Aquarius
July 25, 2004, 8:52 pm
it would be a great improvement

bucky_brad
July 25, 2004, 9:10 pm
hah, yes I agree.

Deleted User
July 25, 2004, 9:11 pm
No. Just remove NuZZ's version and replace it with original.

Spectral
July 25, 2004, 9:45 pm
meh what's the difference?

Deleted User
July 25, 2004, 10:16 pm
Oh, I thought I might add - REMOVE CTF_LAOS, AND KEEP CTF_DEATH BECAUSE I LOVE THAT MAP.

This topic is very stupid.

Deleted User
July 25, 2004, 10:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by Spectral
meh what's the difference?

Original one is better. Good enough reason?

Drama
July 25, 2004, 10:19 pm
make it bigger

kevith
July 25, 2004, 10:56 pm
I don't think I'd ever want to remove a map. The more official maps the better.

wert21
July 25, 2004, 11:22 pm
YES. remove or modify it, almost everyone hate that, the others are on the floor.

n00bface
July 25, 2004, 11:22 pm
no, remove a map..it's actually kind of annoying, whenever it's in a servers rotation and it gets switched to then half the players leave if there isn't an admin to switch maps..

The Geologist
July 25, 2004, 11:39 pm
There would have to be some big improvements to improve the opinions of those who dislike the map. Scrap it or go back to the original. I agree with the fact that the map cleans out servers noticibly more than the others, and I can't blame those that leave. Its teh suck.

KnOt
July 25, 2004, 11:39 pm
Meh.. replace it with another map. There's plenty of official-worthy maps out there.

kevith
July 26, 2004, 12:18 am
Well, I personally am not a huge fan of ctf_death and don't use it my rotation, but I don't see why we need to completely get rid of it.

Chakra
July 26, 2004, 12:31 am
On practically every occasion ctf_death has come up, a vote for another map is almost immediately put into place.

Marine
July 26, 2004, 12:33 am
quote:Originally posted by kevith
I don't think I'd ever want to remove a map. The more official maps the better.

Yes! Precisely.

The Geologist
July 26, 2004, 12:37 am
Just because something is official doesn't mean it should be kept around if the majority doesn't like it. Thus, improvements. But what could be done to silence the gripes people have about that map?

Sekushi
July 26, 2004, 12:42 am
quote:Originally posted by KnOt
Meh.. replace it with another map. There's plenty of official-worthy maps out there.

I agree, if Death's the best that could be put in the official map pack, something is wrong.

TigerDragon
July 26, 2004, 1:12 am
the more maps the merrier.
death2 looks better

AerialAssault
July 26, 2004, 4:04 am
i agree

loserisme
July 26, 2004, 4:14 am
I like Knot's Idea. The more maps, the better (I think). Replace it with another map. Hmmmmm..... Map making contests??? Whaddya think?

Spectral
July 26, 2004, 4:18 am
aye perhaps a vote on that soldat voting page

karmazonpl
July 26, 2004, 6:31 am
I hate that map so much, mojority of the players always quit when this map comes up....

frogboy
July 26, 2004, 7:20 am
ctf_death 1.0.5b was an entirely different map. I agree with Ville; replace it with the 1.0.5b map so everyone can enjoy its greatness.

DeafBox
July 26, 2004, 8:02 am
id love to see ctf_death replaced with ctf_death2. Its better in ever way.

That said, i would like to see the dna map pack included with the next version... but who wouldnt want that?

Deleted User
July 26, 2004, 9:07 am
The problem with the DNAGames map pack is that some maps have no waypoints. I'd love it if someone was willing to bot 'em.

Haro1121
July 26, 2004, 9:18 am
wtf dont get rid of it totally apparently some people like it or server admins wouldnt put it in there rotation, i dont mind the map my self if servers dont want it they wont put it in the rotation simple as that

systemfeind
July 26, 2004, 9:59 am
i agree remove the map. the gameplay on it is teh worst.

Jap_man
July 26, 2004, 11:05 am
Yes, get rid of Death and replace it with a map more deserving to be in the official map pack.

sanity
July 26, 2004, 11:40 am
majority of people dislike this map, it needs to go.

b00stA
July 26, 2004, 12:29 pm
Why don't you just let the server admins know that they should remove ctf_death? They can easily check the logs.. seeing that a lot of people leave after a mapchange to ctf_death

Aquarius
July 26, 2004, 12:43 pm
It doesn't work, most admins don't care about it. They just add all available maps to the maplist.

systemfeind
July 26, 2004, 12:44 pm
tell me normal ppl who check their logs to see which maps are often played oO

the problem is that too many server admins dont care about the mapcycle and leave it to the standard

EyE-of-TerroR
July 26, 2004, 2:02 pm
Death is good map and the oringinal is better than Nuzz.If you dont like the map leave the game but I think it's stupid to leave the game if you dont like the map like you can't like all wepons like barretards.

