( search forums )
Deleted Topic
Soldat Forums - -
Deleted User
November 30, 1999, 12:00 am

qazwertred
December 1, 2003, 8:07 pm
They are nice when u want 2 travel long distances....

SuperKill
December 1, 2003, 8:08 pm
not AGAIN (60+ time)

CardBoardWarrior
December 1, 2003, 8:40 pm
Vehicles are cool, yeah, but I dont want them 'cause of gay-asses driving around and just smushing everyone...it would be unfair.

Then I think, if they ever were implemented, which I hope not, they should be programmed so that each team has its own car/tank/jeep/plane, whatever, and only that team can get in it. Vehciles need to be easy to blow up or disable also. And if you fall off a cliff or from somewhere high in a vehicle, then you die and it blows up. Cant think of my other suggestions right now...

eyic
December 1, 2003, 9:01 pm
Mike I never knew you would be the guy to post another vechile topic sheesh >:/

Haro1121
December 1, 2003, 9:21 pm
ahhhhhh wTF NOOOOOOOO not again

jerka
December 1, 2003, 9:39 pm
i like vehicles. especially when you wanna go somewhere far away fast. But in soldat? neeee... to small maps, and bigger maps would'nt be any fun.

?
December 1, 2003, 10:49 pm
i would want vehicles if we could throw them and kill poeple

Wills59
December 2, 2003, 4:37 am
Rather then dismissing vechiels totally, it's good to look at ways that they could be used. I like Cardboardwarrior's suggestions.

arC
December 2, 2003, 6:16 am
The only good vehicle that would work in Soldat I would say would be a Helicopter because it can hover and move in all directions, but something like a car would not work because Soldat is 2-D, therefore how would it turn...

Marry-Kate Olsen
December 2, 2003, 6:36 am
I like it, but if any of you read the interview with michal his awnser was somthing like: "I like the idea, but mabey in a differnt game.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 2, 2003, 7:11 am
dont be hating guys...i jus wanted to know your thoughts..but i think that if there were vehicles...they would only be on pretty big maps...and there would only be one helecoptor per team..if it gets blowed up it totally gone for the rest of the match...and everyone in it dies..then respawns without a hele..you cant get in other teams hele and the hele itself cant shoot...the players that sit on the side can shoot down(no LAW shooting allowed on hele). The helecoptors are behind the ppl that are on the ground running/jetting so it cant hit them(that would be totally gay)I dont really know if the person wit the flag should be allowed in the helecoptor..nah i dont thnk they should. ...ill finish my thoughts later

frogboy
December 2, 2003, 7:51 am
There
are
no
vehicles
and
never
will
be.

Aquillion
December 2, 2003, 1:25 pm
I already suggested this! You copied my brilliant and original idea, one that I'm sure nobody else would ever have come up with in the history of ever. You can find my post here: [URL]

Now nobody else ever needs to suggest this, since they all know I've suggested it in such a brilliant and articulate fashion. If anyone else keeps bringing it up, just refer them to that link.

ClanKwH
December 2, 2003, 1:33 pm
OK BUT MICHAL U SHOULD ADD THEM ANYWAY ALL WANTS THEM!!! :| [:-censored] the rest :P

Droopy
December 2, 2003, 3:22 pm
You know what soldat needs? A Yugoslavian Yugo! Or maybe a mini..

Wills59
December 3, 2003, 12:48 am
ClanKwH: Dude, that is a completely stupid argument!

frogboy
December 3, 2003, 4:10 am
quote:Originally posted by ClanKwH
OK BUT MICHAL U SHOULD ADD THEM ANYWAY ALL WANTS THEM!!! :| [:-censored] the rest :P

First thing's first: Stop contradicting yourself. Second; Not everyone wants them. Vehicles would already be in 1.2 if Michal wanted them, but since none of the beta testers have said there are vehicles, there probably wont.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 3, 2003, 4:43 am
well first of all im a beta tester and there are no vehicles like you said 2nd: sry aquillion didnt know you had posted it. coincidence??

toadsMoke
December 3, 2003, 5:03 am
(made sticky)

again, last thread.

frogboy
December 3, 2003, 5:55 am
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonix
well first of all im a beta tester

I thought Michal was only giving the beta to active people...

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 3, 2003, 6:28 am
Im active i play everyday

R
December 3, 2003, 6:50 am
michal already said he wont implement vehicles because then it wouldnt feel like soldat, read the interview. He WONT implement vehicles no matter what, and Toadsmoke can you also lock it and sticky it? cause this is gunna go nowhere since its alreayd been shot down by michal :\

frogboy
December 3, 2003, 7:15 am
quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonix
Im active i play everyday[IMAGE]

I mean active on the forums.

toadsMoke
December 3, 2003, 5:07 pm
R: I know that. This is a very popular idea, so what's the harm in letting people discuss it? I'd say that 95% of the ideas in this forum aren't implemented anyway. Furthermore, the purpose of stickying the popular topics is I don't want five or six threads with this topic. Stickying this specific thread sends the message to all others that there is no need of creating another vechiles topic, because we all know it will happen.

Droopy
December 3, 2003, 7:00 pm
I don't know about vehicles. Yes and no. I mean, guarding with a tank and making a fast attack with your own hummwe, would be cool but Soldat.. Well its soldat! It means soldier! So vehicles just wouldnt fit! With exeption of motorbike lol

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 3, 2003, 10:18 pm
I just wanted to know what you guys thought

Talon
December 4, 2003, 12:58 am
if your gunna put in vehicles, which i'l admit would be different and add a twist to the game, make the vehicles super weak(one hit from any gun to kill it), and also make them only available on huge maps(theres gotta be a way to figure out the size of a map.) i'm with what most people are aparently saying though...Vehicles would be cool, BUT it definetly won't fit the style of the game.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 4, 2003, 12:31 pm
i dont really think they belong but like with Halo they are only on huge ass maps but maybe there could be a mode for them or something?

Droopy
December 4, 2003, 3:31 pm
Nah! I think they'll just ruin the game.

