( search forums )
Why are some Soldat Players Anti-Newbie?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Hova
January 1, 2004, 1:40 am
That's all I want to know. Even though I have been playing soldat for a bit, many players call people "n00bs" over nothing.

Someone uses the barret to snipe a person off (thats what the barret is supposed to do [;)]), they are a n00b.

Someone uses the mini to spray a lot of bullets (that's what the gun does naturally) they are a n00b.

Anyway, I'm just curious about other people's feelings about it.

Tha Doggfather
January 1, 2004, 1:49 am
sigh this has been brought up numerous of times... but what the hey

i think people call other people noob to make themselves feel better, and out of fear to be called a noob too. they might be not that good themselves and therefor they start calling other people names, just to proove that theyre so "l33t" at the game.

R
January 1, 2004, 1:53 am
sometimes people call other people noob for ruining the game by going on top of a map and not doing anything and taking up a player slot. other times is because they use the mini, which ruins the gameplay for everybody else, and most "noobs" use the mini as a rocket anyways to jet themselfs across the map faster. also most people just call people noobs who are extremely stupid, who act stupid, and are just overall a dumb person. :X

Tha Doggfather
January 1, 2004, 1:56 am
well yeah sometimes its justified calling someone n00b, for the reasons R mentioned

juice _ box
January 1, 2004, 2:07 am
newb = idiot. there are plenty.

Hacksaw
January 1, 2004, 2:42 am
Ok...I understand what you guys are saying...I dont call some one a n00b for using the M79 but it is kinda of a keep gun. It kills some one in one hit and reloads in no time. Its almost like the LAW only the M79 drops down faster plus some times the M79 shot will miss you and yet it still kills you (MAJOR GLITCH). So in conclution I DONT LIKE THE M79 but I dont call someone a n00b for using it...:)

Hova
January 1, 2004, 2:52 am
quote:Originally posted by R
sometimes people call other people noob for ruining the game by going on top of a map and not doing anything and taking up a player slot.
I agree, thats a waste, but you can vote to kick them right?

other times is because they use the mini, which ruins the gameplay for everybody else
Then why was it included in the game?

and most "noobs" use the mini as a rocket anyways to jet themselfs across the map faster.
I seen someone grab the flag and propel themselves using the mini, it was fun to watch, but annoying when I did get killed :x. Anyway, that is a good tatic

also most people just call people noobs who are extremely stupid, who act stupid, and are just overall a dumb person. :X
What would they do for them to be those things?

SILENT
January 1, 2004, 3:00 am
Ive never seen teh vote kick work..but good luck.

DeMo
January 1, 2004, 3:28 am
This has been brought up recently.
Some people think that snipers are lame because they use the barret which is a powerful weap. that'll kill u with just one shot.

Nice.. if you think the barret is powerful.. it's there and YOU can use it too!!
The same goes for M79, Mini and every other weapon!

Nobody deserves to be a called a n00b just because him/her mastered one particular weapon.
The real n00bs are these guys that waste their time calling everybody else a n00b.
If they can't use a barret or a m79, then they are the n00bs!! Not the snipers and m79ers!

n00bface
January 1, 2004, 3:28 am
quote:I agree, thats a waste, but you can vote to kick them right?
Doesn't work in 1.1.5.

quote:Then why was it included in the game?
To piss people off.. really. And so people could complain about lag.

BMF
January 1, 2004, 3:45 am
i hate teh n00bs

AerialAssault
January 1, 2004, 4:31 am
newbie = new to the game

n00b = a person so bad at the game or so stupid that they are thought of as a person who doesnt know [:-censored], also known as a newbie

GoldAnt_Number1
January 1, 2004, 5:41 am
I agree with taking up player slots being stupid, or even worse going afk!!!! pfft, a better way to think of people who use the power weapons (hey, sometimes i'll even use um, just depends on the situation) are as challenges. If somebody has the m79 and they keep nailing you, trick um :) Piss um off by not allowing them to blast you, shoot um before they get close enough, avoid the shot, stay floating in the air just out of range.......

