( search forums )
Whats up with the lobby?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Hektik Sniper
August 15, 2004, 8:37 am
So er, whos bright idea was it to do this?

[IMAGE]

Unlucky 13
August 15, 2004, 8:43 am
heh. err... not |Trigun| obviously. It is obviously two+ servers multipied in that lobby server bug. heh. er.. whodunit?

Deleted User
August 15, 2004, 9:03 am
Its not multipled servers bug as all other servers are just fine. But i copletely agree |Trigun| isn't cool. :D

Captain RibMan
August 15, 2004, 9:08 am
hektik hacks, wtf is trigun neways

karmazonpl
August 15, 2004, 9:12 am
yep, I agree, trigun isn't cool

frogboy
August 15, 2004, 9:32 am
Yeah, I was pissing myself this morning when I looked at the lobby.

palloco
August 15, 2004, 9:48 am
I checked it yesterday and there were only 5 or 6 of Trigun isn't cool. It seems it had sons and they are multipyling. Michal should really look the code of the lobby to check this hack

Element_101
August 15, 2004, 12:05 pm
Yes that seems to be the case. :D

N1nj@
August 15, 2004, 2:16 pm
I don't think it is a hack, I think the person just continuosly opening Soldat dedicated server. Cause that would explain the high ping. The person probably went to a point when his/her computer crashed.

palloco
August 15, 2004, 3:03 pm
And how do you explain that there are 255 players in all those servers?

Liber_Lupus
August 15, 2004, 4:24 pm
Someone really hates Trigun...i saw it too when looking for all realistic servers

Deleted User
August 16, 2004, 12:46 am
ok i am a member of the real tirgun and some one is trying 2 put us down and tare us apart we have a few ppl on the list of who we think it is but plz dont look at us and say we suck cuz of some lozer who just whants 2 make fun of some ppl cuz hes just puting himself down cuz any one that takes that much time and efort to do this is a lozer but we are trying 2 figer out who did this and why who ever it is is recurting sucky players to make us look bad but dont look at us in a bad way becuz of a lozer

Samonosuke
August 16, 2004, 12:47 am
o man, its the people who want to destroy the |Trigun| clan.... this needs to stop

SuperKill
August 16, 2004, 2:29 am
quote:Originally posted by N1nj@
I don't think it is a hack, I think the person just continuosly opening Soldat dedicated server. Cause that would explain the high ping. The person probably went to a point when his/her computer crashed.

well its rare to see a 60 player server, not to mention 250, not to mention few of those ;P

N1nj@
August 16, 2004, 3:08 am
fine! it's a hack >.<

Deleted User
August 16, 2004, 3:22 am
Yay for proper grammar, maybe if the Trigun kid would use better grammar more people would listen, just a thought.
I'm not sure if my previous post was removed by a moderator, but can you release a list of the people you think it might be? What about that |Trigun|Superman guy, he seems to be in charge of that server you mention to be fake, is he on the list? I'm not sure if he would even do it, considering he is listing himself as a Trigun, why would he insult the Triguns then?

peemonkey
August 16, 2004, 7:38 am
i was just about to post on this...good thing i check first ;)
<-good forum member
has anyone tryed to get into any? it's not possible...

systemfeind
August 16, 2004, 8:27 am
omg now they are hacking the lobby server *EEEEEEEEKK*

Hektik Sniper
August 16, 2004, 9:40 am
[IMAGE]

Some new ones this morning :o

NightCabbage
August 17, 2004, 1:07 am
lol, i was wondering how long it would take for someone to do this :)

spoofed.

the lobby should have protection against this, it's easy to implement...

funny :P

Deleted User
August 17, 2004, 6:48 am
yea alright ... so i'm Leader of |Trigun|, and sum of you (i see) hate us.. why do you hate us? I dunno! Next time you people should have a reason to dislike us.
Other than that, we have no problems with any clans (or so i think) I am really sorry for this whole inconvenience with the Lobby being spammed , it has nothing to do with |Trigun| Clan at all! We are seriously tryina find out and get rid of this asshole who is spamming tha server, and trying to Ruin our Clan name. So if you have any information that might help us.. plz reply to this ASAP!!!!

Also.. for those of you who dont know what Trigun stands for or based on... its based on an Anime on Adult Swim.. one of the best Short Anime Series by far. So i guess you all should try and take a chance and get to know us more before u judge us. thnx

- HT

Unlucky 13
August 17, 2004, 7:58 am
Ahh! {A.W.H}dunit! Check the IP's, then report to MM, if this IS a hack.

By the way, the lobby server should be able to remove 'ommited' servers. and did anyone check if it had an IP?