NuZZ
December 5, 2003, 7:40 am
not again. BUT,
If there was SOME SORT of imaginary vehicle...? wich hovered etc etc with mounted guns... could be destroyed...
I, myself could make the graphics work. And im sure Michal could make programming possible. uhh, somethung liek an option liek StatGun (In 1.2 it will be option to toggle)... Just shoots... Basicly just like the Soldat but can hover, rotate guns round... etc
lol... Hard to explain

Droopy
December 5, 2003, 6:14 pm
Yeah!

A train!

Chakra
December 5, 2003, 6:41 pm
How about a change to the map maker that allows a person to assign a polygon, a group of polygons, or just a scenery-styled image to be controlled by a player? Mapmakers could then design their own vehicles in respect of the map.

Or maybe just automated moving polygons, for that lovely train idea ^_^

bLaStEr
December 7, 2003, 12:16 am
This got stickied [:-bigeyes] At last it was the time... Tho i really dont like to have some [:-censored]ING VEHICLES RUINING THE GAME! That is fun to play already :/

Thunderdog
December 7, 2003, 1:09 pm
Ground vehicles would be stupid. I'd hate to see one in the hands of one of the many faggots around. Helicopters, on the other hand, would be more useful for transportation.

bLaStEr
December 7, 2003, 2:19 pm
if we would have helicopters... we would need WAY larger maps ;P

Da cHeeSeMaN
December 7, 2003, 4:20 pm
yes but we could make maps like air wars just air things with no ground... etcetcec kindy like counterstrike.....or ground wars still 2d tanks lol.....but what about transportation helicopters that would be cool good tactic plus with no guns there wouldnt be assholes who just stay in them like fix gun emplacements
reply to blaster: the maps wouldnt have to be bigger if the helicopters had fuel so u had to be careful about how far to fly.
[;)]

Tweak896
December 8, 2003, 3:47 am
maybe if he made them optional, just to shut these people up

MikeShinoda.pheonix
December 8, 2003, 6:18 am
yay im so glad my post got stickyd!!!!lalalala

Droopy
December 9, 2003, 6:15 pm
This (like said before.. i think) is Soldat it means sodier!!!

It's not CS or Comanche or Battlefield!

IT'S SOLDAT!!!! S-O-L-A-D-T

Besides vehicles would lag the servers.. I think.

Squal
December 10, 2003, 3:19 am
Hmm.. @ Chakra's idea.. moving polies?.. like.. up and down. and.. left and... right ;p like.. Mario... little jet pack feul,big..death pit, so ull use the.. moving polygon....thing!.. ack nvm.. ugh..

frogboy
December 10, 2003, 4:31 am
quote:Originally posted by Droopy
S-O-L-A-D-T

Care to spell it again? S-O-L-D-A-T.

Droopy
December 11, 2003, 2:35 pm
I spelled Soldat wrong couse it was suposed to be a joke. Ha? Ha?

Back to the topic..

bornacorn
December 13, 2003, 10:32 pm
good joke.... not

Id like vehicles but only if there was a special mode and they blew up with one shot to the bonnet/engine
in a tank aim for exhaust to blow up etc

Da cHeeSeMaN
December 14, 2003, 2:37 pm
they dont have to be weak vehicles all u have to do is have OPENTOPPED VEHICLES u kill the driver and the thing stops but there should be a way to blow it up as well....

-SPI-
December 14, 2003, 2:54 pm
Now a tiny little buggy would be cool, you could run it into a wall and the soldier would go flying out. AAAAAAhhhhhh!
If ever vehicles were implemented (in some 3rd party tc or mod, cuz they will never be in this) They would require some real fancy map making to make the things work well in the 2d sidescrolling environment. The only game I can think of for this kind of action would be a choplifter type game, So I can see what they mean by helicopters.

Talon
December 14, 2003, 8:09 pm
well, heres a thought on vehicles... how about instead of respawning above the surface without a parachute, why not just have an airplane come by and everyone jumps out? it'd add the vehicle aspect to the game but you wouldn't be able to pilot it, it'd just look cool

HC_ScubaSteve
December 15, 2003, 12:56 am
i should bring back my old vehicle post, it brought up alot of good points and solved most of them too.

El Toddissimo
December 15, 2003, 1:39 am
VEHICLES ARE STUPID! all the nubs would run their team over, almost forgot, for you posting this [IMAGE]

frogboy
December 15, 2003, 5:24 am
Michal said he liked the idea though, but not in Soldat...

Anti-Commie
December 16, 2003, 5:22 pm
vehicles would rock,if they could be turned off. there would have to be something to keep people from just using to run people over. the things would also have to be destructable-esp. if u use explosive weapons or barret.

n00bface
December 16, 2003, 5:29 pm
No, that would bring in a whole new wave of barret-whores.

Droopy
December 17, 2003, 7:28 pm
Ha Barret whores! Haha! Ha.. (Cough) I think vehicles would just ruin teh game! Besides you would be more vulnerable in you're car then others out there! When you try rapeing them with your tires, they would simply fly away and cal MJ to deal with you!

So nobody would realy use them! Think about it. LAW, Barret, other postal pictures..

Da cHeeSeMaN
December 19, 2003, 7:58 pm
i [:-censored]ing have it!!!!!!!! the 2d tanks would work!!!! it doesnt need a front lol it drives the way the turret faces (like a fixed gun emplacement on wheels!!!) it would work!! really!!!

eyic
December 19, 2003, 8:56 pm
NO it wouldnt, stop getting ahead of your self thinking it would work, look get it through your thick damn head and use your brain, and pretend you havnt been shot in the head for once, repeat this: "VECHILES WILL NOT WORK IN THE GAME I PLAY CALLED SOLDAT"

And now ill explain why:
Soldat is a 2D game that wouldnt work with vechiles, i mean look at it, think about how vechiles will turn left or right? I dont think it would look good if it just flips, it would make the game look retarded in a lame fashion, seriously... and if you do get boats, aeroplanes, trucks and stuff think about how long michal will take implementing them, and think about the lame vechiles they = lame, and they would be used too much, and normal guns wont be used, come on just stop postign here you know they dont work so cant we all just forget vechiles for once? :/

DeeLoc72
December 20, 2003, 9:31 am
this is an idea i jsut had. how about helicopters that are only used to spawn players behind enemy lines or something like in that movie black hawk down. it might change the way infiltration is played.

andimon34
December 22, 2003, 12:13 am
Well,i'd like vehicles in the game,if they would be fully tweakable :P

-SPI-
December 22, 2003, 1:01 am
A nice Hercules transport flyby to drop paratroops is about as far as it should ever go. No tanks and jeeps and stuff. It just isn't feasable in the soldat environment. Sorry guys, no vehicles!

