( search forums )
U13, change or stay the same?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
FliesLikeABrick
October 26, 2004, 6:37 pm
with the arrival of soldat 1.2.1 and auto map downloading, i have two options:

1) leave u13 as it is, with the addition of some minor features such as player commenting and player rating.

2) add those features, and also add stuff to deal with maps. Should i start using custom maps in the server (on a limited basis), then allow you to vote on the site whether or not a map should stay in the server rotation.

thoughts? mainly im looking for input from people who attent u13 regularly, not people who have been there once or twice, nor do i need to hear why people just dont go there.

n00bface
October 26, 2004, 6:55 pm
Moved to the Lounge

I think that forum suits it more :O As for the U13, I think it should include custom maps, since they are not a hassle to put up at all. People told me to include custom maps like every friday, but I'm wondering why people shouldn't just keep them up there 24/7, since voting is much easier now too, people can just switch the maps if they don't like them.

Da cHeeSeMaN
October 26, 2004, 7:33 pm
yah get sum custom maps in it!!

bintz2000
October 26, 2004, 8:10 pm
I'm for custom maps

The Geologist
October 27, 2004, 12:35 am
I agree...custom maps can add a good variety to gameplay. Especially if the order in which you play those maps can be changed by improved voting! Even if it comes down to one or two days out of the week in which custom maps are played, it seems to me that the change would be welcomed.

Spectral
October 27, 2004, 1:11 am
option two is nice...it has the makings of a private server with a little more openness

Soulsnipa
October 27, 2004, 2:20 am
ummm u know what i want

Hova
October 27, 2004, 5:35 am
Definately option two.

DT
October 27, 2004, 4:08 pm
you don't really need the map download section anymore since of autodownload... but it would be a good idea to just keep it up anyways
becuse sometimes someone won't host a map on there...

FliesLikeABrick
October 27, 2004, 4:42 pm
yeah, that is also why i dont have it at the top of the page anymore. Its still a handy tool if someone wants a map hosted, or if they want to dl new maps to try in their server, or some other circumstance. It also lets people upload maps to the site in case they want to put a map on there for me to try in the server. I am going to start working on the site, finishing the player rating/commenting, and adding the map stuff next time i am bored.
enjoy.

Drama
October 29, 2004, 11:44 am
you could put up 2 or more servers