( search forums )
SSC beta Winter 03-04, Akai is the Winner!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Tournaments and Clanwars
BMF
January 2, 2004, 6:47 pm
Akai are Champions!!
Ladies and gentelmen, we have a Winner!! Akai beat NS in the final round with the score of 6-5. Congratulations!

Teh Champions:
Spikesama
Essentle
Scuba-Steve
SilentAssassin

Thanks to all the clan leaders for signing up. Thanks to all the clan members for participating. Thanks to DNA.Styx for making this whole thing possible. Thanks to Soldat community for taking part in this event. This has been a great run.

Hope to see you all in a month for Soldat Seasonal Cup Spring 03-04. More on that coming soon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Uj is out
Uj is causing too many delays this tournament. And we need to get this over with. Akai will play NS for the final.

Sorry guys, i did not want to do this. Unfortunately, we dont have all the time in the world. And Uj seems to be extremely unorganized in planning matches. They are out. So the FINAL MATCH:

Akai vs NS

All right two major things.

1.2 came out, the weapon balance has been changed. The barret rule stays until further notice. I need to play 1.2 some more before making my final decision.

The match between Uj and NS is postponed a couple of days. I am about to kick Uj because they had been causing delays all along. You guys need to play SOON.

Uj beats CIA with a score of 7:1. They advance into the semifinals, where they will play NS. The dealine for the match is set to 01-25-03.

Good luck to both NS and Uj. We are looking forward to the match.

Minor Update
From now on, I will set deadlines for all the matches. Time allowed will be at elast 1 full week. If the clans fail to play the match by a set date, they both may be disqualified from the tournament.
CIA and Uj have until this Sunday to finish their match.

Disqualified clans will not be allowed to take part in upcoming seasonal tournaments.

Akai is in the finals, w00t!!
Now we need CIA to finish their match with Uj, so they can go into the semifinals with NS. And then we will have a grand finale.

So far, everything is running relatively smoothly. Rules are constantly being modified, which is good. Soon we will wrap this thing up.

There has been a minor change to the tournament rules. From now on, both clans can pick the same map and play it twice if they want to.
Also both clans need to agree what maps to play BEFORE the match starts. A clan cannot choose another map, once the match has started.

An important change to the rules
From now on, two 10 min rounds are played instead of three. There is no default map. Teams each choose a map and a side.
If the match is hosted on one server, each team chooses a map and a side. Two rounds are played to determine the winner by the total number of caps.
In case if team A and team B want to host individual rounds. Then team A hosts first round, and team B chooses map/side. Then team B hosts a round, and Team A chooses map/side.
In case of a tie, both maps are replayed, but the rounds last 5 min.

http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/data/BMF/20041165521_RULES.txt

Makes sense? I am still open to how resolve a tie breaker. Feed me some ideas

The first match was played. Akai won over 2wai and they moved on to quater finals. Details in the thread.

The Tournament is open. The 8 clans that signed up were randomized, and the play off grid is set up. Clans can start playing matches as of right now. Please report the results in this thread. Please don't spam this thread. Post the reports only if possible.

Give scores for each map, and the list of the players that took part in the tournament. Please have the screenshots ready.

Good luck to all the competitors!

[IMAGE]

----------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to sign up your clan. Give name/tag, member roster, contacts. Post everything in this thread.

OK we have 8 clans right now, and that should be enough to start the competition. The grid will be created today and posted in a separate thread. The tournament will officially start tomorrow

We need at least 1 more clan to get this thing rolling. I am going to wait 2-3 days before officially starting.

Announcement: Every clan that signs up for the tournament automatically agrees with the rules. If you have problems with any of the rules, please reconsider signing up.

We have 7 clans signed up already. Awesome. Lets see if we can get another 9 =)

Clan Pheonix
Members: Vernonjr.phx, MikeShinoda.phx, Madboy.phx, CardBoardWarrior.phx, Kazuki.phx, Marbire.phx, Snowden.phx, BMF.phx
Contacts: zotman32@hotmail.com, nick504kid@hotmail.com, vernonjr88@aol.com

Terror From Russia
Members: _z1g Pr0ger pongo On1x reSTARt
Contacts: z1g-msn@mail.ru - it is MSN , and it is me e-mail - z1g@mail.ru

Clan: Deadly Alliance (dA|)
Based: Australia
Members: caMac, Truce, NeGoTiaT4, FightA, Deaf Box, Killsweng, Nezza
Contacts: nickj100@hotmail.com , sammygbannger@hotmail.com (both are email and msn)

clan: Akai
members: Chibi, Essentle, R , Scuba-Steve, SilentAssassin, Spikesama, Wol-Shiver, Wormdundee
contacts: ohtee9@yahoo.com jjdc11238@aol.com awsskate@msn.com

Clan: Nice Shot
Tag: NS -
Leaders: TFS and Fabmanx
Members: ^them 2,killbot,spitzfiya, Enjoyincubus, Camping Carl

Cruel In Action| :"CIA":name
Members= Blade(Leader), Psycho, Tai, Surb, Gimli, Hellraider, Evil-XYZ.
Contact=
MSN- blade_soldat@hotmail.com
AIM- TIRBlade

Unlimited Jokers - [UJ] http://www.uj.livesex.pl
Members: Napi, Zingo, RAB, Menda, Spawacz, Highspeeday, Raektis, maka, Crono, No-Merci-boy->
msn/contacts: vandergulden@hotmail.com
fredzius@o2.pl

2wai
Chakra Squal RuFIo Uzzi Link Mariachi
#2wai.Soldat @ Quakenet @ IRC

---------------------------------------------------------------
OK. Here is the dealio. I had been planning to create a CTF clan tournament for Soldat for a while now. I was waiting for 1.2 to come out on Christmas. But it did not. So i am going forward with my ideas. Tell me what you think.