- HaVoC -
December 22, 2003, 5:52 pm
... Not another Vheicle idea..

- HaVoC -
December 22, 2003, 5:54 pm
having vehicles.. it just wouldnt be soldat anymore.. and vehicles in da game, aint easy to make, cmon, give michal a break, it would be tons of work

sativa
December 22, 2003, 7:51 pm
well i have a new suggestion how about vehicles that cannot be controled but like if u need to be respawned and it happenes with parachute u will be dropped by a plane and if u respawn on land a car wil drop u

Da cHeeSeMaN
December 26, 2003, 7:08 pm
EYIC u dont understand!!!!!!!!!! the vehicule doesnt turn it doesnt flip!!!!!!
it drives the way the turret faces!!!!!!!!
the turret can move in full circles like a fixed gun emplacement!!!!! then if tureet points left and u press go it goes left then to go right u flip the turret to the right like a fixed gunemplacemet then press go and u go right!!!!!! its very simple i thing u should comprendo but noooo......
this way the vehicule never turns! it doesnt have a back or front!! it goes the way the turrret points!
*i know iam repeating myself but eyic the *commander* no understand so i said it alot so it enters his brain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alpha
December 29, 2003, 2:50 am
ok, here's an idea, i understand why people don't want vechiels, but here's and idea
***MAP MAKER***
In the map maker you can place vechiels like flags, you click the button, it has a list of vechiels, then you place it on the map.
***IN GAME***
F = USE/ACTION
you walk of the the humvee or what ever, the you press 'f' or whatever button, your soldat them hops into the humvee, then you can use these controls.
S = Brake
A = Drive Left
D = Drive Right
When you go to turn around the car just sort of turns around in a side view, it slows down to a near stop then spins around, then goes the other way.
there could be like a mounted m249 on the top which you can aim the same way as you do now.
you press F to get out again, maybe another soldat can control the m249 or just be a passanger.
7-10 shots to the bottet from a styer whould make it explode (4-6 in realistic), you could shoot through the windshield and kill the player driving.
if you throw a grendade underneath it, it would explode or flip over then explode, maybe it could have its own health bar underneath your soldats health.
i'm not sure about it being able to run over people, maybe it's a bad idea for that cuzz yuo would end up with veichle whores you just drive around really fast slamming into people.
then ther would be an option in the menu wer you can chose to have them enabled or disabled, i think viechils would be good if they were implemented properely, it would be a good idea in a later version that gad objective based missions on stuff like that.
Driveing off some sort of ramp, would give it momentom, so if it landed up-side-down or bottet first it would explode, landed on all 4s, it would continue driveing, if it landed awkredly, it would get dameged.
well, thats my $4.87

Sithak
December 29, 2003, 3:41 am
i like the idea and i dont think u should use the car controls the same as the whare the game play controls are

Alpha
December 29, 2003, 5:38 am
why is that?

HOBBES
December 30, 2003, 4:25 pm
A motorcycle would be cool too. You could controll it like in ELASTOMANIA (if anyone knows). It could be available like in rambomatch.

Hitman131
December 30, 2003, 11:16 pm
y have it turn around at all? it would reduce lag and be easier to animate. they could just drive in reverse or even better have some kind of a car with the fron and back looking more or less the same so you dont really notice if your goin forward or not. you could have something like a really weak tank with both ends being identicle and a turret on top the you can point all around except for straight down maybe. maybe you could go as far as having another person control the turret as one person drives, but i think the first is the best. the turret could be fairly weak, not anywhere close to the m17, more like the damage of a pistol in explosion form. if the gun was that weak you could make the tank a bit more strong. if you have the flag you cant go inside the tank.

Alpha
December 30, 2003, 11:27 pm
Hitman:or when you go inside it you drop the flag?
HOBBES: Elastomania is cool :P

eyic
December 30, 2003, 11:40 pm
quote:Originally posted by Da cHeeSeMaN
EYIC u dont understand!!!!!!!!!! the vehicule doesnt turn it doesnt flip!!!!!!
it drives the way the turret faces!!!!!!!!
the turret can move in full circles like a fixed gun emplacement!!!!! then if tureet points left and u press go it goes left then to go right u flip the turret to the right like a fixed gunemplacemet then press go and u go right!!!!!! its very simple i thing u should comprendo but noooo......
this way the vehicule never turns! it doesnt have a back or front!! it goes the way the turrret points!
*i know iam repeating myself but eyic the *commander* no understand so i said it alot so it enters his brain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eh shut up, i still have no idea what ur talking about, so ur saying that the vechile would be able to go left and right withotu flipping u mean it'll go backwards? ok tell me how does it move left and right?
how the hell would it do that, an the turret dotn got junk to do with this.

and heres another reason why vechiles wouldnt work:
how the hell are they supposed to fly up to a polygon if they fall, i mean with vechiles you'd need a flat terrain, but that isnt soldat, so i suggest you close your fat-assed mouth and stop suggesting vechiles and if ur thinking

"oh they could have jet packs, oh yes thats a great idea! lets keep thinking up gay ideas so that eyic can finally listen to us, vechiles pwn j00 hax0rs boxerz!!!"

well that wont work, no matter how much you keep suggesting this fudged up idea it'll never happen get it through your fregin head, and stop beign as.sholes

Sithak
December 31, 2003, 12:06 am
Chesse man ur avatar makes me wana puke !! i mean omfg!!!

motorcycles would be cool but if they were made. They should make it so u can fall of them if u fall to hard or if u hit a wall to hard.

