( search forums )
Dedicated Server Remote Admin
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
Ardaen
January 26, 2003, 7:35 am
Well, its not really finished, and I think its still got a few glitches... but what the hell, here ya go, enjoy:

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] solremote.zip27.96 KB

New Version! Go here: http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=2180

Its less then 1/5 the size of the old one and definatly has more then double the features [:)]

Put the dll file in your soldat directory to install it.

Again, it cant be run as a client, meaning you cant join servers while its installed, only run them. I suggest you copy the soldat directory and put this in one copy but not the other if u plan to play on the server machine.

This is for DEDICATED servers only, normal servers will probably crash with this.

Commands are used as normal, they are not said. This means if you wish to run a command like /nextmap, you do not hit the talk button then type '/nextmap' you hit the / button and type nextmap. You should see "CMD: /nextmap" when do do this, NOT "SAY: /nextmap".

When you first install this it is important to configure the first admin. Join the newly started server and type "/login firstadmin"
The server should reply that you are a level 5 admin.
Then type "/addadmin [yourname] 5". The server should respond that you should login with "/login changeme". Login and set your password with "/newpass [password]" then login with your new password.

Once you are done adding yourself use the "/savedb" command. This saves all the current bans and admins to file. This is so the server can reload the bans and admins if you restart it. Loading these files is automatic so dont worry about that.

To add more admins use the "/addadmin [name] [level]" command. The person you are adding must be in the server when you add them. Admin logins are ip restricted, so if someone is using a dialup modem and thier ip changes, they can no longer login.

Commands:
Level 1:
/newpass [new password]
/srvmsg [message]
/map [mapname]
/nextmap
/grenades
Level 2:
/kick [name]
/addbot [botname]
Level 3:
/ban
/savedb
Level 4:

Level 5:
/addadmin

(yes I know there are no level 4 commands, as I said this isnt complete)

(Moved from General Discussions Forum)

snappy10
January 26, 2003, 7:51 am
dude i got it and then when i make my DEDICATED server it imidiatly crashes with no error. so i took your dll file out and then suddenly it works whats yp with your file?

ExMortis
January 26, 2003, 8:43 am
Thank you for this. We'll definitely give it a spin.

Off the top of my head maybe some useful commands would be /tempban or /removeadmin? Tempban would be if say, some Major is bugging you, but you don't feel like banning all Majors for all time.
Wondering what the /grenades command does though. Anyway, pretty exciting stuff.

Abortion
January 26, 2003, 4:36 pm
Thanks Ardaen ... great work mate!

Snipa_WarezdudeJG
January 26, 2003, 5:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by snappy10
dude i got it and then when i make my DEDICATED server it imidiatly crashes with no error. so i took your dll file out and then suddenly it works whats yp with your file?

dude it's not whats up with his program it's whats up with ur PC hehe, i've beed running a server with this for few hours straight without crashing and it's all good then it crashes but he's working on that now

Ardaen
January 26, 2003, 7:14 pm
Umm, what version of windows are you using?

Oh yah, this one does handle bugs differently. Now if there is a minor bug it displays an exception message. If there is a major bug it displays the message and shuts off before you can read it.

In either case the server is set to drop the users when it has problems, so if you accidentally cause a crash in the server it may just disconnect you and keep going, fun eh? [:)]

JayBDey
January 26, 2003, 7:58 pm
quote:Originally posted by Snipa_WarezdudeJG

dude it's not whats up with his program it's whats up with ur PC hehe, i've beed running a server with this for few hours straight without crashing and it's all good then it crashes but he's working on that now

One of your illegal, unethical, h4x0rD servers?

ElectricBoots
January 26, 2003, 8:04 pm
The ordinal 53 could not be located in the dynamic link library WSOCK32.dll.

That's the error message I get when I start the dedicated server on Windows 2000 SP3.

EB

Ardaen
January 26, 2003, 9:34 pm
Yah, it does that on windows 2k, I know. I think if you hit ok a few times the server is fine. I'm working on it but there are 100 possible ordinals and I've only implimented about 20.

I've also been told about some disconnect bugs, I've hopefully fixed them. Unfortunatly it is hard to debug this program, especially if the errors occure outside of wsock32.dll (like in ntdll.dll). Also I cant really run the server on my machine making it even harder. So please be patient if it doesnt work perfectly on YOUR machine.

SuperKill
January 26, 2003, 9:39 pm
awsome job
100% in windows XP pro

Ardaen
January 26, 2003, 11:13 pm
Suprize that, since I did after all make it in 100% Windows XP pro ;)

Snipa_WarezdudeJG
January 27, 2003, 12:10 am
quote:Originally posted by JayBDey
quote:Originally posted by Snipa_WarezdudeJG

One of your illegal, unethical, h4x0rD servers?

mmm no actually my own comp [:P]

Ardaen
January 27, 2003, 3:25 am
Ok, Well the version I posted above does not like Windows 2000 at all. I'm not sure about 95, 98, or ME, info about those would be nice.