Teh Basics
Clans sign up for the competition. The first 8, 12 or 16 to sign up are randomized and entered into a play-off grid. Then they play matches and advance from round to round. In the end the strongest team wins. Simple
If we have 12 teams signed up, we are going to have 3 teams that make it to the final. In this situation they all play each other, and the winner is determined by victories or the number of caps (look further).

So What
Alot of you are gonna say, well here is another tournament that is not going to work out. Good luck with it. I say STFU. Here is why this is going to work:
The Tournament is short and sweet. It is a play-off, not a ladder. It will not drag on for months and die (see SCTFL).
This tournament is not like many others, there are some very substantial differences from anything that has been done before. Keep reading.

Substantial Differences
The winner is determined by the total number of caps in 3 rounds. Like in hockey. Example. Team A and Team B. Team A wins round one 1:0. Then Team A and Team B have a draw 2:2. In the third round team B wins 4:1. Overall Team B wins 6:4. This system is obviously different from anything used right now.
"Optional Barret Rule" also known as "Chakra Rule" - the barret can only be used if both clans agree to use it. Since 1.2 is not out yet, barret is a big problem. So it cannot be used unless both clans agree to do so.

What do I need from You?
Obviously, feedback. Please tell me why my ideas suxxor. And i promise not to flame you. All kinds of suggestions are welcome. I will be recruiting some staff (1-2 people) to help me work through the whole thing.

Where is teh homepage biotch?!
I dont have a home page yet. I was thinking of doing it in some free forum. Any ideas?

Marbire
January 2, 2004, 7:03 pm
Looks good....... can't wait to get started.

Heres my predictions, :D
http://home.comcast.net/~felixalba/grid.jpg

Chakra
January 2, 2004, 8:16 pm
CIA beat UJ? Akai beat 2wai?? you're tripping luv...anyhow...

[URL]

..bah..what a crap .wav to start the season off. [B)]

CardBoardWarrior
January 2, 2004, 9:16 pm
Of course .phx is at the top, meaning we gonna win ;P, that is, unless we play 2wai...

R
January 2, 2004, 9:32 pm
phx wont even get past the first round, let alone beating akai :X cause whenever anyone is gunna play phx all they have to do is enforce the barret law and phx cant use the barret, therefore rendering them powerless and they'll get slaughtered every round.

Chakra
January 2, 2004, 9:44 pm
God I love my rule ^_^

Marbire
January 2, 2004, 10:04 pm
The last match we played with NS was a lagfest. When we play on our fast server its much closer. We have beat them before, but they've beat us a lot more.

And about 2wai...... I've only played them once so I'm not really aware of how good they are. Apparently, they are really good? Bah, I have faith in Akai to beat them.

And CIA vs Uj..... I've never even heard of Uj so I thought of them as an unknown clan. If CIA has barrets, then they can be extremely good....... if they don't, then they are sh!t out of luck.

Oh, and on another note, I haven't heard of dAl either, so that's gonna be new for me 2. And R, I can't believe you said that taking the barret away from phx clan would leave us useless. I find that comment pathetic. We don't even use the barret that much...

And of COURSE I'm gonna put PHX has winning the cup. What kind of clan member would I be if I had no confidence? :)

BMF
January 2, 2004, 10:24 pm
For Christ's sakes.. How about we stop spamming huh? Jeez, play some matches and stop running your gums. Seriously, what is up with all the spam?!

PLEASE POST REPORTS ONLY THANK YOU

Marb did you have to start all this?!

BMF
January 3, 2004, 3:14 am
Thanks to Chakra, we have a new wicked looking grid.

Thank you for not spamming the thread fabmanx.. Anyway, we can start playing matches now. Post results here.

eyic
January 3, 2004, 3:45 am
I have a feeling Akai is gonna win :/
oh btw dA is an aus clan, i guess they'll be an ok opponent, they're the best clan in aus atm, though i dont think they'll wi nagainst phx and even if they do, they'll lose against Akai for sure :/

sorry if this is counted as spam BMF

btw - my prediction

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] grid.gif16.44 KB

MikeShinoda.pheonix
January 3, 2004, 4:53 am
this will be good.

BMF
January 3, 2004, 10:11 pm
OK you guys know this is a trial tournament, we are still working on some things. So i missed one important aspect. WHat happens if the teams tie after 3 rounds?
I was thinking there are two 5 min rounds on the maps already played. And teams switch sides for those maps. And if the match is played on two different servers, each server gets a chance to host.

What do you think? We need a brainstorm here

And i want to see some reports!! We are playing our first match sunday

DeafBox
January 4, 2004, 12:27 am
After the end of the three maps and its a tie, ie(a win each and a draw) then u have a count back. The team with the most caps win. If there was a tie in caps, then maybe the adavantage should be given to the away team. If its on a Neutral server, play a random map and make it first cap wins :) Imagine the tension.
Just my suggeston

Spike
January 4, 2004, 12:32 am
Akai over 2wai
ctf_b2b 1-1 tie
ctf_run 2-1 2wai wins [map selected by 2wai]
ctf_kampf 2-1 Akai wins [map selected by Akai]
tie 4-4
we decided to play a tiebreaker round since we were tied in caps as well.
ctf_laos 7-1 Akai wins [map decision decided by both sides]

This was an intense match and well played by both sides.