Alpha
December 31, 2003, 12:45 am
*gets flamethrower ready*

Hitman131
December 31, 2003, 3:39 am
if u hate vehicles so much play on maps without them. why ruin everyone elses ideas because u cant se it happening? If some people don like them play in games without them and ppl who do can play games with them. And them droppin the flag when gettin in is a good idea. just think about the tank idea before you reject it completly. if u fall off a ledge it can explode and respawn after a while like people do. there would be custom maps for them and there could be

GoldAnt_Number1
December 31, 2003, 5:27 am
Ok, heres the time for a few TWISTS on this vehicle thing. First thing (hypothetically speaking) you should never be able to drive the vehicle, that would just be plain stupid and people would fight over driving them like they do for the turrets. IF you do have vehicles, a good one might be for spawning, have a helicopter with soldiers in it (that CANNOT shoot out of it) just simply land on the ground DUMP them out and then fly back up into the air and away, and then you might have the helicopter have an AI controlled 1/2 or 1/4 ranged turret on it to get spawners.

Another way vehicles might be cool, would be have a new game type, protect the vehicle or transport truck or really slow helicopter? Get it from point A to point B. Maybe be able to stand on it and shoot from it but nothing special about it except that it moves and you must protect it. (maybe you shouldn't be able to stand on it at all.... anyways). How about hang gliders for a vehicle? you guys are so obsessed with helicopters tanks and other silly ground vehicles. Hang Gliders could be a 2ndary weapon that doesn't disappear (even on death). They also shouldn't be able to be selected from the weapon selection menu. While in the hang glider (Very small of course) you would have to be in the air and prone to use it. To steer the hang glider could just move towards the cursor, prehaps a little fuel (ammo?....?) could be in it to for a bit of vertical lift. Prehaps for a weapon it could have something with the rapidity of the ak but the damage of the hk.

Another idea I think might be cool (dunno if the implementality of it though) would be to have a platform gun/launcher or something. Two ropes connected could be shot up into the ceiling and the platform could then follow (simple wooden platform that allows stuff through but not soldiers). Would be helpful for protecting certain areas in ctf or infiltration (maybe death match also?). Or if not that prehaps a smaller ninja rope (of course like the one from liero) though im sure thats already been considered alot :\.

I'd go either way, for or against vehicles as long as the vehicles weren't movable cannons or tanks or cars or some other power item. (not that my suggestions are all that better, but at least different :))

eyic
December 31, 2003, 6:48 am
stop with the vechile ideas, no matter how many people support it, and give good ideas, Michal will never be able to even program it to fit into a 2d game without it looking [:-censored] so just give up FFS

liquidis x snake
December 31, 2003, 6:59 am
How about vehicles OUT of Soldat? The ones you get in and drive to get a life.

God how many more damn topics of vehicles would we need in Soldat? Why the hell would we need one? Why drive a damn car when you can FLY?!

Eyic is right, give it up.

Me = winn4r, j00 r teh lose.

n00bface
December 31, 2003, 7:07 am
I agree with Eyic.. no matter what you guys come up with, vehicles could never be added in a 2-direction 2D game.

and ermmm.. lxs... I think eyic won, not you. j00 teh l0s4r. eyic teh winn4r.

eyic
December 31, 2003, 7:23 am
w007 1 4m 74h w1nn4r f34r ^_^

Takedwn
January 1, 2004, 5:22 am
BlAAAAA ewww cheese that is gross i mean come on r u that sick but ne ways a veicle in soldat would be ok i guess Wait a tank would be awsome and the onlt way yo destroy it would be to shoot it with the law

GoldAnt_Number1
January 1, 2004, 5:33 am
why not with the barret? the anti tank gun? hmmm? lol

Da cHeeSeMaN
January 1, 2004, 3:11 pm
god eyic....how does ur soldat guy turn???? the gun points the way...
so samething but the turret (that shoots) points the way.....
as simple as i can put it.....
AND WHAT THE FUKS WRONG WITH MY AVATOR IT BETTER THAN A CORNFLAKE BOX!!!!!!!

Hitman131
January 1, 2004, 7:44 pm
like i said before a double sided vehicle wouldnt need to turn, just go forward and reverse. and a turret thats like the machine gun turrets except it shoots weak explosions and cant point straight down and exlplodes when it falls somewhere it cant get back up and respawns after a long time. how would that not work on maps custom made for vehicles?

chis
January 2, 2004, 3:29 am
I really should read the last four pages, but im not gonna :P
-
Well talking on the subjects of vehicles, im sure planes have been mentiond somewhere here.
But what if there nice wee planes, you would only have to extend the map a bit, and you can fly em about, and quickly turn before you hit a wall, so its like a wee 2D plane, that sits on a ledge, is weak, and can drop bombs, so you can be like "woot weeee " fly left to right , and then get shot down :P nice n simple ;D

frogboy
January 2, 2004, 5:23 am

And more disgusting too...

Anyway, I stole the 1.2 code, and found these line in it:
var
vehicles : boolean;
begin
vehicles := false;
if vehicles == true THEN
(* Crash Game*)
...so yeah.

Da cHeeSeMaN
January 2, 2004, 2:32 pm
hitman understands
vehicules goes forward and reverse
turret on top does full circles so u can shoot behind.....
ground vehicules would probaly ruin the game
BUT what about transport helicoppers
(ive changed my avatar even though we arnt seeing the same thing)
go to:
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=10065

eyic
January 3, 2004, 12:23 am
god eyic....how does ur soldat guy turn???? the gun points the way...
so samething but the turret (that shoots) points the way.....
as simple as i can put it.....

stop suggesting things with vechiles, michal will enver implement it even if the whole community supports it

Disciple_Slink
January 3, 2004, 8:15 am
Eyic, what do you think about a big plane that flies across the top of the map dropping team members out with parachutes? Perhaps it can be shot down and go down in flames and a big explosion, killing all it lands on? Or a Helecopter in its place? I reckon that would be pretty cool...

Oh, and frogboy, you didnt steal the code.. :) (* Crash Game *) Isn't C++ or any other programming language I know...

eyic
January 3, 2004, 8:38 am
eh no u tard :/
i told u vechiles wont work even if it were just a plane that drops people, that fly's accross the map, thin kabout how long michal will take to implement that and makign the graphics for it, and how about when people shoot it down, i dont see how the plane would fall and crash and crap....

frogboy
January 3, 2004, 8:51 am
Disciple_Slink: It was a joke to say that vehicles wil never be in soldat. And it's Pascal, sorta like Delphi, which is what Soldat was coded in. (* and *) signify comments, like /*-*/ in C++, and <!--/--> in HTML.

