around a server ip ban even if they have a static ip. Just something that can check ip's against a banned list stored with the program.

Deleted User
July 6, 2005, 12:11 pm
umm why is this good?

"
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /laki/soldat/arsse.zip on this server.
"

kingbob
July 7, 2005, 9:25 am
i have an error when switching between servers, it says "RichEdit line insertion error" and won't show a large chunk of text that should be there

AWH_ReApEr
July 10, 2005, 8:51 am
I'm getting lots of "List index out of bounds (random number)" errors.

KeFear
July 13, 2005, 8:38 pm
Uh, i'm back. Hmm. could you be more specific about those error messages? What did you do when the happend? I will try to fix them..

I will fix the download link also..

[EDIT]
Link fixed. new download link:
http://soldat.hu/downloads/arsse.zip

quote:Originally posted by thelizno
it would be a neat addition to the adminprogram to "register" nicknames..

Nice idea, and yeah, maybe i add it. It is not hard to implement, and i think if i make something like NickServ on some IRC servers, it won't be a big security problem. I could add the auto-admin feature as well after login. But if you don't mind, it won't be in the next release :]

quote:Originally posted by kingbobcould you make a feature that lets you have the ip banned in a file, because it is very easy to get around a server ip ban even if they have a static ip. Just something that can check ip's against a banned list stored with the program.

Err... i don't really got what you mean.. please be more clear :]

To those who had problems: Please, if you can, post some screens about the error messages and maybe describe what and how happened. So i can solve those problems. I guess these happened when arsse was running for a long time.

[/EDIT]

AWH_ReApEr
July 14, 2005, 4:48 am
YAY! I almost thought the project died. ;(

Okay, for the List endex errors, it only happens after ARSSE has been running for a long time and I switch tabs. The number after the error seems to increast with time. I think it's trying to tell me that there are too many lines of text in the message box, but then it continues working regardless.

I'm extremely happy to see the project alive again! =D!

KeFear
July 14, 2005, 10:29 am
The project didn't die, i was on a vacation in greece with my girlfriend :] But now i'm back!
Yeah, i thought that the vast ammount of message-data was the source of the problem, i will try to do something with it :]

EDIT:
Well, i tried to re-generate your problems, but couldn't. I'll try it again later, but now i'm not at home.
Anyway, expect v1.1 soon with IRC Bot support!

hock3y
July 19, 2005, 3:54 am
Hey I just got back from vacation recently too, and I just grabbed the new version of the program (seems like you did a lot while I was gone, I had version 0.9.4b before). But anyway the new features are great, and good job on fixing the error that it wouldn't save some of the settings. Can't wait for future releases, keep up the good work.

AWH_ReApEr
July 20, 2005, 5:25 am
I just got done setting up an IRC channel. I normally hate IRC, but look forward to Bot Support! ^.^

thelizno
July 23, 2005, 1:33 am
quote:Originally posted by KeFearThe project didn't die, i was on a vacation in greece with my girlfriend :] But now i'm back!
Yeah, i thought that the vast ammount of message-data was the source of the problem, i will try to do something with it :]

EDIT:
Well, i tried to re-generate your problems, but couldn't. I'll try it again later, but now i'm not at home.
Anyway, expect v1.1 soon with IRC Bot support!

IRC Bot <--- misa like!
However, what kind of bot are you writing.
1; one that would echo stuff to channels, 2; one to administrate the server or 3; one to simple just log stats & chat (you know. stuff).

AWH_ReApEr
July 23, 2005, 8:13 am
By the way, will the IRC bot support multiple servers? Because, now, I own 3 servers to admin. o.o;

KeFear
July 23, 2005, 8:44 pm
Ok, i'm back from a 5-days festival, so i can work on the project again. (well, a bit later, i'm staying at my girlfriend for a couple of days)

Anyways, here's the answer for all your questions:

-The IRC Bot will support multiple servers (it already does actually, it can connect/disconnect to any open tab already)
-It will be a bot that can echo stuff to channels, administrate servers (all) + log stuff (which is partly done by ARSSE already, as it saves the server log)
-And maybe i will add a limited IRC-admin function which will enable you to add moderators, admins, etc who will have limited access to the servers.

Don't know when to expect it, during the summer i suppose. I couldn't find a solution yet to the "List index out of bounds (random number)" and similar errors as i couldn't reproduce them yet.

hock3y
July 25, 2005, 5:43 pm
Ok, you know how the autosay feature stays checked now? Well it stays checked, but it doesnt really work, when I start the program back up I need to uncheck/recheck it. Also in the new version it doesnt seem to remember the password, so I have to type it in.

KeFear
July 25, 2005, 5:54 pm
Hmm.. i'm sure the password is saved, but i will check on that auto-say feature... tomorrow as i go home only tomorrow...

EDIT: hmm.. yes, it seems it doesn't save the password (only if you add the server to the favourite servers) (only if you change tabs) - fixed, will be up soon.

EDIT2: Ok, i fixed a lot of bugs today, i will upload the new version soon. It has an IRC Bot built in, but it can't do anything yet (only a few commands are available). If you don't mind it is there, i will upload it, and you can the use the hopefully bug-free ARSSE ;)

EDIT3: Check the first post, i uploaded the new sh!t. Download and enjoy. And don't forget to post any comments, especially bugs! :]
I also uploaded the readme for those of you don't want to risk downloading: [URL]
After reading i hope you will :)

hock3y
July 27, 2005, 12:56 am
Ok thanks, I can't offer any comments on the IRC bot (haven't used it yet, not sure if I even will lol). But the save password works now, I'll let you know about the auto-say feature in a little while. I also wanted to suggest a new feature, you know how you have the total kills and total deaths for the game, I was wondering if you could also keep track of how many total kills and death while the server has been running (of all the games so far). It would be a cool feature, but maybe figure out a different place to put it, so you don't clutter up the GUI, I don't know.

Okay a few bug reports.

If you type !rate in game and you have 5 kills and 0 deaths, its always 0.00, no matter how many kills you get, if you have 0 deaths, it comes up as 0.00. Also, how exactly is it calculated. Is it K:D or P:D?

Also if you type !time in game, there is no space between is and the time. Ex. The time is20:17:20 (Also do you think you could have a feature to show it in 12 hour or 24 hour format).

I'll let you know if I find anything else, just playing around with it now.