Deleted User
July 26, 2004, 2:15 pm
Terror you should consider pushing space bar after '.' :P

Dark_Noddy
July 26, 2004, 2:50 pm
Death I dun like :/ Change it or remove it I like.. Leave now I will ^^

Sjuge
July 26, 2004, 8:11 pm
Remove Arena! It sucks ass! I am so tired of that [:-censored]ing map. Also, Jungle is so unbalanced it hurts. That has to go too. A lot of people seem to hate La Grange. Maybe we should get rid of that? Or at least add plenty of jetpack to get them to quit bitching. After all, we wouldn't want anyone disliking something that they are in no way forced to have anything to do with, would we? It's not like you could just FIND ANOTHER SERVER or anything. STFU...

Darksider
July 26, 2004, 8:24 pm
I think removing is a hard punishm,ent for ctf_death. Just edit it or replace with the classic. Or we should have a vote on this, because this topic will never end.

What shall happen to ctf_death?

1. Delete it
2. Replace it
3. Edit it

No?

palloco
July 26, 2004, 8:48 pm
I love ctf_death.

Deleted User
July 26, 2004, 8:53 pm
quote:Originally posted by Sjuge
Remove Arena! It sucks ass! I am so tired of that [:-censored]ing map. Also, Jungle is so unbalanced it hurts. That has to go too. A lot of people seem to hate La Grange. Maybe we should get rid of that? Or at least add plenty of jetpack to get them to quit bitching. After all, we wouldn't want anyone disliking something that they are in no way forced to have anything to do with, would we? It's not like you could just FIND ANOTHER SERVER or anything. STFU...

Thats just stupid.

And my opinion... Replace death with old version and add hh and fest. :D

bucky_brad
July 26, 2004, 9:02 pm
i dont remember how the old version was different..

July 26, 2004, 9:19 pm
I love ctf_death, I can get more points defending than I can by attacking!

palloco
July 26, 2004, 9:26 pm
I can get more points attacking than defending in ctf death

FliesLikeABrick
July 26, 2004, 9:48 pm
Does anyone have a reason why they don't like it? I think it is a good map because it provides more open gameplay below, as well as close quarters above, and then everyone's favorite thing to complain about: barret camping... but then again its all part of the game, so I have nothing against the map, I kinda like it.

If nobody has anything to say about why they hate it, and would rather point out how everyone else hates it and leaves.... might as well lock this thread.
-Brick

that fuking sniper
July 26, 2004, 9:49 pm
No, dont remove it. I, for one, am one of those people who like close-quarters Soldat battles, and there are others who do also. Most servers I play in skip that map anyway, so I dont see any problem with having it here.

kevith
July 26, 2004, 9:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by DeafBox
... i would like to see the dna map pack included with the next version... but who wouldnt want that?

quote:Originally posted by Stalky
The problem with the DNAGames map pack is that some maps have no waypoints. I'd love it if someone was willing to bot 'em.

Best. Idea. Ever.

Seriously, the DNAGames map pack was/is awesome. I would run it on my server, but nobody seems to have it anymore. If Michal just included it in the game, it would add so much more novelty to the game. A rejuvenation of sorts. *thinks back to the additions of ctf_voland and inf_fortress in 1.1.4* (I could've gone back further in my nostalgia... such as the addition of Infiltration and Realistic modes in 1.1.0, but I figured more current players could remember the change to 1.1.4 from 1.1.3).

As far as the waypointing goes, I'm sure we could find somebody to waypoint the maps (who is the reigning bot-master? ;) but even if nobody is willing to do it, they could just be included and people not playing online would just have to play the old waypointed maps instead.

edit: I'm thinking maybe this should be it's own topic. Anybody want to make it? I'll defer to DeafBox for now...

loserisme
July 27, 2004, 1:58 am
Ctf_Death looks so "simple". I could make a better map than that. Just put two polygons to form a rectangle, add scenery and colliders, put in flags and spawn points, done. I don't think the Nuzz guy spent much time on it.
I think i've said this before but, maybe map-making contests would be cool.

wuddyathink

Cookie.
July 27, 2004, 2:25 am
i like the map.....

FliesLikeABrick
July 27, 2004, 2:52 am
quote:Originally posted by that fuking sniper
No, dont remove it. I, for one, am one of those people who like close-quarters Soldat battles, and there are others who do also. Most servers I play in skip that map anyway, so I dont see any problem with having it here.

