( search forums )
Drop weapon problem
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
December 5, 2004, 12:17 am
dunno if this been suggested b4 but if so i'd rly like to repeat it neways:

when i have two of the same weapons and i drop one it automatically drops the other one 2 which rly messes me up cuz then im weapon less and g2 go back and pick up the weapon again. This problem doens' happen with knives though but it rly frustrates me! I especially hate the fact taht when u drop/throw a weapon and immediately pick up another one it'll automatically drop that - so if i have a sniper and a knife and my enemy has also a sniper and i kill him, i usually throw my knife away and pick up his baret but then it drops tat baret automatically and i lose the other one as well - so those two bugs kinda work together to piss me off even more!

Moved to Game Improvements / Suggestions - Lapis_Lazuli

DT
March 1, 2005, 4:07 pm
still wrong place..... but yes that happens to me... i would drop my law picking up another weapon and the drop it again and then someone comes and be forced to use my deagles... and those were gone... then i would use hand to hand and most of the time lose...about 6 times i did in a fight heh
but this bug has been around since i started playing... and probly when soldat was made...

Judge_Man
March 1, 2005, 4:07 pm
Yeah, been suggested, should be fixed.

Edit: Damn you DT, 5 secs before me!!

SPARTAN_III
March 2, 2005, 3:44 am
tht nvr happened 2 me....

March 2, 2005, 8:21 am
Yeah, cos u rarely switch weaps. Is a kinda thing when u wanna get 2 sniper rifles, and then u drop one and pick up the other. I think if u hold it down too long.

Captain Ben
March 2, 2005, 10:54 am
it's especially annoying in advance mode.
i kill the guy with the m79 with the knife, pick up the m79, drop it and then get popped off by the guy with the barret.

The Grand Wazoo
March 2, 2005, 10:17 pm
Yes, this happens to me a lot.

Keron Cyst
March 3, 2005, 6:49 am
quote:Originally posted by SPARTAN_IIItht nvr happened 2 me....
Throw away a weapon, and right after you discard it pick another one up (not the same one you just chucked). Your soldat discards that also, as if the Throw Weapon button was held or something; you have to wait for a bit before picking up the weapon, if you don't want to grab it a second time /:-| I, too, hope this is fixed.

zyxstand
March 3, 2005, 9:49 pm
did it ever happen to you guys that you throw your knife and pick up another barret and then you lose youur original barret cuz of that problem!!! trhat should be fixed 2!!!

Deleted User
March 16, 2005, 9:53 pm
thats happened to me alt of times (the lat thing that zyxstand said)

zyxstand
August 1, 2005, 2:08 am
sry for bringing this up again but i didn't want to make a new topic:

HAS THIS BEEN FIXED YET?

DT
August 1, 2005, 5:04 pm
you gota ask yourself one question punk
Has thier been a new version yet?

Keron Cyst
August 1, 2005, 7:50 pm
I haven't tried this either, but have you tried just tapping F (or your discard key)? Perhaps if you hold it more than necessary it queues over so that when you switch it thinks you're still holding F and discards that also, so I'm thinking just tapping F would have it only get rid of your first weapon.

zyxstand
August 1, 2005, 9:06 pm
wtf DT - they're still workign on the next version and i asked whether anyone knows if this has ben fixed

kc - i don't switch right after i press F, yet i still lose my weapon.... i've tried everything about this little glitch and the most efficient thing i found to avoid it is to not be near another weapon when you press F...

August 1, 2005, 9:13 pm
It's fixed in the new version, if I remember correctly.

numgun
August 3, 2005, 12:37 pm
aha... looks like im not the only 1 with this... many times it happened like this: i meet an enemy, i kill him, i throw my 2nd weap away and i pick up his weap... but for some reason my soldier throws the picked gun away! so i have to pick it twice and that is (censored).