( search forums )
CTF_No_Way_Out
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
White
November 18, 2005, 11:41 pm
This is a Capture the flag map. The red and blue flags are located just ouside the screenshot. I would like to try it out online, but do not have the proper computer for hosting. Also, It is not waypointed. I am willing to let anybody modify it under one condition. That condition is that it must follow the following guidelines. It is also ideal for death match, but does not have any programmed respawn points (except for the ones for capture the flag).

1. It must be the same layout as the current map
2. It must be an indoor theme [that means no plant life]
3. The yellow stripe on the lower right-hand-side polygon stays
4. modifier must post when done

Also, This map is ideal for 32 players.
[IMAGE]
btw: I don not know how to upload the map to this forum, so any interested modifiers post here and include a method to transfer the file.

Soulsnipa
November 18, 2005, 11:46 pm
Information:http://sml.u13.net/index.php?p=mapinfo&map_name=No+Way+Out

Download: http://sml.u13.net/index.php?p=mapdl&map=2

Thanks for using SML! This map deserves a 10/10 because it was the first map not uploaded by me!

Deleted User
November 18, 2005, 11:56 pm
I dont think anyones going to modify this...

Try shading, maybe?

Soulsnipa
November 18, 2005, 11:58 pm
if you didnt use polyworks, you should try that out instead. Also give it some background color. Smooth the edges as well there should be more than 30 triangles. Connect ALL the vertices so there are no look hanging ones and ur map will do well.

STEELIX
November 19, 2005, 12:13 am
Also, try making a plan before starting...

Deleted User
November 19, 2005, 1:28 am
Holy crap, me likie! Lol. Piece of art.

numgun
November 19, 2005, 3:22 pm
hmm... picasso i presume? Pablo Picasso?

zaraza
November 19, 2005, 3:30 pm
who knows? Maybe "little" rounding.. And with changed background.. And some shading...

...Could be playable

Veritas
November 19, 2005, 5:14 pm
Looks like a typical Picasso painting, just without the colours.

STEELIX
November 19, 2005, 10:45 pm
Yeah, only more random and uninspired.

Raptor
November 21, 2005, 4:35 pm
Have you read the Map Maker manual?

.Loki
November 22, 2005, 12:43 am
No offense, but I could probably [CENSORED] this out. No scenery, shading, background color, sense of gameplay, or originality.

But hey, I've seen worse. Keep at it. Also, read the tutorials; they help out a lot.

And remember, if it takes you under an hour to make a map, it probably isn't going to be that great.

Deleted User
November 22, 2005, 2:58 am
And if it takes you under 5 minutes to make one it definately isn't that great.

Keep at it though, but make your maps have less paths.

nfsjunkie91
November 22, 2005, 6:47 pm
ohhhh... i know! ill make a maze map out of this! looks ok gameplay wise, but not sure i would want to look at it with that brite white background, my eyes might burn! :P

Deleted User
November 23, 2005, 1:11 am
white, i would rip this apart and throw it in thew bin but if i did it would be an improvement. scrap it and start again. its a piece of crap

rabidhamster
November 23, 2005, 7:44 pm
quote:Originally posted by WhiteI would like to try it out online, but do not have the proper computer for hosting.
do you mean you have dialup? if so, i host all the time. sure, people never last more than three minutes on it before leaving, but hey, it still works.

and i might modify it, if you post in this thread again.