( search forums )
How about some vehicles?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
You Are Retards
June 9, 2003, 4:12 pm
like in halo or whatever,

you kow driving around in YOUR VERY OWN TANK!!!!!!!

or little copters.
it would be interesting.

TheKnightoftheMare
June 9, 2003, 4:17 pm
does everyone post this request?Seems no one never thinks about it for a second.

You Are Retards
June 9, 2003, 4:30 pm
sorry bout that. I just saw it now. Its not like I know ALL THE POSTS EVER POSTED ON THIS SITE.

I only thought of it and I want to share my idea. I dont take the time to read what EVERYONE has to say.

TheKnightoftheMare
June 9, 2003, 4:52 pm
have you tried thinking?tanks and coppers would be pointless in soldat.

Leo Da Lunerfox
June 9, 2003, 5:50 pm
And u say WE are retards haha...

You Are Retards
June 9, 2003, 11:11 pm
explain the reason why they would be pointless in soldat.

.FF.nEcRoTik
June 10, 2003, 2:28 am
What about instead of soldats pulling a cig and smoke, they would pull a joint? (i really like this idea) :D

explain the reason why they would be pointless in soldat.

how about u read the forums carefully and read the hundred of threads about vehicles? u would see thousands of explanations..

JayBDey
June 10, 2003, 3:25 am
They wouldn?t be pointless. The people who say that they would be are imagining ctf_viet filled with jeeps and planes and tanks.

With the proper physics, weapons, weaknesses, and the right kind of map, vehicles would work very well.

ALL of the current maps would not work with vehicles.

And if you still are against them, they could be made a server option so you wouldn?t have to play with them if you really don?t want to. But trust me, if they were well implemented, you would want to use them.

enjoyincubus
June 10, 2003, 3:38 am
There are a few ways vehicles could work. For example, on gentle slopes they could work. Imagine ctf_b2b with shorter dropoffs on each side. That map would work well with vehicles. But the ones I am imagining would be hovercraft. They would need to be. But they would be cool...

I checked to see how many topics I could find on vehicles...only found 3 active ones (in the 6 pages of topics YOU GUYS can see) and a few really old ones that were saved...so say about 8 or 9 topics on vehicles...

Enjoy

TheKnightoftheMare
June 10, 2003, 6:46 am
tanks would be stupid, the game is a side scroller.You have jets to get around.

morpheus
June 10, 2003, 7:27 am
let's say that vehicles were added. if i blew the hell out of a jeep, does the driver die, too? is the jeep now out of the game, or does it respawn? if i take the jeep and run over someone is it an instant kill, or do i have to back up over them to finish the job? how many shots does it take to kill the jeep / driver? can it be crashed, killing the driver? does it run out of gas (like the jet packs) and has to be refueled? can the tires be shot out, slowing it down or disabling it?

JayBDey
June 10, 2003, 3:25 pm
quote:Originally posted by morpheus
let's say that vehicles were added. if i blew the hell out of a jeep, does the driver die, too? is the jeep now out of the game, or does it respawn? if i take the jeep and run over someone is it an instant kill, or do i have to back up over them to finish the job? how many shots does it take to kill the jeep / driver? can it be crashed, killing the driver? does it run out of gas (like the jet packs) and has to be refueled? can the tires be shot out, slowing it down or disabling it?

does the driver die, too
Of course he would be able to die.

or does it respawn
I think respawning after it is destroyed would work, then you would only have one vehicles on the map (one per team)

if i take the jeep and run over someone is it an instant kill
I think the best way to have it would be to not allow the jeep to collide with people, when the jeep moves past someone it is in the forground and just passes the person. Your gunner could kill him if it was an enemy.

how many shots does it take to kill the jeep / driver?
Thats a balancing problem.

does it run out of gas (like the jet packs) and has to be refueled? can the tires be shot out, slowing it down or disabling it?

It cant fly. The jeep must remain earth bound. If you encounter a large drop or cliff you have to leave it and go on foot. Refueling sounds and shooting the tires sound a bit too realistic.

SERIAL KILLeR
June 10, 2003, 6:58 pm
I dont think they will be usefull because they will easy targets for M79 an grenades.

You Are Retards
June 10, 2003, 10:31 pm
yes, I say that vehiclse would be great. There could be only one or 2 per team, and they could carry more than one soldat (the ones being transported could just jump off instantly while the driver would take more time).

I think that there should be spicific guns for specific vehicles. For example, you could only blow up the tank with an m79 Or a FULL MINIGUN clip, yes 100 bullets. Also I say that sniping the driver is possible, Extremely hard, but possible. Then lets say the other vehicle is a hovercraft or copter. They would be weaker, most guns could blow them up, but they wouldbe faster and could leave faster too.

The shield would regenerate, since it wouldn't come back until the next round if blown up. So 2 vehicles with regenerating shields per round. I thinkn it would be great. Longer maps would be a key to making this work.