KeFear
July 27, 2005, 1:07 am
Hmm.. yeah, nice idea, maybe i will put it in :) along with total running time or something. Maybe i make a new statistics window for these things. The gui is a bit cluttered already :)

Oh and the IRC bot has several flaws, so use it with care if you will :)

Oh, yes. It will be 0:00 if you don't have any death, since it will try to divide 5 by 0 which is impossible. And it is Points and Deaths rate actually. Unless MM seperates kills and points it will stay that way. :|
I will fix that bug with !time. Thanks for reporting. I will add an option to display in 12/24h format later if you wish.

EDIT:
ok, re-download, the time bug is hopefuly fixed.
I also changed the !rate command. it will now show your points and deaths too.

hock3y
July 27, 2005, 1:28 am
Ok, I hope I don't sound like I'm pointing out every little thing, thanks for fixing those errors I'll download the new version soon. I've got an idea to fix the P:D issue when you type rate, can't you just make a second variable for calculating the deaths and just put that: If its 0, make it 1, else leave the number how it is. So then it won't screw up the console display, and you will get a good rating.

thelizno
July 27, 2005, 4:04 pm
nice progress. :))
however. our channel is located on undernet. could u add an auth for it?
looks like this.

/msg x@channels.undernet.org login <nickname> <password>
/raw privmsg x@channels.undernet.org :login <nickname> <password>

(or this is what it looks like on my mirc ;)

Edit:
Also thought of something else. 'Alternative' nickname..

Edit2:
As a matter of fact. I can't even connect to undernet. Does it have a filter or something? ;)

KeFear
July 27, 2005, 4:27 pm
Okay, will add that. Just post your ideas on more networks and auths if you can think any.
I will add alternative nickname too, the IRC Bot gui layout will change, i just don't know yet how to arrange all the settings :) maybe i add a settings dialog to that too.

EDIT: no, no filter to undernet.. try to reconnect.. someone said he couldn't connect to quakenet either (try not to use a channel with key, as it can't handle that yet..........)

Deleted User
July 27, 2005, 10:24 pm
Pretty nice, but could you please make a section where you can disable some of those commands, like !test or !time etc. so u can choose which ones won't work in the server.

KeFear
July 28, 2005, 1:36 am
sure. maybe it will be available to add custom ingame commands too. not sure about that tho...

thelizno
July 28, 2005, 8:29 am
Works fine on quakenet.
!servers
1: Server1 - <localip>:23073 | state: connected
2: Server2 - <localip>:23074 | state: disconnected

# i think you should be able to rename your favorite servers ..
# also, it'd be cool if it added some more info to that. maybe players/maxplayers. and possibly gamemode?
it could look something like this.
1: My CTF Server - workslikeacharm.bazooka.net:23073 | state: connected - mode: ctf - players: 5/8

now that i think of it. could be cool with map there aswell. :)

KeFear
July 28, 2005, 9:15 am
well, i can tell you that you CAN rename the servers. Try right-clicking on the tabs. You can also save the new favourite server data by Manage Favourites -> Update Data

You can also do this from IRC -> !rename <servernum> <new server name>
There are a few other commands which are currently hidden because of some major bugs that freeze the irc bot

I will add the additional info to !servers

thelizno
July 28, 2005, 9:56 am
quote:Originally posted by KeFearwell, i can tell you that you CAN rename the servers. Try right-clicking on the tabs. You can also save the new favourite server data by Manage Favourites -> Update Data

You can also do this from IRC -> !rename <servernum> <new server name>
There are a few other commands which are currently hidden because of some major bugs that freeze the irc bot

I will add the additional info to !servers

woho! :) that was to obvious.
they say human errors is the most frequent reason for problems.

KeFear
July 28, 2005, 10:15 am
Yeah, ;) but the irc commands are not yet documented.
I changed the !servers as you adviced, also changed the normal Admin Client to display maxplayers like: Players: 5/10

I will upload it later if there are any new changes :]

Also, i recently had problems connecting to quakenet while other servers worked fine. I suppose this is a server-side "problem".

thelizno
July 28, 2005, 10:34 am
quote:Originally posted by KeFearYeah, ;) but the irc commands are not yet documented.
I changed the !servers as you adviced, also changed the normal Admin Client to display maxplayers like: Players: 5/10

I will upload it later if there are any new changes :]

Also, i recently had problems connecting to quakenet while other servers worked fine. I suppose this is a server-side "problem".

yeah. i got [Not responding] on my arsse.
could it be true that:
IRC Console-window is only written to once connected?
.. cus i don't seem to get 'could not connect'-messages
(which is highly likely on undernet. "too many connections from host". i require lite 4-5 connections sometimes.. :)

KeFear
July 29, 2005, 9:02 pm
Small, mainly cosmetic update, but has some nice updates also (mostly IRC related)
re-download if you wish. Not many bugfixes yet tho...

Leo
July 30, 2005, 12:14 am
I think something is broken ? Commands !rate and !admin don't do anything.

AWH_ReApEr
July 30, 2005, 2:19 am
Yeah, none of the in-game commands are working anymore.

Also, I think you should do something about the IRC command "!kill" since anyone in the channel can kill the bot.

[EDIT]
Errr...

[IMAGE]

I opened it back up to check out what was going on and that's what I got.
[/EDIT]

[EDIT2]
I'm getting "Connection closed gracefully" errors every time I close ARSSE and they wont go away. I have to end the process manually for them to stop.
[/EDIT2]

KeFear
July 30, 2005, 8:52 am
Uhm, i forgot to mention that i added a new setting - enable in-game commands. This is by default checked, but if you updated, this may remain unchecked, resulting in an "error" that none of the commands work. So please go to Settings and check enable in-game commands.

Yes, the IRC commands can be used by anyone at the moment, i will add owners list.

I got once that error on the screenshot, i will look after it.

EDIT:
Try to download it again, i hope the refresh-bug is solved now.
I think it was the anti-freeze that i added...

Leo
July 30, 2005, 9:26 am
Yes it was unchecked. It works now, thanks.

KeFear
August 2, 2005, 3:09 am
Uh, i want you to know, that i'm working on the project, so be patient :)
actually i'm working on events to add!

This is a small snapshot from the next version:
[IMAGE]

I hope you all get excited :]
Scripting is a bit improved, but don't expect a full scripting language or something, as i'm writing the parser myself. Currently "if" is handled, but you can do nice things with that already. For example custom ingame commands ;) Or even you can overwrite the in-game commands (by disabling the original ones in Settings and enabling the OnPlayerSpeak event)

This will be released when all the events are done + i want to improve IRC support a bit.

