( search forums )
To those who are already complaining
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
The Geologist
December 9, 2005, 11:26 pm
Greetings fellow forumers. With the recent 1.3.1 release we once again get to delve into the ever entertaining time of mindless cussing, whining, banter, and claims that the beta team managed to screw up everything everything yet again. But lo, all is not lost. For those people who feel that in the 20-30 minutes they've taken to test out 1.3.1 and think that they now have a professional authority on everything to the point where they rant and swear like idiots (I'm talking about you Yakirx), I have one thing to say: [CENSORED] off!

Seriously. Opinions like that don't help the community and they're not needed. Every time a new version is released there are warnings of "Play it for a week, it takes time to get used to new changes"...but no, because some people can't jump right into a game and have problems dealing with change it's a sin in the eyes of God! To hell with the beta team, you must all be a bunch of [CENSORED]ing morons, you screwed up my precious game, [CENSORED] you [CENSORED] you [CENSORED] you!! Hate hate hate!!

If you find yourself saying that then just leave. Leave now, because the beta team will continue to strive to improve this game for YOUR sake. Leave now to seek better grammar lessons so that every sentance doesn't revolve around the word [CENSORED]. Leave now so that you don't further tarnish any reputation you might have with the image that you're a prick who took half an hour to test a game just to come back and [CENSORED] at people he doesn't know. The world doesn't revolve around YOU, and the beta team did not get together and desice what was best for YOU. They decided through many meetings and much gameplay what options worked and what options did not. They considered the reaction of the community, not just one angry prick with an attitude problem.

Take the time to really test this new version out to see all of the differences. But if you can't be bothered, then don't expect to get any serious replies around here. There's no excuse for what people like Yakirx, those before him, and those after him shall come in here and do. IMO you're neither needed nor wanted with a mouth and attitude like that. Go play CS.

Edit: If you think your curse-ridden replies are considered constructive, think again. Drop the attitude and clean things up, present your problems in a logical, level headed manner and maybe, just maybe, you might get more worthwhile feedback.

Edit 2: :P psycho

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 11:30 pm
fu u screwed up everything [CENSORED]ing[CENSORED]

^^

Keron Cyst
December 9, 2005, 11:33 pm
Amen.

frogboy
December 9, 2005, 11:38 pm
I would seriously like to know what's wrong with this version other than, "lol knief sux adn baret wos nerfd". That seems to be the only complaint.

The Geologist
December 9, 2005, 11:41 pm
Nothing is wrong with it IMO, but that's just me. Maybe it's too much to ask for people to voice a complaint without acting like arses.

Deleted User
December 9, 2005, 11:44 pm
The only problem I have with the new version is the start up time on the Barret. I'm not a barettard but I do use it on maps its good on. I've been behind the beta team for every new release so far, but this I realy must protest on, my reason is, realism. In real life, you can fire a weapon as soon as you pull the trigger, I can understand it with the L.A.W, but with Barett its just silly. And I feel the biggest reason about it is all the people who whined about it because they couldnt hold their own with a barret user.

karmazon
December 10, 2005, 12:00 am
the only problem with 1.3.1 is people whining about non-bugs things

m00`
December 10, 2005, 12:05 am
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMThe only problem I have with the new version is the start up time on the Barret. I'm not a barettard but I do use it on maps its good on. I've been behind the beta team for every new release so far, but this I realy must protest on, my reason is, realism. In real life, you can fire a weapon as soon as you pull the trigger, I can understand it with the L.A.W, but with Barett its just silly. And I feel the biggest reason about it is all the people who whined about it because they couldnt hold their own with a barret user.

dont u think its stupid when people use the barret as a railgun? thats why the barret was nerfed so much, if people would've used it a lot less then this wouldnt've happened, its all the barrettards fought in the end, so they shouldnt put the blame on the beta testers, but blame it on their self

vash763
December 10, 2005, 12:26 am

and I agree with m00`

Keron Cyst
December 10, 2005, 12:28 am
Hum. Has the beta team ever tried just decreasing speed a li'l more, or Damage (not so that it loses the one-hit kill ability but so that blind shots aren't as lethal)?

frogboy
December 10, 2005, 1:04 am
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BM but this I realy must protest on, my reason is, realism.

You ever seen a guy fly around with jetboots? Seen someone fire a minigun without much recoil? Seen someone roll around with a chainsaw and not get hurt? Seen someone fire a grenade launcher below them and fly up in the air, land and not die?
My point is, Soldat is not meant to be realistic. Many people think the Barret is fine now.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 1:12 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboyquote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BM but this I realy must protest on, my reason is, realism.