People are also called n00bs for not changing their name from Soldier :)

Stevie K
January 1, 2004, 7:41 am
i think its because one day a long time ago some person decided it would be "cool" to spell the word "newb" with zeros so it looked like "n00b". Other little immature people saw this person use this newly found word and thought..." Hey mabey if I be a jerk and call people who i think are not better then me, but are still kicking my ass, a N00B I will be so cool!!!" Ever since this one day, these dumb, idiotic, ignorant(sp?), little 10-12 year old acting kids will now be running around causing chaos throughout every internet game known to man........sigh.......well in closing...... yeah it sucks alot but it wont ever stop...

NJD2004
January 1, 2004, 8:17 am
And thus this all mean DNA.styx is gay.

eyic
January 1, 2004, 8:41 am
quote:Originally posted by Stevie K
i think its because one day a long time ago some person decided it would be "cool" to spell the word "newb" with zeros so it looked like "n00b". Other little immature people saw this person use this newly found word and thought..." Hey mabey if I be a jerk and call people who i think are not better then me, but are still kicking my ass, a N00B I will be so cool!!!" Ever since this one day, these dumb, idiotic, ignorant(sp?), little 10-12 year old acting kids will now be running around causing chaos throughout every internet game known to man........sigh.......well in closing...... yeah it sucks alot but it wont ever stop...

Omfg shut up moron, why does everyone always have to mention 12 year olds FFS, seriously piss of, 12 year olds never did anything to you, hardly any 12 year olds even play games online, and I just happen to be a 12 year old, and stop fregin calling 12 year olds kids even if we are kids its an insult, always gotta blame it on the 12 year olds huh?!

Hey I bet you act like the way you described 12 year olds stupid bitch-snazed moron dont ever call 12 year olds kids because as a matter of fact u've probably not played agaisnt a 12 year old in your soldat history, so please shut up, and I can assure you that even some 14-20 year olds can act stupid and moronically lame, including you, so please shut your hole. kthxbye.

Oh and please start atleast acting like you havn't been shot in the head.

stupid n00b ^_^

btw - sorry if this offended you, I just get really pissy when people blame 12 year olds for everything that happens in their life.

palloco
January 1, 2004, 9:51 am
Hova, welcome to forums, it is good to know that some newbies like you understand the game better than some stupid autocalled vets

Disciple_Slink
January 1, 2004, 11:04 am
I have also found that in games like UT, Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Battlefield and even Icewind Dale II, people throw the word "n00b" around a lot. I have never seen a true veteran of the online gameing world use this word, it seems to be the younger ones, (12-15) that use it most. After reading what eyic said, not all 12-15 yr olds are lamers and insult everyone that beats them.

(I know eyic has beaten me a few times, but I never bitched about it...) lol[:D]

PS., Stevie K, an exit wound would be much bigger and bloodier.

bLaStEr
January 1, 2004, 11:47 am
Firstly why I hate noobs:
They are annoying like yesterday a damned idiot called N/A was screwing on my face all the time.

Secondly why he was screwing on my face:
He said all the time RED TEAM CHEATS, [:-censored]ING CHEATERS etc. It was 2am so I got easily pissed, I said stfu idiot there is no cheaters in this server. *Cant remember correctly*

Thirdly his weird mind:
He moaned why his points didnt get into the next map! I WAS OMFG!
All the time he moaned. I said read the manual. Then when I talked with my own language, he said [:-censored] you!

There is some reasons why I hate noobs of course not everyone is like that, he just might be an asshole [;)]