Da cHeeSeMaN
January 3, 2004, 5:48 pm
?HUH?

Gaah
January 4, 2004, 12:04 pm
If everyone wants vechiles, then go find a game with vechiles in it. Soldat will probably never have vechiles so stop posting on this stupid topics. Moderator, please lock this useless topic.

Sekushi
January 7, 2004, 5:02 am
Soldat will most likely not have vehicles, you tard. At least, not for a long while. Like in v2.3 or something (If Soldat is still r0xxin[|)])

But unless Soldat maps are made into big, and I mean big maps, planes will never be put into the game. [:D]

Gaah
January 8, 2004, 3:59 am
Hmmm..... v2.3 seems a [:-censored]ing long way off. In reply to Disciple_Slink and Sekushi about planes, if you want planes, why don't you get Michal to add Scenery Sounds to the Map Maker, edit all the maps with paradropping, and add a picture of a plane where you spawn, and make it sound like a plane.

AL3X1C0N
January 10, 2004, 9:27 pm
hmmm it would be cool so we could have bigger maps :)
so a little jeep with a stationary gun on the back would be kwel
for a second dude :)

DesFS
January 15, 2004, 6:40 pm
Actually, I would prefer to have just non-combat vehicles in the game (eg. transport helicopter)

sativa
January 17, 2004, 8:50 pm
hey thats not a bad idea;)

DesFS
January 20, 2004, 6:33 pm
You see to have a tank is really stupid and cheap whereas a transport offers a fast way for getting around but without the cheap firepower.

Sekushi
January 20, 2004, 11:55 pm
Tanks would be the new newb weapon. Too strong, both offensive and defensive.

CountZero
January 23, 2004, 2:59 am
quote:Originally posted by Sekushi
Tanks would be the new newb weapon. Too strong, both offensive and defensive.

one word: LAW

Stoned Hyena
January 25, 2004, 10:32 am
i didn't read the entire post (lack of time) so it's possible this has been suggested before.

the idea is simple, right now you can chose out of 2 things in the weapon menu (primary and secondary weapon.)

how about adding a third one... with different sorts of jetpacks.

ie. hoverbikes, faster jetpacks who can't fly long, delta-plane...

ps : how about a bombkit as secondary, drop it and detonate... bigger explosion than a grenade, great to set up traps.
(this idea doesn't need it's own thread)

F842
January 26, 2004, 7:53 pm
The whole Idea of soldat is you and another guy (s) in afight. its ur skill versus theirs. Its down to you and them, you can win or fall, dependant on your skill and acts. A vehicle would totally unbalance this. Oh look, here I am with my mp5 and is that... why yes, I beleive its a tank. [:-censored]. and there goes your gameplay.

Puck7744
January 30, 2004, 6:57 am
Firstly I don't think any ground vehicles would work, for three reasons:

1. They're too difficult to program using the current soldat code, things such as center of gravity would have to programmed.
2. They'd be too powerful
3. The way most maps are made would only allow a limited range of movement for vehicles, and they'd often end up stuck in pits and other places

Now I don't know if micheal will even bother reading this, but here's my idea:

Have a simple helicopter that's placed like turrets using the map maker, the direction of facing indicated at the same time it's placed (I.E. Spawns>Helicopter left, Spawns>Helicopter right). Then in game have a helicopter graphic with open doors and a collidable floor between them that would act like a polygon (perhaps even be a polygon), and the first time a player jumps onto the platform that player takes control of the helicopter (maybe appearing in the cockpit with a pre-drawn graphic so the actual player doesn't have to be attached to the helicopter, which could be difficult to program) using simple controls such as:

Jump - throttle, applies force to the helicopter in the direction the propeller is facing
Left - rotate helicopter left
Right - rotate helicopter right
Drop weapon - get out of the helicopter; which simply respawns the player where the cockpit of the helicopter is currently positioned

The helicopter could then be constantly pulled down by gravity, which is counteracted by the player pushing the throttle, which allows for versatile, easy to program control of the helicopter. And if the helicopter collides with a collidable polygon with a speed greater than x it will explode exactly like a grenade (perhaps a bit more powerful, but that's a detail), killing or knocking any players out of the helicopter, the helicopter it'self could then act exactly like a dropped weapon.

Once the helicopter has a pilot the platform could then act like a normal "only player collides" polygon, returning to it's 'waiting for pilot' state if the pilot bails, which would automatically select the first player to touch the platform next frame if there are players standing on it. If the pilot is killed (via the same rules as a normal soldat; bullets, explosions, or suicide), he remains in place, but loses control of the helicopter; preventing the other players from taking control and causing it to be affected only by gravity (meaning if it's high enough off the ground to gather the speed it will explode).

This idea should be fairly easy to implement (no more difficult than turrets were I wouldn't think), would make the helicopters optional for people who don't like them and maps they wouldn't work on, would leave the focus on man-to-man combat (beings the helicopter would have no weapons, and though it could be used for suicide attacks it would be no different than throwing a grenade), and would be extremely fun in my opinion. *imagines standing on a helicopter platform, flying toward the enemy base in CTF, when suddenly the pilot is shot and the helicopter begins diving at the ground at high speeds, everyone bailing out except for some unfortunate fellow who doesn't make it out in time, causing his body parts to bounce away after the helicopter smashes into the ground*

That's my opinion on the matter, anyway.

Edit:
To show what I mean here's a helicopter I made for my vietnam map:

[IMAGE]

frisk
January 31, 2004, 3:37 am
i would prefer vehicles
but make them an option to have them in the game like bots are!
so everyone who wants them in can have them
i also like choppers :)

or produce the tools to make em

for instance the static gun
ia there a tool so i can change it
like a tower with machin gun?

anyways love the game and i can see the point of others that dont want vehicles they tend to alter the game too much

Captain RibMan
January 31, 2004, 4:48 am
u would need special maps for vehicles

Souza
February 1, 2004, 8:31 pm
how about a eletric thingy that goes around on top of maps carrying ppl? this would be the only kind of vehicles i would ever put on soldat.. like on b2b, ppl would catch the electric thingy and go to the other side or half way, so that it wouldnt ruin the game

Anti-Commie
February 3, 2004, 8:21 pm
Puck has the best idea so far I think

CidicT
February 6, 2004, 9:44 am
Yes have vehicles but on in a different game mode. e.g. vehicle mode. there should be special BiG maps for vehicles as well. and may be you could have a jeep and it can fit 3 ppl in it one stands on top with the gun , and the rest sit and 1 drives. Man i dont no it would kinda kill soldat or not???