What do you think?

AWH_ReApEr
August 2, 2005, 6:21 am
That's exactly what I was waiting for! Keep it up, this is certainly shaping up to be the best admin client out there. <3

KeFear
August 2, 2005, 1:14 pm
I think i finished the Events section (well, it is not that user friendly yet, but works nice ;)
So if you wish to test it, come to [URL], or contact me on msn: hlaki@freemail.hu

EDIT: Well, i just finished the built-in script editor, so you all can be happeeh
preview:
[IMAGE]
EDIT2: yay, scripting can do a lot of things now, i moved all ingame commands to script, and script echos server messages to IRC. more to come :] if you want to test this, contact me ;)

thelizno
August 3, 2005, 9:55 pm
this looks awesome.. o_O
however im leaving for Stockholm tomorrow morning, so I won't be home for the rest of the week to try this out.
make sure it's finished by the time i get home! ;)

thelizno
August 4, 2005, 12:05 am
it appears to me as "automaticly scroll to the end of message box" does not apply to the irc-box?

KeFear
August 4, 2005, 11:42 am
Yeah, that's true. nothing applies to the irc-box yet. :
EDIT:
fast update:
http://soldat.hu/arsse/update.zip

compatible with 1.3
No feedback yet. Included scripting, example scripts, so if you want to write scripts, you have to figure it out by yourself. Make sure you load the two script included in the zip to make ingame commands work (OnPlayerSay.txt) and echo to IRC (OnData.txt)
maplist.txt updated with new maps

More update will come later.

AWH_ReApEr
August 6, 2005, 6:31 am
KeFear, I love you.

However, my commands are not working again. I'm sure it's some setting I'm missing. I checked the OnPlayerSpeak event, but no go.

Also, one thing that's been bugging me a while: the quick keys don't work when Caps is on. ;o

kingbob
August 6, 2005, 11:09 am
simple fix: turn off caps

Leo
August 6, 2005, 11:26 am
Can you make it so that $SERVER_NAME actually shows the name of the server and not Server1 ?

KeFear
August 6, 2005, 6:37 pm
Reaper: what commands aren't working? in-game commands? They have been moved to OnPlayerSpeak event, the file is in script/OnPlayerSpeak.txt make sure you load that in the events.
Also, you must turn off caps to make the fast hotkeys work.

Leo: the $SERVER_NAME is the name you give to the server on the tab. You can change it by right-clicking on it and then clicking Rename Server. You can save that name to the favourites also by clicking Manage Favourites then if you already added the server -> Update Server Data, if you didn't add the server yet, click Add Server.

Leo
August 6, 2005, 8:30 pm
Thanks KeFear, didn't know that :)

hock3y
August 8, 2005, 1:40 am
Hey I love the scripting, but the old version was working fine with 1.3 (well it seemed to be xD). Still want to suggest a total running time/total points for the WHOLE time is been connected. Also is there a way to make a script for a 1v1 server, rotating players who waited the longest as spec's into
the match, winner stays on. Or is the scripting not advanced enough yet?

KeFear
August 8, 2005, 2:20 am
Scripting isn't advanced enough yet, that's why there is no support for it.
The old version works with 1.3 ofcourse, but the new update has 1.3 commands integrated ;) And the newest has team chat handled etc etc (which isn't uploaded yet)

hock3y
August 8, 2005, 2:24 am
Ohh, I got ya. Keep up the good work dude

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 3:47 am
shouldnt this be stickied? seems stickworthy 2 me

AWH_ReApEr
August 9, 2005, 3:36 am
I know caps has to be off for the quick keys to work, I was just saying it because when I have caps on for when I'm... upset, I have to turn it on and off. Not a big deal, just nit-picking.

quote:Originally posted by Psychoshouldnt this be stickied? seems stickworthy 2 me

Agreed.

kingbob
August 9, 2005, 4:14 am
i've noticed that when you run multiple servers on it, it starts to become rather laggy and sometimes won't respond. I have to watch 6 servers at once so this can become a problem.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 10:19 am
quote:Originally posted by AWH_ReApErquote:Originally posted by Psychoshouldnt this be stickied? seems stickworthy 2 me

Agreed.

K, done.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 12:40 pm
way too many stickies in here

thelizno
August 9, 2005, 1:34 pm
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeway too many stickies in here

stick to the topic, please.

KeFear
August 9, 2005, 3:23 pm
please re-download the update (http://soldat.hu/arsse/update.zip) it had some bug with scripting (when multiple servers were open, scripts sent data to the selected server only)

by the way, thanks for the sticky ;)

oh, and hotkeys now work with caps lock on.

Deleted User
August 10, 2005, 5:26 pm
Everything looks good to me aside from the ingame command, !rate. That particular one doesn't seem to work for my server.

KeFear
August 11, 2005, 11:08 pm
Hmm.. really? dunno, did you change it or something? all the other ingame commands work?

Deleted User
August 12, 2005, 2:15 am
Yup, just not !rate. Not a big deal though, I just like it all around because its a good admin. !rate isn't one of my biggest concerns.

AWH_ReApEr
August 12, 2005, 3:35 am
Would you mind posting the contents of your OnPlayerSpeak file?

hock3y
August 12, 2005, 6:54 pm
Hey, when calculating the average ping, do you think you can null bots in that calculation?

KeFear
August 13, 2005, 9:23 pm
sure. i will not count bots in avarage ping/ players on server.

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 8:35 pm
Can you nest if then statments in the scripts?

KeFear
August 14, 2005, 8:42 pm
What do you mean "nest"?
there is if then statement in the scripts, tho, there isn't any documentation yet..

you have to use it like this:
[code]
if $VARIABLE = statement
(..commands here..)
endif
[/code]
you must use it exactly this way, for example
if $VARIABLE = statement (..commands...) endif

won't work.

Deleted User
August 14, 2005, 8:52 pm
What I mean is:
can I put another ifthen into the ifthen?

I.E
if $MESSAGE = !NEXTMAP
if $PLAYER_NAME = Zamorak
nextmap
endif

KeFear
August 14, 2005, 9:37 pm
sure you can. just like you wrote it above.