*PS: I was bored to read this thread xD

-edit-

Little example from log;
quote:Time Left: 10 minutes
[dTb|bLaStEr] omfg
(TEAM)[dTb|bLaStEr] ylhaal
[dTb|bLaStEr] lamer nuup
[N/A] now I'kill twoo guys and I've get one point
[FIN]racoon returned the Blue Flag
CreTaL [FiN] returned the Red Flag
[[UP] m3rl1n] [:-censored]!
[FIN]racoon captured the Red Flag
[N/A] thats what I'm talking about
[dTb|bLaStEr] ?
CreTaL [FiN] returned the Red Flag
Pate captured the Blue Flag
[dTb|bLaStEr] your talking [:-censored]
[dTb|bLaStEr] :D
Pate scores for Alpha Team
[N/A] you are [:-censored]
[dTb|bLaStEr] i know
[N/A] without cheats
[dTb|bLaStEr] :D
CreTaL [FiN] captured the Blue Flag
[dTb|bLaStEr] lol
[dTb|bLaStEr] omfg
[dTb|bLaStEr] kickkaa toi homo
[CreTaL [FiN]] kuka
[dTb|bLaStEr] N/A
[Jonih] N/a
[CreTaL [FiN]] oh
dTb|bLaStEr captured the Blue Flag
[CreTaL [FiN]] turret gay
[CreTaL [FiN]] ONLY 10 secs in time turreting
[dTb|bLaStEr] N/A kuten arvasin...
[N/A] [:-censored] you
[dTb|bLaStEr] lol
[CreTaL [FiN]] lol
[dTb|bLaStEr] you want to [:-censored] me?
[dTb|bLaStEr] come one silly bot
[CreTaL [FiN]] oh [:-censored] gay
dTb|bLaStEr captured the Blue Flag
[Pate] lol
[CreTaL [FiN]] aargghh gay on my server?
[[FIN]racoon] lol
[dTb|bLaStEr] :)
[Pate] GAY WARNING!!!!
[N/A] I've allready [:-censored]ed you and your mom
[dTb|bLaStEr] /kick N/A
[CreTaL [FiN]] pii pii pii
[dTb|bLaStEr] tai /ban
[CreTaL [FiN]] hah
[CreTaL [FiN]] kickin kohta..
[dTb|bLaStEr] :E
[N/A] how you get this flag?
[dTb|bLaStEr] read manual ffs
[N/A] you respawn with it
[dTb|bLaStEr] ?
[dTb|bLaStEr] wtf are you talking about
[CreTaL [FiN]] ??
junwookeun has disconnected
[N/A] you have respawned with flag
[dTb|bLaStEr] lol no
[dTb|bLaStEr] read the manual ffs
[N/A] yes cock sucker
[dTb|bLaStEr] omg
[[UP] m3rl1n] heheh
[CreTaL [FiN]] N/A better if u respawn with u brains next time!!
[CreTaL [FiN]] txD
[dTb|bLaStEr] how noobish can someone be
junwookeun has joined the game!
[N/A] now you dont felled the granade
[UP] m3rl1n captured the Red Flag
[dTb|bLaStEr] WHEE
[CreTaL [FiN]] oh really
[dTb|bLaStEr] omg stfu & just play please
[Pate] Yeah
Time Left: 5 minutes
junwookeun returned the Red Flag
Next map: ctf_Voland
CreTaL [FiN] scores for Alpha Team
[CreTaL [FiN]] wohoo
[dTb|bLaStEr] t..
[UP] m3rl1n has left the game
CTF - Voland
[dTb|bLaStEr] hei 0ping?
[Jonih] ei tata
[CreTaL [FiN]] taa on best.. :)
[dTb|bLaStEr] XD
[N/A] I will be proud when I'll be kick by fags and ch
[dTb|bLaStEr] laos on mun lemppari
[N/A] cheaters
Next map: ctf_Laos
[dTb|bLaStEr] NA

sauron_the_deceiver
January 1, 2004, 12:06 pm
Vote kick doesn't work. However, its fixed in 1.2 (yey!).

I never ever EVER call anyone a 'n00b' because speaking with numbers like that is just GAY. I'm plenty using 'newb' though. To me, a newb is someone who:
Doesn't change their name or colour.
Doesn't know how to talk to the server.
Doesn't know the controls.
Hasn't read the parts of the manual everyone should read.
Hasn't played an offline game yet.

Basically, someone who is new to the game, and hasn't attempted getting familiar with it. And even if I do come across someone like this, I won't say something like 'omfg stfu NEWB!', it'll be more like 'aaah, you newbie =)'. Some people seem to think newbs are evil and bad, like cheaters, but they never remember, everyone was a newb once!

