( search forums )
Custom Settings Option
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
sergioe16
January 2, 2004, 4:29 am
Basically this is the option to chose something in between standard and realistic mode when you start a server.

If you select custom mode you get a menu like this but wilth a pull down menu or buttons.

-Field of view : ( standard/realistic/ultrarealistic)
-Falling damage : ( no / low / high)
-Health : ( Standard/ -50%/ + 50% ... etc
-Jet fuel : ( Standard/ -50%/ + 50% ... etc
-Weapon range : ( Standard/ -50%/ + 50% ... etc
-Walking speed : ( Standard/ -50%/ + 50% ... etc
-Self damage from own weapons: ( yes / no )
-Select respawn point : ( yes / no )

... etc etc

Servers that select custom mode would show so in the lobby, when they join there would be a text showing what changes have been made, or they can press F1 to see what has been changed again.
Players using the all seing eye can view detailed info before hand.

I really dont think this would be too difficult to implement in future versions and that it would add a whole lot more variety to the game.

Gaah
January 2, 2004, 10:54 am
What about gravity? What about an option to disable damage to the head, or body, or legs, or 2 at once, so you can practice head shots, or disable head shots? Maps would need alt. spawn points. Weapon range? It isn't really range, more like speed/velocity. And about F1, what about scores?

eyic
January 2, 2004, 12:10 pm
i support this i mean people can always choose custom mode or the other stable modes, shouldnt do any harm :)

Xalion
January 2, 2004, 12:23 pm
It should be done in map options then. I don't really like the idea about fast people with no gravity.
You can always play UT if that's what you want, I just don't see how it should improve the gaming experience in Soldat.

Aquarius
January 2, 2004, 12:46 pm
Yes! Ability to choose Standard Mode or Custom Mode - which would include tons of options (from reasistic and much more) is a GREAT IDEA!!! And there should a possibility to mix all this options!

Lobby would show an information if the game is Standard or Custom. I like it! And it should be possible to change all this condtitions from admin console (I want admin console in Soldat).

sauron_the_deceiver
January 2, 2004, 12:49 pm
You have this well thought out. However, you have to scroll right in the lobby to see what modes a server is using, and most people don't bother. Consequently, people won't know they're playing custom mode until they join the server, which will be irritating. I propose that the lobby should show a coloured dot next to server names, and the colour of the dot will tell you what modes are being used. If that goes in, I think your idea should go in too =) people are always asking for real mode to be split up.

Da cHeeSeMaN
January 2, 2004, 2:38 pm
yeah it would be pretty good having thos options

?
January 2, 2004, 3:36 pm
yes i agree iwth sauron, its a good idea, but it the lobby needs a tad bit of modification for it to work

CardBoardWarrior
January 2, 2004, 4:29 pm
w00t I think this would make Soldat betta

sergioe16
January 2, 2004, 11:40 pm
How about changing the lobby so when you right click on the server name a small window will appear showing more detailed info if it has custom settings? the tab showing whether the game is 'realistic' should be changed to show what mode is chosen.
Since the F1 button is already used, rules could be shown with the F2 buttton then.

Having the administrator be able to change the rules in the middle of the game would be great, maybe players could use a new "vote settings" menu too?

If Michal wants feels like adding this option, maybe he should only begin by adding like 3 simple options, wait see how players react to it, and decide if to keep it or expand the options.

NightCabbage
January 7, 2004, 9:48 am
Well, I think that most of those options shouldnt be optional.

BUT I really think that Realistic mode needs to have the following options:

Realistic Damage (on/off)
Realistic Line Of Sight (on/off)
Realistic Fall Damage (on/off)
Realistic Weapon Kick-Back (on/off)

Yin_Starrunner
January 7, 2004, 10:32 pm
I just want realistic mode to be split up!