( search forums )
Deleted Topic
Soldat Forums - -
Deleted User
November 30, 1999, 12:00 am

cup_of_squirrels
March 11, 2004, 4:47 pm
Well, we already have the bullet proof vest...

kevith
March 11, 2004, 7:14 pm
So you'd be like INVINCIBLE if you had your shield out? I just don't see how this would be good for overall gameplay... but what do I know?

Deleted User
March 11, 2004, 7:18 pm
Some idiot should just camp on next to wall and do nothing. :P

Sekushi
March 11, 2004, 10:21 pm
Oh, by all means, strip Soldat's originality and put in shields like in CS 1.6! Good idea!

Josh1l6
March 12, 2004, 4:34 am
body armor doesn't do jack against a barret shot. I think a shield would encourage real teamwork, and you can't fire while you have the shield out.

Shade
March 12, 2004, 5:17 am
Oh come on! Shields?I never played CS (and didn't know that it had shields either) but what the heck?Just because of the barret!?! Josh16: The body armor saves you from a barret shot. It leaves you a little less that 50% of your bar BUT it saves you. You either attack, or run away.
Besides, what about the other weapons? The barret is the biggest caliber in the game, with a .50 bullet. Tell me... what shield in the world can save you from a rifle specially deviced to pierce tank armor? I honestly don't know...

SiB Danne
March 12, 2004, 10:08 am
The special made barret bullet stopper shield... of course! And Soldat isn't realistic so why not? Do people jump around and fly with barrets in real world? no they CAMP CAMP CAMP! They don't run to get flags. Simple. Don't take the game too serious

March 12, 2004, 2:25 pm
I think it would be cool to have a shiel. In counter-strike I allways use a shield if I'm a CT. Its cool but you can only use pistols if you have a shield

LoGaN20216
March 12, 2004, 4:14 pm
i think the shield yould be a nice add-on
btw, i havn't played CS to much, but wont the shield break after awhile? it should be this way in soldat, if we had one. The shield should only be able to take so much damage then....BOOM!

Roy
March 12, 2004, 7:42 pm
I think the shield could work. It would have its own HP much like body armor and be destroyed one it took too much damage. It'd be like a small plate that the soldat holds in front of him and rotates 360 degrees with the cursor, like the chainsaw does.

DT
March 13, 2004, 1:54 am
UGH CS IDEAS COMING IN MAN THE STAT GUNS GET THE CAMPING BARRETERS OUT AND BLAST THEM AWAY!!!!
but... a shield would be useful... i wouldn't use it though... a law can handle that shields problem anyways

Dathker
March 13, 2004, 1:57 am
PFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT...hell no you stupid n00bs. if you plan ahead, you can protect your self from the barrets..e.i. this is just anoth n00b topic

Toni_Cicerelli
March 13, 2004, 4:44 am
I already got a shield, Its a meet shield AKA the guy infront of me. lol. And it fires, what kind of hand held shield can do that. I think the only thing that can kill me through it/him is the berret. and thats if im right there behind it.

Dathker
March 13, 2004, 12:55 pm
haha toni

Silent-Thunder
March 14, 2004, 3:22 am
hell id rather have a bulletproof vest as a secondary

BeTeL
March 14, 2004, 6:36 am
agree with thunder... make vest a secondary!

kkazican
March 14, 2004, 8:09 am
Yes then barret and every other weapon's effectiveness goes down. Except what? an m79 which skips armor and goes straight for health. So instead of people whining about barreters it will be m79s because you'll have a game full of m79s that people are using to jump and kill in 1 shot no matter what and a bunch of lameass noobs whining. Which is basically what this whole topic is about. Shield is a retarded idea that has been rejected before and as my wise 5th grade teacher once said,"It is idiot to try the same thing again and again and expect different results. Spider monkeys could do better!" If we get shield we will have people running around with a shield invincible and score all the flags and more noobs will whine. Also as far as I know THERE IS NO BARRET PROBLEM! It was already decided while the barret is powerful and accurate the guy using it gts 1 shot and 4 seconds to get another. If you can't kill someone within 4 seconds of seeing him you deserve to die. Also josh for your information with body armor you can take 2 hits with a barret and live. YOu will be down to about 3% life but you will live. Don't be contaminating these forums with your idiotic lies and your own opinionated responses that you can't back up. Body armor is very very effective with barret. It will buy you about 12 seconds assuming the barreter is an ace shot (which is rare these days) Will someone please please banish this post to the pits of hell from whence it came from.

F842
March 14, 2004, 8:41 pm
I think we all need to realise that the game is very well balanced at the mo. Barrats are under control, and the game is fun. Enjoy it.

Antifate
March 14, 2004, 11:57 pm
a shield woudl really suck...i mean even one with health and stuff just get the goddam vest it saves you

Se7enWolf
March 15, 2004, 12:04 am
hmm, if we had a shield, how about any shot in the back, for semi guns, 1/2 second of fire with burst guns would kill, no matter what, unless he had a meat shield, and it would be on a post outside, one shield per team on ctf, and inf, wouldn't that be better? at least nobody is running around like noobs with shields, with nobody killing eachother, and it is not available on Rambomatch, DM, team match, or point match, and if we had a shield, we would have to make it heavy, so it takes 1 second to turn, and when angling upward, you would have to KEEP going upward, or shield would drop, and certain amount of damage would chip away at it, and it would eventually break, and you fall faster, and jet power would be cut in half, and you can't fire while holding normal , would that make the shield idea better? I think if all these were in effect, we might have a shield, but if it's some force fieldy crap like in star wars, then no, unless it only works for 5 seconds, then takes 10 sec. to recharge, and you can't fire while it is on, or recharging, and you can't reload while recharging or using, would that be better, consider these ideas... even if the shield is a noob idea, putting these shield rules into effect would make it much better...

Silent-Thunder
March 15, 2004, 6:58 am
Actually the main problem for me seems to be the rarity of powerups on servers. Apparently in the past few weeks I've only picked up the vest once in a game.

HoZo-BoZo
March 16, 2004, 1:32 am
Yeah.. I fink tat would be a cool idea..
If u wanna use a shield.. I fink it should take up the primary weapon
slot.. So ppl wont be running around with a shield then camping with a damn barret.. And, when they use the shield, they wouldnt be completely invincible, but u can shoot the bugger by the back, since the shield is infront of him.
AND, while u are using a shield, u are not allowed to use ur secondary weapon, since the whole shield is covering the front part of your body and when you activate a button - and put the shield aside - then u can go around with your secondary weapon.

Josh1l6
March 17, 2004, 5:16 am
Sorry for my bad phrasing...I'm just pissed that even with armor on, the sniper shoots you from outside your viewing range, then by the time you get to him he's reloaded and he shoots you again. You got TWO shots. Whoop-de-frickin'-do. Doesn't help when riddling him with the MP5 doesn't disable him, he still has 100% accuracy. Ok, yeah, you take another route and surprise him...*grumbles*

HoZo-BoZo
March 18, 2004, 1:58 pm
eh, put that on the barret section?