Akai
Spikesama
R
Scuba-steve

2wai
Chakra
Squal
Link
those were the rosters of both teams.

R
January 4, 2004, 12:40 am
deafbox, a first cap to win would never show the skill of a clan, i would suggest just play 1 more map and whoever wins in that is the winner, and if u tie that then just keep playing.

gi.joe
January 4, 2004, 2:11 am
lol Kaz ure an idiot...

CardBoardWarrior
January 4, 2004, 3:00 am
fabmanx and gi.joe- signs of weakness with comments like that.
Hail Kaz.

BMF
January 4, 2004, 4:40 am
CAN YOU CUT DOWN THE SPAM PLEASE

I want to hear more suggestions concerning the tie situation before i make a final decision. Please speak up

Akai won anyway, i will edit the grid in a bit

EDIT These people spammed the thread for no apparent reason

fabmanx eyic Kazuki gi.joe CardBoardWarrior enjoyincubus

give them a round of applause

eyic
January 4, 2004, 4:48 am
but i didn't try to spam i just posted once and now ur making me post this coz u mentioned my name :/

DeafBox
January 4, 2004, 7:15 am
quote:Originally posted by R
deafbox, a first cap to win would never show the skill of a clan, i would suggest just play 1 more map and whoever wins in that is the winner, and if u tie that then just keep playing.

Yeah, the problem with that would be that the match could go on and on and on. Also there could be a shortage of maps and if a map had to be repeated, that could favor a particular clan.
So having 1 cap wins like in Soccer with the "Golden Goal" it would be finished much quicker. The two clans to reach this stage are obviously incredible even, so it?s not a disadvantage, or not be representative of the clan?s skills.

BMF
January 4, 2004, 7:22 am
So far I think. Two 5 min matches are played. On maps that had already been chosen for regular rounds. But clans switch sides for both maps. If the match is hosted on two servers, each server gets a chance to host. What do you think?

enjoyincubus I admire your level of maturity. Speaks well for you and your clan. *gives a round of applause*

DeafBox
January 4, 2004, 7:29 am
What happens if there is a tie after the two rounds? Also in 5 mins, not many caps will be made making a tie more likely.

TIR_Blade
January 4, 2004, 3:24 pm
Can't we just take screenshots and judge by the number of points of a team? So add up 1 clans total points of all 3 rounds and compare to other clans.

BMF
January 4, 2004, 5:06 pm
DeafBox you don't understand the rules. The winner is determined by the total number of caps throughout 3 rounds, not by winning or losing individual rounds. Blade, do you mean kills are counted and the winner is determined?

I was thinking that two 5 min rounds to be played on the same maps, would give a chance of a tie breaker. Plus if two people host the match, it would give them both a chance to host

Kazuki
January 4, 2004, 5:53 pm
Well, you can do this 3 ways.

1. If there is a total tie in both caps and matches won, you can also count the kills and determine the winner.
2. If there is a total tie in both caps and matches won, you can play 5 minute matches on the maps which were tied until a winner is decided on the maps that were tied.
3. If there is a total tie in both caps and matches won, you can play a "Golden Goal" match (like in Soccer), where the first team to cap wins it all.

R
January 4, 2004, 6:25 pm
bmf, the way that you are describing your tiebreaker is still very confusing. Which 2 maps would u go back and play according to your idea? the 2 that each clan picked?

BMF
January 4, 2004, 8:03 pm
There had been some important changes to the rules. Please read the first post in this thread.

new edition of the rules
http://soldatforum.dnagames.net/data/BMF/2004142348_RULES.txt

enjoyincubus
January 5, 2004, 3:20 am
NS over TFR:

EnJoY Incubus reporting here from the crisp, thin air of b2b. Today, the beautiful blue skies have been torn with the bullet fragments and explosions usually associated with brutal killing and violence. Though this is once again true, an important lesson has been learned. It's all about having fun, no matter what the ping, the score, or the odds. The fun comes from having your head blown off by a precisely aimed LAW shot. It comes from the dreaded nade hiding in the polygon. TFR showed this today.

The score was close at the beginning: 0-0. But a quick score by EI and Killbot put NS ahead, and they never looked back.

After the match, TFR showed incredible sportsmanship, and for that, I am very impressed. We had fun, and that's what the game is about-it is, after all, a game...it's great to see someone not lose track of that fact.

ctf_b2b: 10-0 for NS
TFR forfeits

NS
Enjoyincubus
Fabmanx
Killbot

TFR
Proger
z1g
Restart

Good game to TFR! You showed great sportsmanship!

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] screenshot5.jpg68.31 KB

BMF
January 5, 2004, 3:20 am
Pheonix over dAl
ctf_b2b 0-0 tie
ctf_kampf 5-1 win for Pheonix

This was very intense. Because we tried their server, and we could not really play there. So we played on Optik's server twice. And dAl guys lagged alot.
Anyway good game. I didnt play the first one, but my clannies said you gave us hell =)

DeafBox
January 5, 2004, 3:46 am
Hey guys, i just want to post and thank BMF and his broz for the match. It was a shame that
a round couldnt be played in both countries, but thats life.
Anyway, i think its the first time EVER that an Australian clan has actually wared an American one so were still pretty happy that it finally happened.
I would also like to apologise to the phx clan for any abuse that may have been sent their way via dA members, it was only as a result of the closeness of the match and the level of intensity.sorry.
Finally, dA plans to be more active in the international community, so i look forward to waring all u American clans in the future.
Good Luck to every1 for the rest of the comp.