On the other hand, to me, a vet is:
NOT a particularly good player
Someone who has read about everything to do with soldat - checks out the fan sites, reads the entire manual (I've done it..)
Friendly and calm
Obedient, when needs be (if you tell them to take the lower path, they will)
Bossy, when needs be (they know where people need to be in a ctf game)
Someone who uses teamchat thoroughly, when needs be

that fuking sniper
January 1, 2004, 12:39 pm
As I see it, real veterans are people who never call others noobs, people who realize they were noobs themselves once, and have gotten good. Experts also dont feel the need to brag, because they are good, and they already know it, and therefore, they dont have to proove it by saying it, but by showing it. Same thing with "n00b insults". People hurry to call others noobs, not realizing how stupid they look when they say it, and how they degrade themselves, to me at least, by saying it to others.

By being a veteran, you realize there is no such thing as noob, everyone gets better with time, and every single veteran was a noob once, so just live with it, there are always new people to the game, insulting them will only show on your incompetent personality and inconfidence in your ability, thus you cant be an expert :)

That being said, I'm a complete [:-censored]ing n00b.

morpheus
January 1, 2004, 1:42 pm
i very rarely talk in game, except to say a quick hello and a bit of chat to a friend. but as far as name calling goes, i usually just let my gun do the talking for me. i've found that that's more effective, and wastes less of my time in arguments with dimwits.

Dathker
January 1, 2004, 3:32 pm
he talks to me!

anyways....i call people who nade spam n00bs cuz apparently they can't hit me with the gun or hit me with just one nade but they have to release all five nades to kill me...thats n00bish

and i call people that sit in the same spot with a barret n00bs after everone know where they are and constantly kills them without them getting any kills cuz thats n00bish too

and when i yell at my friends some stupid comment that im just fooling around...you know who you are

Hova
January 1, 2004, 5:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by palloco
Hova, welcome to forums, it is good to know that some newbies like you understand the game better than some stupid autocalled vets

I remember that name, you used that mini to propel yourself once, that was good [8D]. Although you did end up killing me.

The nick I go by is Qwerty, and I'm sort of a newbie. I did play offline games, I use the barret, kill a couple guys, then move when they find me out, and I use the mini to propel myself once.

Thanks for telling me what your guys thought. now I am going to play a couple rounds on DNAgames (thanks for that great server DNAstyx :D)

Mr G
January 1, 2004, 6:19 pm
"Why are some Soldat Players Anti-Newbie?"
at seeing someone's flaws, it makes them feel better with themselves

R
January 1, 2004, 9:07 pm
quote:anyways....i call people who nade spam n00bs cuz apparently they can't hit me with the gun or hit me with just one nade but they have to release all five nades to kill me...thats n00bish

that is in no way being a n00b, that is making sure you die. Because it is extremely easy to release all of your nades and kill someone and then just walk right back to a grenade box and get a full supply of one. And i extremely doubt that you can use grenades and that u probably get killed all the time from them and u get pissed off cause you cant stop it. Dont call things noob that you have no idea about, its a tactic to kill you, not being a noob :(

Captain_Jimbo
January 1, 2004, 10:28 pm

A good reason why Barret users are considered big n00bs is because many of them don't even snipe anymore. They'll get about half an inch away from you and pull the trigger. There's no skill in that, yet it happens a lot; which pisses a lot of people off. The same goes for the m79.

I guess you could say what makes a n00b a "n00b" is that he/she exploits cheap variables that require little to no skill to gain an advantage (i.e. Using the minigun to fly across the screen).

Oh well, it makes the arial fighting barrets more or less admirable.

Aquarius
January 1, 2004, 10:39 pm
quote:Originally posted by Captain_Jimbo

There's no skill in that, yet it happens a lot; which pisses a lot of people off. The same goes for the m79.

LOL. Maybe you want a M79 duel with me? I will show you that M79 require "some" skill.

b00stA
January 2, 2004, 12:12 am
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius

There's no skill in that, yet it happens a lot; which pisses a lot of people off. The same goes for the m79.

LOL. Maybe you want a M79 duel with me? I will show you that M79 require "some" skill.

He's talking about lamers who blast a M79 grenade in your face from close range.

Aquarius
January 2, 2004, 12:31 am
Oh come on! You think that I shouldn't kill a guy if he is "an inch away from me"?!

WHY?

Because he will call me a M79 n00b? Who fvckin' cares?

Or maybe because it is not fair? Well... sorry. Life is not fair and war is not fair. Deal with it. Or die.

b00stA
January 2, 2004, 12:45 am
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
Oh come on! You think that I shouldn't kill a guy if he is "an inch away from me"?!

