( search forums )
Deleted Topic
Soldat Forums - -
Deleted User
November 30, 1999, 12:00 am

Dark_Noddy
August 11, 2003, 2:57 am
I agree 100 % Adding smal things like improvments on stuff allready in the game is ok. But adding MORE CRAP like Planes and [:-censored] ! I think we should w8 with untill what we got Now works properly

juice _ box
August 11, 2003, 3:14 am
but what about missles, dogs, tanks, battleships, water, dinosaurs, gorillas, china men, and these other lovley ideas??? SOLDAT NEEDS THESE!!! NOT BUG FIXES!@@@!#@~!`

koil
August 11, 2003, 3:17 am
agrees with ninj@.
btw, juice box, those were actually quite fav of mine, except for the water (a bit non realistic imo).

juice _ box
August 11, 2003, 3:22 am
yea dinosaurs would be sweet...

Kamikaze_Ninja
August 11, 2003, 4:13 am
LMAO Dinosaurs what is this turok ?!?!? Yes bug fixes b4 additions maybe some additions like that whole wep timeout/flesh piercing/body shield/etc.

R
August 11, 2003, 4:38 am
*nods in agreement*

Haro1121
August 11, 2003, 5:43 am
naww ill take more weps and bug fixes any game can always use more weps :) o well thats just my opinion

juice _ box
August 11, 2003, 5:46 am
what should be in 1.1.6,
-a few bug fix's (we can deal with a little for a while)
-bullets pierce flesh
-dead body shield
-corpses lay around for set time period
-sg's bullets smaller and less powerfull
-auto map dl
this is just what i think would be perfect.
oh yea, and dinosaurs.

Tweak896
August 11, 2003, 9:39 am
Hey. i thought michal said he has two hands, so he can fix bugs and add stuff at the same time:P

peemonkey
August 11, 2003, 4:52 pm
wasnt 1.1.5 just a bunch of fixes, with a little bit of add-ons? if you ask me, which nobody would, is that it is time for expansion, then fortification

juice _ box
August 11, 2003, 5:09 pm
flag bug fix would be nice :)

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 5:41 pm
theres nothing wrong wityh fixing bugs and adding new additions, just let michal take his time, he can get it all (well, most of it) in there.

Cr4cK
August 11, 2003, 6:48 pm
Ey juice! I think Dinosaurs would be cool! or china men with sausages! btw what does pen0r mean..? pm me if u know

Yin_Starrunner
August 11, 2003, 7:23 pm
hey crack, pm me once ya find out!

N1nj@
August 11, 2003, 9:47 pm
1. netcode
2. bug fixs
3. alter the stationary guns

those are the improtant stuff.

HC_ScubaSteve
August 11, 2003, 11:39 pm
netcode is most important, but there arent that many bugs. im with starrunner.

Yin_Starrunner
August 12, 2003, 12:02 am
W00T! someone actually made a reference to me! w00t! j/k. i agree the netcode definatly needs to be changed, too much lag! theyre arent many bugs, only one i ccan think of right now is flag bug. altering the guns shouldnt take long at all, leaving michal open to implement our suggestions!

BHedL
August 12, 2003, 12:49 am
I agree with ninja. The new additions aren't as important as fixing and tweaking the current stuff.

Yin_Starrunner
August 12, 2003, 2:19 am
fixing and tweaking the current stuff? like what? nothing other than a couple odd bugs and maybe the Stat.s? that stuff prolly wont take long at all, leaving michal plenty of time to make new stuff... one thing i dont like though is the number of suggestions hes getting, he'll spend a while figuring out which ones hes gonna put in the new version...

N1nj@
August 12, 2003, 3:16 am
this game is fine already. nothing should be added to the game no more, nothing extra i should say.

improving certain functions in the game will be a way to go to. or mayb improving the interface maker/map maker/dedicated server.

NightCabbage
August 12, 2003, 11:53 am
"Evolution, Morpheus, evolution. Like the dinosaur. Look out that window. You had your time. The future is our world, Morpheus. The future is our time."

