( search forums )
Deleted Topic
Soldat Forums - -
Deleted User
November 30, 1999, 12:00 am

Vijchtidoodah
August 17, 2005, 5:02 am
I'd like to add a few of my own ideas and solve some questions you posed...

To help save space, we should have options each with it's own pull-down menu that has three options - Only (as in, only show servers that has this option enabled), Never (never show these servers), and Both (if you don't care either way, which should be the option set by default). This is sort of the way it works with the Players setting currently.

You could also add the multiple game modes the same way as above (but hopefully the list of filters could be organized a bit better).

As for the game type priority, there isn't much need for it because you can just click on the Game Type tab at the top of the server list to get it to group all servers by gametype. From there, you can simply scroll down to whichever type you want.

Favorites works by saving the information of your chosen servers so that you can quickly access them. It would be nice if they also appeared at the top of the server list in a different color to distinguish them from the rest of the servers.

Finally, I would also like some more specific options (not necessary currently for anything other than convenience, but they may become more of a requirement if this game gets much more popular). Those are ping and player limits. This way you can choose what bounds to search for servers. The option would have a little blank input box next to it and you could type in whatever you wanted. If I only wanted servers with between 5 and 15 players, I would type in 5>x>15...or however they do it in filters for other games.

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 5:26 am
I like the idea of the different options for filters, but another possibility of implementing them would be simply to add different 'ticks' to each. For example, at the moment, there is the 'not passworded' filter, if you click it, a check appears, to signify that you want only servers with no passwords. I suggest changing the name of the filter to just 'password' and having different ticks. Click it once, a check would apear to show you want servers with passwords, click it again, and an 'x' appears to show you do not want servers with password. Click it a third time, and it is un-ticked, showing you have no preference.

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 6:23 am
Hey Keron, I remember you (I was |IW|JwcK{Capt}) from this morning. We were in that ctf server (u13 or enesce?).

Okay, I know you guys don't like newbs(especially ones that play the fool), but I think this is really important and I'd think it would be really useful. So just let me make this one post and I promise not to ever bother you again. The third suggestion is my favorite (though I like all of them). It would nice to have my favorite servers appear at the top of the list so that I can check them first. I would really like to see Keron's idea implemented. I'd even trade HTF for it. I'd also like to see the servers with people in them at the top and server without people at the bottom of the list. I know you can click the tab, but it would be cool if it happened automatically.

For filter options, I think that it would be good if you had game modes in checkboxes and the rest in listboxes. It might take up too much space but the font size could be decreased. And once you finished setting your options you'd exit the window anyway, right?

Vijchtidoodah
August 17, 2005, 7:09 am
Oooh...I really like Strike's idea, it's a lot simpler than pull-down menus. And, as JWCK_x144 said, you can also have the game modes in the same kind of checkboxes.

By the way JWCK_x144, we don't dislike all new forum members, just annoying ones. The same is true in all venues of life. Judging from your post, you have nothing to worry about.

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 8:40 am
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about this because it might be off-topic, but if it is, an admin can delete it and I won't do it again.

Vijchtidoodah, I don't think I'm welcome here. Take a look at the Fame in Soldat thread. You'll see why. Also, I'm a bit of a smart aleck who makes bad jokes so if I stick around I'll probably end up annoying everyone. I also suck at soldat ( but that doesn't mean I can't have fun with it).

But if you guys don't mind putting up with me, I don't mind staying.

Vijchtidoodah
August 17, 2005, 9:26 am
First off, nobody cares that you suck at soldat...and as long as your jokes are semi-funny, we'll put up with you. In the Fame thread you were simply ignored, happens to all new people because we don't know how to respond to you yet.

As for going off topic: don't worry about it. Sometimes a mod will sweep in like a dictator and tell us that we're only aloud to talk about what they tell us we can, but you can always just start a thread in the lounge or PM a person to continue that conversation.

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 10:21 am
JWCK welcome to the community, your in my books any way, we all start out like you, a little unsure how we stand, and then we make some stupid comment that we get flamed for and feel bad but then everyone forgets about it. once you start posting regurly youll be reconigsed. any way on topic. yes deffintly, and strikes idea was excellent to save space. and if we opnly have one game mode tick box witch you can tick multiple times that would be saving heapsa space.

Jwck you get a cookie for being insecure :P

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 3:52 pm
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahOooh...I really like Strike's idea, it's a lot simpler than pull-down menus. And, as JWCK_x144 said, you can also have the game modes in the same kind of checkboxes.

Yay, I got approval :P

Keron Cyst
August 17, 2005, 5:35 pm
Actually, I also like that triple-check idea. The second check is the invert of the filter statement, right? That IMO shouldn't be too hard to implement ;-)

Deleted User
August 17, 2005, 8:39 pm
Taal, am I in your good books or bad books? You didn't specify which.

rabidhamster
August 17, 2005, 10:43 pm
another idea: favourite servers should be highlighted in the favourite servers list if they are online.

Deleted User
August 23, 2005, 8:25 pm
I like this idea a lot. :)
It must be improved ! ! !