Spike
January 5, 2004, 5:29 am
I was informed by a dA| member that phx agreed to play a match on both servers, but after joining theyre server and loosing 1-0 they left and complained about lag. Now dont get me wrong I support both clans but im speaking for dA| because they were unjustly played. Supposidly they had the same lag as phx did when playing on optiks so how can you go back on an agreement after playing and tieing on your own server and to leave because you start loosing by 1 cap? It just doesnt seem rite to go back on an agreement if they had the same pings as you on the american server. But maybe there is some information that is missing but from what ive heard they were not treated fairly.

fabmanx
January 5, 2004, 5:35 am
Yes i also heard this too...and i believe it is unfair...u lagged alot on there server, dont u think they lagged alot on urs?

enjoyincubus
January 5, 2004, 5:37 am
Yeah, from what I've heard, I think that dA| was treated unjustly.

I'm probably going out on a limb here, but I'd like to first hear more info, and then I think this match should be replayed with one round on their server, and one on Optiks. They wanted to host...you can lag one match, and they can lag one match.

I'm not saying you have to, but it would be nice. I don't have a very solid source, but that's my half-hearted opinion.

Marbire
January 5, 2004, 5:55 am
quote:Originally posted by Spike
I was informed by a dA| member that phx agreed to play a match on both servers, but after joining theyre server and loosing 1-0 they left and complained about lag.

To put it simply, that part is bullsh!t. We were playing on their server, and BMF went AFK (probly connect. probs.) ....... They THEN grabbed the flag, while I was yellING STOP STOP!. BMF then DISCONNECTED, and THEN they ran back and capped. How in the world is that losing 1-0? They Then CONTINUED to paly, saying you play after someone disconnected. They obviously didn't read the rules which clearly states you continue palying only if someone LEAVES, not disconnects

We then AGREED (key word AGREE) to play on Optiks. They kept whining that they wanted their cap. Finally we agreed to stop their whining, and give them 1 free cap. We then began to beat them, and they started saying stuff like "we deserve 2 caps." I told him fine sine we bwere winning 5-0

Im sorry but that info he gave u is completely flawed and dA should be embarassed.

Oh, and also.... on their server, BMF got up to 400...... optik around 300-350, and my around 250. We were also spawning all over the palce.

EVERY SINGLE damn one of them got under 250.. and around 216 on Optiks server. I have a screenie to prove it. Definetely not the "same lag"

eyic
January 5, 2004, 5:57 am
well they were playing on my CABLE server, which sucks lol, it gives usa players bad ping if theres 6 people on server, the aus community has to live with cable servers as u see -_-

Marbire
January 5, 2004, 6:00 am
quote:Originally posted by eyic
well they were playing on my CABLE server, which sucks lol, it gives usa players bad ping if theres 6 people on server, the aus community has to live with cable servers as u see -_-

We tried yours AFTER trying theirs.

dA I can't believe you would agree to something, LOSE, and THEN Whine. THen on top of that, go around telling lies. That my friends is poor sportsman ship, and your clan should be ashamed of themselves

Wait till BMF heres this sh!t

Spike
January 5, 2004, 6:05 am
well if thats the way it happened I take back what i said sorry for causing a rucus was just speakin for da as i was asked to

Spike
January 5, 2004, 6:06 am
well if thats the way it happened I take back what i said sorry for causing a rucus was just speakin for da as i was asked to

Marbire
January 5, 2004, 6:08 am
Well I'm glad you posted it, because I'd like to know what lies dA is spreading. They should bring themselves into this thread and apologize.

DeafBox
January 5, 2004, 6:38 am
Hey, i was hoping this wouldnt happen but o well. Im sorry if this post is offends any1, cos its not intentional and i was hoping that this was settled. Also that i found BMF and Marbire really friendly and helpfully in the organisation of the war.As u could tell with my earlier post i was accepting that the match wasnt 100% fair, but that it was finished.

So, with dA's cap
quote:To put it simply, that part is bullsh!t. We were playing on their server, and BMF went AFK (probly connect. probs.) ....... They THEN grabbed the flag, while I was yellING STOP STOP!. BMF then DISCONNECTED, and THEN they capped. How in the world is that losing 1-0?
Im sorry Mabrie but i have to disagree with that description. The cap was easily made before BMF disconnected. There is no way i can prove it, but neither can u...
Also as for u yelling stop, it was more me. There is no doubt that the server was not great. I was actually asking for u guys to stop the match and decide if we wanted to continue. This i promise on my SOUL was before the first cap. You guys didnt say anything about the lag, and kept playing. I wish i had the chat log, cos i would of said STOP atleast sperate 5 times. U guys did not reply so i took that to mean that u were happy with the laggg and the odd teleporting soldat.

quote:We then AGREED (key word AGREE) to play on Optiks. They kept whining that they wanted their cap. Finally we agreed to stop their whining, and give them 1 free cap. We then began to beat them, and they started saying stuff like "we deserve 2 caps." I told him fine sine we bwere winning 5-0

Thats pretty much all true. We did agree to us Opticks, but that was only after u flatly refused to play on one of our servers. It would of disadvantage u no doubt, but if u look at it from our side we were disadvantaged twice on ur server.

quote:Oh, and also.... on their server, BMF got up to 400 once...... optik around 300-350, and my around 250
Yeah thats correct. I would argue that we got very similar pings on ur server. O and i have a screeny if u want to see it.