WHY?

Because he will call me a M79 n00b? Who fvckin' cares?

Or maybe because it is not fair? Well... sorry. Life is not fair and war is not fair. Deal with it. Or die.

What's wrong with you? I think he's talking about players who frag mainly because of that short-range shooting. Of course you're "allowed" to shoot someone at close-range with a M79, but it's not supposed to be like that.
Calm down..

Aquarius
January 2, 2004, 1:01 am
Why not? If some guy is running in my direction like mad, what should I do? Run away to kill him from farther distance? Hellloooo! We are talking about M79, remember??? I don't want to die. Sorry.

When it happens (a guy close to me), I know one thing. If I have 100% health I will ALWAYS survive explosion face to face with him from my M79. And it is not my fault.

Actually, I try not to kill at the close range. Not because it is n00bish (it is not). I just don't want to lose MY health unnecessary. But sometimes it is just not possible to stay on middle range.

By the way: I don't see many people with M79 on servers, and most of them are pretty skilled. I think that newbies play with M79 for very short period of time, then they usually choose another weapon (a barret). So... why so much whinning about M79 while so little M79 usage? Because we ("M79 n00bs") are pretty good [^]

PS.
Many players love to say "I like M79", "M79 is a good weapon" but usually I see them with a barret. Well.... yes. M79 is a good weapon, but not in all hands.

morpheus
January 2, 2004, 1:53 am
the m79 has more cons than pros than any other gun and people still complain about it simply because it's a one hit kill weapon. learn some tactics and you can defeat an m79 with virtually any other gun, simply because all other guns have a greater range than the m79. stay out of it's range and eventually you can take an m79er down. it's just as simple as that.

and a kill is a kill regardless of the distance, nothing noobish about that. and if you get killed by an m79er that's merely an inch away, it's your own fault, making you the noob, not the m79er. why? because you were actually dumb enough to get that close.

this game is 50% skill / 50% tactics. if i were playing a serious game with a barret user one on one, my tactic would be to get the barret user in my range, considering the m79 is no match for the barrets range (or any other gun for that matter) and then take my shot. so simply put, you may be the best shot in the world, but if you have no tactics... you get the point.

Captain_Jimbo
January 2, 2004, 2:01 am

b00sta's got it right on. I could care less if you nail me over a hill with the m79 or whatever. If all one can do is get an inch away from his enemy to get his kill, he's clearly not using any skill to get that kill (woah, rhyme-age). So, if he's doing it as a staple "tactic", is he using any skill at all? The lack of skill in a tactic/move is what get's someone called a n00b; not all m79ers are n00bs.

Aquarius
January 2, 2004, 2:06 am
If you let M79-er to get close to you... read the morpheus' post.

Oh... I heard that in 1.2 M79 has farther range. Contented?

frogboy
January 2, 2004, 2:10 am
I have a better tactic; choose a small map, like Arena2 or Mikra (1.0.5b version), so your barret-wielding opponent has no advantage.

Aquarius
January 2, 2004, 2:11 am
[:D] look at my favourite DM map in my sig. [:o)]

Captain_Jimbo
January 2, 2004, 2:14 am

That's all good some of the time, Aquarius, but lots of times you'll be in motion and can squeeze off as many rounds as you want, but the m79er will just keep on comming and have enough time to lock in and get his shot off; it's not like anyone has the intention of running into their arms.

Aquarius
January 2, 2004, 2:25 am
Ohhh.... Please. Don't cry [:P]

morpheus
January 2, 2004, 2:36 am

If all one can do is get an inch away from his enemy to get his kill, he's clearly not using any skill to get that kill.

well, apparently he was using some sort of skill if he were able to get that close to you before making the kill. or, possibly, it was your lack of skill that couldn't stop him.

and when i ran the old area 51 server, you were a regular visitor. and if my memory serves me correct, you were a deagler at that time. now if you can't stop an m79er from getting that close to you with DEAGLES, then what does tell you? the problem (noobishness) lies on your end, not the m79ers.

Chakra
January 2, 2004, 3:35 am
Now now, I can see where he's coming from.