Deleted User
August 17, 2004, 10:59 pm
hahahAAAA
AWH say they own us... but they too scared to have a clan battle... soo hmmm... wut u guys think?
another thing thats strange is that those Hack Servers |Trigun| isnt Cool or w/e it says.. have tha Same IP as the |Trigun| Dedicated DM, and that superman guy runs that server.. but he actually likes |Trigun|... so is there a posibility that IP's can be cloned?

Deleted User
August 18, 2004, 1:33 am
I believe that Soldat uses UDP (correct me if im wrong) which does not use an active connection. UDP packets have a header with the source ip, which is possible to forge. In theory they could make it look like its coming from whatever ip they want, which is pretty advanced stuff. So unless someone who knows more about Soldat's networking specifically thinks otherwise, the ip is most likely circumstantial evidence, and it seems likely if those who created the servers knew how to fake the packets, they probably would so noone would know who they are. Just my 2 cents, ChunkeyYoda.

Samonosuke
August 18, 2004, 2:28 am
He's got a good point, I actually trust AWH, i dont know why they would do it, This is |Trigun| Lohan Man

Deleted User
August 18, 2004, 4:56 am
I was talking to an AWH today in the server, Loki I think it was, and he said that he didnt think AWH had anything to do with it, but there aren't many other people who would want to do this.

Unlucky 13
August 18, 2004, 7:11 am
I think this is now quite a bad situation, beta testers, try to help Michal against this! Someone got an idea?

This is URGENT, people may start to flood the lobby room! That could be fatal for M/P mode! We need to somehow get this guy rid of before he floods our lobby room...

Deleted User
August 18, 2004, 10:00 pm
Wait what? I don't really understand what you are saying, what is M/P mode?

Tha Doggfather
August 18, 2004, 11:01 pm
Stop being a [:-censored]ing hypocrite ChunkeyYoda, i know its you whos running the servers.

Hitman
August 18, 2004, 11:14 pm
quote:I believe that Soldat uses UDP (correct me if im wrong) which does not use an active connection. UDP packets have a header with the source ip, which is possible to forge. In theory they could make it look like its coming from whatever ip they want, which is pretty advanced stuff. So unless someone who knows more about Soldat's networking specifically thinks otherwise, the ip is most likely circumstantial evidence, and it seems likely if those who created the servers knew how to fake the packets, they probably would so noone would know who they are. Just my 2 cents, ChunkeyYoda.Heh, I love how you wrote that just in case we, in this case Tha Doggfather, found that little proof, so you could have an 'alibi'. We're not that stupid you know :)

Deleted User
August 18, 2004, 11:47 pm
Look, I have no idea what you are talking about. I don't know where you got that idea dogfather and if you dont believe me about the capability to fake udp packets source just ask Michael or anyone who knows anything about UDP packets/networking and you will know that I'm right.
quote:
Heh, I love how you wrote that just in case we, in this case Tha Doggfather, found that little proof, so you could have an 'alibi'. We're not that stupid you know :)

Also, I fail to see what 'little proof' you are talking about, he simple posted "Stop being a hypocrite, I know its you". Even if you don't know anyone who knows anything about networking do a search on google about faking the source of udp packets.

N1nj@
August 19, 2004, 12:01 am
quote:Also, I fail to see what 'little proof' you are talking about...He didn't say he has the little proof, he said in case. Go get glasses, you've been watching too much anime.

and you could be the guy behind all this =P, after all, you seem to have a good knowledge of how Soldat networking stuff are set up.

Hitman
August 19, 2004, 12:03 am
It's just that your Ip happened to match that of the servers, and I found it quiet funny that you were going on about how Ip's can be faked, and even the Ip is 'most likely circumstantial evidence'.

I mean, even if it wasn't you, don't you think it's kinda funny that we got an exact Ip match with the person, you, who is most active in this topic, and is cleverly trying to defend himself if found out? Of course, it could all be circumstantial ;)

Deleted User
August 19, 2004, 12:28 am
Yes, it IS circumstatial. Firstly, there is only two types of connections, TCP and UDP and UDP is used for all games, thats not a secret. If you look at the two screenshots posted in the forum, both of them have fake servers selected and an ip that isn't mine at the top. HT posted that superman's server had the same ip as the fake ones, which isn't my ip, as the moderators can see. Clearly my ip is remaining the same while the servers are changing ip, I don't see how that incriminates me.

[URL] quote:In other words UDP packets are anonymous and easy to fake.

[URL] An entire article about IP spoofing.
quote:Faking a UDP packet is relatively simple. The header of a UDP packet is very simple due to its connectionless nature. So, you can fill in any IP address you like and pretend to be somebody else.

Please don't accuse me randomly.

LazehBoi
August 19, 2004, 12:42 am
I don't believe IPs can be cloned, but there are such things that can be used in IRC called a "bouncer", as to whether something like this can be used outside of IRC is a mystery to me...