Finally to Spike, Fabmanx and EI we really didnt need u too post on our behalf. If i thought there was a need to complain i would of done it myself. Your posting has only made dA look bad and ur coments are not representative of all the dA members. Even if some1 asked to post on their behalf, u were not involved in the war and do not know the context in which decision and actions were taken.
I would also like to include that i am not a leader of dA, but i will follow and do what my leader wants and expects me to do. Even if i DONT always agree with their decisions. I think this is one of those cases.
Im sorry to all of phx and to all of dA, when i signed up for this comp, i new there would be issues with us being Aussie and i hope this doesnt reflect to badly on the clan or the comp.

Marbire
January 5, 2004, 6:45 am
OK, for one thing........... I remember it PERFECTLY. I was in the pit at my base yelling STOP STOP, because BMF wasnt repsondning. YOu then grabbed the flag, and he disconnected as you were leaving. I know thats what happened, but like you said I can't prove it. But I wouldn't lie about something like that.

quote:Thats pretty much all true. We did agree to us Opticks, but that was only after u flatly refused to play on one of our servers. It would of disadvantage u no doubt, but if u look at it from our side we were disadvantaged twice on ur server.

After we flatly refused to play on your server? When one of our members has 400 ping, the other 350, and we are spawning in the wrong bases? The lag was significantly worse for us on your server, than it was for you on Optiks server.

So we then agreed to play on Optiks..... even gave you a free cap... and then u complain, and spread lies. I know its lies, and so do you, because you sent me the convo. Fighta started all this and he said straight lies. Such as "they were losing 1-0 and they all quit" and "iwas getting 400 ping"

If you agree to something, you stick with it. If you would of argued BEFORE we won you it would be a bit different. PLease.

DeafBox
January 5, 2004, 6:53 am
quote:But I wouldn't lie about something like that.
Well neither would i... and i dont like what ur suggesting. Like i said there is no way to ever prove this, so it will always be word against word.

quote:even gave you a free cap...
It wasnt free, in MY opnion we made that cap far and square. Again, its a matter of opinion.
I said to BMF on msn last nite and in my original post I considered the matter closed and that da would war phx at another time, on a different Australian server. But again this is just MY opinion, not that of da's.

Marbire
January 5, 2004, 7:04 am
quote:Originally posted by DeafBox
quote:[quote]even gave you a free cap...
It wasnt free, in MY opnion we made that cap far and square. Again, its a matter of opinion.
I said to BMF on msn last nite and in my original post I considered the matter closed and that da would war phx at another time, on a different Australian server. But again this is just MY opinion, not that of da's.

Ok...... It wasn't free, you deserved it. That's why we gave it to you! And you agreed to take the cap, and go to our server. THEN YOU LOST! SO what's going on here? you agreed to something, then lost, and now are complaining?

Something is definetely wrong here. I am going to bed. Godnight

MikeShinoda.pheonix
January 5, 2004, 7:10 am
well...guys just remember that this is a beta cup. it doesnt mean to much and i can see both sides. i dont know how the whole da| clan feels about this but deafbox is representing them here. and he is ok with the match. so i think the flaming from everyone should be stopped. da| we look forward to another match. thanks for being reasonable deafbox,
Mike, co-founder of TeamPheonix.

frogboy
January 5, 2004, 7:51 am
You should have disagreed to play on Optiks; that way, they'd resign, you'd win by default.

BMF
January 5, 2004, 4:50 pm
Sorry folks, i could not stay up later last night, sicne i have a fever. I considered this matter closed. I dont know how it got out of hand again. Here is my side of the story.

I did not play the first game. It was played on Optik's server and ended with 0-0. Then we tried one Australian server. I was getting lag over 400 constantly and i could barely type. The server is unplayable. Then we went to Eyic's server. And started playing. I could not really play, my frame rate was extremely low. I kept going and disconnected in about a minute. When i came back they were up 2 caps.

Anyway i asked them if they want to play on Optik's server since i cannot physically play on theirs. And they agreed. We played the match, and not a single person said "stop", i remember that. If they stopped and refused to play, we would postpone the match or something.
Yes, we did give them one "free cap" before the start, i just forgot about it, but i put it in now =)

This is very difficult for me, since i run the tournament and play in it at the same time. I should not have done that. Personally i thought that the matter was closed. I mean you agreed to play and we played.

Kazuki
January 5, 2004, 10:07 pm
I dunno about it all. I only played in the first round. But I believe that dA were all good sports and good players too. =) Good game guys.

R
January 5, 2004, 11:46 pm
well one question i have is why didnt you play 3 rounds like the rules specify?