You're running towards the enemy base in a ctf game at full speed, while on the other side of the map someone else is doing the exact same thing. Wham...you both meet each other.
It is not very long for two people to meet one another at this speed, or be within 'easy kill' range once in view of each other...survivable if your first two shots actually hit, but you'd have to put in quite alot of practice to be able to do that.
Often the attacker knows he cannot likely take on everyone in front of him, so it's far easier for him to simply zip past and make a few wounds for others to dig deeper into. Of course this story is foreign to 1-shot users.

Naturally the alternative is to stop and dodge, where a fight between most guns and a m79 is usually fair and requiring skill, but i'd believe most soldat players are unknowingly aware that for every time they stop, theres more enemies to face who have just promptly respawned. Which perhaps explains why theres so many 1-shot users in ctf games: they're all in a hurry.

Hova
January 2, 2004, 3:52 am
quote:Originally posted by Chakra
Now now, I can see where he's coming from.

You're running towards the enemy base in a ctf game at full speed, while on the other side of the map someone else is doing the exact same thing. Wham...you both meet each other.
It is not very long for two people to meet one another at this speed, or be within 'easy kill' range once in view of each other...survivable if your first two shots actually hit, but you'd have to put in quite alot of practice to be able to do that.
Often the attacker knows he cannot likely take on everyone in front of him, so it's far easier for him to simply zip past and make a few wounds for others to dig deeper into. Of course this story is foreign to 1-shot users.

Naturally the alternative is to stop and dodge, where a fight between most guns and a m79 is usually fair and requiring skill, but i'd believe most soldat players are unknowingly aware that for every time they stop, theres more enemies to face who have just promptly respawned. Which perhaps explains why theres so many 1-shot users in ctf games: they're all in a hurry.I agree. I'm a barret user when I have to be, when I want to charge, I use an auto gun. In a ctf game, if I see the enemy come and I have a barret, I retreat, and get in a place I would think a user would go after capturing the flag: thats when I snipe them. I usually get them half a screen away or so.

Captain_Jimbo
January 2, 2004, 6:50 am

Ahh, Morpheus, you just took me down a huge memory lane trip. Man, those were the days. Anyways, back in those days, I was still, as I am now, very much a fanatic of the FN minimi. The Deagles worked just fine in against the M79 as they still do now...in death match. Chakra pretty much lays out a whole story of close-in one hit kills. M79ers pose little to no problem in deathmatch like they do in CTF. Aquarius over there is pissing his pants over nothing really, I could care less if they do it or not. I've been there and done that with the m79ers, there are always loopholes. I was just answering the guys question of why people get so pissed at certain parts of the game.

But ah, the Area 51 server, man. *reminesses* Back in the days of Jimbo time. Yesiree.

morpheus
January 2, 2004, 7:08 am
yeah, i really used to enjoy running a server, that is, until 1.1.5 came out and started eating so much bandwidth that my connection wouldn't handle it anymore.

M79ers pose little to no problem in deathmatch like they do in CTF.

and who was it that was your "arch nemesis", as i read you say in the logs so many times? lemme think a minute... oh yeah, that john wayne guy that always won. and wasn't he an m79er?

palloco
January 2, 2004, 9:11 am
Aquarius got excited because he can post again and then he could not control himself, dont blame him...or her, whatever.

Disciple_Slink
January 2, 2004, 1:12 pm
TFS, you hit the n4i1 on the head.

Hitman131
January 2, 2004, 7:27 pm
I dont know if it amkes me a newb or not, but no matter how bad Im losing, not matter how many people are barreting or m79ing the only gun I use is the ak79. Its not that I cant use any other guns its just that its the only gun I like that I can use it seems without some one complaining.

Captain_Jimbo
January 2, 2004, 11:00 pm

Ha ha, yeah, John. Truth be told, I've never run across anyone that's ever been so cumbersome as John with the m79, he could nail me from a full screen away. At that time there was still a lot for me to learn, too. But yeah, it's been a loooooooooooooong time since I've fought anyone like that.