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 1:16 am
It won't work using that format that i posted.

dabookshah
August 15, 2005, 2:19 am
my scripting = better. Try msat.......please:(

AWH_ReApEr
August 15, 2005, 2:44 am
Your scripting capabilities might be better, but much of it is disfuncional based on what I've read.

Plus, it's JAVA. That, in my opinion, is a downside. ARSSE is definitely the best admin client I've used so far, but I'll download yours right now and check it out.

/*
--EDIT--
By the way, KeFear, I kinda finished it for you if you wanna take a looksie. I'm eventually going to make a new banner and everything, but it'll work for now. ;p
*/

dabookshah
August 15, 2005, 2:53 am
Um Java is good. (Please refrain from swearing) whoever said that. Dont download it yet theres a broken trial version up at the moment.

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 3:32 am
Java is sluggish.

AWH_ReApEr
August 15, 2005, 3:36 am
I believe your attitude might scare people away from your client. I said that was my opinion, there was no reason to attack me.

<OPINION>
'sides, I just used your client and dislike it. I suggest making an interface to change the servers rather than having people type all that information into the settings file. Also, having multiple windows for the same program is confusing and not at all user-friendly.
</OPINION>

Sheesh...

/*
--EDIT--
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeJava is sluggish.
Forgot to mention that as well.
*/

KeFear
August 15, 2005, 11:38 am
ReApEr, yay, it's cool ;) i updated the first post with the link.
http://www.clan-awh.com/arsse

Also, the new version will be out soon. I decided i won't mess writing a parser, it's just a waste of time, i will use some free scripting libraries instead with full funcionality.

Deleted User
August 15, 2005, 12:39 pm
dabookshah and AWH ReApEr: This is not the place to discuss whos application is better. If you really want to argue about it, take it to PM. I'm sure those who run servers are smart enough to choose between the admin programs and find their own favourite.

AWH_ReApEr
August 15, 2005, 8:47 pm
Yeah, sorry about that. I just felt it was unnecessary for him to come into ARSSE's thread and claim his has better scripting capabilities. Then, for defending ARSSE, I was attacked. I took it a bit far, maybe, but he asked for it. My bad, I'm sorry.

Anyway, KeFear, that's probably a good idea. It'd save you a lot of work and time.

KeFear
August 15, 2005, 9:09 pm
Well, not exactly, i have to figure out these damn components first ;) But i think i found the one i will use.

kingbob
August 16, 2005, 7:27 am
both this and msat have their advantages and disadvantages. For 2 or 3 servers this works really well and has a lot of good options. But MSAT is much more stable with a large number of servers

Deleted User
August 18, 2005, 9:33 am
Sorry, but download / update links in 1st post don't work - 404.

thelizno
August 18, 2005, 2:21 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ven0mSorry, but download / update links in 1st post don't work - 404.

same here :s

KeFear
August 18, 2005, 3:29 pm
yeah, link fixed. the server admin changed some things and now soldat.hu doesn't work, only www.soldat.hu

Thanks for noticing i will tell him to fix that.

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 9:31 am
I've just tried ARSSE and it rocks. Good job :)
I miss scripting a bit - you can do "something" with it, but if it has more possibilites, like running apps and using U13SSS statistics... Maybe it has but we really miss docs.

It's the best admining program I've used so far, I'm wainting for next releases with anticipation.
// small edit //
Unlike other admin programs I tried, it hasn't hang even once for me.

Leo
August 19, 2005, 8:56 pm
How I can make it so that when I want to see some older events I don't have to disconnect first ? Now it's always going automatically to the end of the events so that I do not have time to check what has happened a few minutes before.

KeFear
August 19, 2005, 9:04 pm
Leo: Yeah, that's a little bug right now. But to solve your problem untill it's truly solved, do this:
Go to settings, and disable automatically scroll to the end of message box. then make sure the message box doesn't have the focus (click on the command box for example), then use the scrollbar to scroll to the event you wish to see. Unless you click on the message box it will stay there. Sorry for the inconvience :S

Ven0m: thanks for the positive comments, i'm improving ARSSE every day if i have some free time, i'm working on scripting hard right now (that's why there weren't any new releases since the last update). I will add a function to execute a program if you would use that.
There will be a full documentation with the next release. (the last was only a fast update that's why it lacks documentation)

Leo
August 19, 2005, 9:11 pm
Wow KeFear, you're fast! Thanks :)

AWH_ReApEr
August 20, 2005, 7:40 am
Okay, the site's finally done.

Here's a temporary URL:
www.clan-awh.com/arsse/index.html

This one will be working soon:
www.arsse.clan-awh.com

Hoorah.

/*
--EDIT--

By the way, Sniph made all the graphics except the banner. Props to him for graphics and CSS coding.
*/

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 10:46 am
KeFear - cool :D
That external program thing - if it could exectute it with some params and read files / returned results in other way it would rock. Why do I ask for it? I'm a programmer, so basically such feature would give unlimited possibilites. For example guy says !stats. Now external program is run, connects to local database (powered by U13SSS for example), gets data for user and returns them. ARSSE reads returned data and displays :D Similiar with stuff like "top10", admin notifications and just everything else, as everything should be possible. I might even get SMS if one of players in specific group reports server problems :D

Of course that's just and idea...

KeFear
August 20, 2005, 12:36 pm
Uhm.. how would that be possible to read an external program's returned results? It would be a bit hard for me to code it at the moment. :S
But the possibilities you described would be cool as well.. i can make it to execute an external app with specified parameters, but that's all - at least for a time.

Deleted User
August 20, 2005, 3:52 pm
Say maybe to give as param name of/path to text file that would contain return data in form:
$VARIABLE = something
$VARIABLE2 = some other stuff

And that data would be read after program exit... Or programs would work as dlls... It could also read data from standard output, like several consol programs do.
Basically I can see lots of possibilites, like ranking access, welcome messages etc.

Of course if that would require too much work, you must have something better to do. Sorry if I'm pushy...

// edit //
One, VERY important thing - could you remove server shutdown keyboard shortcut? When I wnat to write "/say ..." and chat line is not selected, server is dead - happened to me like 4 times today.

Leo
August 21, 2005, 11:12 pm
Something else I would like to ask. I noticed that I can't see at server console the message when someone is getting ping kicked or when I kick or ban someone. Is this a bug with the 1.3 server or ARSSE ?

KeFear
August 21, 2005, 11:26 pm
WEll, if you can't see that it must be a server-side problem.. i never noticed that, it displays for me if someone gets kicked - any kind of kick or ban.

