( search forums )
Demos
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Rocky
January 25, 2004, 4:20 am
Heya,

I'd like to know how to use Soldat's new demo fonction. I tried everything I could think of, but it didnt work. I've seen the "info.txt" notepad which contains the soldat.exe -demo name command, but I didnt know how to use it apparently since it doesnt work for me. I'm accustomed to the -(input command) command since I've used it in the past in Half-Life, but it seems it's not as easy to use with Soldat as it was with HL. Could anyone please tell me how to PLAY the demos ; recording them not being a problem.
Thank You Very Much For Your Answers.

-RPS

Subslider
January 25, 2004, 12:59 pm
This brings me to another question..

is there an way to convert the demo to an .gif or .swf file?..

Drama
January 25, 2004, 3:41 pm
i think there is when there is way to convert it into a avi, then avi (at least) can be converted into a .gif (dunno about swf)

sauron_the_deceiver
January 25, 2004, 6:49 pm
Ok, you need to record a demo. Then you have to run the demo with extract to bmps on (use Demo Player - very easy). THEN:

1) use a gif compiler (you can get them for free - search google) to compile the bmps to an animated gif.

2) open flash > file > import. Select all the files you want to be in your swf then import them. From there you can save the animation as swf.

=)

AerialAssault
January 25, 2004, 7:09 pm
u know u can just put "-RPS" in ur signature so u wont have to type it every time

NightCabbage
January 26, 2004, 2:07 am
locked.