BMF
January 6, 2004, 12:38 am
read the first post R

Optik
January 6, 2004, 3:21 am
quote:Originally posted by frogboy
You should have disagreed to play on Optiks; that way, they'd resign, you'd win by default.

please tell me you're retarded..... lol

anyways hell next time tehre's a tourney make it america + Europe only cause everyone out of these two continents should have their own tourneys or somethign cause playing with 300 ping is not playing and still back to the argument lol just a point that when u played at our server at least you didn't spawn in the wrong base or spawn after someone killed you in the same place where you died, when we were testing ur server we all got higher ping(cept marb) then all of u in our server u got average 200-250 and thats at least not 300 average, also that cap that you said "counted" i don't know how if BMF got disconnected like a minute before u scored and even eyic agreed to that and he was admin on a console and he saw him get disconnected and it's not our problem that soldat has bugs like this either and the damn anti-lag supports prolly ony like 200 ping max and above that goes even crazier than without it lol so it doesn't help either.... anyways i got a msg from NS yesterday not long our match and one thing i can say that we should all be more like TFR clan from russia and they didn't bitch at all playing NS on my server with 300 ping and even wished them good luck, like fab said every clan should be like this and every clan could improve in this including phx, anyways good game even though rugers pissed me off at the start lol but still gg and this should end it.. no more posts about this match !!! [B)]

rab
January 7, 2004, 10:49 pm
[UJ]:
RAB
Spawacz
Meandor

CIA:
Blade
Ravenous
Tai

B2B: UJ 3 - 1 CIA

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] cia101.gif91.92 KB

We didn't play second round, because Blade said that his brother is downloading and he lags. And then they left game. First question; why his brother started downloading (we arranged clanwar one day before match); second question; if he had so big lag, why he playd first round?! I supossed get another member (CIA Surb was on-line), but he didn't want. I supossed change server to other good swedish one, but he didn't want. In my opinion they just ran away.

We playd on good swedish server (10 mb).

TIR_Blade
January 7, 2004, 10:59 pm
I already addresed this in the other thread but seeing on how ur kinda lazy and confused ill repeat myself.

I for one told you that my brother is downloading b4 we started, i said i dont no if I can play but u didn't care because u started the match without asking me, so i said ahh [:-censored] it. THEN, when we arranged the clan war, i said maybe, i didn't say yes for sure i said hopefully. About my brother starting downloading, i have NO [:-censored]ING CONTROL over that, he's an ass and will always remain an ass, if i try to turn off his download's he kix my ass or just doesn't let me play my own computer (dont ask). In the match, i couldn't kill nebody, i got rare kills from nade spamming. My lag was 0-460 which is the worst when it's unstable that way. It was their server. We played first round because u were frigen rushing us and ur dam lucky we did. We agreed to count the first round cuz we rnt assholes. Then u started saying that we forfeit, when i said postpone. If you really care that much about us playing the first round then we could not count the first match, but im sure that you want the win and i can understand that, so i aint taking 1st round away from u. Just play the next 2 rounds some other day.

And your oppinion about us running away...I couldn't give a rats ass about ur oppinion. Cuz u really wouldn't like to hear my oppinion...[:D]

rab
January 7, 2004, 11:09 pm
quote:Originally posted by TIR_Blade
I already addresed this in the other thread but seeing on how ur kinda lazy and confused ill repeat myself.

I for one told you that my brother is downloading b4 we started, i said i dont no if I can play but u didn't care because u started the match without asking me, so i said ahh [:-censored] it. THEN, when we arranged the clan war, i said maybe, i didn't say yes for sure i said hopefully. About my brother starting downloading, i have NO [:-censored]ING CONTROL over that, he's an ass and will always remain an ass, if i try to turn off his download's he kix my ass or just doesn't let me play my own computer (dont ask). In the match, i couldn't kill nebody, i got rare kills from nade spamming. My lag was 0-460 which is the worst when it's unstable that way. It was their server. We played first round because u were frigen rushing us and ur dam lucky we did. We agreed to count the first round cuz we rnt assholes. Then u started saying that we forfeit, when i said postpone. If you really care that much about us playing the first round then we could not count the first match, but im sure that you want the win and i can understand that, so i aint taking 1st round away from u. Just play the next 2 rounds some other day.

I don't want to play other day. You could play, but you ran away. You should got another member. And server wasn't our, it was neutral. And i wrote that we are starting a match and you didn't protest. And you shouldn't even arrived to server, if you knew that you lag. So, not a my problem that you had lag.

TIR_Blade
January 7, 2004, 11:17 pm
1. we didn't run away but no matter how many times i say that u'll keep usin that line so w/e.
2. We couldn't get another member, neways, by the time we could u had already made it clear we weren't playing.
3. Server wasn't yours, w/e doesn't matter.
4. Ya u did write that u were starting the match, i didn't no i had lag tho.
5. I didn't no i had lag till i got there, and it is your problem because we didn't finish the match.
6. We let u have the first win so i don't really understand what your problem is, most people wouldn't do that and ur just being stubborn now...

P.S. Im done arguing with you, when ur serius about having a matcha nd not ripping off other clans for ur victory then IM me.

R
January 7, 2004, 11:21 pm
rab, your clan is the stupidest clan of them all. You guys try to win by cheating/lying and making up stories. Just because they cant finish a match doesnt mean you always win by default, finish the match rab, if your clan wont finish it then give the win to CIA

TIR_Blade
January 7, 2004, 11:23 pm
I don't really wanna just GET a win, even if i risk losing, I have nothing against UJ, just think Rab is taking the winning thing way too far.

BMF
January 8, 2004, 12:09 am
OK I read all the posts carefully. First round goes for Uj, they are up 3-1. But you guys need to play the second (and final) round. Please arrange and play it, because right now the match is only half-way done.
As i understand, Blade is ready to match you guys, and i dont understand what the problem is. The easiest solution is to arrange a time when Blade can play without lag. And finish the match.

So far, 1 round was played, Uj up 3-1

TIR_Blade
January 8, 2004, 12:12 am
Ty, ill talk to rab on msn some time tomorow, try to work it out.