*sigh* Where have all the cowboys gone? :P

Anti-Commie
January 2, 2004, 11:02 pm
n00bs-they are everywhere....Or something. a n00b is someone who is
A.) a jerk
B.) someone who insults u when u kill him
C.) someone who whines about M79 or barret
D.)all of the above

note: newbies are ppl who r inexperienced-they may or may not be newbs or 12 year olds (no offense eyic)

b00stA
January 2, 2004, 11:38 pm
quote:Originally posted by Anti-Commie
n00bs-they are everywhere....Or something. a n00b is someone who is
A.) a jerk
B.) someone who insults u when u kill him
C.) someone who whines about M79 or barret
D.)all of the above

note: newbies are ppl who r inexperienced-they may or may not be newbs or 12 year olds (no offense eyic)

Stop generalizing stuff, thanks.

gunny
January 2, 2004, 11:59 pm
newbie see
newbie run
newbie shoot barret gun!

thats my saying

Aquarius
January 3, 2004, 12:42 am
but he miss, oh la la...
other guys have lots of fun!

;)

Disciple_Slink
January 3, 2004, 5:03 am
I reckon a GOOD newbie is someone who admits to you that they are NEW to the game when you first join the server. They play a good game against you and accept tips from you on how to improve their game.
I played one today and it was fun [:D]

gunny
January 3, 2004, 5:44 pm
excaclty what they need to do in the forums
help new poeple if they need it

palloco
January 3, 2004, 11:27 pm
The funny thing is that if you are a newb and you are losing, nobody cares about that, nobody complains, but if you are in the top of the score list with more than 90 points and with your team winning, then every1 starts shouting that you are a noob and you sux and get a wepon and blablabla.

AerialAssault
January 4, 2004, 12:37 am
whatever pallaco said

Sekushi
January 4, 2004, 1:56 am
How would being at the top of the list make you a n00b? I've never even heard anyone say that to someone at the top. Then again, I don't really pay much attention to threats not directed towards me.

n00b:

-all-around idiot
-illiterate b*tch
-the guy that talks in all CAPS
-the guy who you kill, but still says he's better

newb:

-someone new to the game, and knows it

Simple as that. [|)]

palloco
January 4, 2004, 9:47 am
Well, I had just wrote that becasue it happened to me yesterday. Chakra and ¿Splitzy? were doing that.

Chakra
January 4, 2004, 9:51 am
What can I say luv, although using a minigun to escape is useful, it makes your style of play a gimmick and an annoyance rather than a skillful approach in and out, like others manage.

Souza
January 5, 2004, 8:44 pm
i sometimes get called noob for using minigun... dunno why, though..
probably cause the myth that the minigun lags was born O.o and when i use teh m79 ppl dont whine O.o but teh noobs are teh ones that think that know when they actually dont.. imho

enjoyincubus
January 5, 2004, 8:57 pm
I don't understand why people can't just play the GAME. After all, it is a GAME. The purpose of a GAME is to have fun and be entertained. I just play and don't worry about who's using what. In the end, as long as you had fun, why does it matter how long someone's played?

When you focus on little things like "he shot me with the barret! he's a n00b!" or "OMFG he's using the minigun! n00b!", you take away the fun. Just play and don't discriminate. It's like life. Do you go around saying "OMFG that 14 year old blocked my shot! n00b!"?

Just my two cents...take it or leave it

EvilLaugh
January 6, 2004, 1:17 am
quote:Originally posted by DeMo

Nice.. if you think the barret is powerful.. it's there and YOU can use it too!!
The same goes for M79, Mini and every other weapon!

Yes, but this is why we whine, because it is powerful and everyone uses it which in turn makes a not very fun game. (back from 2 week holiday guys : )

Aquarius
January 6, 2004, 1:42 am
Everyone uses M79? Usually I am the only one...

EvilLaugh
January 7, 2004, 3:57 am
I was reffering to barret.

Anti-Commie
January 7, 2004, 5:08 pm
i thot this was a topic about newbies, not barrets. Y does every1 always whine about them????? If you don't like playing against ppl with barrets, then play single player, play with other barret haters, but wutever u do QUIT WHINING ABOUT THE WEAPONS AND HOW THEY ARE "UNBALANCED"!!!!!!

Urhos
January 9, 2004, 3:32 pm
Noob = -mn- general
N00b = -[hst]- amiral

watch out, they go to dna