Oh, and i removed the shutdown hotkey.

FlAsH
September 25, 2005, 5:07 pm
Hi, I'm new here, and my english is very bad, but I musst now, how many players are connected in the game?
like this: $connectedplayers.
Can you help me?

FlAsH
September 28, 2005, 11:33 am
Hi again, if have found following bugs:
The command Line Label is not at the correct position.
If I connect to the IRC and the connecting failed, then is the button named "disconnect" but I'am not connected ..

Else ... good work, very good work =)
but with a XP Stile it looks better, its only a tip.
Thank you very much for this programm ^^

hock3y
September 29, 2005, 12:31 am
Is the one scripting bug going to be fixed where it doesn't work when the player leaves?

Leo
October 1, 2005, 10:12 am
I noticed that the pings show through the console are much less than the pings that you see if you actually join the game! Why is that ??

Deleted User
October 1, 2005, 11:15 am
quote:Originally posted by LeoI noticed that the pings show through the console are much less than the pings that you see if you actually join the game! Why is that ??

The refresh packet can only store a value from 0 to 255, any pings over 255 cannot be stored in 1 byte. Its soldat thats doing it, not ARSSE. It actually just rolls over when their ping is over 255, eg. if their ping is 271, their ping will show as 16 in the remote admin console ;)

dabookshah
October 1, 2005, 11:59 am
Eh? That explains some stuff.........

jaddy
October 6, 2005, 9:03 am
I think I'm missing something here... the scripts don't seem to work. They are checked on the Events tab and I haven't modified them. Saying !rate or !ping or whatever on the server doesn't do anything. Any ideas?

hock3y
October 8, 2005, 6:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by jaddyI think I'm missing something here... the scripts don't seem to work. They are checked on the Events tab and I haven't modified them. Saying !rate or !ping or whatever on the server doesn't do anything. Any ideas?

Some of the scripts don't work that good KeFear was supposed to make an update for them, dunno what happened to him. In order to have the ingame commands like those work, you need to have the OnPlayerSpeak event checked off, then they should work.

Leo
October 8, 2005, 8:22 pm
All commands work just fine for me. Also maybe someone would like to use these:
[code]if $MESSAGE = !spectator
/setteam5 $PLAYER_NUM
endif

if $MESSAGE = !joinA
/setteam1 $PLAYER_NUM
endif

if $MESSAGE = !joinB
/setteam2 $PLAYER_NUM
endif[/code]
They come in handy for many players :)

jaddy
October 9, 2005, 8:05 am
Okay. For some reason, the scripts started working again. The following snippet is quite useful for those of us running servers:

if $MESSAGE = ***Soldat 1.3 Hack*** by Revolution
/ban $PLAYER_NUM
endif

hock3y
October 12, 2005, 12:59 am
Has anyone gotten the on player leave event to work, it doesn't seem to work for me =/

Also thank you for that snippet jaddy, its really helpful.

jaddy
October 14, 2005, 7:23 am
It doesn't seem to work here. Just out of curiosity and if you don't mind me asking, what are you planning to do with the player-leave event?

I also have a few questions regarding ARSSE:
1. Is scripting going to be improved and extended on the next versions?
2. Are there any plans on porting ARSSE to Linux?
3. Are both developers (ARSSE's and Soldat's) working together on this?

Thanks.

Deleted User
October 14, 2005, 7:48 am
quote:Originally posted by jaddy

ROFLMAO, Ofcourse not lmao! MM is credited because this is only an edited version of the source code Michal released aaaages ago...

jaddy
October 14, 2005, 9:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by EnEsCe
ROFLMAO, Ofcourse not lmao! MM is credited because this is only an edited version of the source code Michal released aaaages ago...

What's so funny?
I don't think you got me right, or maybe I didn't phrase the question correctly. What I want to know is if both developers are in communication for this project, mostly on the aspect of adding and improving features.

hock3y
October 15, 2005, 6:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by jaddyIt doesn't seem to work here. Just out of curiosity and if you don't mind me asking, what are you planning to do with the player-leave event?

I also have a few questions regarding ARSSE:
1. Is scripting going to be improved and extended on the next versions?
2. Are there any plans on porting ARSSE to Linux?

Thanks.

Well I run a zombie server, and I want to add a zombie when a player comes to make it more difficult. Then I want to kick that zombie whenever a player quits, so that the server will always have a certain amount of zombies according to how many people are in the server. Hope you understood that.

To answer you questions: I don't know where KeFear has been, so who knows what is going on in future releases. I'm pretty sure that MM doesn't help out with this program, he stopped making the admin program so he had more free time to work on the server/game.

i am ahab
October 16, 2005, 12:00 am
quote:he stopped making the admin program so he had more free time to work on the server/game.
to be fair, there are only so many things an admin app can do. michael made one. it worked. he released the code to help others. sadly, he is a person and thus under the human rights act is allowed to do other things in his spare time.

jaddy
October 16, 2005, 9:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by hock3y
Well I run a zombie server, and I want to add a zombie when a player comes to make it more difficult. Then I want to kick that zombie whenever a player quits, so that the server will always have a certain amount of zombies according to how many people are in the server. Hope you understood that.

Right. Well, I'm as clueless as you are. Maybe when KeFear comes around he'll be able to answer these questions. The player-leave event doesn't work for me either. It would be great if KeFear made this project open-source.

mar77a
October 16, 2005, 9:41 pm
haha, Enesce seems to answer here more frequntly than you Laci.

I have a problem with the console in ARSSE. It gets the last line, one line above of what i can read, so i have to scroll up the textarea to read what's actually happening. Understood?

KeFear
October 17, 2005, 7:16 pm
Well, hello there :) I'm happy to see that people are still using my application ;)

Sadly, i don't have much freetime nowdays.. i got a job and i have to learn beside that. :(
But if anyone feels talent to complete it, i may give the source. Just ask it from me...
and yes, some of the events don't work yet :( sorry for that.

Oh, and no, i don't co-work with MM on this..

hock3y
October 18, 2005, 2:08 am
quote:Originally posted by KeFearWell, hello there :) I'm happy to see that people are still using my application ;)

Sadly, i don't have much freetime nowdays.. i got a job and i have to learn beside that. :(
But if anyone feels talent to complete it, i may give the source. Just ask it from me...
and yes, some of the events don't work yet :( sorry for that.

