( search forums )
mortar as secondary weapon
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
muzzmastah
December 31, 2003, 8:45 pm
I think that, if it is added, a mortar in soldat would work best as a secondary weapon. Most maps are not suitable for stationary mortars, so a portable, less powerful version is the best option. The mortar must deploy to fire: it would fire only when you are prone, and would require time to "set up", i.e. you would have to wait a little until you could fire. When fired, the projectile would follow a trajectory in between the m79 and LAW in regard to speed (the LAW is too missile-like, the m79's range is much too short). Upon impact, the mortar shell would make a very large explosion with a large amount of splash damage. Although it is a deadly weapon on its own, efficient teamwork would increase its deadliness. A two-man team could be employed, one point-man and the mortar-man. The point-man would be camoflauged and armed with a barret, with which he would use to spot enemy soldiers for the mortar-man. This would introduce a new type of teamwork, as the mortar-man is vulnerable when he is alone.

Sithak
December 31, 2003, 10:46 pm
no way. motar would deffently be a primary wepond. they would be so power full and they would deffently not belong in the secondary weponds

Takedwn
December 31, 2003, 11:20 pm
ya sithak i do agree because if you shot it you would have to switch to your pistol or knife

Tha Doggfather
December 31, 2003, 11:39 pm
theres already a thread about this (started like 2-3 days ago)

Hitman
January 1, 2004, 1:22 am
*Sigh* http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=6841

muzzmastah
January 1, 2004, 4:09 am
unfortunately, my forum-search doesn't work. I agree with sithak too, it should be a primary weapon.

Sithak
January 1, 2004, 6:21 am
of coarse u do im sithak. The mortar would be to powerful.

and u might wana fix the search ^^