You ever seen a guy fly around with jetboots? Seen someone fire a minigun without much recoil? Seen someone roll around with a chainsaw and not get hurt? Seen someone fire a grenade launcher below them and fly up in the air, land and not die?
My point is, Soldat is not meant to be realistic. Many people think the Barret is fine now.

*sigh* I knew somone would say somthing like that, forget it. I brought my point across in a normal peacfull fashion and you primitive monkeys still shot it down. W/e, I wont be posting in this thread anymore

The Geologist
December 10, 2005, 1:19 am
His point was a perfectly valid comment on your arguement. Don't cry about it just because someone thinks differently.

karmazon
December 10, 2005, 1:33 am
Don't cry field marshall, frogboy is right

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 1:35 am
I am not crying, good grief, also My name is spelled with one L. For some reason I remeber reading another more offensive line in frogboys post, but I re read it and its not there. . .go figure. Anyhoo, sorry if there's any misunderstandings with that. I feel a little light headed :p

karmazon
December 10, 2005, 1:43 am
Originally posted by Field Marshal BMquote: W/e, I wont be posting in this thread anymore

Vijchtidoodah
December 10, 2005, 2:09 am
Don't be a [CENSORED], karmazon...

LazehBoi
December 10, 2005, 2:48 am
You're wasting your breath, Vijcht.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 2:59 am
why are there realistc weapons in soldat then?

Maxx
December 10, 2005, 3:30 am
I don't go on these forums for one day and I miss something.

EDIT: I feel like a disoriented retard when I throw the new knife, though, of course, I suppose i'll get used to it.

Elephant_Hunter
December 10, 2005, 8:03 am
quote:Originally posted by The Geologist
Edit: If you think your curse-ridden replies are considered constructive, think again. Drop the attitude and clean things up, present your problems in a logical, level headed manner and maybe, just maybe, you might get more worthwhile feedback.

I would have quoted your entire post, but that wouldn't have been constructive.

karmazon
December 10, 2005, 8:05 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahDon't be a [CENSORED], karmazon...

:D

Dowhook
December 10, 2005, 8:38 am
But WHY knife? ;_;

The Geologist
December 10, 2005, 9:16 am
Because you touch yourself at night.

Deleted User
December 10, 2005, 9:29 am
[CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED] [CENSORED]

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 11:23 am
You only needed 18 more smilies to make a [CENSORED] box :D

Deleted User
December 11, 2005, 11:58 am
quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahDon't be a [CENSORED], karmazon...

to late..

Jap_man
December 12, 2005, 8:28 am
quote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMThe only problem I have with the new version is the start up time on the Barret. I'm not a barettard but I do use it on maps its good on. I've been behind the beta team for every new release so far, but this I realy must protest on, my reason is, realism. In real life, you can fire a weapon as soon as you pull the trigger, I can understand it with the L.A.W, but with Barett its just silly. And I feel the biggest reason about it is all the people who whined about it because they couldnt hold their own with a barret user.

Perhaps you should be more greatful, considering Michal is more interested in balancing out the weapons settings and making the game funnner and even for more people, than keeping the realism in Soldat. Also if you are so interested in keeping the realism in Soldat you would have pointed out that the Barret M82A1 is actually a semi-automatic rifle and that the firing intervals between the shots are much too long. But of course that is ridiculous isn't it, because then the entire weapons balance would simply crumble.

Nruan
December 12, 2005, 9:29 am
quote:Originally posted by Jap_manquote:Originally posted by Field Marshal BMThe only problem I have with the new version is the start up time on the Barret. I'm not a barettard but I do use it on maps its good on. I've been behind the beta team for every new release so far, but this I realy must protest on, my reason is, realism. In real life, you can fire a weapon as soon as you pull the trigger, I can understand it with the L.A.W, but with Barett its just silly. And I feel the biggest reason about it is all the people who whined about it because they couldnt hold their own with a barret user.

Perhaps you should be more greatful, considering Michal is more interested in balancing out the weapons settings and making the game funnner and even for more people, than keeping the realism in Soldat. Also if you are so interested in keeping the realism in Soldat you would have pointed out that the Barret M82A1 is actually a semi-automatic rifle and that the firing intervals between the shots are much too long. But of course that is ridiculous isn't it, because then the entire weapons balance would simply crumble.

Yea, Michal my probably make the game fairer and funnier for people. But for those out there that like a more realistic and serious attempt at the game like myself, we use mods and stuff. So like thats why people don't call the 8th weapon down the primary weapon list the Barret M82A1. Still, I dunno why they needed to change the barrett and the knife...

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 11:16 am
I've tested it out, and I can only say... you're not going to get a perfect balance by just whacking a start up time on an over powered weapon.

Deleted User
December 14, 2005, 12:25 pm
they should put a start time on all the guns, then everyone will leave soldat