( search forums )
Points for returning the flag
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
DannyLB
August 7, 2004, 7:00 am
i play infiltration a lot and i like to defend, so i return a lot of flags. but the bad thing is that i dont get points for it, so i would like to get at least 1 point per flag returned.

n00bface
August 7, 2004, 7:32 am
people can blow away the flag with grenades / hit it away with knives etc. people would just point whore. same goes for capturing the flag. a rather pointless addition and would just make soldat more of a pointwhore game than a teamwork game.

P.S. (ot) you should stop whoring bravo and stacking teams

Unlucky 13
August 7, 2004, 7:58 am
bravo=blue=what the hell is all on it for? go ALPHA!!!
not a good idea, inf/ctf = teamwork, not point-stacking

Yin_Starrunner
August 7, 2004, 3:31 pm
yep, doesnt matter. just pwning them matters.

BManx2000
August 7, 2004, 3:41 pm
Why does eveybody always think people will point-whore? It could just be that you only get points for returning if the flag was first captured.

DannyLB
August 9, 2004, 4:49 am
quote:Originally posted by n00bface
people can blow away the flag with grenades / hit it away with knives etc. people would just point whore. same goes for capturing the flag. a rather pointless addition and would just make soldat more of a pointwhore game than a teamwork game.

P.S. (ot) you should stop whoring bravo and stacking teams

Well maybe Michal will make a version where you cant move the flag with the guns....so it will be posible then [;)]

Hova
August 9, 2004, 5:17 am
Moving the flag with bullets is an important strategic manouver. Hopefully it won't be removed.

Vassili_Zaitsev
August 9, 2004, 8:55 am
i like manx2000 idea, you cant get point/s for returning it unless it has ben touched by an enemy be4.
sonds like the logical answer to me.
i would like to see point/s scored for returning the flag, but only to you personally not your team, like a kill.

Meandor
August 9, 2004, 11:39 am
Search for it, this is an old discussion.