( search forums )
Windows Messenger
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Element_101
August 25, 2004, 12:51 pm
Hey guys, im sure most if not all of you use Windows Messenger so I need some help with it.

When I try to send a file it comes up with the following error message:

We could not send this file because the connection is blocked. Please contact your network administrator or Internet service provider; they may be able to enable file transfers.

What is the setting that Is blocking my file transfers!
Ive re set all my internet settings to default and checked my cookie settings which are fine.. Can anyone help?

FliesLikeABrick
August 25, 2004, 1:17 pm
MSN and AIM direct connections are a mess when it comes to dealing with firewalls. Sometimes if you upgrade the firmware in your router that'll help. If all else fails, you can find out what port you need to open and forward it in your router

Element_101
August 25, 2004, 1:25 pm
We dont have a firewall running, well at least not to my knolage.. I used to be able to send files and dont recall any changes to the computer im using.

Deleted User
August 25, 2004, 1:55 pm
The msn messenger that comes with windows isn't really capable of sending files. :O Try downloading newest version of msn messenger.

Element_101
August 26, 2004, 10:07 am
Good idea, will do thanx Ville

Denacke
August 26, 2004, 1:44 pm
MSN messenger is NOT Windows Messenger.
Latest MSN uses something special to be able to send files and it's working fine at mine, which didn't used to work with other proggies.

KnOt
August 27, 2004, 12:31 pm
Msn messanger owns you

Melba
August 27, 2004, 8:31 pm
msn messenger opens the ports FOR you

Subslider
August 27, 2004, 9:00 pm
Msn is sloooooww, when it comes to sending [:-censored] over chat programs..