( search forums )
Deleted Topic
Soldat Forums - -
Deleted User
November 30, 1999, 12:00 am

Cold Fusion
March 15, 2004, 4:42 pm
Yeah, this has been covered before.

I think the conclusion that we came to in the other thread was to keep the scoring system as it is, but instead of giving the capper 25 points, have another column with 'flags'.

Your system would be too complicated to see who had done what, the simpler the better.

Boy-boy
March 15, 2004, 4:46 pm
Still i can't see how your way is suppose to be more simple, with one more column i mean. Why does everyone need to know how many caps one guy have made? Just keep the count yourself [:I]

Icarius
March 15, 2004, 4:49 pm
Should also have returns as well, and points for defending the flag, but nothing too overkill.

Boy-boy
March 15, 2004, 4:56 pm
Personally i don't believe in all those columns. I'd say: Just count the frags and give out different amount of frags for certain actions! [8)]

Cold Fusion
March 15, 2004, 6:01 pm
But then you'd have no idea who got the most kills, and who got the most caps. It would be a nightmare if you were going to do any kind of statistics with them.

Boy-boy
March 15, 2004, 6:34 pm
I don care about that. Even if you do, it's been done before..

peemonkey
March 15, 2004, 7:17 pm
leave it. if there were points for returning, then you could just sit there and camp yer flag and shoot it away with spas. plus, i dont want my stupid teammies getting points fer when they all sat there and i ran over and did all the work myself.

kevith
March 16, 2004, 12:18 am
*yawn* Separate columns for each is the only way to do it if you're going to change it. You say to count yourself? lol when I finish a round I can never remember because I'm trying to concentrate on the game, not keep track of my points (that's why there is a scoreboard).

Separate columns for the actions is the simplest because then you aren't having to do math once a round is over just to figure out how many kills or whatever you had. If you just gave different amounts of points for all the actions you're suggesting, that would make it impossible to figure out your number of kills (or whatever else you want to calculate).

Besides, determining how many points each action should be worth will be a nightmare discussion that will never come to an end. Perhaps, you could have all of the separate colums and then a total points column where your points for the different actions are added up.

That's all I have to say... if you want more, do a search for the last time this was suggested (like a month ago maybe). You say "It's been done before"? Well, so has this topic. [;)]

p.s. don't be too quick to diss the cappers... you can't win a round without them.

DT
March 18, 2004, 2:11 pm
I say 10 points for flag cap. 2 for returning and 2 for killing a flag carrier...[:P]

Dragon88
March 18, 2004, 8:02 pm
Leave scoring alone. But I would have a 'Frag' column, rather than a 'Caps' column.

AerialAssault
March 18, 2004, 9:15 pm
why do people care so much about points, its harder to capture a flag than it is to kill someone so whats wrong with getting some points for it?

that fuking sniper
March 19, 2004, 1:14 am
Personally I dont like all that frag bull[:-censored]. I just want a point for each kill, pretty much it.

DT
March 19, 2004, 1:53 pm
i can cap a flag in like 40 secs its not really that hard... just got to wait for the enemy to leave the base...[:D]

Boy-boy
March 20, 2004, 9:13 pm
So unfaithful.. People listen to me i can solve all your problems! [;)]

quote:Originally posted by peemonkey
leave it. if there were points for returning, then you could just sit there and camp yer flag and shoot it away with spas.

Then simply make the flag unable to be blown away! I don't see any point in moving it anyway.

As for kevith..

quote:Originally posted by kevith
*yawn* Separate columns for each is the only way to do it if you're going to change it. You say to count yourself? lol when I finish a round I can never remember because I'm trying to concentrate on the game, not keep track of my points (that's why there is a scoreboard).

You say you don't have time to think of yer score, only of the game. Still you seem so obscessed with your own score, not by the team's as a whole..

I said i didn't care about how many caps i had made or how many of my points were kills.. As long as they're Points it's all good!.. As long as your team has the highest score you win!
You do not have to be a math genius to see that 352 points are higher than 207..

That's all I have to say... if you want more, do a search for the last time this was suggested (like a month ago maybe). You say "It's been done before"? Well, so has this topic.
quote:Originally posted by Boy-boy
I apologize if this subject already has been discussed in another thread, anyhow i think this is worth a sticky and since it was not i thought i'd bring this subject up again!

p.s. don't be too quick to diss the cappers... you can't win a round without them.

Indeed. But you may wanna even it out a little. Lets say 2 guys attack and one of them lay hands on the flag while the other one kills All the enemies, even on the way back he protects the carrier all the way home..
Doesn't he deserve something? Just because the other guy where 1 sec ahead he got the flag and the 25 points..

One other thing to suggest; Assists? A few points reward for the return which lead to the score.

Uzzi
March 20, 2004, 9:21 pm
I'd say just get rid of the points for getting a capture, the whole idea of Capture the Flag is team work.

If you had a capper and a defender, obviously the capper will have the highest points, doesn't mean he's better than the defender.

Players should realise that getting the highest points is not what it's all about...

Drama
March 20, 2004, 10:30 pm
Its team game anyway, team wins and team loses