( search forums )
Deleted Topic
Soldat Forums - -
Deleted User
November 30, 1999, 12:00 am

Felix
February 12, 2005, 4:55 pm
There's is the DD player in the fan app liste.....

edit: oops,didn't saw your edit^^

zoldat
February 12, 2005, 6:09 pm
weeeee. i'll use it they other DD player wont work on my computer ;)

Skate4Razors
February 13, 2005, 1:56 pm
It looks interesting, but do you have a shot of the programs looks? Or, does it just go straight to Soldat itself?

Kekezam
February 13, 2005, 2:37 pm
quote:Originally posted by Skate4RazorsIt looks interesting, but do you have a shot of the programs looks? Or, does it just go straight to Soldat itself?
Short answer:
It just goes straight to Soldat itself. :)

Long answer:
The program itself exists of 2 things:

1. A registry file which registers Soldat demos (*.sdm) to be opened with the demoplayer batchfile
2. The demoplayer batchfile itself

What happens is, after importing the registry file (you will only need to import this once at 'install'; undo-regfile included as well), you will get a contextual menu (rightmousebutton) when you rightmouseclick a Soldat demo file. When you select to 'Play with cdp' the demo, you actually call the demoplayer batchfile with 2 arguments, being:

cdp.bat sdm C:\Soldat\Demos\gotOwnedInThisOne.sdm
The batchfile just interprets the 2 arguments and runs Soldat.exe like this:

Soldat.exe -demo "gotOwnedInThisOne.sdm" 1
Thats about it.
If you want to 'see the program' you will have to download the zip and open the files with a plain text editor.

Hope this helps,

Kekezam

ps. The intent of this 'player' was to have an extremely lightweight demoplayer for soldat demos;
Increasing the number of optional playmodes (like playing speeds, having interface turned on/off, dumping bmp's) would be extremely easy to do

pongo
February 16, 2005, 12:08 pm
look: http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=18247

eagleclaw364
February 20, 2005, 2:59 pm
link doesnt work :( neither does the DDPlayer link work either *sniff*

OK, I looked at your site, and I have downloaded it. But when I try to play the demo files, it says "The System cannot find the specified path" :(( i dunno waht to do :(