( search forums )
A Soldat script for mIRC
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
ramirez
March 30, 2005, 5:02 pm
The second part of the topic, the question is in the bottom of post.

I am not sure if this is the appropiate forum for this kind of stuff, but software is software, whether it's a simple script or a bigger compiled application. So I found this forum the best place for this.

Here's the script (download to mIRC's folder):
[URL]
I have tested it on mIRC 6.03 and 6.16 myself, so I assume it works on all mIRC 6.0+ versions fine, might even work on lower versions. But then again, who uses one? :P

And how to load it (type in mIRC):
/load -rs soldat.mrc

If you downloaded it to another dir than mIRC.exe's folder, you have to specify the path as well.

This is a little script I created for mIRC to ease the process of starting soldat, copying/pasting/remembering IPs & ports & passwords from mIRC/other converstations to Soldat. I made it for [GW] clan members in the first place, but I thought that it'd be nice idea to share it, if anyone wants to have it.
Simply put, by using this you will be able to double click soldat:// links (just like http:// links) in mIRC, and by doing so it will launch Soldat with the appropiate information.

Usage:
soldat://host:port/pass
Port and password are optional (you can also have a trailing / in the end of the address optionally).

Examples:
soldat://gwsoldat.net - Joins gwsoldat.net on default port, using no password.
soldat://65.254.45.137:23074 - Joins IP 65.254.45.137 on port 23074, using no password.
soldat://gwsoldat.net/secret - Joins gwsoldat.net on default port, using secret as a password.
soldat://65.254.45.137:23074/secret - Joins IP 65.254.45.137 on port 23074, using secret as a password.

If you find any bugs, or you have ideas for improvements, please share. I have been thinking of adding an option to decide whether to join as a spectator or a player (right now it joins as a spectator if you were previously a spectator, or player if you were previously a player). If you have a good idea to syntactically support this, I'd appreciate your input (I still want port/pass parameters to be optional).

EDIT. Fixed the color tags

b00stA
March 30, 2005, 5:57 pm
quote:Originally posted by ramirezI have been thinking of adding an option to decide whether to join as a spectator or a player (right now it joins as a spectator if you were previously a spectator, or player if you were previously a player). If you have a good idea to syntactically support this, I'd appreciate your input (I still want port/pass parameters to be optional).
writeini $+(",$nofile(%soldat_executable),Soldat.ini") NETWORK Spectator 1

That will change the spectator option in Soldat.ini to 1.
You will also have to think of registered users, as their options are loaded from Profiles\<name>.ini
Anyway, I haven't tested your script, but you may want to use menu's in your script (to set the path and setting spectator to 0 or 1)

ramirez
March 30, 2005, 6:04 pm
The path is set when the script is loaded (it'll pop up a directory dialog).
If you happen to uninstall and reinstall on another location, or something similiar that will change the path, when you double click a soldat:// link, it will ask for the directory name again.
I know how to write to an INI file, but thanks for the pointer.
I have the spectator setting set to 0 explictly on my own script, but I don't know if everyone wants that functionality.
I like your idea of it being settable in a menu though, and adding an option to set path there as well is good. I might also add some other settings to be setted (player name perhaps?)

Thanks for the feedback.

I did the update like bOOstA suggested, you can now specify whether you want to join as a spectator or not from a menu (you can right click nicklist, channel window, query window, status window, or the use the commands menu from top).
I uploaded the new version to the same URL, I'll maybe write a custom dialog for changing other options later (such as taunts).
Here's a screenshot:
[IMAGE]

So far I've only tested it on mIRC 6.16, using both, a registered and unregistered version of Soldat.
As before, any feedback is appreciated.

EDIT. I edited the structure a bit, now you can switch profiles using the menu, and the changes you do to the "Join as Spectator" setting will be done to the currently selected profile. This way it's easier to switch between spec/player fast.
Script can be downloaded from the same URL, and I also updated the screen.

Double post merged together - Stalky

b00stA
March 30, 2005, 10:03 pm
Nice work.
Fyi, you can use the [IMAGE] edit function to edit your posts.

ramirez
March 30, 2005, 10:43 pm
Yeah, I did edit the second post, I didn't find the button first.
EDIT. And thanks for the compliment. :D

skill
June 30, 2005, 11:20 pm
Thank you man.

-Claw-
July 30, 2005, 11:50 am
GO RAMI GO! ;D

if i had soldat working, i would try this.. :p