( search forums )
Dedicated Server v2.07
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
Michal Marcinkowski
March 7, 2004, 6:16 pm
Important!
In order for players with routers to join the server compression must be enabled. It is on for default but if not open soldat.ini and be sure to have a line "Compression=1" instead of "Compression=0".

Roy
March 7, 2004, 11:43 pm
NICE! Thank you!

Is there a fix-list?

ramirez
March 9, 2004, 5:34 am
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski
Important!
In order for players with routers to join the server compression must be enabled. It is on for default but if not open soldat.ini and be sure to have a line "Compression=1" instead of "Compression=0".

That's nice, good that it's fixed now.
However, now I among with some other players on my server gets the following error sometimes while playing:
"Decompression failed", it really doesn't matter that much, but it freezes the soldat for about 0.5 sec. I also get a lot of bad packets messages.
Nice work though, I love the new dedicated server, works great so nice work. :)

Lemon
March 9, 2004, 3:50 pm
sorry
i m bad in english.

that mean i need to change
Compression=0 -> Compression=1,
in soldat.ini of my soldat server?

but it seem not work, very few ppl can join my server
well, i m using linux

Roy
March 9, 2004, 5:33 pm
Yeah the "Decompression failed" seems to happen to just about everyone. It doesn't seem to occur too frequently, though, so certainly isn't crippling to gameplay.

ramirez
March 9, 2004, 7:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Roy
Yeah the "Decompression failed" seems to happen to just about everyone. It doesn't seem to occur too frequently, though, so certainly isn't crippling to gameplay.

Yeah, definitely worth of the trade that more people can join. :)
But still it'd be nice if it didn't happen so I decided to tell about it, even though people probably knew about that here already.

systemfeind
March 11, 2004, 8:30 am
hmm i wonder what the compression has to do with the server joining via router oO weird. hmm no matter while it works :D

Drama
March 11, 2004, 12:48 pm
it doesnt (properly)

grand_diablo
March 11, 2004, 3:37 pm
I already thought something was wrong with my connection, im glad to hear that it is no problem with my pc.

This problem needs to be fixed, cause this "decompression failed" error is happening to me quite often. When i leave a game after some d.f. errors, Soldat crashes...

Michal Marcinkowski
March 13, 2004, 11:55 am
Yes I know... well you turn off compression there are problems, you turn it on there are more problems...
I will try to release a fix this weekend.

Drama
March 13, 2004, 5:43 pm
Thank you

Lemon
March 14, 2004, 3:42 pm
thx a lot

ramirez
March 14, 2004, 6:59 pm
quote:Originally posted by Michal Marcinkowski
Yes I know... well you turn off compression there are problems, you turn it on there are more problems...
I will try to release a fix this weekend.

That'd be awesome. :)

scarecrow
March 21, 2004, 9:43 am
the link doesnt work here:/ and shouldn't be systemfiend systemfeind :P LOL (uhm i am dumb)
but if you dont believe me anymore the link in the download page to te dedicated server doesnt work here fine