Camping_Carl
January 9, 2004, 6:19 pm
someday i want to play one of these matches i hope someday im allowed to

Spectral
January 9, 2004, 10:46 pm
i wish i was here to sign my clan up for this :P

BMF
January 10, 2004, 7:21 am
we are going to have another one in the spring spring spec =)

but first CIA has to play Uj......

SILENT
January 10, 2004, 10:13 pm
Akai over .phx

ctf_kampf 2-0 Akai
ctf_voland 4-1 Akai

Akai = 6 phx = 1

Akai:
Spikesama
Silent Assassin
R
Scubasan

phx:
BMF
Marb
Kaz
Optik

GG phx

BMF
January 10, 2004, 10:18 pm
gg. I will upgrade the grid tomorrow, because i need to run now.

We did good on kampf, and not half as good on Voland. We will make a grand comeback in the spring tho =)

never underestimate Spike
he is the man with a plan

SILENT
January 10, 2004, 10:20 pm
When is CIA and UJ playing...

TIR_Blade
January 10, 2004, 10:50 pm
Im Tryin Im Trying, he's being a little dodgy of me.

Spike
January 10, 2004, 11:23 pm
gg phx was a good match

Essentle
January 11, 2004, 12:55 am
Gj guys.. :)
My sis had first turn on comp today....

BMF
January 11, 2004, 4:32 pm
OK Akai is in the final. I updated the grid. Uj needs to play CIA, so we can wrap this thing up some time soon.

There has been a minor change to the rules. If both clans want to play the same map, they can both pick the same map, and play it twice.
Another thing. Both clans need to agree what maps they want to play before the match starts. Then they must play those maps.

refer to the first post for details

Chakra
January 12, 2004, 7:15 am
First tournement of the year, and it's actually going to finish! [:O]

Optik
January 13, 2004, 10:45 pm
yeah lol this one out of few literaly few tounys that actually finish heh i havn't seen much finish heh always dies :P hopefully sctfl3 will finish this year too heh

R
January 13, 2004, 11:31 pm
it will optik, it will. I can definitely say that. (about sctfl3)

Spectral
January 14, 2004, 12:44 am
ya this tourney is nice and simple with fewer clans.

Go Akai!! u hav the powaa.

BMF
January 14, 2004, 4:21 am
this tourney will finish as soon as CIA plays Uj *sigh*

SILENT
January 14, 2004, 5:52 am
I hope we can finish this by this weekend :S

frogboy
January 14, 2004, 5:55 am
How about this:

If CIA/UJ don't have their match before a set time limit, They are disqualified and NS goes into the finals.

BMF
January 14, 2004, 4:48 pm
Uj and CIA have until Sunday to play the match. If the dont, they both will be disqualified.

I will write new rules about how long 2 clans can take to play a match later today.

EDIT CIA and Uj are playing this friday, so hopefully we can finish the tourney this weekend

Meandor
January 15, 2004, 12:29 pm
quote:Originally posted by rab

Download Attachment: [IMAGE] cia101.gif91.92 KB

We didn't play second round, because Blade said that his brother is downloading and he lags.

^
ROFL

eyic
January 15, 2004, 12:46 pm
meandor and hsi team mate both had bad pings so there was only 1 good pinger in UJ and there was 2 good pingers in CiA, so i think the match wasnt fair for UJ even though they won, Blade you should've continued the second round, it would be fair....

TIR_Blade
January 15, 2004, 1:12 pm
LOL, ill show u another screeny when i get home, ita was basicly 3 on 2, cuz it didn't matter how many times i shot them, i just ended up dying at the other end of the map.

BMF
January 16, 2004, 4:56 am
Minor Update to the rules:

For all the future matches clans will have a deadline by which they need to play the match. Time allowed is at least one full week. I will be posting all the deadlines before the matches are arranged. If the clans fail to play by the set date for whatever reason, they could be eliminated from the tournament.

See the first post for details.

Since we did not have this rule before, i will be easy on CIA and Uj. They have to play the second round by this Sunday. Guys, you had a month ffs =)

eyic
January 16, 2004, 5:10 am
quote:Originally posted by TIR_Blade
LOL, ill show u another screeny when i get home, ita was basicly 3 on 2, cuz it didn't matter how many times i shot them, i just ended up dying at the other end of the map.

its was more like 2vs1, 2 UJ people had crap ping, and meandors ping suck even worser than urs, and the other UJ had over 300, it was basically 2 good pigns for CiA vs 1 good pinger in UJ, I think u should've finished the match of 0.o

fabmanx
January 16, 2004, 5:37 am
eyic how bout u just leave CIA and UJ alone and let them play there match, jeez 1st round is already done...give it a rest

BMF
January 16, 2004, 6:38 am
Please dont start with the spam again

*cough* eyic *cough*

SoldatStriker
January 16, 2004, 6:45 am
Thread made into a sticky. Live large BMF.

eyic
January 16, 2004, 6:52 am
quote:Originally posted by fabmanx
eyic how bout u just leave CIA and UJ alone and let them play there match, jeez 1st round is already done...give it a rest

just wanted to point it out 0.o

sorry BMF....

BMF
January 16, 2004, 3:13 pm
Thank you, Striker

SoldatStriker
January 16, 2004, 6:16 pm
You're welcome.

makazuma
January 16, 2004, 10:18 pm

[UJ] won against CIA after we played the 2nd map finaly.