Anti-mff
February 9, 2004, 9:26 pm
Manually flewn helicopters might be an idea if it can be done. If so it should have own weapon (maybe minigun as primary and rockets as secondary?) and be able to shoot down with Law. The helicopter could be turned with the mouse just like your own body but slower and also move a bit like you move yourself normally. Running left is thrusting left, right is thrusting right, jump is thrusting upwards and crouching is braking (making it go downwards).
Though the helicopter should continue in the same direction as you were going when you relese the thrust button. Backwards it should have same speed as a normal soldier and forwards/upwards/downwards the double. When accelerating forwards it should bend the nose down making it look realistic.

Other vehacles wouldn´t work at all.

Sekushi
February 9, 2004, 10:12 pm
WHY? Oh my god, we have to actually take time to walk across a map, oooh!

Deleted User
February 11, 2004, 6:32 pm
I would suggest a jeep with M2 or else machinegun behind it; the other player controls the jeep and other shoots...

Anti-mff
February 11, 2004, 9:04 pm
Sekushi:
What does that has to do with it?

SoldierRecruiter:
It just wouldn´t work. Cars can´t turn in 2D.

AquaShyGuy
February 14, 2004, 5:09 am
"The helicopter could be turned with the mouse just like your own body but slower and also move a bit like you move yourself normally."

"SoldierRecruiter:
It just wouldn´t work. Cars can´t turn in 2D."

Can't you do the same for the jeep =/

Holden
February 14, 2004, 2:30 pm
The only thing that sucks about this idea is that

a) It will be hard to implement.
b) You would probably need special vehiclemaps, unless alot bigger maps are implemented.
c) The question, "what vehicles?"

I would personally like to see jeeps, with like two or three players in them, driving like in BF1942. Helicopters would work as well. A nono to tanks though, because I think that they would be "too much".

Just my 2 cents though.

RogueGreen
February 14, 2004, 4:33 pm
Instead of having player controlled vehicles, why not have vehicle support? Maybe an airstrike you could call in, or a chopper lets loose with a minigun allover the landscape. Each team would only have one, so there would be no noobs just spamming it, and it wouldn't be available in any non-team based games.

Deleted User
February 15, 2004, 4:26 pm
Omfg, only vehicle that would be good is somekind of RC´s, Helicopters that blow up [ maybe a new gun? ] Jeeps, Airplanes, all and you just would have to control it just like you would move with player, no need to make any objects that move or anything, make it as a gun..

Endo
February 19, 2004, 12:18 am
for vehicles i think only Player controled copter with mini on it (that over heats) and a transport apc... maybe a tank.... thats it no others...

HOBBES
February 20, 2004, 5:10 pm
All I could stand would be an elevator.

Toni_Cicerelli
February 21, 2004, 4:21 am
I have read most of this and well most of you are right and most of you are confusing me. What do you mean vehicles aren?t Soldat. Soldat should have started with them. I mean the US solders didn?t walk to Iraq. The Iraqis didn?t ambush a convoy of solders in top hats, that had duel Desert Eagles. Ground vehicles I don?t see working because of turning and jets because of speed and turning. But sorry for saying this again but helicopters. Several types could be implemented. First the Apache Longbow. Used for support on heavy assaults. Agile and fragile, demolished with a LAW hit or taken down with gun fire. With one pilot it?s little lose of life but a big relief for the defending team. Next is a Blackhawk, holding 6 people. 1 pilot 1 door gunner with a not so stationary gun and 4 troops ready to parachute out into battle. Last could be a twin roater, unarmed supply chopper. Dropping up to 8 people and a Bombay door do parachute down supplies. All choppers could be taken down by LAW or heavy gunfire. A sniper could take out the pilot and it would plummet to the ground wile the troops would have to bail.

Turning could be handled like it has in previous 2d chopper games. I have seen it done. With the mouse aiming it would be different but I still seeing it work.

It really all comes down to if Mike wants to program it.

*STORY* ignore this if you want.
The sun rose on another day, just like any other day. Outside the barrics I could hear sergeants barking commands. And then were soon drowned out by the sound of whirling propeller blades. The smell of gasoline filled my head and maid me dizzy for a moment. I shook my head and got up and got dressed.

I grabbed my gun and headed out the barric door. I saw an Apache take off just as I reached the briefing room.

"Today grunts we will be performing a major assault on the blue base, I don?t know why but we need that damn flag." the Sargent shouted. "As you may have noticed we have some new toys out there. We won?t have to run to the base from now on."

I ignored the words that were said in anticipation to get out there in one of those worrly birds. Disappointed that I got assigned to the parachuting INF team and not the Apache like I hoped but oh well. We loaded up with body armor and Nades and climbed in.

The blade whuped above and the scenery rolled by. I watched the Apache out the door of the black hawk and then glanced at the gunner next to me. The gunners eyes widened and then a bullet when through his head making him real back and fall out the other door. My eyes followed him to the Apache that just then was taken out buy by a LAW. The chopper began to shake violently and every one began to bail out. With a hand on the rip cord I jumped out and...

Josh1l6
February 21, 2004, 8:54 am
Only way I can think of to make vehicles turn is like in Metal Slug, where in addition of moving backwards and forwards tanks and helicopters can sometimes turn around slowly. Or tanks that look like the ghetto WW2 Bradley tank may look and move the same backwards and forwards, and all you have to do is rotate the turret. But I haven't thought very hard about this so don't take me seriously.

mr.t
February 21, 2004, 2:05 pm
Maybe the idea of vehicles cud be branched of into a whole diffrent game using the same engine.
that way soldat wud stay the same but people who wanted to see how vehicles wud work cud play the alternative.
I think using different game modes and bigger maps with vehicles cud add a whole new strategic element to the game.
I like the idea of a helicopter for transport only to stop fags camping in them for entire rounds.
A lot of people have dismissed it to quickly without giving it a chance. You cant possibly say its gunna suck if no one has tried it yet!
loads of people say it wud totally ruin the game as it wud unbalance the skill elemetn of man to man combat but it wouldnt. You wud get vehicle to vehicle combat and it wud be really cool to see single men soldiers taking out tanks and helicopters. I think it wud make the game more varied, and add a whole new depth to the game.

