( search forums )
Deleted Topic
Soldat Forums - -
Deleted User
November 30, 1999, 12:00 am

Toni_Cicerelli
April 8, 2004, 2:32 am
There was some discussion about ammo not to long ago, but there were bickering about ammo type such as caliber?s and the like. Ammo crates I think would fit real nice into the game play. And as for the cone thing, I like it but I think it might get flamed. But it might not, crazier things have happened I guess.

KiLLBoT
April 8, 2004, 3:24 am
The limited ammo might be alright for realistic. But the fog of war would get nerfed fast...

Antifate
April 8, 2004, 4:41 am
I really don't get how fow could work on soldat...it's 2d and not up-down. I made a post about ammo few weeks ago like 1 1/2

DT
April 8, 2004, 4:42 am
NO AMMO NO FOG OF WAR!
mabye in realistic...
but NO!

BMF
April 8, 2004, 4:58 am
ammo
cool idea for realistic. Several problems with it. People run out of ammo, so they try to pick up opponent's weapons. But weapons dissapear after some time. Hence people start killing each other with fists which is just dumb.
There are 10 different weapons in the game. It would be necessary to make 10 different types of ammo drops. It's just ridiculous.

fog of war
been done in realistic, NEEEXT!!

Alamo
April 8, 2004, 4:58 am
Ammo: maybe in realistic
Fog of War: Soldat is 2D shooting action not Age of Empires or some other Strategy game...

Captain RibMan
April 8, 2004, 5:02 am
fog of war sounds ghey

stealthy
April 8, 2004, 6:06 am
quote:Originally posted by BMF
ammo
cool idea for realistic. Several problems with it. People run out of ammo, so they try to pick up opponent's weapons. But weapons dissapear after some time. Hence people start killing each other with fists which is just dumb.
There are 10 different weapons in the game. It would be necessary to make 10 different types of ammo drops. It's just ridiculous.

fog of war
been done in realistic, NEEEXT!!

Just for starters, I meant for all of my improvements to be implemented in realistc mode, because they obviously would make the game more realistic. Weapons are around for a decent amount of time, and if you have just killed a person, then you are usually in the right place to pick up their gun. I don't really see needing multiple types of ammo boxes either. I have no clue how the software coding for it would work (I'm not a programmer, just a player), but I assumed that there would only be one type of box that would restore all types of ammo. As for the fog of war comment, I disagree slightly. There certainly isn't any fog. I've seen people camp out above the warehouse and take pot shots with a sniper rifle along the terrain line and get kills from outside of scope range. That would be a lot harder to do if there was an actual fog preventing you from seeing all the terrain that you shouldn't normally be able to see.

Alamo
April 8, 2004, 4:02 pm
I think a little realism is needed. And if you add Ammo crates you HAVE to add crates for every type of weapon e.g. the SOCOM too...
And about not adding any crates: Try killing ppl with 30 AK shots without missing and without them getting a healtpack... And what if ammo is empty? You could run around and play Rocky... Maybe that would be funny but I find this rather dumb... And if you pick up the gun of the guy you just killed you pick up an empty or half-empty gun...

Denacke
April 8, 2004, 4:28 pm
why diff ammo crate for every diff weap?
If you have an aug, and pick up a crate you get x number of aug ammo
if you have a spas and you pick up the same crate, you get x number of spas ammo i think that works out a lot better and less buggy prolly too!

BlackSpear
April 8, 2004, 4:48 pm
idd couse then there should be 10 different sorts of ammo and you mostly only use 1 gun in a life, so that would suck.
and this realy shouldn't be in a normal game, in realistic it would be nice.....

BManx2000
April 8, 2004, 7:45 pm
I don't know about the ammo, and the fog of war already exists in realistic. Although, I think it should grey out the parts you can't see, so you can see where you can't see (try saying that 10 times fast lol :P)

BMF
April 8, 2004, 8:39 pm
Oh.. You mean like real fog?? Man thats WAY too complicated

Spike
April 8, 2004, 9:28 pm
Maybe there should be an option for regular ctf that makes it so you cant see behind you like in realistic but its optional like the server can turn it on / off.

Afkamm
June 25, 2004, 2:37 pm
FOW wouldn't really work as the maps are too small and people who haven't played the map before would be at a disadvantage to those that have. As BManx2000 said, the realistic option is better.

Ammo boxes (limited gun ammo) would be a nice option in the game, but screw having 9 different ammo box drops, just have a one ammo box does all sort of thing. The question is though, can you survive long enough to be able to use your limited ammo before you die? Hell if I'm lucky I'll get to reach two medic boxes, but then I die. hehe

Some booby trapped drop boxes would be nice. ;)

sanity
June 25, 2004, 2:49 pm
fog of war is kinda already in realistic... its just instead of 'fog' it only shows line of sight. i think a LOS-only option would be fun, because not knowing whats around the corner adds some suspense on its own (without the fall damage).

edit: uhh i [:-censored]ed up this post (stoned). uhh you mean FOW as each soldat has a range of vision and out of this (circular?) range is blackness. which is not a bad idea but i think it would seriouly give one-shot-kill guns an advantage because u cant 'track' them with the weapon.

Vigilante
June 25, 2004, 3:19 pm
Seems like a lot of you aren't reading:
quote:I meant for all of my improvements to be implemented in realistc mode

As for the ammo, that'd be cool. The way you want it, anyway, with just one drop. But you'd start with like 3 or 4 clips, right? It doesn't seem like that's what some people think you mean.

FOW, might be interesting, but it'd hafta be extended for the scoped range of the barreta.

DeMonIc
June 25, 2004, 4:00 pm
Ah ffs dudes..can't u understand that like ammo boxes would be suit for ANY weapon, and would be like nade or health packs?Geez...
Fog of war... to complicated.Mabbe a little darkenin outside ure sight range, so u don't get confused if ur new to the mode but.. too much coding.

Element_101
June 26, 2004, 11:09 am
Ammo = good idea, Would add a lot to a allready great game

FOW - already in realistic mode, its obvious michal has throught about this and has decided this is the better option.

BManx2000
June 26, 2004, 3:59 pm
Ok picture time:
[IMAGE]
The lines indicate the soldat's line of sight. In realistic, it would look like the picture (minus the lines) so you can tell where you can't see.