( search forums )
Seriously, this should've been included long ago..
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
UPRC Law
December 31, 2003, 4:28 am
Wheres the option to pick your GENDER? :)

I think it would be a nice addition to Soldat. I'd probably get some satisfaction out of hearing women screaming every time I fire off my Law. :D
It would also make multiplayer more exciting.

eyic
December 31, 2003, 4:33 am
ok been suggested many times heres whats bad about the idea:

1) think of all the wannabe women, which are basically men that are dressed as women, and then they'll be all ga.y and crap, thats one reason this shouldnt be implemented

2) there'd be so many boys asking people dressed as girls their asl and crap, and there'll be all this weird stuff going on, think about it..

3) there wouldnt be many people playing, theyd just talk with people dressed as girls, which would be really annoying :/

liquidis x snake
December 31, 2003, 4:42 am
Eyic has a good point. Several, rather. First off, I don't want to talk to some 43-year-old guy playing as a girl and acting like a girl. How will I know? I won't, but quite frankly, who cares, theres still a possibility that even eyic himself could be a 43-year-old guy pretending to be a 12-year-old boy (shudders). And yes, the a/s/l thing. OMFG. It's going to be like a/s/l/wop/ip. WOP - weapon of choice, ip - I.P. address. Disturbing, to say the least.

I mean, I'm not sexist or anything, but the internet is kind of scary.

Gaah
December 31, 2003, 4:49 am
If you want to hear girls and see girls in Soldat, make a mod you fool. Then you could listen to chicks screaming till your hearts content...

juice _ box
December 31, 2003, 9:25 am
quote:1) think of all the wannabe women, which are basically men that are dressed as women, and then they'll be all ga.y and crap, thats one reason this shouldnt be implemented

2) there'd be so many boys asking people dressed as girls their asl and crap, and there'll be all this weird stuff going on, think about it..

3) there wouldnt be many people playing, theyd just talk with people dressed as girls, which would be really annoying :/

you make no valid points. anyway, are there females in cs, tfc, dod, bf1942??? no, so shut up plz.

Gaah
December 31, 2003, 9:47 am
^Actually there are, but only if you make a skin/mod. I have seen skins for chicks in CS. As I said before, if he wants chicks, why doesn't he make a mod?

The Smurf
December 31, 2003, 10:01 am
Oh yes! I want to play smurfette! [;)]

There is one problem. The smurfs in Soldat are so small, that there wouldn't be any noticeable difference beetwen women and men.

frogboy
December 31, 2003, 10:59 am
Read the interviews.
Interviewer: What about female soldiers :)
Michal: Women don't fight :)

SuperKill
December 31, 2003, 12:34 pm
seems to me you dont want it cuz you wont know who's behind that thing you hump online ;]

HOBBES
December 31, 2003, 1:16 pm
Soldat is WAR! Not some chat or something like that...
..but healing nurses could be cool..

jerka
December 31, 2003, 1:21 pm
i say as i always do: Are'nt the soldats kinde gender-less?

UPRC Law
December 31, 2003, 5:01 pm
quote:Originally posted by juice _ box
you make no valid points. anyway, are there females in cs, tfc, dod, bf1942??? no, so shut up plz.

No, but Soldat has more in common with oh, lets say.. Quake?
I don't see how people are making some connection between "female soldiers" and "internet chat."
And, to top it off, I feel that it is a bit sexist (only a bit, I didn't say your some rampant woman beater, so don't make a cocky reply). There are other games out there that allow players to pick their gender, Gunbound being the first to come to mind, and if you ever played Gunbound you would know that female players don't get treated any differently and theres no "OMG A/S/L!!!!!!!!1111" [:-censored] going on. :p
I don't see what the big fear of female players is, either.

SuperKill
December 31, 2003, 5:12 pm
a/s/l died like 2 years ago.. nobody ask it anymore.
also quake 3 got some female chars =] (default chars, not in an extra mod)

n00bface
December 31, 2003, 5:14 pm
quote:Are'nt the soldats kinde gender-less?

Nope, they're guys.

The Smurf
December 31, 2003, 5:52 pm
Damn right, type /piss and you will get a proof. Soldiers in Soldat STAND while smurfing. Womens can't do that (at least the smurfette).

?
December 31, 2003, 7:11 pm
yes for once you have added something useful smurf, since women don't have a wang, they cant' do the piss right, therefore no women will be in soldat, to keep our beloved piss. shemales, thats a different story though.

eyic
December 31, 2003, 10:23 pm
quote:Originally posted by juice _ box
quote:1) think of all the wannabe women, which are basically men that are dressed as women, and then they'll be all ga.y and crap, thats one reason this shouldnt be implemented

I have no idea what u mean..? yeh there isnt any women in any of those games so there shouldnt be in soldat right? I mean my points did make sence and belive some people wont play and probably go into poly bugs (with people dressed as girls) just to talk and then others will go and then the game would be ruined and then yatta yatta yatta =/

believe me, i wouldn't mind being gender selection in-game as long as people dont act so annoying and dress up as girls, and the.n u know what im talking about :/

Urban2
January 1, 2004, 1:47 am
But eyic, you make us all seem like sex-crazed morons, you made no valid points at all. I know I wouldn't stop in the middle of a game to talk to girls in it.

Sithak
January 1, 2004, 2:47 am
quote:Originally posted by UPRC Law
Wheres the option to pick your GENDER? :)

I think it would be a nice addition to Soldat. I'd probably get some satisfaction out of hearing women screaming every time I fire off my Law. :D
It would also make multiplayer more exciting.

[:O] you like hear women die??? i recomend theropy!

ps stay way from my family

peemonkey
January 1, 2004, 2:55 am
well, you guys know that i'd play as a female... make em guess what's goin on ;P
what would /piss be fer du femmdats? dey squat?

n00bface
January 1, 2004, 3:34 am
They'd use artificial penises and stand, peemonkey...

b00stA
January 1, 2004, 3:12 pm
I remember playing as "Sarah16" some time ago.. believe me, on every server I played on "r u really a gurl?" - "yes keke ^__^" - "can i have ur msn? plsss!"

bLaStEr
January 1, 2004, 6:16 pm
quote:Originally posted by b00stA
I remember playing as "Sarah16" some time ago.. believe me, on every server I played on "r u really a gurl?" - "yes keke ^__^" - "can i have ur msn? plsss!"

LOL! b00stA, I've tried same thing :E

sqweek
January 1, 2004, 8:51 pm
"and if you ever played Gunbound you would know that female players don't get treated any differently"

pfft, you gotta be kidding me!
More like, "and if you ever played Gunbound you would know that when a girl joins all the boys are like 'hi babe, i protect you liao'." :p

But IMO, adding a gender choice to soldat couldn't hurt.

SuperKill
January 1, 2004, 10:36 pm
ROFL sqweek thats so true

eyic
January 1, 2004, 11:14 pm
quote:Originally posted by Urban2
But eyic, you make us all seem like sex-crazed morons, you made no valid points at all. I know I wouldn't stop in the middle of a game to talk to girls in it.

i guess i dont have valid points but thats ur opinion :D

i really dont have any problem if it is added i mean i support it but there would still be boy wannabe women hehe