Oh, and no, i don't co-work with MM on this..

Yep, I understand real life takes a priority over this, I'd just like to thank you for releasing such a great admin program in the first place.

jaddy
October 18, 2005, 8:20 am
quote:Originally posted by KeFear

Are you going to post the source online for public use? Or are you thinking of inheriting it to a specific person? Either way, I'd love to get my hands on it =)

Dj-SAGI
November 6, 2005, 11:07 pm
can u make another mirror of the apps?
coz the couuret link is down!

KeFear
November 7, 2005, 8:53 am
Sure do. new mirror: www.legalize.hu/laki/arsse/

Leo
November 8, 2005, 9:50 am
Is there a way to use ARSSE for a quick nickname change ? Something like if a player types "!nick mynamehere" it will change to that name ?

KeFear
November 8, 2005, 10:13 am
That is impossible. Like the server can't change one's own nickname...

Leo
November 8, 2005, 10:22 am
Ok, thanks for the quick reply :)

KeFear
November 14, 2005, 6:42 pm
Well, i found a non-published version of ARSSE on my HDD recently, so i decided to publish it now. It has some bug-fixes i'm sure, but i can't remember what is new in it. So try it yourself ^^
If once i have some free time and in the mood for it, I will write a nice help file for it and such.
If anyone who is willing to re-write my crappy code, may contact me for the source.

Oh, and here is the url:
Link: http://soldat.hu/arsse/update2.zip
Mirror: http://legalize.hu/laki/arsse/update2.zip

I'm sure it was some developement version, that's why i didn't release it before. It may have something not working the previous version had, so use at your own risk.

Vostok 4
November 19, 2005, 2:31 am
Thanks for the server tool, it does look quite cool.

However, trying to connect to my server which is on a different box, set IP, port, pass, and when I hit connect the app hangs for about 2 minutes, then it comes back to life saying connection failed. Do you know why this happened?

KeFear
November 21, 2005, 3:11 pm
Dunno.. try the original admin tool, if it fails too, than the bug is not in arsse. did you open every needed port on the server? did you use a firewall on your system? These could cause the problem.

Deleted User
November 21, 2005, 11:04 pm
KeFear where is the UPDATE 3?

KeFear
November 26, 2005, 8:14 pm
In The Middle Of Nowhere. :S

Vostok 4
November 27, 2005, 11:21 pm
Sigh, none of the tools work for me and I really don't know what it is. They all hang for a bit then say that connection failed. I'm not blocking any outgoing traffic, don't know why its not working.

Deleted User
November 27, 2005, 11:24 pm
quote:Originally posted by Vostok 4Sigh, none of the tools work for me and I really don't know what it is. They all hang for a bit then say that connection failed. I'm not blocking any outgoing traffic, don't know why its not working.

Make sure you have the right ip and admin password.

Vostok 4
November 28, 2005, 12:26 am
Yeap, they are all set properly. It times out in exactly 20 seconds it seems.

KeFear
November 28, 2005, 6:08 pm
Are you behind NAT? or a router or something?

Vostok 4
November 28, 2005, 7:56 pm
I am behind a NAT box, its a linux box filtering/translating for me. I have not had any problems like this before, with any other application :/ I can connect to the server fine, I just can't get in with admin :(

[EDIT] Nevermind, fixed :) App works great now.

KeFear
December 10, 2005, 12:57 am
Allright, I released the new version, 1.1.6! It doesn't have many new features since the last update, but i decided to release it as an "official-pack", not just a beta update.
Sadly i can't remember the major changes i made in those updates, so these are left out from the readme. If you have any question, feel free to ask me here or via email or IRC (found in the readme, hehe)

Mr Pink
December 12, 2005, 1:36 am
Great App KeFear,

With the latest upload of ARSSE (1.6.1) however there has been a bug where if a player starts their chat with a space ARSSE goes through all the OnPlayerSpeak.txt, ignores the ?if message =? code but initiates all the other code. So essentially it runs all the code in the OnPlayerSpeak script. This means any player starting chat with a space is banned by the revolution hack part of the script (and the server gets all the other /say lines etc). I have reproduced this bug with several different players and on 3 different comps (1 with another admin using his own downloaded ARSSE). Any help/advice appreciated.

KeFear
December 12, 2005, 8:23 am
Ah yeah, thanks for noticing, it was some bug in arsse, but i fixed. download it again, please.

Deleted User
December 13, 2005, 3:06 am
Ok, ummm, I opened it up. Im using the new version of soldat server and I opened up the soldatserver.exe.
The thing added the server to the lobby and stuff ok. I open Advanced Remote ect., andI put the IP and Port it shows me on the server thing.

I put the server password in there too. I press connect, but it fails to connect? Im lost. Are they suppose to be in the same folder?

I think I had the same thing as Vostak.

KeFear
December 13, 2005, 4:35 pm
So.. you are saying the server and arsse are on the same PC, right? Try to use "localhost" for the IP to join. If that doesn't work, then there is something wrong with the server port and/or password.

Anyway, they don't have to be in the same folder

Vostok 4
December 20, 2005, 3:01 am
Holy memory leak batman. It's been running a couple of days and I'm at 260mB ram used by arsse.exe.

KeFear
December 20, 2005, 10:24 am
Uhm, i will look into this. Later tho, i don't have any freetime nowdays :S Untill than, try to restart arsse on a daily basis or something :]

mike323
December 21, 2005, 9:39 pm
Very cool KeFear...makes it much easier

BaronRobert
December 28, 2005, 3:38 pm
Hi KeFear
It's a really good program you do. It work fine with sometimes a memory problem. So this is not the subject of this post.
I dont write to send you a problem but small (detail) suggest. I download an ARSSE version today, but i dont see version number of the downloaded file. I think that a name with the program version for the archive will be fine (ARSSE_1-1-6.zip).
Thanks for your job.
Baron

Snipedmyself
December 30, 2005, 3:37 am
this is amazing. i owe you one. really. wink wink

(2 seconds later)

[IMAGE]

takes up all my cpu and is suicidally slow to responding to my people. is this because of too many playeronsay things? i made a bunch of custom ones for fun.

KeFear
December 30, 2005, 10:44 pm
Uhm, yeah, it should be the script engine, i must improve it but i need more details, like your OnSay Events to reproduce the bug first, thanks for your patience.

Leo
January 2, 2006, 7:10 am
Hmm... I often get errors like that, one after another.

