( search forums )
Convert all your screenshots to PNG/JPG
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
b00stA
October 31, 2004, 8:08 pm
You can use this to convert all your screenshots in the Screens folder to either PNG or JPG.
I use a command line tool called "ToPNG" (http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~tsr22/apps/) Basically I only wrote two lines of text and that's it.

Download the ZIP file below, unZIP it into your screens folder and run one of the two .BAT files (Convert to PNG.bat and Convert to JPG.bat)
The PNGs are top quality, you probably won't notice a difference except the file size. I converted 29.8MB down to 7.44MB using it.
JPGs are even smaller, but the tool doesn't support settings for the quality, so you have to live with the default which looks quite bad, imho.

Download

Remember, I only wrote two lines of text and put them together with the ToPNG tool. Credits go to the author of ToPNG :)

Skate4Razors
October 31, 2004, 8:21 pm
YAY! That's so cool, I'll download it now! [:p]

AWH_ReApEr
November 1, 2004, 3:47 am
OMG! OMG! OMG! This is great! I got so freakin sick of opening MS Paint and saving them as PNGs. YIPPEE!!

Deleted User
November 11, 2004, 5:25 pm
Nice work, b00stA. It's like my CET Teacher always says: "At some point in your life, you're going to have to write a batch file, because doing the same 'darn' thing over and over again just gets boring."

If you need a good image convertor, you can always try Irfanview.

http://www.irfanview.com/

It can open just about anything and save it as another format. It also supports JPEG Compression and cleaning, transparencies, and a great deal more.

Oh yeah, it can play videos and music, too. Just make sure you get the plugins.

Belier13
November 14, 2004, 5:24 pm
Wow !
Very cool !
I can do it myself with paint !
Very cool !

AWH_ReApEr
November 16, 2004, 1:32 am
quote:Originally posted by Belier13Wow !
Very cool !
I can do it myself with paint !
Very cool !

-_-" Someone obviously doesn't take many screenshots...

It's just a TID bit tedious when you have to convert like 20 screeshots with Paint. How 'bout you try to appreciate someones work? It's a waste of your own time to post a flame. If you don't have something nice to say, keep your FKing mouth shut. Haven't you ever heard that? Sheesh.

Sorry for getting a bit carried away, but it pisses me off when people post stupid remarks like this.

Deleted User
November 17, 2004, 9:36 pm
There are just some people who take the anonyminity of the internet too far sometimes, and have to be jerks about everything.

I mean, geez, look at the CS community, lol.

I found a neat per-pixel imaging program that would be great for editing Soldat's graphics, it's called i.Mage.

http://www.memecode.com/image.php

AWH_ReApEr
November 18, 2004, 1:27 am
LOL! Yeah, that's right about the CS community. =S
Good find. Although I wont use it since I have Photoshop CS, Paint Shop Pro 8, and Microsoft Paint (the mixture is heaven for creating/editing ANYTHING), Many other people could make use of this app.

EDIT: I think something's wrong with the editing feature of the forums. o.0

Deleted User
November 18, 2004, 2:56 am
Paint Shop Pro 8 is pretty awesome. I'll agree with you there.

Unfortunately, that Photoshop software does not run on my PC, which is sadly a sacrifice I must make.

And I've noticed a few problems with the forums myself, mainly editing and posting in general. Just kinda, glitchy. A few of my posts seem to have disappeared. -_-

Social Poison
December 1, 2004, 4:59 am
I'd like to point out that the guy you're razzing is from Belgium, and may have "accidentally" come across as sarcastic.