( search forums )
First! Weapon Editor
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
Karaffka
August 5, 2005, 9:08 pm
First and easy weapon editor for soldat 1.3 (its so fresh xD)

Screenshot:
[URL]

Download:
[URL]

Place .exe file in soldat directory, and run it. You can now edit weapons.ini. Want to save file? File => Save to weapons.ini.

Just report bugs here. Have phun.

Version 1.6 is now available!
Changes:
- Sorted weapons
- Sorted nad fixed tab order
- Added save as option
- Saving size and position of teh window
- Main window is wider
- Windows XP style interface

0xSilentx0
August 5, 2005, 9:19 pm
Its used for cheating? Or to edit it for the servers

Karaffka
August 5, 2005, 9:22 pm
Of course it is for servers.

FliesLikeABrick
August 5, 2005, 9:24 pm
dear god man, you wasted absolutely no time in making this :P I should have done this while it was still in beta, I just kept putting it off

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 9:29 pm
Could use some polishing up, but like Flies said... GJ man.

N1nj@
August 5, 2005, 9:37 pm
FLAB: make another one.

Aquarius
August 5, 2005, 9:56 pm
Wow, that was fast. Great work.

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 10:28 pm
sweet.. you should make so you can save to whatever name you want instead of just weapons.ini

Karaffka
August 5, 2005, 10:36 pm
quote:save to whatever name you want instead of just weapons.ini
Yes, i sheluded it, but i am tired today... maybe tomorrow :) Stay tuned.

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 10:42 pm
cool..
hope we get the new version soon:p

Deleted User
August 5, 2005, 11:35 pm
I shall make one aswell... ph33r

grand_diablo
August 5, 2005, 11:35 pm
nice (and quick!) job ;D

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 12:32 am
Sexy niceness. Added to the Fan Apps list, and I think I will sticky it too...just because people will find it helpful for now.

EDIT: A nice feature in a program like this would be a way of saving the weapons mod to a soldat/mods/[modname] folder easily. Automatically creating a batch file for running the mod would be nice, too.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 12:43 am
looks nice...
noone but me miss a "return weapons to default" button?

papasurf31
August 6, 2005, 12:46 am
Hmm, I really want a weapon editor where you tell it how much damage you want the shot to do (a percentage out of 100%) and it will automatically convert that into the nessecary values for each weapon.

0xSilentx0
August 6, 2005, 12:50 am
Sorry for the noob question but I cant download the new version because Im on the library computer.....So Weapon Mods mean I can make a server with a ak-47 shooting knives or automatic barrets or m79s? Or Shotgun shooting m79 bullets???

Aquarius
August 6, 2005, 12:55 am
Yes, but ak-47 shooting knives will be detected as cheat. Setting a very high value of Max_KnifeCheat_Warnings in Soldat.ini might help, I suppose. Or simply turn on (set to 1) Disable_AntiCheat_Kick.

0xSilentx0
August 6, 2005, 1:02 am
Wow cool lol.......I love you MM

EDIT:How do you set the settings up so its infinate.....I wanna put in infinate knkives lol.

Deleted User
August 6, 2005, 8:42 am
0xSilentx0: Put ammo as anything and reload time as 0. Fan Apps is not the place to ask these questions, go to the modding forums.

papasurf31: The problem with that is that the damage values on guns are not relative to each other...ie, if a Steyr bullet was at 100 damage and an AK74 was at 100 damage, they wouldn't necessarily take the same percentage of HP from a soldat when shooting them. Someone needs to do a lot of testing and work out some exact values.

Psycho: He said in his first post that he intended to make a return to default function!

KeFear
August 6, 2005, 9:46 am
hmm.. i was to slow.. already 2 weapon editor before mine :S
GJ anyway.

Mielos
August 6, 2005, 4:47 pm
You forgot BulletStyle 9 and 10: 9 shoots cluster grenades, 10 shoots cluster grenade fragments. Restore to defaults would also be handy :). Loading existing ini files , and as mentiond before saving to a diffrent name. That's all improvements I can think of , handy tool tough ;)

Karaffka
August 6, 2005, 6:16 pm
Quote from weapons.ini
quote://BulletStyle=1
1 - plain bullet
2 - frag grenade
3 - shotgun pellets
4 - m79 grenade
5 - flame
6 - punch
7 - arrow
8 - flame arrow
11 - knife/chainsaw
12 - LAW missile
13 - knife
14 - M2 bullet

I will fix it soon.

Mielos
August 6, 2005, 6:36 pm
Yeah they aren't mentiond there , but it works ;)

Karaffka
August 6, 2005, 10:23 pm
Hokay: version 1.5 is now available!

Changes:
Added Clusters and Cluster fragments
Added default buttons for rows and columns
Added open file
Added save file
Added new program icon
Fixed bug with shuffled bullet styles

Go to first post to get download link ;)

I'll be off for this week - no internet access. Bugs and suggestions report there. When i'm back, then i'll fix them all. Adios :)

Aquarius
August 6, 2005, 10:24 pm
The new version works like a charm :) GJ!