Hitman
August 19, 2004, 1:08 am
quote:If you look at the two screenshots posted in the forum, both of them have fake servers selected and an ip that isn't mine at the top. HT posted that superman's server had the same ip as the fake ones, which isn't my ip, as the moderators can see. Clearly my ip is remaining the same while the servers are changing ip, I don't see how that incriminates me.Tha Doggfather didn't get the Ips from the screenshots he actually went and checked them. He got two Ips, one of which belonged to two of the variations in the server names, and one for the other. He checked again to see if the servers, that had your Ip when he first checked, still had the same Ip, and they did.

What he and I noticed was, was as soon as you started posting on the forums today, the servers with your Ip went offline. Which is of course reasonable, cause how could you have that many servers running while surfing the internet.

If this isn't you, then this is just one huge [:-censored]ing coincidence.

Deleted User
August 19, 2004, 1:16 am
In my post I said that the servers are CHANGING ips, if he got them from 2 seperate times that doesn't mean they were the same all the time. Also if you noticed that I've been posting on here for the last 2 days while all those servers were still around, so your other theory has no basis. Sorry if I sound angry but I don't appreciate being called a hacker.

Hitman
August 19, 2004, 1:28 am
quote:In my post I said that the servers are CHANGING ips, if he got them from 2 seperate times that doesn't mean they were the same all the time.Ohh, this is great. So you're saying that the servers has Ip's in roation, like maps on a server? Eh...YAquote: Also if you noticed that I've been posting on here for the last 2 days while all those servers were still around, so your other theory has no basis.Oh, this reminds me of the other half of your post. The servers didn't have to be up ALL the time.

Another thing I noticed, how you joined just after these servers started appearing..

Deleted User
August 19, 2004, 1:40 am
I'm actually in Trigun as |Trigun|Yoda, and I joined this forum specifically so I could reply to this topic as this is a huge clan problem. Samonosuke and HT both have a very low number of posts and joined recently and you arent suspecting them. My post about faking ips answered HT's questions about if it was possible, so he was actually the first person to bring it up, and yet you still don't accuse him, why do you accuse me? These same hackers are faking membership and trigun servers, which HT can back me up on.

Hitman
August 19, 2004, 1:47 am
Dude..

..why didn't you say so in the first place!?quote:why do you accuse me?Hmmm, let's see.....Maybe because your Ip matched some of the servers and you didn't tell us that you were in Trigun!!!

Jesus [:-censored]ing christ, what a waste of time!

Deleted User
August 19, 2004, 9:05 am
ur kidding me right?
Yoda , i'm leader of |Trigun|.. i'm tha 1 tryina figure out whose behind all this....WTF!.. it makes no sense to start to try n put me in this little argument u got urself in. think before u start putting my name into this [:-censored]... i am Leader of |Trigun| Clan.. not just a member of it.. i run |Trigun| .. so answer this.. why would i ruin it after bringing it back? and i have over 50 people that can back me up with anything u got to say...stop bein dumb!
makes no [:-censored]in sense!

Hitman
August 19, 2004, 12:35 pm
..are you asking me that question? Oo

Deleted User
August 19, 2004, 8:48 pm
HT I was not accusing you of doing it, I was just asking why hes accusing me, which seems to be cleared up.

Samonosuke
August 21, 2004, 7:07 pm
Well we cant really rule Yoda out as being the person flooding the [:-censored]ing lobby with all these servers, one of our members successfully lagged and shutdown some of the servers, but of course, they jsut came back up the next day, i dont think we should start throwing accusations at each other, i know you all are pissed about this, but we need to work together to figure this [:-censored] out. In other words, ya'll need to calm the [:-censored] down.

h4x0r
August 23, 2004, 5:17 pm
Hi, this iz yoda. u r all fools to believ when i say you can make fake ips. and lok the servs r on mi ip of 67.87.245.155, so it iz reely me h4x0ring. this iz proof and if u cant see this u r all foolz. peace, yoda.

Hitman
August 23, 2004, 5:44 pm
Nice try asshole. I know you're not Yoda, cause of two things; He doesn't write like a retard, and you're not using the same Ip(s).

h4x0r
August 23, 2004, 5:56 pm
Oh sry, I was just useing my relaxed vocabalary for a minute. Yes I am fakeing the posting ip becuz i feel like it right now and I can/ but I really am ChunkyYoda that hacked ur server. if u don't ban me now I will hax your entire server so it wont serv anymore!

Hitman
August 23, 2004, 6:03 pm
Are you using your 'relaxed spelling' in that post too?

