( search forums )
Deleted Topic
Soldat Forums - -
Deleted User
November 30, 1999, 12:00 am

Deleted User
June 8, 2004, 11:26 am
Mortar - yes, I want to see that as a new secondary.

Predator weapons - no, the bonus shouldn't be taken further than it is, the idea is to be invisible, not to be the Predator [:)]

Bots - You can just set bots to jump over the spikes in the map waypoints...

Mine - no. Spawnkilling

Shooting through teammates - no, I don't like it. It would make defending on maps like inf_Warehouse too easy.

Bots dropping grenades - don't bots already throw grenades?

cyberdaemon
June 8, 2004, 11:38 am
quote:Originally posted by Stalky
Mortar - yes, I want to see that as a new secondary.

i was thinking more like usable turret.but that players may carry the weapon may be bretty good too.but i doupt it could be secondary weapon
cus its too powerful.

quote:Originally posted by Stalky
Bots dropping grenades - don't bots already throw grenades?

i havent mentioned that somehow.or they drop em so rarely.

Toni_Cicerelli
June 8, 2004, 9:21 pm
If the Predator bonus was going to go that far it might as well be a mode like Rambo mode. Or replace it. While your it you should have that spiffy blue vision were you see all humans in a infra red way.

Noobile
June 9, 2004, 12:19 am
quote:spiffy blue vision were you see all humans

"hey baby, wanna...kill all humans"
-Bender, Futurama

Deleted User
June 9, 2004, 12:27 am
quote:Originally posted by cyberdaemon
i was thinking more like usable turret.

[:O] Oh my god, thats what I always thought but everyone else seemed to prefer the idea as a secondary weapon...I would love it as a stationary gun!

Askur
June 9, 2004, 12:55 am
Yeah. Some huge stationary mortar gun which can be adjusted a bit (bot only a bit IMO) to cover some small area could be pretty cool in the right type of teamgame maps.
Bots should have some sense of avoiding traps, I'm sure you can do that somehow.. but I don't know anything about waypointing.

The other stuff isn't so good. Especially not the idea about ultra-nonFriendlyFire.

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 9, 2004, 1:19 am
Actually, it is semi possible to already get Mortars and stuff into your map, just place a "Only Bullets Collide" Polygon near the floor, and throw a granade into it, It'll fly very very far, and granades don't disappear, so it would always land.

Fangus Deef
June 9, 2004, 1:29 am
it doesnt always land. if it goes too far without hitting tuff it explodes....duh.
mortar is the only good thing. why would it be too powerful of a secondary? we already have a rocket launcher. but i would like it as a stat gun...and maybe other stat guns? (flamer pwnt!!! road warrior style!!!)

cyberdaemon
June 9, 2004, 6:22 am
the flame gun has to "run out" very fast or shoulnt have too big flame.and you could wait a fev moments when it cools down.

Zoolander
June 9, 2004, 4:11 pm
maps are to small for a mortar.

DeMonIc
June 9, 2004, 5:40 pm
Mortar would be cool, but I doubt that it will be used seriously.

Fangus Deef
June 9, 2004, 8:57 pm
well why even try? we gonna be able to make our own soons....

Askur
June 9, 2004, 9:19 pm
Zoolander... maps are as small as their creator makes them.

Zoolander
June 10, 2004, 11:21 am
Correction: Stock maps are to small for a mortar.

Askur
June 10, 2004, 1:48 pm
And that's why mortar guns were not included. The maps weren't made for them. Just like not every map has a Stationary Machine Gun.