KiwiStalk
February 23, 2004, 8:25 am
If the original maker of Soldat doesn't like vehicles, then so be it. But I personally like the idea, but if implemented, they would need to be of Fantasy origin. Not Tolkien, but of Military Fantasy, since you would need something that's small, can go in any direction, has fun guns, and can't kill people unless you ram them "just right". Could be done, but needs a lot of thinking.

Holden
February 23, 2004, 9:35 am
The thing is, imagine how awesome it would be, in TM, to start as a team and like half the group climb aboard a chopper, and three others hop into a jeep and drive away. Ofcourse, bigger maps would have to be implemented, but I do not really see this as a problem. There would be no need to rewrite alot of code or anything, just expand the level restrictions. Everyone is already complaining about the 200-scenery limit, this could be fixed. Just, it would probably add more variety to the game, you could attack in different ways.

...and I don't really want people complaining about that this will turn it into BF1942, it's just a cool idea. Cars and choppers are the thing I find most interesting, and if water is implemented, maybe even boats. But that's far, far into the future. =).

AL3X1C0N
February 23, 2004, 12:55 pm
Hrmrm Maybe there should be special vehicle maps
with little planes 2
:D

CidicT
February 29, 2004, 4:08 am
how bout a bike or something small which runs off jet fuel

Aegis
February 29, 2004, 5:47 am
As all vehicles cannot turn in 2d (as they move in spherical porportions) I'd have to say stfu. Sure, you could put them in, but they would be lame and allbeit lag-inducing features that would simply cause whining both in and out of games, and could possibly unbalance the game further. You want vehicles? Go play Tribes or Halo, where the vehicles are actually pretty useful and good features.

palloco
February 29, 2004, 9:13 am
ROFL. People wasting his time in something Michal said he will not implement

Michal
March 3, 2004, 6:38 pm
I think instead of vehicles there should be more stationary guns, like a howitzer or an AA gun or something...

tharealmb
March 3, 2004, 6:48 pm
how about a modification of SOLDAT with vehicles only? that would be a better idea because of the map size and map shape

palloco
March 3, 2004, 8:15 pm
How about dinosaurs, dragons, paladins and pincesses?

Toni_Cicerelli
March 4, 2004, 12:04 am
well in that case why dont we just all sit on a stading knife.

Snipedmyself
March 8, 2004, 8:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by Souza
how about a eletric thingy that goes around on top of maps carrying ppl? this would be the only kind of vehicles i would ever put on soldat.. like on b2b, ppl would catch the electric thingy and go to the other side or half way, so that it wouldnt ruin the game

yeah thats what i was thinking when i started reading this. like little box cars or hooks you hang on to and if you don't jump off in time you will be released into a spike pit
-----
some people think a vehicle is unnecessary cuz u can walk and fly. but for some levels it's just a huge pointless walk
----
+ with a helicopter, you know whats the limit? the sky? No? people just fly sky hi when they are in the lead!

---
on the other hand fer a heli a team match with copters sounds quite fun but will michael make some thing like this? i seriously doubt it
-----
i do think there should be some form of fast transportation though

SiB Danne
March 8, 2004, 8:54 pm
Maybe a rocketboard that you can travel a few seconds on before it dissapears, should be used as secondary weapon. Twice as fast as normal run speed, but you won't be able to shoot while riding on it. Just for fast transport. Almost like the one Megaman got :P

Snipedmyself
March 8, 2004, 9:38 pm
astro boy has rocket boots already-ha ha.
maybe all jump into a tornado and get thrown into a ctf_kansas level :|

Holden
March 9, 2004, 2:11 pm
quote:Originally posted by Snipedmyself
+ with a helicopter, you know whats the limit? the sky? No? people just fly sky hi when they are in the lead!

That could only happen if there were just 2 people playing...

Snipedmyself
March 9, 2004, 4:47 pm
quote:Originally posted by Holden
quote:Originally posted by Snipedmyself

That could only happen if there were just 2 people playing...

what would stop them in more than 2 players

Holden
March 10, 2004, 7:00 am
You see, when people are in the lead, and there are more than 2 people playing, the other 2 can kill eachother. The only thing is if the two in the lead both fly up, but why would the guy in second place do that?

Se7enWolf
March 14, 2004, 12:30 am
Tanks, planes, and jeeps, that's all I want, tanks, planes, and jeeps... oh yeah! and APV's...

Boogie_Freak
March 14, 2004, 12:36 am
I liked the idea with the prinsesses [:P]LOL!!!

Biggoggs
March 15, 2004, 7:03 am
Yea dude princess mode would rock- You pickup a princess and get points for the amount held (it'd slow you down and stuff) :)

XS_Shinobi_TSP2
March 18, 2004, 5:30 am
Banshees,warthogs, and Ghosts in Soldat ? Swwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttt.....[;)]

Trashykins
March 18, 2004, 9:31 am
Reading this thread has reduced my brain-cell count.

While vehicles would be fairly cool, they just wouldn't work in the Soldat enviroment.

DT
March 18, 2004, 2:15 pm
how about horses? lol they can jump very far and when you want to get off you press the jet button and the horse falls down and blows up killing everyone but you

saffon
March 18, 2004, 8:51 pm
vehicles would work in soldat if there was a new gamesetting like "Helicoper Wars" or "Dune Buggy Frenzy" putting vehicles in ctf or deathmatch would just be plain retarted

Trashykins
March 19, 2004, 3:41 am
How exactly would they be implemented? How would you get them from one ledge to another, etc?

Besides, people complain about lag enough without having vehicle physics add to the data sent over.

Captain RibMan
March 19, 2004, 4:37 am
how bout leprechaun's so you have a mode and go capture his gold for points!!?!??
[IMAGE]
this thread is just pointless

FroG-BoY
March 19, 2004, 8:23 am
WOAH LEPRECHAUNS = R0X0R!!!!