[IMAGE]

Forgot, this is version 1.1.5 3b, v 1.1.6 slows down my PC way too much.

dabookshah
January 9, 2006, 9:53 pm
Anyone who is having trouble with asse, I would like to mention my project - MSAT, which I have basically finished with now(lack of interest) and is now available open-source(in java). If any-one wants to pick it up and keep going with it thats fine with me. If anyone is interested continuing it, contact me and I can give you a hand understanding the code. You can find it in the fan-apps list.

Apologies for the self-advertising, just trying to help.

Leo
January 10, 2006, 10:55 am
MSAT looks very complicated to me that's why I don't use it. I DO like one of your script though, the /balanceteams command is something that I would love to see in ARSSE. KeFear, can you make something like that ?

Snipedmyself
January 11, 2006, 2:36 am
quote:Originally posted by KeFearUhm, yeah, it should be the script engine, i must improve it but i need more details, like your OnSay Events to reproduce the bug first, thanks for your patience.

you want my onsay's?

Ken the Great
January 11, 2006, 1:35 pm
some feedback, I've made my own scripts, and they work fine as long as I make them simple enough (I'm not that good at this) but sometimes when I add a new command when a player say something another stops working... also I have noted that the chat window is bugged, if you have it to auto show the latest message it only show a black window(no text in other words) (latest msg right above the empty if you scroll up). To pick out the good things I like it because it have so many features and so. Keep the good work up.

KeFear
January 16, 2006, 11:14 am
Yeah, i know about the bugs, but now i don't have any time to work on this project, sorry.
When i pass my exams, i will re-write the whole code as soon as i can. I have all in my head now, a better scripting algorythm and everything. Hopefuly i will have enough free time to work on it.
But don't expect it so soon. :S

Ken: could you post your scripts that don't work? Maybe i could help with them.

Notkeiran
January 26, 2006, 3:55 am
Mmmm it would be cool if you could see like the names of the people in the room to the right in IRC but you can't. You think you could impliment that?

Leo
February 15, 2006, 12:06 pm
I found out that if I use this:
if team1 <> team2
IRCmsg teams!
endif
and teams are not even I get messages in irc. Now starting from that I wonder if it's possible to:
. Check if teams have a difference of 2 or more players
. If yes, take the player with the lowest score from the team with more players and move him to the team with less players.
Any ideas ?

KeFear
February 18, 2006, 11:03 am
Leo, i hope you like this new update, cos i added autobalancing just for your wish. :)
It is hard coded into ARSSE now. Test it, i hope it won't cause more memory problems...

http://m00.laughingllamas.com/data/kefear/arsse.zip
http://legalize.hu/laki/arsse/arsse.zip

Leo
February 18, 2006, 11:28 am
WOW!! Thanks, I am gonna test it and come back :)

Edit: Bad news, this version is taking more than 50% of my CPU proccess. The version I was using untill now, 1.1.5.3b never had this problem :(

KeFear
February 18, 2006, 8:30 pm
Finally i fixed that damned CPU-usage bug, so hopefuly you can all use it with large servers without any huge problem ^^.

Be sure to report any found bugs. Thank you for using it.

mike323
March 9, 2006, 1:50 am
There is a bug where when you organize the players list, then they become unorganized upon something happening below in the console.

mike323
March 15, 2006, 12:25 am
nnnevermind...dumbass me, forgot to look in the options where it says 'organize on refresh'

Deleted User
March 19, 2006, 7:13 pm
all right, well how do i work the Ip thing, becaue every time i try to connect to an IP it doent work, i try to connect to the IP of my computer, it doesnt work, i try to connect the IP of an allready existing server that i made, doesnt work, i try random IPs and it doesnt work, i also tried changing the port, all i get is connection failed ... connection failed, wtf, what am I trying to connect to, what Ip should i be trying to connect to, do i need an actuly SERVER Ip, like a mega server that people put thier webpages on? Im on a router and i think i might be behind a firewall, could this be part of the problem? i just want to use your program to make a Dedicated server ... what information do i need to make a server, ok yes, im a noob at making serves, i just need some help

KeFear
March 20, 2006, 8:24 am
if you are behind a firewall, then you have to open normal soldat server ports for ARSSE: default is 23073, if the server's port is other than that, you should open those ports too.
ARSSE only works with the dedicated server from www.soldat.pl , NOT the one built-in the game itself.

Good luck

SwiftDeath
March 21, 2006, 9:37 pm
Im Kinda A Newb When It Comes Too Makin A Server What Do I Put In THe Ip Box On ARSSE i put the ip i got from my server and it keeps saying connectiong failed over and over can somone help me with this?

Arklenao2
March 22, 2006, 4:46 am
[IMAGE]
WINE runs it better than windows! too bad the text box showie-thing dont display anything :(
Everything works perfect except for that little problem! THX for the excellent program that even has its uses on Linux.

KeFear
March 22, 2006, 4:05 pm
Arklenao2: Thank you for using it, i had no idea that it can run so smoothly with WINE :)

SwiftDeath: read the post above yours.

Mr Pink
March 30, 2006, 12:25 pm
Hi Kefear,

The latest update with the autobalance option is brilliant (y)

I notice in the script editor under variables you have several similar too $SERVERS[].PLAYERS, I've tried to incorporate these but havent had much joy. It seems that the $SERVERS[] array variables are not picking up any values, is this correct?

as an example, what i have tried is (add a Boogie Man to the server if the last player leaves):

if $SERVERS[$SERVER_NUM].PLAYERS = 0
/addbot1 Boogie Man
endif

And other variants in the onplayerspeak and onplayerleave scripts. These would give a bit more control and power in the scripts so any help or support would be much appreciated.

I have also not had much luck getting the 'else' clause working. Are you able to give the structure for this? eg
if varable = parameter
else
endif

On the same note, if '>' or '<' comparisons could be added in a future scripting update it would make for some good scripting options.

Deleted User
March 30, 2006, 12:30 pm
Add a Sleep function and a Connect/Reconnect function and your all set.

mish-ka
April 2, 2006, 6:53 pm
i got a problem, after runing it over night i estemate of 12 hours it says out of memory and then strted to show something aout a dll, but the task manages says everything was fine

Deleted User
April 10, 2006, 10:13 pm
I get the same problem. I tried using localhost for IP and all that.
in the password section, does it mean admin password or server password? I forgot how to change the admin password >_<

KeFear
April 11, 2006, 12:04 pm
Mr.Pink: unfortunatelly these variables don't work. The fact is, they don't even exists any more. It was an experimental project, and i left them in the Script Editor accidently.