Problems with Win 2k I've fixed for next release:
Everyone is kicked on map change
Ordinal error on startup

Any others that I missed? Any other bugs? comments? suggestions?

Oh yah, I've also fixed up the filters behind the /grenades command to the following:

The grenades command enables and disables grenades, you still see your own grenades but noone else does and they dont hurt anyone. Format: /grenades

The weapons command enables and disables weapons, it prevents them from firing and makes you drop the weapon. This command uses the same numbers as you use to select weapons. Secondary weapon is 0, Minigun is 10. Format: "/weapons [number]"

Any other suggestions? All the above will be in the NEXT release.
You can get that NEXT release here: http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=2180

TaiLS-san
January 28, 2003, 12:55 am
hmm
Strange, although it seems it installed properly, this dude is still shooting grenades fast, but now it is like shotgun not machine gun. This guy's steyur bullets were spraying, but I guess an anti-cheat can't be perfect. Anyway, my lags down because no more rapid grenade firing, so thanx a lot bro

Ardaen
January 28, 2003, 2:36 am
TailS-san: As for someone shooting grenades fast, version 0.2 should help http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=2180

This doesnt protect against rapid fire, but it does provide some grenade protection.

Gibtronic.SPW
January 28, 2003, 3:34 am
Just in case you'd like to know Ardaen I'm running it on a win 2k sp2 machine, and no errors so far.

penti
January 28, 2003, 6:40 am
just for fun.. to report bugs ;)
uhm.. when you've logged in as admin and.. [:-censored]ing around with "control" thing admin side..
and makes the admin leave.. server kicks all (crashes like you said)..
just to let you know..(your friend) ;D

Ardaen
January 28, 2003, 2:20 pm
Heh, while that message wasnt... clear, thanx for the input [:)]

TaiLS-san
January 28, 2003, 5:15 pm
oh, I meant m79, =P I always mix grenade and m79

mat
January 28, 2003, 9:01 pm
When you first install this it is important to configure the first admin. Join the newly started server and type "/login firstadmin"
ok
The server should reply that you are a level 5 admin.
Then type "/addadmin mat 5". The server should respond that you should login with "/login changeme".
ok

I really have to type /login changeme or login mat ??? i'm confused... tried both

Login and set your password with "/newpass [password]" password changed to *****

then login with your new password.
syntax?? /login [adminname] [password] ?? 'cause i tried that and it says u're now level 0 admin... the end... I have to restart everything to use /login firstadmin again

please help me out

Computa_Xpert
January 28, 2003, 9:37 pm
I think you should try doing this:

Start the server. Type /login firstadmin. Then /addadmin [yourname] 5. Then type /login changeme. Then type /newpass [password you want to use]. AT least I think that is what you do. Take out the []'s when your typing the stuff. This is what it would look like for me.
/login firstadmin (this allows you to have admin control)
/addadmin -{S:S}-Computa Xpert 5 (This makes the server recognize me as a level 5 admin)
/login changeme (This is the default password for an account)
/newpass 123 (This allows me to change my password)

(This will cause your pass to be "123")

Hope this helps

Ardaen
January 29, 2003, 12:28 am
The next step in xpert's example would be:
/login 123
And later if you quit and come back again,
/login 123

also if you want to save it so you dont have to do this again:
/savedb

Computa_Xpert
January 29, 2003, 12:55 am
;)

mat
January 29, 2003, 1:54 am
worx now... thanx... (btw.. all day up, and this evening I banned at least 15 idiots... nice work dude :)

Ronin
January 31, 2003, 7:31 pm
very nice, works great on my win98 machine so far ardaen. it was up all yesterday with no crashes, and a fresh install today. there's just the wee thing with adding the bots from the client end that's a bit wonky, they were invisible, and it seems they took the names of other clients... kinda interesting tho [:D]

salkku
February 2, 2003, 3:13 pm
it won't work on my comp...
i put the dll file into the soldat directory and start dedicated server. Then i type /login firstadmin, nothing happens...(like it would be wrong command)

I am using WinME, but it is based on 98

(how are u supposed to 'join the newly started server' lol)

Ardaen
February 3, 2003, 3:58 am
'join the newly started server': Put dll in directory, start executible, start up normal copy of soldat, click the "Join Game" tab, type the ip of the server in the host ip box, hit the join button.

Remote admin commands like /login do not work from the dedicated server's console.