I'm not joking.

Toni_Cicerelli
March 22, 2004, 1:09 am
How about something simple to see how Vehicles would work. A small motorcycle would be cool. Not much bigger that the player and you could fire certain weapons from it like the SOCOM or the MP5.it wouldn't be much different than just running with out a jetpack.

shadowkusa
March 25, 2004, 12:40 pm
Im currently developing PlanetScape mod(ill post it soon) and ive been thinking about implementing vehicles into my mod(probably beta version). I have to ask permission first though, nasty legal statement.

Anyway, the mod is about Two Races, terran and mithra killing each other for stupid reasons. The terran ATV will look like Warhammer40k razorback and the mithra will have a flyie tank. The way i was going to make it is if you get near the vehicle you press a key and in the code the vehicle will register as if you had a vest, so youll armor bar will be full, ill have to work on the soldats peremeters and stuff but i think i could pull it off, vehicles will be more vunerable than actal soldiers, just like in real life, so dont worry about invincible tanks.
So look forward to PlanetScape.

saffon
March 25, 2004, 9:08 pm
on a "vehicle map" there could be helicopters, dunebuggys, tanks, and icbm trucks =D

the map would be huge with no legdes or anything of that sort
terrean would be realistic

2 teams have a number of vehicles and when all of one teams vehicles die they loose
there could also be a wrench tool to fix them

Hiei
March 26, 2004, 1:30 am
Ok lets hope no one ever has this idea again no offense mike but that would be pretty gay. WHat is th purpose of a vehicle when you can fly i ask you people

Toni_Cicerelli
March 27, 2004, 3:23 am
The "cool" afect. Just like the ragdoll phisics.

Funky Eebil
March 27, 2004, 5:24 am
Firstly, I would just like to point out how bull[:-censored] your forums are, And how easily your passwords can now be bruteforced because of the terrible password setup (only alpha-numeric) My passwords are 7-15 characters of purley random characters. A good 7 char pw takes 15 days to bruteforce. This setup has reduced that to about 1.

Get some decent hosting and get some phpBB forums.

Anyway, onto vehicles. It seems to me that you are firmley divided as to whether or not to have vehicles. I strongly support the idea, as it would add a new element of gameplay to soldat. (eyic: shut the hell up and listen (p.s, if Michal won't add vehicles even if the whole community supports it, he is going to find a whole lot more people NOT registering soldat, [:-censored]head.)p.p.s learn some grammar, too.)

Many of the ideas posted here are great, however, the one key factor everyone seems to be missing as that it won't be unfair.. why? Because the other team has them too! If nubs run people over, then they'll probably shoot them too, so having that sort of damage as part of friendly fire is the way to go (it can be disabled that way..).

The Barret is MADE for taking out vehicles... so is the LAW (LAW == Light AntiTANK Weapon) so it seems that the next logical step would be to actually have the vehicles for them to destroy.

My ideas for the vehicles:
1. Helicopters - Make the controls similar to DC, so only the most skilled pilots actaully jump in 'em.
2. Tanks - make the shell damage do little against people on the ground (and less to those crouched/prone), the tank would be constantly moving as someone suggested before, and following the way you face.
3. Hummers (I'm talking about the car ;)) - Mounted machinegun on the roof, with a TOW, takes 4 including gunner and driver.

I'm happy to make maps to accomidate vehicles.

And to that idiot who whinged about people just flying up and up and up, remember, if you hit the edge of a map you respawn, numbnuts.

-eebs out.

vegkl
March 27, 2004, 5:10 pm
I think it shuld be vehicles, not to get araond on tha map, but military. (I have not readed tha whole tread)

Hiroshto
March 29, 2004, 11:54 pm
Morons, I think it is unwise to mount weapons on vehicles at all, unless like the chopper, only skilled pilots can fly, but also, think of the apawn camping that can be done if these were implimented.

Funky Eebil
March 30, 2004, 1:49 am
.. you can't stand still while in the vehicles, you [:-censored]ing retard. Read the posts PROPERLY.

pikachu
March 30, 2004, 8:27 am
Had you ever played car wars?

nexgenshane
March 30, 2004, 5:58 pm
I personally believe that's vehicles would add a very interesting edge on soldat. There are many veteran players in soldat that are of course getting extremely good. But Vehicles would allow for new strategy to be implemented hence a new ball game. I personally thing something similar to a cross between Unreal Tournament 2004 and Mechwarrior would be good[8D]

nexgenshane
March 30, 2004, 10:39 pm
Of course though Ihave not throughrly read this thread, I must stick to my conviction of that vehicles would increase Strategy, Teamwork, and Non-boredom. Just play unrealtournament04' and you'll see what I mean.

Geoffrey
March 31, 2004, 10:18 am
I think the idea of adding vehicles is absolutely horrible, UNLESS there's a new gamemode to be added just for this. Vehicles would have to be stronger than the players though, so that you háve to enter them to play properly.. hmm could be fun. Vehiclematch, har har. Jeeps, planes, helicopters, apc's, all those thingeys. Some new background objects so that it looks like you're in a base and you've got yourself a pretty cool gamemode .. I think.

Replying to the post above ^
Vehicles in ut2004 are only present in outdoor maps. because there are also alot of indoor maps it remains interesting. But Soldat is ONLY outdoors, so vehicles will be added in just about every map - and that would suck. Besides, Hiei is right, what's the point if you can fly.

Did someone post this before? Don't blame me for not willing to read 7 and a half pages.

nexgenshane
March 31, 2004, 8:11 pm
Sorry, I did'nt read em' all either. A cvehicle mode would actually be quite interesting. I really don't like the Idea of veehicles upsetting gameplay

ToTu
April 2, 2004, 12:09 pm
I think vechiles would be great if they would have their own vechile mode. after all anybody who dont like vechiles can still play capture the flag...[^]

Demonslayer7
April 3, 2004, 12:13 pm
Despite it's flaws, seeing a car fly off a cliff and nosedive into the ground causing it to blow up would be cool. Or perhaps you shot the driver and it went careening out of control! On second thought, it would be kinda cool. It would be good only in "vehicle only" games were everyone had one.