( search forums )
Sensible game suggestions
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Gaah
December 31, 2003, 10:03 am
Please, PLEASE create a new area where people can post *sensible* suggestions for the improvement of Soldat. Also, rename the existing Game improvements\suggestions area to "Wishful Thinking Forums". Frankly, over 80% of the stuff there is very wishful thinking, the same thing posted over and over again in different topics, and star hunting (like that guy asking for smurf stuff). Anyway, please implement this as I am sick of wading through all the crappy suggestions in search of a decent, sensible suggestion.

Meandor
December 31, 2003, 11:29 am
Not that it's a bad idea, but it wouldn't work IMO, 'cause everyone would post the same stuff there is now in the new forum + would spam the old one =\

Gaah
December 31, 2003, 1:43 pm
Maybe topics could only get to the area if they were approved by moderators or had sufficient interest in them by other forum users?

Tha Doggfather
December 31, 2003, 2:04 pm
quote:Originally posted by Gaah
Maybe topics could only get to the area if they were approved by moderators or had sufficient interest in them by other forum users?

good idea

Gaah
January 1, 2004, 10:41 am
And if people start spamming/star hunting/posting stupid things in approved topics, they get a really nasty punishment?

peemonkey
January 1, 2004, 7:39 pm
i kinda dont care if it happens er not. my ideas are always 1338 ;P
what if the moderator who says who goes in the good one, and who goes in the bad one doesnt like you? what would be the point of having a wishfull thinking forum anyway? nobody would look there. stupid ideas are usually ignored anyway. and if you dont want to see them...dont.

Gaah
January 2, 2004, 12:10 am
Stupid ideas always ignored? Like those stupid smurf ideas? Maybe there should be a poll to decide if it's sensible? Maybe dna.styx knows that its sensible? Maybe you choose to if you want to post your idea in "wishful thinking" or in "sensible idea" and if your idea is obviously "wishful thinking" the moderator would move the topic to "wishful thinking" and dish out a penalty to the idiot author of the post.

Or maybe you need to have a "reputation". If you have a good number of posts, or moderators/people with lots of posts rate you as a sensible person, you get to post in sensible suggestions. I dunno, there are lots of options, which are probably a bit complicated, but we can work it out.

DNA.styx
January 2, 2004, 12:31 am
Sounds like we wanna get enjoyincubus & toadsMoke in on this conversation since they are the mods of that forum..

R
January 2, 2004, 2:02 am
it would be a good idea, since then all the "good" ideas can get to the one forum, and all the stupid ideas/repeated ideas would stay in that forum. i could help if needed lol

Chakra
January 2, 2004, 3:38 am
If only there was a system that allowed you to vote whether you approved or despised the idea in every topic within that forum, whereby enough votes would promote it to another forum (which our lord Michal Marcinwookie would hopefully browse).....

Gaah
January 2, 2004, 4:07 am
But then, Chakra, couldn't all the n00bs vote for stupid ideas, like vechiles, which will probs be "wishful thinking" till the end of time? Also, DNA.styx, how do you suggest we get toadsmoke and enjoyincubis over here? PM them? Make a topic in Suggestions/Improvements? But yeh, I think it should be controlled by moderators, and by people who have been a member of the forum for over say, I dunno, 6 months, but have to have at least 100 posts? That stops star hunters, but allows members who have been at the forums for a while and have posted a bit to have a bit of control.

DNA.styx
January 2, 2004, 4:15 am
> PM them
yup

Gaah
January 2, 2004, 8:09 am
Done, I PM'ed them. Hopefully they'll come over and reply. YAY! Crap free topics that are friendly to the eyes!

mr_bob
January 2, 2004, 8:40 am
damn damn damn i wish i could flame i havent done it in sooooooooooooo long and this is my first post in a while

i really think this is a bad idea cuz i could come up with a wonderful idea and if a mod doesnt like me it aint going to get put into the good forum its going to be left in the wishful thinking

and if we vote whats good and whats not its the same thing

i dont know about u but i know alot of these people dont like me i think i flamed almost everyone of them i flamed everyone but ive changed but they dont know that they still dont like me

this idea should be in the wishful thinking forum or hey how about this the BASHPIT i think it deserves to be there so i can flame your ass

eyic
January 2, 2004, 9:56 am
I support this idea, no harm done right? ^_^
anyhow hey mr_bob welcome back havn't seen you posting for a while :)

Gaah
January 2, 2004, 10:58 am
Yay! Fellow Aussie eyic is behind my idea! But we need to work out a system for who can approve topics, apart from moderators. For example, I should be added to the list ;). Maybe a couple of moderators get together and pick out a bunch of "Deputy Moderators" or something like that, people who visit the forums reguarly and wouldn't mind a couple more priveleges, but have to help select decent ideas from the crap pile.

Tha Doggfather
January 2, 2004, 2:37 pm
i would let Gaah in for just coming up with this idea, i love it. but i wouldnt base it on postcount, it would encourage spammers even more. i think its up to the admin to decide who those "dep. mods" would be (after all he decides who gets to be a mod too)

R
January 2, 2004, 6:54 pm
i could just ask enjoy on msn to look at this topic...i'll do that next time hes on :)

enjoyincubus
January 2, 2004, 9:55 pm
I think it's a good idea, though I really don't believe my opinion has any influence here...but yeah, now you know what I think, if that matters in this issue.

Deputy mods would work, as it would give the real people of this forum (the people who like to view new ideas and come up with them) the opportunity to help out here.

Here's how I think it should work (it's been said like this already):

1 - Topics are posted in the Game Improvements/Suggestions section.

2 - Moderator (global or dep) can view and move a topic to the Good Ideas section.

3 - Michal can look at the filtered, top-of-the-heap ideas and add them to make the bestestest Soldat ever.

Tha Doggfather
January 2, 2004, 10:10 pm
Yeah it should be like that indeed. And i hereby want to let you guys know that im willing to be a "deputy mod". Not that i expect youll pick me now, but im just letting you know...

R
January 2, 2004, 10:12 pm
i am also willing to be a "deputy mod" lol.

Gaah
January 2, 2004, 10:33 pm
YAY! Responce from moderators!

R
January 3, 2004, 5:16 pm
styx will you be implementing this idea or not?

enjoyincubus
January 3, 2004, 7:46 pm
My picks for Deputy Moderators (if my opinion matters [:D]):

R, ThaDoggfather, Gaah, TFS

3 of them have shown interest (TFS hasn't, but I know he'd probably do it), and I know R, Doggy, and TFS are responsible.

Though I've only seen Gaah for a few weeks, he seems sensible and would make a good mod.

Looks all good to me...implement now? :D

Gaah
January 4, 2004, 4:42 am
Well, I was posting a lot more like 2/3 months ago, then I kinda forgot about Soldat (school exams). But now it's holidays, been playing games on the network and I checked on Soldat to see if the 1.2 was out (hah! as if thats ever going to happen!). But yeh, I don't mind if you make me one now or later on when you've seen me around more.

Tha Doggfather
January 4, 2004, 6:32 pm
quote:Originally posted by R
styx will you be implementing this idea or not?

well...?