( search forums )
Deleted Topic
Soldat Forums - -
Deleted User
November 30, 1999, 12:00 am

CardBoardWarrior
December 3, 2003, 2:30 am
*signs*
Great idea.. Would probably take a lot of work though to get this to work.

Kamikaze_Ninja
December 3, 2003, 2:40 am
yep this would be great for 1.0.5b fanatics hey why not in a version after 1.2 ^^

toadsMoke
December 3, 2003, 4:57 am
(made sticky)

popular idea, seen too many threads concerning this topic, so making this one sticky. i will delete any new threads with this same topic.

n2j3
December 3, 2003, 6:46 am
Erm sounds really good but i think having the two version running off a single process might be hack-friendly... Anyone more familiar with programming should reply to this. It's just an educated guess.

qazwertred
December 4, 2003, 10:45 pm
It wont be more hack friendly. It will be like 1.2 but the power of the weapons and graphic will change.
Great idea.

Cool sig n2j3.

Michal Marcinkowski
December 6, 2003, 11:51 am
The weapons and physics in version 1.2 will be more like 1.0.5b. So I don't think there will be a need for this.
Maybe make a list what from 1.0.5b could be implemented in such a mode.

CardBoardWarrior
December 6, 2003, 12:59 pm
eh...I want m79 jumping again, thats the only thing I can think that is really differnt weapon wise...

By the way...Michal is back, w00t! Come on whats the news on 1.2?

b00stA
December 6, 2003, 3:25 pm
Michal:
- walking up (vertical) walls ("hoppeling" (as you were able in ~1.1.6b, I think, it was possible in one beta after 1.1.5))
- explosions push you a lot further (I think your Soldier has a "maxmimum speed" now, but in 1.0.5b you could become QUITE fast!)
- - making tricks like grenade and M79 jumps possible *again* (you can do some right now, but it feels so slow and.. not fun).

Actually, it doesn't have to be a extra mode, just make it the default :)
Err.. nevermind, optional or not, I want to do my tricks :D

Droopy
December 6, 2003, 4:59 pm
We need our dose of news Michal! Give it to us! Here take all my money! Just give some news!

By the way I never played version 1.0.5b
Was it realy that cool?

y0da
December 6, 2003, 6:09 pm
I've th same question as Droopy haves. I'm playing Soldat from 1.1.3. I'm not a veteran like you guys [;)]

b00stA
December 6, 2003, 6:33 pm
Just go to the 1.0.5 forum, you can find some download links there.

Now, back on-topic >:)

Michal Marcinkowski
December 7, 2003, 8:30 pm
I'm not that good in Soldat:) Can you make a video with you making all the tricks?
I'll take a look and try to make it possible in 1.2.

Outcast
December 7, 2003, 8:44 pm
yeah go b00sta!

b00stA
December 7, 2003, 8:48 pm
"not that good in Soldat"
hehe I know how you mean that :)

Anyway, I've already made a movie about that, it doesn't really have a title, but you can download it from www.Selfkill.com :
http://www.selfkill.com/webv2/content/sd_redir.php?id=73
It's DivX 5.0.5, ~20MB
If the download is too big for you, I'm gonna make a little movie cut together very fast :)
(Arhh! :)

peemonkey
December 8, 2003, 12:20 am
back on topic! first off, 100% for this. maybe, to add a little more of the old 1.05 feel, have a rare powerup that makes you have the powers of those damm dirty hackers! you vets know what i mean ;)

LiL_FuKa
December 8, 2003, 12:34 pm
Can somebody give me a link so I can download 1.0.5b? Oh and B00stA that link's not working for me.. :/ Can't download your vid..

b00stA
December 8, 2003, 1:44 pm
Lil Fuka, you can find a list of 1.0.5b mirrors in the "Oldies section".
Oh, and duh, the host is down :|
I hope they fix it soon, but I'm hopefully gonna finish that little movie today.

