( search forums )
New lobby server
Soldat Forums - Official Announcements - Official News
Michal Marcinkowski
March 13, 2005, 3:18 pm
Thanks to our friends at selfkill.com we have a new european lobby server. It is an additional server that you can use or not. Once you add it, the game will automaticly detect the faster server and use it. The new server is currently working independently so the servers on them are different than on the main lobby but they should be synchronized soon, when they're fixed.

Current list [URL]
Instructions:
- open lobby_servers.txt and below 'lobby.soldat.pl' place 'selfkill.com'
- or you can download this file (save as...) lobby_servers.txt - [URL] and place it in the Soldat directory.

zoldat
March 13, 2005, 3:19 pm
OMG i'll try it NOW

and that was why the old one was down yesterday, right

b00stA
March 13, 2005, 3:24 pm
Michal, will Soldat servers register in both servers by default?

zoldat
March 13, 2005, 3:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stAMichal, will Soldat servers register in both servers by default?

good question :)

and if it does, does it have any consequences then?

Ender
March 13, 2005, 4:13 pm
quote:Michal, will Soldat servers register in both servers by default?
I think this answers your question:
quote:The new server is currently working independently so the servers on them are different than on the main lobby but they should be synchronized soon, when they're fixed.

quote:and if it does, does it have any consequences then?
Yes you will use the faster lobbyserver automatically so you'll retrieve the server list faster plus if one of the servers is down you could use the other one.

Pulp
March 13, 2005, 4:18 pm
Do you have also to adjust "Lobby_IP=65.169.85.3" in the soldat.ini of a server ?

-edit-

Hmm, it seems you don't have to adjust the soldat.ini

Michal Marcinkowski
March 13, 2005, 7:35 pm
Right now the main lobby.soldat.pl is having some problems, I don't know why. But when it's fixed the servers will register in the main lobby and it will be registered automaticly in the additional lobby. Right now the servers will register in both only if you add both lobbies in lobby_servers.txt.

Swebonny
March 13, 2005, 7:43 pm
OK Micheal! Ty for the new selfkill.com lobby. And ty selfkill!
But a noon thanks for the dam lobby problem.

edit: what did u mean Skate4Razors? I will fix the problem :) at least i was ELT and u to!

EDIT:(VERY IMPORTANT):I meaned selfkill and not serialkill!!!

Skate4Razors
March 13, 2005, 7:52 pm
I hope your typos were a joke Swebonny. Thanks a lot Michal, I will definatly try this out. I hope someone reviews this in Soldat Magazine. *Hint *Hint

Deleted User
March 13, 2005, 8:42 pm
So this means the server is down right now? When will it come back up?

Keron Cyst
March 13, 2005, 10:32 pm
Regarding this week's server overload: why don't you get two main servers instead?

Avarax
March 14, 2005, 9:50 am
Awesome, since Lobby.soldat.pl is down atm this is really good news!

MercyM
March 14, 2005, 11:43 am
Good job, Selfkill. ;)

zoldat
March 14, 2005, 2:00 pm
quote:Originally posted by SwebonnyOK Micheal! Ty for the new serialkill.com lobby. And ty serialkill!
But a noon thanks for the dam lobby problem.

edit: what did u mean Skate4Razors? I will fix the problem :) at least i was ELT and u to!

serialkill.com ???? u mean selfkill.com

Swebonny
March 14, 2005, 4:33 pm
[quote0

serialkill.com ???? u mean selfkill.com
[/quote]

OMG OMG!! Damn damn...I am very sorry about that i did!! Sorry selfkill.com i was so [IMAGE] stupid!

NICE WORK SELFKILL.COM and no serialkill....i dont say serialkill suck!

STEELIX
March 14, 2005, 6:03 pm
Don't get so exited mate...
This is good news, strange how I haven't seen anything about it on selfkill.com itself though.

Felix
March 14, 2005, 7:08 pm
Yay! excellent! :D

MisterX
March 15, 2005, 12:43 am
Wew, very nice. Expecially for times when one of the servers is down, like it is the case at the moment. Because I'm fine with the speed of the standard lobby servers. Hope they'll get synchronized soon :)

Deleted User
March 15, 2005, 3:36 am
hahaha i reinstalled soldat like 3 times thinking there was something wrong with my game but oh well
YAY i get to play at school again

Deleted User
March 15, 2005, 3:51 am
Holy crap your siggy is huge..and so is your avatar..

Narzul
March 15, 2005, 2:30 pm
When i use the new lobby_servers.txt, my soldat f**kup all time, and when i click exit, i get a adress value error and lobby dont work at all for me, anyone know how to fix this? I really want to play =(

DNA.styx
March 15, 2005, 5:52 pm
Narzul, post your bug/question in the help forum, someone will look after you there.

N1nj@
March 15, 2005, 10:02 pm
nice idea. Thanks SK for hosting a new lobby server =)

SGT.Joey
March 16, 2005, 2:59 am
Whoa im actuallly in the thread with "THE CREATOR"
(Bows on one knee) What is thy bidding master Michal Marcinkowski.
straight to the point, Im not familiar with this lobby and network stuff and im sure my question is answered in other posts but i read them all and didnt understand. everytime i go on and try to request servers it says that thing "Its not your connection blah blah blah"

whats the problem and how do i fix it?

ThaD
March 16, 2005, 9:13 am
did you read: http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=21991 ?

Michal Marcinkowski
March 16, 2005, 2:19 pm
Ok the two servers should be fairly synchronized now. If there are problems tell me.

Da cHeeSeMaN
March 16, 2005, 2:26 pm
great i was wondering why it wasnt working

Droopy
March 16, 2005, 6:30 pm
Great news indeed.

But since it would get quite irritating to have to type the new lobby everytime you wanted to switch I guess a fast lobby switcher thingy would be handy..

b00stA
March 16, 2005, 8:15 pm
quote:Originally posted by DroopyGreat news indeed.

But since it would get quite irritating to have to type the new lobby everytime you wanted to switch I guess a fast lobby switcher thingy would be handy..

Your version of Soldat will use the lobby that is the fastest for YOU. When you host a game, Soldat will register it at the faster lobby and that lobby will synchronize with the other lobby.

There's no need to do anything, just use the new .txt file and you're set.

Droopy
March 17, 2005, 2:27 pm
Ah! I get it.

Than this is even greater news! *thumbs up*

skc.r0adkill
March 23, 2005, 12:17 am
you're welcome...

Alamo
March 26, 2005, 6:53 pm
So are the two lobbies synchronized or do we have two different lobbies now. Is it like: I register at the server which is faster so I only show up on the server that is faster and only ppl with 'fast' connections find me with the lobby? Or do I actually register at the faster server but this one syncs with the other one? I'm a bit confused there. I just think that two seperate servers will split the community a bit ...

Gen0cide
March 26, 2005, 7:53 pm
I've noticed there are the same amount of people on the lobby,so I don't think it's really splitting the community..
and this possibly means less lag.

b00stA
March 26, 2005, 8:07 pm
Did anyone here read what has been said?
The two lobbies synchronize with each other.