Also I thought you said 'u r all fools to believ when i say you can make fake ips' ;)

h4x0r
August 23, 2004, 6:07 pm
O no,people can fake the ip on the forumz, just not for serverz, duh every1 knos that!

if u dont believe me there is nothing i can do about that but itz true, i am yoda and i can prove it- look at the lobby i make it say i am h4x0r from my ip 2 prove it

Hitman
August 23, 2004, 6:16 pm
Oh yes, of course. Everybody knows that ¬_¬

Do you really think we believe you? Dumbass.

Deleted User
August 23, 2004, 7:33 pm
Wow, I really hope that noone really believes this kid. If you are going to pretend to be me write in complete sentances and SPELL MY NAME THE SAME WAY THAT I DO, it would be alot more convincing. If you really wanted to make it believable you should use the "l337" hacking skills I'm sure you have and hack my account before you post.
God I hate script kiddies... they are more dangerous than real hackers because they are so dumb.

quote: if u don't ban me now I will hax your entire server so it wont serv anymore!
Maybe someone should take this kid up on his offer and ban him...

palloco
August 23, 2004, 8:11 pm
FAking UDP packets is something relatively easy as faking email adresses.

scarecrow
August 23, 2004, 8:57 pm
man let him alone he just wants attention and is bored i talked to him at a server IP: 62.111.236.163 port: 1074
when he/she had a couple of servers with the name: i am haxor. and map seeforums...............

P.S. i count 3 post wothout the not showed post (yet) he did and the forums say 2..... forumbug/a hint:
h4x0r

Private

Posted - 23 Aug 2004 : 17:17:55 | Edited by - h4x0r on 23 Aug 2004 17:41:23 | Reply Link

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, this iz yoda. u r all fools to believ when i say you can make fake ips. and lok the servs r on mi ip of 67.87.245.155, so it iz reely me h4x0ring. this iz proof and if u cant see this u r all foolz. peace, yoda.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hitman

Posted - 23 Aug 2004 : 17:44:31 | Reply Link

Nice try asshole. I know you're not Yoda, cause of two things; He doesn't write like a retard, and you're not using the same Ip(s).

---

Proud member of the L.N.A.

h4x0r

Private

Posted - 23 Aug 2004 : 17:56:45 | Edited by - h4x0r on 23 Aug 2004 18:04:08 | Reply Link

Oh sry, I was just useing my relaxed vocabalary for a minute. Yes I am fakeing the posting ip becuz i feel like it right now and I can/ but I really am ChunkyYoda that hacked ur server. if u don't ban me now I will hax your entire server so it wont serv anymore!

Hitman

Posted - 23 Aug 2004 : 18:03:36 | Reply Link

Are you using your 'relaxed spelling' in that post too?

Also I thought you said 'u r all fools to believ when i say you can make fake ips' ;)

---

Proud member of the L.N.A.

h4x0r

Private

Posted - 23 Aug 2004 : 18:07:44 | Edited by - h4x0r on 23 Aug 2004 19:14:04 | Reply Link

O no,people can fake the ip on the forumz, just not for serverz, duh every1 knos that!

if u dont believe me there is nothing i can do about that but itz true, i am yoda and i can prove it- look at the lobby i make it say i am h4x0r from my ip 2 prove it

LazehBoi
August 23, 2004, 9:27 pm
Why hasn't this kid been smothered by a pillow already?
I did some research on this, it seems that the person was using a proxy, three different IPs, one from Canada, one from the Netherlands and one from the U.K... Unless people from there have something against |Trigun|...

h4x0r
August 23, 2004, 10:25 pm
O.k. this post is not mean or sayin anything about the moderatorz so dont delete! i jus want to say you dont reely know its me , jus becuz it says 'i am h4x0r' it might b another h4x0r, u dunno so dont leep to ne conculsions~!

Melba
August 23, 2004, 10:59 pm
Ffs Scarecrow! learn to quote

[quote ]insert quote here[/quote ]*

* without the spaces

Hitman
August 23, 2004, 11:06 pm
quote:Originally posted by h4x0r
O.k. this post is not mean or sayin anything about the moderatorz so dont delete! i jus want to say you dont reely know its me , jus becuz it says 'i am h4x0r' it might b another h4x0r, u dunno so dont leep to ne conculsions~!
English?

N1nj@
August 23, 2004, 11:20 pm
ban?

seems like this guy is having fun getting attention. posting link to this thread...

[file]h4x0r.jpg,3824,,0[/file]

Melba
August 23, 2004, 11:30 pm
Habla Ingles?

kevith
August 24, 2004, 12:05 am
Hmmm I only know of one "regular" that claims Afghanistan as his country... and it all seems to fit together too well.

Hitman
August 24, 2004, 12:12 am
Nope, that "regular" is not the h4x0r guy.

So far as dealing with the situation, he's been banned, and Michal will deal with the Lobby/spawning servers, as soon as he can.

This topic has gone far enough.

Locked.