Soldat Forums - -
Deleted User
November 30, 1999, 12:00 am

juice _ box
January 31, 2004, 9:33 pm
wtf.... say it in english please.

PET
January 31, 2004, 9:48 pm
What you didn't understand ? Maibee i can TRANSLATE in "USA" !

Koraktor
January 31, 2004, 9:56 pm
i think he just wanted to make fun of your (not so perfect) english.

a great idea...

but there have to be doors, ladders, powerups (like guns, jetpack) lying on the ground.
otherwise singleplayer would be... useless.

ps. commander keen rules!

Drama
January 31, 2004, 11:30 pm
With only 1 game developer, i think this goes to its casket. maybe in future. Get a good connection

PET
February 1, 2004, 1:27 am
YEEAA! Commander Keed really rules :) Especialy in Goodby Galaxy :)

GUNKATA
February 1, 2004, 1:42 am
I was thinking of single player too, or maybe just a campaign. You might be able to have it where you could co-op it and kill random soldiers with aks and when you reach the end of the map you transition to the next. Maybe, for a while you only get soccom then when you kill higher ranking officials you can take their weapon(s) and or grenades. Sounds like an idea to me.

?
February 1, 2004, 1:43 am
go buy an rpg if you want singleplayer

Fangus Deef
February 1, 2004, 1:45 am
CK=teh pwnzor! my first comp, b4 the whole internet thing had it, and i played it all the way! somone make a CK map!!!
yer idea=meh

Roy
February 1, 2004, 7:44 am
I think it's a good idea. The key to making this work is having a few simple, yet powerful, tools for amateur developers to use. Things like locations, events, and commands a la the StarCraft or WarCraft III world editors. And of course, moving polygons and more advanced bot commands. People would be able to make their own missions and release them into the community, Michal would only have to make the tools.

HOBBES
February 1, 2004, 10:05 am
Its a great idea!

AerialAssault
February 1, 2004, 10:35 am
perhaps....

Timonator
February 1, 2004, 11:07 am
I like this idea much... but there could also be leagues like in TimeSPlitters2!
There are several "missions" like capture 10 "Bag's" in whatsoever minutes to get Gold. When you take whatsoever+1 minutes you get silver, ...
And other things like Kill 40 Enemy's in 1 minute and so on :)

frogboy
February 1, 2004, 11:37 am
One word: No.

A more detailed explanation: Soldat is, and will be, an online game. If you want missions, play something else. Having single player would ruin Soldat's style.

PET
February 1, 2004, 8:17 pm
I didn't say to RUIN soldat style ! Soldat will remain thesame in ONLINE, i'm just saying for a Single Player game, there shall be some special things...that will be only for Single Player.

palloco
February 1, 2004, 8:32 pm
Go play zax

PET
February 1, 2004, 9:56 pm
hmm...i heard of that game but never played.

I'm just saying that Soldat cold be a good game...not only in Multiplayer ! Remember the old 2D games ? Those ware cool !

_z1g
February 2, 2004, 3:18 am
good idea but how you can do it ?
>Taddaaa....LEVEL 1 COMPLETE !
what the level ? give me i wana see it plz )

PET
February 2, 2004, 9:17 pm
there is not a level..i was just an exemple.

Slamex
February 4, 2004, 10:09 pm
I understand that soldat rocks he way it is right now, but its engine could be used to created more complex mods, including single-players, vehicles, even racing, (all of them online or not). And everybody who's got a nice idea could try and see it's not that easy to implement new things while keeping balance.

DeepII
February 4, 2004, 10:21 pm
I think it would be cool to have a singleplayer mode in Soldat! but it would be a lot of work for Michal and multiplayer isn't finished yet i think...

CidicT
February 6, 2004, 9:27 am
it would be cool all the duke stuff on single player. yeh

PET
February 7, 2004, 11:52 pm
What Michal thinks of this ?

Alamo
February 8, 2004, 9:11 pm
I guess if it interested him he woulda said something about it. Don't you think?

mat
February 19, 2004, 3:05 pm
let michal make the game engine perfect, and then maybe when he's really bored will make a single player level based game... give a man a break... he's alone in this...

[spam]
PET, get yer ass on LinkMania CTF, I think u would have a nice ping... and it's mainly served for romanian players (where the hell are they?) but it ain't a rule... so everyone is welcomed...
[/spam]

PET
February 24, 2004, 4:56 am
give me the server link !

Toni_Cicerelli
February 25, 2004, 12:31 am
maybe mike could make the tools but hes built such a great game for all of us i dont think he should be burdand with making the lvls. That can be the comunitys job

Icarius
February 25, 2004, 1:33 am
Meh. Don't see the point in it honestly, if you can't play soldat online, why the hell are you bothering to play it, and how did you download it and post on the forum

Toumaz
February 25, 2004, 11:15 am
There are two problems with this idea.

a) Singleplayer would ruin Soldat

b) The weapons in Soldat are designed to be balanced

Spike
February 25, 2004, 11:00 pm
or if they made a campaign designer that is like a single player but players make it and you can do coop online or singleplayer alone? like campaigns instead of popin in maps for server u just put in the campaign and then it plays it out all the maps and you can tell bots what to do when ur making it so AI is better and there are objectives. Jus an idea ^.^

HoZo-BoZo
March 16, 2004, 8:20 am
LoL.. U want a 2d single player game like this? Go Play metal slug, dude

societies_punishment
March 19, 2004, 6:59 am

/me looks closely

Ofcoure... thesame... exemple.... Maibee... conexion

/me translates

Wh4t iS teH v4LUe?! 6(1a6452!!?!

here we go again

Captain RibMan
March 19, 2004, 7:10 am
what the funk??

Hitman131
March 22, 2004, 3:34 am
wtf? how would it ruin soldat if it dont affect online. seriously dont just think about whether you would like it or not, alot of other people would like it and it wouldnt affect you if you dont play it. adding single player wouldnt "ruin" soldat. It would give it alot more life and just think of the modding possibiltys.

Perky
March 25, 2004, 10:34 am
I share your loss PET since I don't have internet connection at home either. I have to either singleplay or LAN. Singleplayer Soldat sounds very very good!