Well, first off I don't agree or disagree about this subject, and that didn't make terribly much sense, but I luv using Matrix quotes ^_^

The thing is, Soldat has to change, it was and is always going to change. That's just how it works.

Now I'm an oldie from the good old days of 1.0.5b (I know some of you may be from previous versions)

The general hope I have is that the changes are good, and don't end up being detrimental to the world of Soldat.

For example - I believe that the SGs are detrimental to Soldat - when used in the wrong places (as they have been. eg. ctf_kampf) they can completely ruin the game - but that's just my opinion.

Right now, the primary goals should to be fix all known bugs in Soldat, making various fixes / tweaks here and there. At least until it's all working very smoothly.

3rd_account
August 12, 2003, 12:42 pm
Yup, fixing the bugs are more important then implementing new stuff. Quality before quantity..

Yin_Starrunner
August 12, 2003, 1:29 pm
i have some of the same fears, cabbage

evildude
August 12, 2003, 1:52 pm
theres always one bug..........;(

N1nj@
August 12, 2003, 3:51 pm
this is what i mean, fixing bugs is more improtant. not adding dumb vehicle and what not to the game.

To sum up the things we talked about in this thread, i will post the list here and on the 1st post.

1. netcode
2. bug fixs
3. map fixs
4. sg's bullets smaller and less powerfull
5. auto map dl

juice _ box
August 12, 2003, 3:56 pm
yes, netcode. That is a MUST... auto map dl would be lovley to.

Aquillion
August 12, 2003, 4:55 pm
I disagree with the proposed changes to the stationary guns. Since someone in one can't dodge without surrendering it to the attackers, they need to be able to kill Barret-wielders, M79-wielders, and LAW-wielders almost instantly, as well as Minigun-wielders who leap in from above and try to knock them off. Though it may sound like a good idea at the time, even the slightest decrease to stationary gun damage is unfiestable and would render them virtually useless. A better idea would be to allow explosive weapons like grenades, M79s, and LAWs to temporarily disable stationary guns. This would leave the SG's a fighting chance, while giving the attackers more then just a five-second pause if they hit.

In any case, Michal is obviously going to fix bugs as soon as he's capabile of doing so; it's pointless to order him to do it sooner. Likewise, improved netcode has been suggested thousands of times in the past, and if Michal still hasn't implemented it then there's probably some very good reason why he can't.

For the other suggestions, I agree with auto-map-DL, but there are many other tweaks that the game could use which wouldn't be such a vast and difficult undertaking. Suggesting that all other improvements and fixes be put on hold until it's finished is silly.

In short, Michal seems perfectly capable of setting his own priorities; we can and should suggest as many big and small changes in this forum as we want, and he'll still be able to do them in the order that makes the most logical sense.

N1nj@
August 12, 2003, 6:00 pm
i m just suggesting the idea. but i agree with you too.

TIR_Blade
August 12, 2003, 6:29 pm
Ya all those things need to be fixed especially the [:-censored]ING gun bug. HATE IT! Also i dont no if its happened to u but sometimes ur playing out of ur body. Like every1 else sees u standing at ur spawnpoint when ur like behind them shooting them in the back but they die VERY slowly. It blows. O and i think he should fix these first and if he does then maybe add like 2 maps. Just to keep the customers entertained and having new fun.:D. Well thats basicly all he needs to fix is what Ninj@ said and a new map. Oh and maybe more customization of ur character would be a nice touch.

N1nj@
August 12, 2003, 7:26 pm
ya...i like that idea too. i will add it to the big list on 1st post :P

Yin_Starrunner
August 12, 2003, 7:31 pm
nice double post ninj@.

juice _ box
August 12, 2003, 7:36 pm
lol, well some one make a giant official idea post and make it sticky.

Mojoman316
August 12, 2003, 8:25 pm
I'd like the map maker scenery bug fixed. That's one damn annoying bug.

TIR_Blade
August 12, 2003, 8:34 pm
Im afraid of that so i want it to be fixed too. I always think my custom scenery will destroy my map :(