( search forums )
Ultimate Luck
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
Deleted User
December 13, 2004, 3:50 am
I was playin' the other night on the Ultimate 13 Server, when I had one of the luckiest shots of my life. It was at the end of a match on CTF_Voland, and I was on bravo team. We had just lost possession of the red flag and the blue flag simultaneously, and everyone on the map was in the bridge area.

Alpha's flag carrier was long gone and I knew we had lost, so I tried to take a couple enemies down with me. I somehow picked up a barrett on the way after throwing my knife and missing. So I tried to shoot someone in the air.

My shot went askew and hit the ceiling, and luckily enough, ricocheted off. The bullet proceeded on towards Alpha's base, and killed the flag carrier! I laughed so hard that I couldn't keep playing, and my guy was killed because of it. Bravo failed to get back our flag, so we still lost. But we won a moral victory.

I don't have a screenie of it since it was a spur of the moment kind of thing, and I'm trying to find my demo of it, but I have about fifty to sort through so it could be a while. Here's a replica of what the scenario looked like. Red "X" represent Alpha, while Blue "X" represent Bravo. The circle shows where my shot hit, and the arrow shows where it went afterwards.

If you all think this story sucks, then I won't bother to keep looking for the demo.

[IMAGE]

P.S. Sorry if I horribly spelled any words wrong in this post, it's been a long day.

Svirin Kerath
December 13, 2004, 3:52 am
i love when stuff like that happens. utter hilarity. please find the demo.

karmazon
December 13, 2004, 4:12 am
Nice story
By the way, what mod are you using ?

Deleted User
December 13, 2004, 4:20 am
Blue Mod by _z1g.

Cookie.
December 13, 2004, 4:40 am
Ahaha you lost...great story... ha ha

BManx2000
December 13, 2004, 3:04 pm
If you didn't record any other autodemos, it should be the one with the highest number.

KnOt
December 13, 2004, 5:56 pm
I want that mod.. Oh, and accidental blind shots? Aren't they fun ^_^

FliesLikeABrick
December 13, 2004, 7:04 pm
cool story

Deleted User
December 13, 2004, 8:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by BManx2000If you didn't record any other autodemos, it should be the one with the highest number.

But alas...I did..I record very many things..and so the search continues..

Svirin Kerath
December 13, 2004, 10:25 pm
well, we'll just wait then. =/

liquidis x snake
December 14, 2004, 6:25 am
Nice story, love it when that stuff happens.

I am blindsh0t pro.

Svirin Kerath
December 14, 2004, 11:56 pm
nothing is more priceless than randomly shooting the Barret or Ruger, and suddenly getting a "YOU KILLED *insert name*" and the inevitable, priceless "*aforementioned name*: WTF?!"

Zero Wiggles Murasame
December 18, 2004, 10:50 am
yep. Its fun to kill people at random.

Svirin Kerath
December 19, 2004, 7:53 pm
yes, Zero. and about the sig:
yes, Haro is power.
no, it would not be sad. Seed sucks.

lastpatriot
December 20, 2004, 12:24 am
Nice story, I personally had this time I ricocheted off the ceiling with a minigun during a CTF match. Got a triple kill.

Rhombus
December 21, 2004, 3:42 pm
nice, but i was wondering if you can fire while eating, cuz looking at your pic, it looks like hes doing alt+2, whatever that command is.

Deleted User
December 21, 2004, 9:27 pm
Fire while eating? Not sure what you mean by that but in that picture i'm not firing at all. Anyways..back on topic.

I've come to the conclusion that I must've been too stupid to hit the record button after this awesome thing happened. So, sorry guys,no funny demo for you..

Morik
December 21, 2004, 10:31 pm
I love it when that happens. The ricochet feature is a nice addition to soldat as it makes the game more interesting...If you ever find that demo in the deep depths of your hard drive i would love to see it.

Svirin Kerath
December 22, 2004, 10:08 pm
quote:Originally posted by SwazoFire while eating? Not sure what you mean by that but in that picture i'm not firing at all. Anyways..back on topic.

I've come to the conclusion that I must've been too stupid to hit the record button after this awesome thing happened. So, sorry guys,no funny demo for you..

ah, dang! there goes my weekend. =/

Deleted User
December 23, 2004, 12:21 am
Since I couldn't find the good demo, here's a decent won from a while back that I found. It's not much, but it's fun to watch every now and then I think.

Swazo's Moment

Crazed
December 23, 2004, 1:08 am
one word...SWEET

Jonathan
January 1, 2005, 10:26 pm
Awesome story...I love getting double kills with gun emplacement ricochets.

captainfalcon1912
January 8, 2005, 8:29 pm
Umm... I know I'm a newbie and I hope I don't ruin this thread, but what program can I use to open your movie? I'm not a newbie at the game of soldat however. Recently I made an awsome map...anyways, what program do I have to use?

Liber_Lupus
January 8, 2005, 9:04 pm
Past the downloaded .sdm into 'Demos'(ex. C:\Soldat\Demos). In the ip adress enter the name of the demo file you want to view. In to port enter 0. Then click on join game.

Morik
January 8, 2005, 9:40 pm
or you could use one of those nifty demo player programs

ThE_cHeAt
January 9, 2005, 5:44 am
Lmao, that pretty cool.

aprilninety
January 11, 2005, 3:10 am
the X's make it look like there were people floating in air...

...oh yeah! jet packs. Good shot! you didn't mean to do that right?

Deleted User
January 11, 2005, 3:41 am
Rightyo, I meant to shoot one of the X's and it ended up ricocheting and hitting the enemy flag carrier that was off screen. Not only are there people floating in the air, there's also some guy who was unfortunate enough to get blasted through the bridge and die on the spikey hairs o' doom.

Krios
January 27, 2005, 6:06 am
You know what's weird I've been playing soldat for 2 years now and I saw Swazo for the first time an dhe was a ity bity noob...I'm not sure if that's really him but I know either that this Swazo is a noob or there is someone out there with the name Swazo also...

Deleted User
January 27, 2005, 4:53 pm
It probably was me. I'm yet to meet anyone with this name. Was I just a little guy who could barely jump and only used barret, and sucked at it?

Zegovia
February 9, 2005, 12:41 pm
quote:Originally posted by captainfalcon1912Umm... I know I'm a newbie and I hope I don't ruin this thread, but what program can I use to open your movie? I'm not a newbie at the game of soldat however. Recently I made an awsome map...anyways, what program do I have to use?

Captain falcon? from the Flecko forum?

however, great story...... i better check it out when i come home...

Captain Ben
February 27, 2005, 3:03 am
ahhh, madness interactive... good times...