I like it for the same reason, but unfortunately most players (soldat newbs especially) dont like it because it isnt a great camping map (just come up from below and blow the hell outta them). I run it in my server and just ignore the complaints.
-Brick

DeafBox
July 27, 2004, 3:09 am
quote:I'm thinking maybe this should be it's own topic. Anybody want to make it? I'll defer to DeafBox for now...

ok - i made a thread. Didnt use search tho, so if its been made before im blaming u :P
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=16125

Michal
July 29, 2004, 1:52 am
I don't really dislike ctf_death too much, but I like death2 better.

Captain-Kiwi
July 29, 2004, 2:31 am
Adding the DNA Mappack to the official Soldat bundle would be very nice, me thinks the few standard maps that ship with the game are slowly getting boring. I mean I like most maps but it'd be nice to see something new. And yes, it is hard to find a server running the DNA maps.

As for ctf_death, I'd say either edit/change it to something less ... umm "annoying" or delete it after all. I don't think many CTF players would miss that map. If they want close combats they go DM, rather. And on most servers with >8 players on and minigun enabled, ctf_death is just a reason for me to check for another server [:-weepn]

Fat Guy
July 30, 2004, 8:36 am
i think that ctf_death is awesome, only the people who hog the barret don't like that map, cuz they can't shoot more than every 10 seconds (they gotta let their brain relode as well as the barret) ;D

Selknam
July 31, 2004, 11:15 pm
i hate death... and my biggest problem is that here in Chile [8D] the 99% of servers are up with default maps, i mean, the maps whichs comes in the soldat installation file... so omost every server have ctf_death.

I really qould like to play ctf_dragonwar instead of ctf_death. Maybe a litlle less red dragonwar, but even that way is a better map. (i miss that map ;P)

pd.: I dunno speak english, so forget all my mistakes

sanity
August 1, 2004, 6:12 am
i find ctf_death too small/boring. its boring because you only have two short routes to take, so you end up doing the same thing over and over and its not fun at all if theres too many players. often i get more fun on the roof then in the game...[:P] whenever this map comes on iinet everyone leaves saying stuff like 'oh no not this map'. it sucks when good players are on then this maps starts and they all leave. [V]

Deleted User
August 1, 2004, 6:39 am
the masses say 'scrap'. but i LIKE it! no matter, i've still got ctf_laos...

TigerDragon
August 1, 2004, 6:48 am
i like death cuz i like cqb combat. death2 is really nice

Subslider
August 1, 2004, 10:35 am
well i dont know if we should completely get rid of it..

but i am for the suggestion to add more maps into the offical mappack..
if ya dont like the map.. do a map vote.. ( which i think needs to be improved aswell..)

Yin_Starrunner
August 3, 2004, 1:15 am
I like ctf_death alot, mostly just becuz of the absolute carnage.

Its kinda like a huge teammatch, with 2 teams

Aquarius
August 3, 2004, 8:19 am
Then make it (T)DM map :S

Unlucky 13
August 3, 2004, 8:38 am
ctf_death2 is better, i like the split top/bottom, harder if u dont defend/attak bothways. maybe scrap death and put in death2?

brickman
August 11, 2004, 7:59 pm
Scrap CTF DEATH? Hell NO! I love that map. Its total carnage, to the point where sometimes I have such a big firefight on defense that I don't even have time to check whether I have my m79 loaded again yet, just gotta keep clicking and watch the carnage. And the whole place becomes rocked by explosions. And when 4 defenders spawn in just after you grab the flag. . . sweet!
I will admit that I disliked it at first, but that was during my first week or so. Now I love it, especially with lots of people.

quote:Originally posted by loserisme
Ctf_Death looks so "simple". I could make a better map than that. Just put two polygons to form a rectangle, add scenery and colliders, put in flags and spawn points, done. I don't think the Nuzz guy spent much time on it.

That is a display of ignorance. Even this simple map had a lot of thought go into it, if you just open your eyes. A huge lower area for people who hate people being in their face. Hiding spot on the middle ground so that you have your butt covered but your head just behind the foreground while unleashing a barrage on the enemy as it deploys with either minigun or barret, yet are still vulenrable to anyone going around or with m79. Those boxes opposite each flag (if it was slapped together there would be nothing to the outside of the holes). Never underestimate these things (and yes, I'm sure he spent a lot more time making it than you did deciding it as crap).

i am ahab
August 12, 2004, 1:30 pm
absolutely goddam 100% agreedenoffer get rid it just doesnt have the character that the other maps do. theres no charm. no love in this room. no love at all!

rape and pillage for ever! :)

dr.ON
August 12, 2004, 8:06 pm
ti will be greate if there be so tunel \^/

Sjuge
August 14, 2004, 5:35 pm
quote:Originally posted by Ville Mk.2
quote:Originally posted by Sjuge

Thats just stupid.

And my opinion... Replace death with old version and add hh and fest. :D

Instead of replying I think I will just let the subtle irony sink in.

DT
August 14, 2004, 8:35 pm
that map is very flashy...