( search forums )
How can I tell if someone is hacking? Soldat 1.2.1
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Deleted User
December 17, 2004, 11:20 pm
How can I tell if someone is hacking? - For Soldat v1.2.1

This is a list of all known symptoms of hacking in Soldat 1.2.1. This is not a guideline by which to judge whether a person is hacking or not. Remember that lag can sometimes cause strange things to happen during gameplay as well. If you suspect someone is cheating, record a demo of them cheating and E-mail it to Michal Marcinkowski. Do NOT post about it here on the forums or anywhere else.

Recent Changes:-= Modified the rules on posting exploits or cheats that make the game unfair or ruin gameplay.
-= Added an entry for players with invisible and odd-colored heads.

Possible Hack Situations:

Switching Weapons mid-game.

Example: A Soldat running about and acquiring new weapons seemingly out of nowhere.

Firing constantly and non-stop, without reloading.

Example: Someone firing more than 30 shots out of the HKMP5 without reloading.

Someone having very little/no/very lot of recoil in Realistic mode

Example: Their bullet spray is considerably different from yours (without the bink effect).

A Soldat's powerups lasting for longer than usual

Example: Usually, powerups last no longer than a minute (bulletproof vest and cluster grenades aside). Someone with berserker mode on for 5 or 6 minutes is a good example.

I kill this guy and he just respawns right there! (More than once)

Example: A Soldat just rushed your base, and you killed him. A few seconds later, he reappears and attacks you again. You manage to kill him. He reappears again, and so on. This is often a reoccuring factor. Lag can cause this effect as well, though lag does not cause it to occur repeatedly.

This guy is unaffected by bullet time!?

Example: In Bullet Time, everyone's actions are slowed down, and you notice someone moving at full speed during bullet time.

This guy just jumped clear across the map!?!

Example: A Soldat keeps jumping 10-20 times his height into the air and disappearing sporadically, without using the M79 trick or grenade-jumping.

This guy is firing really really fast!

Example: Someone emptying a minigun clip in a matter of 3-5 seconds.

This guys' aim is impeccable - he never misses and all his shots hit me!

Example: You keep getting killed. First of all, make sure you're not lagging or that you're playing in the right server. Sometimes, you're just going to be out of your league and there are some very skilled players out there. However, if you see someone who's running about with their aim changing directions constantly, almost sporadically, then they may be using an Aim-Hack. Its very hard to tell if someone is using one of these or not.

What the heck!? This guy's gun shoots.. knives?

Example: The Steyr Aug, or any other weapon, firing knives instead of bullets. A definite sign of hacking.

Speaking of knives.. this guy seems to just keep throwing them!

Example: Someone throwing knife after knife after knife. Not exactly a hack, this is more of a glitch that lamers like to exploit. If you see someone tossing knives in every-which-way, then they may be exploiting a bug.

This guy just flies in the air, flying around really fast!

Example: A member of the red team flying atop your base and warping around, making it near impossible to hit him, let alone catch up to them.

What the crap? This guy walks through walls!

Example: A soldat running straight into a wall, and often popping out on the other side or some such. These are map-hacks, and they use them to gain an unfair advantage with the terrain.

I saw this guy without a head and I think he's cheating!

Example: You see a Soldat with all his clothes on.. but he just doesn't seem to have a head. He does, however, and he's not hacking. There's a program called the this thread for more details.

My Soldat is moving around all on his own!

Example: Your Soldat moving about, shooting, and performing actions all on its own. There have been reports of players being hijacked and controlled from remote locations. Your best bet would be to get a free firewall such as Zone Alarm.

There's this black Soldat running about and killing him doesn't get me any points!

Example: See the title. This is a long-time bug that shows up somewhat infrequently. Occaisonally an all-black Soldat will appear and begin running about the arena. There's no real explanation for the bug.

Questions:

What if I have a suggestion for this list?

Feel free to send me a PM regarding this list. Make sure the subject has something along the lines of Soldat Hack List or some such.

What do I do about hackers, or if I find a cheat/exploit?

If you are playing on a sever with a hacker running rampant, record a demo of the hacker in action and send it directly to Michal Marcinkowski, do not post about it here on the forums or anywhere else. You may also wish to send the demo to the administrator of the server so they know who to look out for.

If you are the administrator of a server and you have to deal with hackers, be sure to act accordingly and with even-handed justice. Also, server admins should be aware that some of the newer hacks send packet floods of considerable size to the server, so you can cancel out most hacks by enabling some sort of packet-flood protection.

If you discover an exploit or a cheat, whether it pertains to Soldat, the Soldat Server tools, Remote Admin, and anything related to such that can make the game unfair or otherwise impair gameplay for all, then please do the following:
1. Do not post it here on these forums or any others.
2. Either send a PM to Michal Marcinkowski or send him an email at the address above. Be sure to provide as much information as you can and a demo, if available. If you cannot reach Michal, then feel free to PM your findings to a Help moderator.
3. Do NOT post it here on these forums or any others!
4. If you post an exploit or cheat here on the forums that makes the game unfair or impairs gameplay for everyone, then you can and will be punished! There is NO excuse for not reading the rules!
5. Finally,...
DO NOT POST YOUR CHEAT OR EXPLOIT HERE ON THESE FORUMS OR ANY OTHERS!
Consider yourself warned.