I'm currently trying to find some alternative scripting method, maybe eith a free parser to make it better and more powerful.

Ensece: I added Connect on Startup and Auto-Reconnect functions in last release. What is "Sleep" supposed to do?

mish-ka, Psycho: could you give me more detail on the problem? What dll does it cry for?

Deleted User
April 11, 2006, 1:36 pm
Sleep makes the script wait for 5 or so seconds.... I requested this mostly for my server has scheduled restarts, and has to wait around 2 seconds before it starts back up, so the script would be like:
on disconnect {
sleep(5); //Sleep for 5 seconds
Reconnect;
}

Deleted User
April 11, 2006, 5:05 pm
nvm my problem is fixed (huge thanx to VzX silverflame)
my server was running on my pc, and I tried to conect to it with the dedicated server program and it failed.

then I learned that I had to use the cmd window server thingy before I could connect.

also I needed to type in the admin password for the server (I thought the password box was for the server password) its alright now, but it is sort of unclear. what I learned form silverflame I could not find in the readme or the main post, so something should me made more clear for noobs like me :P

KeFear
April 11, 2006, 5:54 pm
Enesce: ok, i will try to do it - i hope this new parser thing will be good that i found, i have to learn more about it before i start using it tho..

Psycho: there is a topic in Server Help on how to set up a dedicated server. VzX silverflame had problems with it too, i helped him in the last days. I will re-write the readme for ARSSE too as soon as i have time for it.

Ken the Great
April 18, 2006, 3:02 pm
K, I'd need some scripting help, is it possible to add wildcards to a $MESSAGE, and does it count the playername to the message, e.g. if $MESSAGE = like + cookies -> /say I like cookies too, $PLAYER_NAME -> endif (this was just a little example of course), so is there any way to make it so the $MESSAGE can read like multiple words instead of a sentence, so if $MESSAGE = like + cookies then I can say something like "Hi, I'm Ken and I like cookies!" and it will answer that?

I've tried many different ways now but it doesn't seem to work so I call for help from here..

KeFear
April 18, 2006, 3:29 pm
you can use * as a joker for multiple characters and ? for a single char.
so your example script would look like this:

if $MESSAGE = like*cookies
/say I like cookies too, $PLAYER_NAME
endif

Ken the Great
April 18, 2006, 3:53 pm
Ok, it works now after thinking a bit by myself;
if I say like "I like you more than cookies, mom" (example again..) it must be

if $MESSAGE = *like*cookies*

because there are random characters before and after the key words.. :)

ps. and another question, are the words chase sensitive, like does it answer on "COOKIES", "CooKieS" and so on too if it's "cookies" in the script? ds.

KeFear
April 18, 2006, 5:21 pm
well, it's case sensitive, so if some say COOKIES or something, than your script is in trouble.

rabidhamster
April 22, 2006, 4:41 pm
Is there any way to ignore case sensitivity? If not, you could consider implementing this in the next version.

KeFear
April 23, 2006, 7:51 am
No, there is no way to ignore the case sensitivity...
I will add a few functions to manipulate the strings in a further release.

Mothafix
April 29, 2006, 9:07 pm
I have to type !commands 2 times then it works.. Bug?

Edit: Now it even doesn't work. Even if i type it 100 000 000 times.

KeFear
April 29, 2006, 10:49 pm
make sure ... :
a, you have the script file OnPlayerSpeak.txt
b, you have it in the folder ARSSE/script/
c, you have enabled the event OnPlayerSpeak in Options/Events
d, you set script/OnPlayerSpeak.txt for the script file of OnPlayerSpeak event in Options/Events
e, you are connected to the server

Mothafix
April 30, 2006, 7:54 am
Still not workin'. :(
Weird. Once i had to type it 2 times, now if i type god knows how many times it doesn't work

Mr Pink
May 1, 2006, 3:50 am
Is the script file in its original state or have you added to it?

If you have added your own commands try removing them one at a time until you find the offending command.

If you are missing an endif or something it can stop all the commands from working correctly.

Elpram
May 18, 2006, 1:15 am
Would it be possible to add the $PLAYER_NUM variable to OnPlayerJoin?

KeFear
May 18, 2006, 8:48 am
No. The player's number is not known on join

Oosband
May 30, 2006, 8:58 pm
I don't know if this is quite possible, but I wanted to set my server up to milti-task...

I was wondering if it was posible to tell the IRC bot say "!ctf" and it would load a new soldat.ini file and a new maplist.txt file set up for ctf play. That way, I can easilly switch my server about to the game style I want to play.

Would anyone know how I could go about doing this, and if it's not possible with ARSSE, would any other programs make this possible?

Deleted User
May 31, 2006, 1:58 am
For CTF: /gamemode 3
For DM: /gamemode 0

text_killer
May 31, 2006, 9:11 am
hah! #300 post

Great program KeFear, I luv joo <3

KeFear
June 4, 2006, 7:49 pm
New version out, check first post. download links didn't change. New website by Chibi: http://arsse.fracs.net/

rabidhamster
June 4, 2006, 9:05 pm
Lo KeFear. Got a question about the ARSSE scripting engine: Can I define my own variables? I would like to make a non-spam script that would go something like this:

OnPlayerSpeak
$PLAYER_NUMwarn += 1
endif
if $PLAYER_NUMwarn > 25
/kill $PLAYER_NUM
/say $PLAYER_NAME killed for spamming.
endif
if $PLAYER_NUMwarn > 30
kick $PLAYER_NUM
/say $PLAYER_NAME kicked for excessive spamming.
endif

Every minute, this script would initiate:
1warn = 0
2warn = 0
3warn = 0
4warn = 0
5warn = 0
32warn = 0

And at the beginning of the server, this script would be run:

define 1warn
define 2warn
define 3warn
define 4warn
define 32warn
1warn = 0
2warn = 0
3warn = 0
4warn = 0
5warn = 0
32warn = 0

Thank you for your time.

KeFear
June 4, 2006, 10:22 pm
Sadly, the answer is no. ARSSE scripitng doesn't support any custom variables at all.. This is for a future release. OR if someone could write a script parsing engine for it.... :)
If i have some more free time i will try to make it better, but now i have to concentrate on finishing my school.