Edit: Michal: I uploaded the video to a temporary location and messaged you the link via PM.

lik fuka, you have to wait until Selfkill uploads it again or whatever is wrong with their server :|

Edit2: Ok, here is the public link, so feel free to download :) http://www.selfkill.com/webv2/content/sd_redir.php?id=73

What do you guys think: should it be a server-side option or standard? I don't see any problems with beginners getting the feeling for it or something like that ;)

Hitman
December 9, 2003, 4:04 pm
Wow, I thought that Michal would be the Bitch at Soldat, huh, Oh well...

Those bears at the end just freaked me out!

Droopy
December 9, 2003, 6:09 pm
Downloaded 1.0.5!

Man it is cool!

But i have a problem when firing couse back then there were no sniper lines or whats it called!

So strange to see maps like that! Its like they were unfinished..

peemonkey
December 13, 2003, 11:02 pm
1.05b...good times...does anyone have the old Chan bot stats? he was my fav, but it boke my heart when he dissapeared. Major=Soldier...good times...good times

Hitman
December 14, 2003, 6:15 pm
Lol, yeah good old Chan!

Droopy
December 20, 2003, 6:15 pm
Good old days!

Oh man!
I just remembered.. I never played 1.0.5 online!:P

elitentity
December 22, 2003, 6:54 am
I loved 1.05b, especially watching the nice cheat weapons players made lol, which lagged everything up. It would be nice to be able to play with the old physics and style, over the internet. But, in the end, I say no to this idea, as the current versions aren't "new" enough for 1.05b to be classic.

liquidis x snake
December 22, 2003, 6:56 am
If anyone is willing to play 1.05b with me just IM me on AIM or MSN and I'll be glad to set up a game with you. Of course, I always prefer to host the server (unless you give me <100 ping).

Anyway, I'm all for this idea.

Alpha
December 29, 2003, 6:10 am
it should be made a server-side option, like realistic mode, just a tick box or maybe if more modes are made, a box the you click and it comes down with a list of modes like when you select your map.

bLaStEr
December 30, 2003, 10:30 pm
1.05b IS A CLASSIC [;)] of course it would need it's own mode.
But we need to think about Michal too :P

Alpha
January 1, 2004, 1:22 am
people want it to replace how it is now, i like the new way aswell so i wouldn't like it being 105b only :P

b00stA
January 1, 2004, 3:18 pm
quote:Originally posted by Alpha
people want it to replace how it is now, i like the new way aswell so i wouldn't like it being 105b only :P

Have a look at what others said in this topic:

quote:Originally posted by Spike
Then have some option so you can just switch between 1.05b and whatever the current version is.

quote:Originally posted by Alpha
it should be made a server-side option, like realistic mode, just a tick box or maybe if more modes are made, a box the you click and it comes down with a list of modes like when you select your map.

quote:Originally posted by bLaStEr
1.05b IS A CLASSIC [;)] of course it would need it's own mode.

NightCabbage
January 7, 2004, 9:55 am
1.0.5b was great.

For the most part, the new Soldat is better, it's just a few things that makes us miss the old Soldat.

The weapon stats were good, the physics were good, it was almost perfect.

The anti-lag is a great addition, though it needs a little work still.

And the anti-cheat is... well pretty much necessary I hate to say. Which sux...

That bloody walk/jump up walls thing (1.1.6) sux. I have no idea why people like it :P

Other than that, just the general feel of 1.0.5b was good :)

Captain RibMan
February 13, 2004, 8:42 am
how can i get ahold of 1.0.5b???? i want it but i think i deleted it

Aquarius
February 13, 2004, 9:13 am
quote:Originally posted by NightCabbage
The weapon stats were good, the physics were good

It is some kind of nostalgy, but you don't say a truth. Ruger and M79 weren't balanced in 1.05b. And the physics in 1.05b was good, but 1.2 has similar physics.