( search forums )
Weird IE screen popin up when soldat loads
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
GAMEOVER
January 5, 2006, 10:10 pm
Whenever I load Soldat this screen pops up all of a sudden every time for some reason.
[IMAGE]

Any ideas on whats goin on?

b00stA
January 6, 2006, 1:59 am
The same happens to me.. today for the first time ever. I've never heard about this happening before.

Taz
January 6, 2006, 2:06 am
i posted this before but i guess the mod rejected it. [CENSORED].

however it also happens to me. i searched about it in google and nothing really good came up. i'd also like to know why this happens.

Elephant_Hunter
January 6, 2006, 2:07 am
I believe this is a result of the ad service that MM was recently using. It's happening for everybody, even for registered users. There is nothing we can do until MM makes a patch, or http://www.monsoonix.com/ fixes it themselves.

headstone
January 6, 2006, 2:13 am
yeah, just started for me to

weird

person
January 6, 2006, 5:55 pm
So what the [CENSORED] is this? Why is Soldat connecting to some "adnet" site in the first place, and why have I heard nothing about it before?

I'm not impressed.

FliesLikeABrick
January 6, 2006, 9:21 pm
k, people can stop posting to say "yeah me too!"

it obviously happens for everyone, and i had the same theory as Elephant Hunter that it is because of the advertising service

b00stA
January 6, 2006, 9:36 pm
quote:Originally posted by personSo what the fuck is this? Why is Soldat connecting to some "adnet" site in the first place, and why have I heard nothing about it before?

I'm not impressed.

Since this version, unregistered users get to see a banner in the start up/nag screen. Since the server that is hosting those banner images is offline, you get to see an error message.

This is going to be fixed either by Michal or whenever the servers goes up again.

person, why do you think there is a swear filter? -20 posts.

GreenHornet
January 7, 2006, 2:29 am
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
Since this version, unregistered users get to see a banner in the start up/nag screen. Since the server that is hosting those banner images is offline, you get to see an error message.

This is going to be fixed either by Michal or whenever the servers goes up again.So thats why Soldat always connects to somewhere immediately after I run it. I am registered so I haven't ever seen that add. I wonder why it's even have to download the add if you are registered.

Hopefully Michal gets over his greediness and removes this kind of nonsense from the next version or at least makes it so that registered users don't need to bear any possible add / other unregistered bugs. ;)

quote:Originally posted by b00stA
person, why do you think there is a swear filter? -20 posts.What a...? Is that a some kind of punishment. Because if it is... you guys really need to get a life.

Deleted User
January 7, 2006, 4:45 pm
Boosta, it's obviously not only happening for unregistered users. Just wanted to clear this up.

b00stA
January 7, 2006, 10:34 pm
GreenHornet, it's really simple. You can say [CENSORED], but you're not allowed to try to get around the swear filter.
We don't set up rules so you can ignore them (Why do I even have to say that?).

KoreanRedDragon, yup, it's happening for both, registered and unregistered.

Hoodlum
January 7, 2006, 11:03 pm
Hmm I wonder whats causing this.

GreenHornet
January 8, 2006, 12:10 am
quote:Originally posted by b00stAWhy do I even have to say that?Because we (also me) need to feel superior to those who cares about their post count. ;)

But hey could you give a word to those who set the rules, that cuting somebodys post count isn't a punishment it is encouraging. Because if "he" cares about his post count he will just post more pointless [CENSORED] to fill it up.

DePhille
January 8, 2006, 12:48 am
The whole story combined: Soldat downloads an ad from monsoonix , since that site is down this 'bug' appears.
Soldat also downloads the ad if you are registered (Suggestion towards MM to avoid this) , so everyone gets this error message.

b00sta: I think GreenHornet means that removing 20 posts from a postcount isn't really a punishment , not the fact that getting around the swear filter should be legalized. To be honest I wouldn't care if 20 posts got removed from my count , the posts themselves are still there ;o.

Grtz , DePhille

FliesLikeABrick
January 8, 2006, 3:45 am
GreenHornet,
yes, most of the people on here do care about their post count enough that post fines are an effective punishment... they do need a life :P

b00stA
January 8, 2006, 4:50 pm
quote:Originally posted by GreenHornet[quote]Originally posted by b00stABut hey could you give a word to those who set the rules, that cuting somebodys post count isn't a punishment it is encouraging. Because if "he" cares about his post count he will just post more pointless [CENSORED] to fill it up.

That particular rule was set by me. If someone continues to spam/avoid the swear filter, he simply gets banned. I think that's effective enough.

Da cHeeSeMaN
January 8, 2006, 6:11 pm
its making the fuking lag worse im sure of it. Well the ad problem seems more reasonable but other people be telling me its a soldat server sending a virus like wtf? is that even possible?

FliesLikeABrick
January 8, 2006, 7:38 pm
woah woah woah b00sta, don't steal my credit where it is due! i was the one who gave you the idea for the postfine if they get around the swear filter :P

GluLm
January 9, 2006, 1:34 pm
Looks like their website is back online now. The bug doesn't happen anymore (for now).
I noticed that Soldat is the only game using Moosoonix advertising stuff. Hmmm...
This bug should be fixed in the next versions though, because when Soldat gets old, we don't want to have this bug happening only because this pesky website is down (I bet in 5 years it'll be dead for real).

esko
January 10, 2006, 6:23 am
There seems to be some cencorship in this forum... All I asked was that isnt a 'swear filter' hypocrite as hell.

Anyway, I also think monsoonix should go bye-bye. Not sure what the ad is all about as it only shows the soldat logo.
Google-ads are most likely far more efficient if it has some good related links.

Esko Epäkesko
..gets all the chicks

DePhille
January 12, 2006, 8:41 pm
Doesn't have to be related to Soldat for me.
I click it anyways , instead of paying the registration (Which I can't :( ).
But indeed , google ads would be more helpful , but just the small sized ones , otherwise it becomes too crappy.

Grtz , DePhille