( search forums )
Deleted Topic
Soldat Forums - -
Deleted User
November 30, 1999, 12:00 am

Zero72
August 26, 2005, 9:01 pm
I certainly like the first idea, though crouch would be an odd button choice...

Deleted User
August 26, 2005, 9:13 pm
Good idea. I don't know why this wasn't implemented.

Keron Cyst
August 26, 2005, 9:49 pm
quote:Originally posted by Zero72I certainly like the first idea, though crouch would be an odd button choice...
Why? Jump's already been taken! :-P

Deleted User
August 26, 2005, 10:08 pm
Perhaps a whole new key, or a big button in-screen?

Messiah
August 26, 2005, 10:21 pm
Yeah, i like the first idea but couldnt you just spectate maybe and when you spectate your previous score would stay if the map hadnt changed? But this is still a good idea if the spec boxes are full and what not.

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 12:53 am
ive always agreed with this idea, you should be able to pick your weapons before respawning too

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 1:05 am
You should'nt respawn unitl you select a weapon. If you need to press a button its too demanding

vash763
August 27, 2005, 1:51 am
OR, make the wepon menu toggle button be the same as the ready to respwan button

Keron Cyst
August 27, 2005, 3:51 am
Nah, that'd be kinda weird. Actually I'll go with Field Marshal BM here...

Zero72
August 27, 2005, 4:04 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by Zero72I certainly like the first idea, though crouch would be an odd button choice...
Why? Jump's already been taken! :-P
...Huh?

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 4:04 am
why press ready to respawn? just click a weapon and you respawn

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 5:41 am
Well, some people toggle the weapon menu so that they bypass it completely. My chainsaw profile, Stanley Decker, does that.

Keron Cyst
August 27, 2005, 7:30 am
quote:Originally posted by Zero72quote:Originally posted by Keron Cystquote:Originally posted by Zero72I certainly like the first idea, though crouch would be an odd button choice...Why? Jump's already been taken! :-P...Huh?
What I'm saying is is this: why not crouch? What's wrong with pushing S, or the down arrow? I mean, jump's already being used by Spectator Mode. What, you want it as Move Left or somethin'?

@dascoo: "Ready to Respawn" is just text that replaces the second-counter after it reaches 0.0 seconds. You don't press it...

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 7:46 am
I think you should just have to click your mouse button after you get the "ready to respawn" message.

Zero72
August 27, 2005, 9:46 am
quote:Originally posted by Keron CystI mean, jump's already being used by Spectator Mode.
Ah, that's right. My bad. Relax.

m00`
August 27, 2005, 10:00 am
how about using shoot button, duh

Deleted User
August 27, 2005, 10:30 am
I like the Ready to Respawn idea.

DeMonIc
August 27, 2005, 5:25 pm
Really, I think it's unneeded. We'd be better off with being able to switch to spectators from in-game, and that Soldat saving ones scores even he if he leaves and comes back.

My reason is simple: in clanwars, this might get in the way. I mean, it's basically +1 click there, and on smaller maps, you die quite a lot, and you'd get frustrated for having to always click to respawn, or push the down button.

As for the invincibility on respawn: It's pretty much fine now. You can "jump out" of respawn, and seek cover quite fast, and this wouldn't solve the serious spawn kill issues, like on Voland.

sande24
August 27, 2005, 5:54 pm
hmm you can maybe switch the RTR on/off in the options menu if u like it? i like it...

August 28, 2005, 4:24 am
Switch to spectator= good idea. Scout out the flagger before you go. Allow planned attacks. Also, maybe it should be invisible when you respawn, so no more spawners.

Deleted User
August 29, 2005, 12:21 am
I think it could be a good idea... Sometimes you accidentally choose the wrong weapon and can't change back because respawn is too short, too. This'd fix that.

tRaQs
August 29, 2005, 5:40 pm
definitely, this would help tone down on spawn campers as well.
There should just be an on screen button that says "I'm ready"

a-4-year-old
August 29, 2005, 5:59 pm
just click... easy! good idea (again)

Fire Fox
August 29, 2005, 9:06 pm
Yea... good idea but Mmm i dont really think it would work out

Keron Cyst
August 30, 2005, 1:51 am
And why not? I think it'd be quite easy to adjust to.

ugapa
September 2, 2005, 4:17 am
it could be abused and you could choose when to respawn just to knife the enemy as he comes to your flag :\

dr.ON
September 2, 2005, 8:57 pm
I think that idea is bad.
only n00bs can't joice their weapon ,before they spawn, even if spawn time is 0 sec.
Good players just do faster this. So if it will be in game than pros wont have ability of owning n00bs so hard. BUT! It's nice idea for ctf , cuz in ctf players dont spawn randomly like in dm, so one d00d with barret/m79/knife/law can spawnkill everyone, even a very good player.

Keron Cyst
September 3, 2005, 3:56 pm
quote:Originally posted by ugapait could be abused and you could choose when to respawn just to knife the enemy as he comes to your flag :\
Bah. That virtually already happens anyways :-P

Rune
September 3, 2005, 10:24 pm
This is a really bad idea, because of the things Demonic has already said.

Being able to join spectators from ingame, and not having to do /setteam5 player, would be useful though.

Keron Cyst
October 26, 2005, 6:33 pm
*bumpity*

Fine. Here's an idea: black out the screen when it says "Ready to Respawn." That way you can't cheat because you don't know if enemies are coming, or when to respawn. Eh?

Stern
October 26, 2005, 9:26 pm
That would help with cheap kills. Either that or if you wait for more than 3 seconds before pressing the button, you can't immediately shoot. Also, why not give the spacebar a practical purpose? It could be used for respawning.

afly
October 26, 2005, 9:33 pm
Not a Bad Idea, but the server better be able to have it on/off. Becouse in RS I see people waiting for the enemy to come close, or grab flag then spawning and chasing then when invis wears off shooting them. I guess people would learn to always watch their back though, so thats not a bad idea actually.