EDIT: in the bottom-right corner there should be another "D" button, which would change *all* columns and rows to the default settings. Now I have to click 9 buttons to bring back the default settings for all weapons...

Karaffka
August 6, 2005, 11:18 pm
It's done. New version 1.5.1 available -.- Any suggestions?

Mielos
August 7, 2005, 9:02 pm
Perfect :D

Outcast
August 8, 2005, 4:18 am
Why does everybody wanna make it's own? Work together and make a good one.

Deleted User
August 8, 2005, 10:14 pm
Okay, using this I created an EXPLOSION MOD. Someone already played it today? Was pretty fun :D

Aegis
August 8, 2005, 10:17 pm
The default buttons on the sides do not properly restore the bink property.

Deleted User
August 9, 2005, 7:27 am
Aegis are you the shield artifact from Ultima Online? Oh, guys, I started up my explosion mod server, feel free to join 81.198.20.95,23083 it won't be there for long, but can have fun now.

rabidhamster
August 9, 2005, 7:54 am
god i love your avatar karaffka.

anyway, although there's really no need for this prog because of the simplicity of the mod files, i like it.

the only reason i don't use it is because you can edit the mod file in dos, which is fun.

miky258
August 16, 2005, 12:28 pm
Can u add a modifiable file with all the strings? With this, we can translate the program in many languages. And a manager of many mods...

Karaffka
August 17, 2005, 4:57 pm
Version 1.6 available:
- Sorted weapons
- Sorted nad fixed tab order
- Added save as option
- Saving size and position of teh window
- Main window is wider
- Windows XP style interface

now it looks like this:
http://mardar.piasta.pl/FWE16.jpg

Go to first post to get download link...

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 9:13 pm
Idea:

A large RANDOM button that creates a random weapon file,

Could be funny xD.

And shouldnt be hard if you coded this correctly :)

Karaffka
August 18, 2005, 8:10 am
Yeah! I'll make option window with random value ranges for each property :)

Deleted User
August 19, 2005, 2:01 pm
It looks really great. It saves lots of time.
I've got small request if I could:
Would you make it somehow possible to compare configs? Like a button to swap values from 2 different files or something other that would have similiar functionality. I think it would help, when checking new config changes against older or default 1.3 or 1.2.1 settings.

Karaffka
August 19, 2005, 6:00 pm
Hm... Good idea. I think i've found the way to do it, without wasting precious space :)

miky258
August 20, 2005, 3:28 pm
Version 1.7:
-Added random button
-Added mod manager
-Added weapons graphic :P

Here are mine suggestions :)

Bunford5
September 3, 2005, 11:28 pm
I tried to make 'infinite knives' you know, throw it and you've already got another one. Someone in this thread said you can do that by setting the reload to 0. I tried that and it didn't work. Can someone tell me how to.
1) Make 'infinite knives'
2) Make the law behave like a flamethrower (tried copying the settings, didnt work)

Thanx in advance! :)
Edit : I can't make one weapon behave like another one by making their settings the same so there must be more variables involved that can't be adjusted.

Deleted User
September 30, 2005, 12:00 am
This program is very clever and unique in my opinion

Deleted User
October 11, 2005, 2:55 am
Just a small problem. When moding, after saving, the eagles bullet type goes blank.

nfsjunkie91
October 15, 2005, 11:54 pm
to do infinite knives, yo uhave to set shotinterval to 0, it works for any bullet. Also, this weapon editor looks good, probably easier than jsu modding teh weapons.ini file by hand

Hoodlum
October 16, 2005, 1:55 am
Woah awesome I have downloaded it and I am going to send it to a friend so he can use it on his server.

Great job.

Deathman
October 26, 2005, 11:18 pm
dumb question, how do you load up the weapon mods

.Loki
October 28, 2005, 5:29 am
I've been having troubles with certain weapons.

No matter what I do, Minigun never changes. Speed, damage, bullet type - all remain the same.

Law also shares this problem.

Cluster grenade bullet type seems to be incompatible with M79. They simply drop straight through the ground and deal no damage to players.

Shotgun Seems to be incompatible with ALL bullet types except shotgun pellets.

Karaffka
October 28, 2005, 3:18 pm
I think it is Weapon bug. Some weapons are incompatible with some bullet types. Editing *.ini files with notepad in the same way will not solve this problem.

I want add some extras to this application. I haven't got much time, so it isn't possible at the moment. Post suggestions here.

Is my post compatible with english? ^^

nfsjunkie91
October 29, 2005, 10:24 pm
just 2 let u guys know, the damage a weapon does is dependent upon the speed also, and the bullettype too, so as some1 on page 1 said, somebody will have 2 do exact value testing, and i might take a whack at it some day, if i do, ill let u know what i find.