Map B2B [UJ] 3 - 1 CIA

Map voland [UJ] 4 - 0 CIA

GG all.

screen:
[IMAGE]

[UJ] continues battle Yaoi!

TIR_Blade
January 16, 2004, 10:28 pm
ya gg guyz, altho a little sad u guyz banned tai but it made no difference, u did better than us.

R
January 17, 2004, 12:36 am
UJ banned tai from playing in the match? what a bunch of freaking noobs...

rab
January 17, 2004, 1:09 am
OMG! How sad!

SILENT
January 17, 2004, 1:18 am
quote:Originally posted by R
UJ banned tai from playing in the match? what a bunch of freaking noobs...

agreed. So say UJ makes the championship, what are they gonna do ban us..god you ppl

BMF
January 17, 2004, 3:24 am
Uj - CIA : 7 - 1 after two maps

Uj will play NS in the semifinals. They need to play the match by 01-25-03

Things are moving ladies and gentelmen

popseed
January 17, 2004, 9:37 am
we banned him after kicking him twice as we asked him to leave pre match.

TIR_Blade
January 17, 2004, 3:45 pm
Im not gonna argue here, dont flame them neways, but next time guyz, think b4 u do something like banning where u can't unban.

BMF
January 17, 2004, 8:02 pm
ok matters settled

BMF
January 25, 2004, 8:29 pm
All right two major things.

1.2 came out, the weapon balance has been changed. The barret rule stays until further notice. I need to play 1.2 some more before making my final decision.

The match between Uj and NS is postponed a couple of days. I am about to kick Uj because they had been causing delays all along. You guys need to play SOON.

Spectral
January 25, 2004, 10:31 pm
whoa i read the rules and frequency must be set at 0...no health packs!? Why?

n00bface
January 25, 2004, 10:41 pm
Health packs aren't bonuses, Spectral.. bonus_frequency just takes out clusters, pred, flamegod, berserk and vest..

SILENT
January 28, 2004, 5:54 am
So, whens the deadline for NS and UJ.....

Lets get this finished.[:O]

popseed
January 29, 2004, 5:02 pm
the deadline would be as soon as we can find a time suitable for both of us. its hard seeing as we are 9 hours apart.

BMF
January 29, 2004, 9:26 pm
OK, i made an executive decision. Uj is out of the tournament. They took 3 weeks to play CIA, and now NS vs Uj match cannot happen for over two weeks. Anyway, Uj is out. Akai will play NS for the final.

SILENT
January 30, 2004, 4:50 am
k whens our deadline?

popseed
January 30, 2004, 9:05 am
ever thought it isnt our fault that we cant play against american clan's, if you wanted to make it an america only tourney let us know. we wouldnt have registered.

TIR_Blade
January 30, 2004, 5:03 pm
Just to comment, u coulda played us like 1-2 weeks b4 u did, Rab said he had members on so i said lets play, he said nah. Another time we had the perfect oppertunity and he said i've got members on, but ima go do something else, i said what he said i dont no. It has nothin to do with intercontinental, it's got to do with rab.

BMF
January 30, 2004, 5:37 pm
There is no deadline, since its the final match. I think Spike said that Akai plays on Saturday

popseed
January 30, 2004, 7:54 pm
well. rab is a homosexual. but maka is the guy who signed us up. dont talk to rab. talk to me or maka.

TIR_Blade
January 30, 2004, 9:52 pm
I dunno bout nebody else but u definitely shouldn't be runnin ur mouth against ur leader, u don't like em leave.

popseed
January 30, 2004, 10:52 pm
i did.

BMF
January 31, 2004, 2:41 am
How about you all stop spamming?

TIR_Blade
January 31, 2004, 3:31 am
sorry bmf, i wont come back.

rab
February 1, 2004, 2:32 am
it's kinda unfair...i talked with TFS and u...and it isn't our fault...i said that we want play, but it is 7 hours diffrent...but ok...u are from america, i understund...

BMF
February 1, 2004, 3:11 am
RAB dont get me started. You took 3 weeks to play CIA. And you took almost 3 weeks to play NS. Uj was the only clan here that was causing major delays. We had 2 other european clans, and an australian clan. And they had no trouble arranging matches.

You guys almost ruined the tourney. So get off my back, case closed.

Spike
February 1, 2004, 4:41 am
Akai over NS

Akai players:
Scuba
Silent Assassin
Spikesama

NS players:
FabmanX
TFS
Spitz

Laos: 0-0 selected by NS
Voland: 6-5 selected by Akai
victor Akai

was fun but very wierd game lol.
On Laos we had about a 6 minute standoff with the flags and Akai almost returned 2 times but TFS and others were really strong on defending theyre flagger. Was a really nerve wrecking round.

NS made this huge comeback on voland we were winnin 5-1 and they came up to 5-4 then we caped 6-4 and then they caped 6-5. Really intense..

SILENT
February 1, 2004, 4:47 am
Yeah GG. Thanks to BMF, for making this tourney and all that participated. Au revoir. :P

BMF
February 1, 2004, 6:53 am
YAY we have a winner!!

Congratulations to Akai for winning the competition. It's been emotional. Thanks to all the clans for their participation. This has been alot of fun.

Can anybody make an image that would say like "Soldat Seasonal Cup Champions Winter 03-04"? We could fit it in a sig or something. I am bad with Paint and whatnot. That would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to see you all in a month for the Srping Soldat Cup beta. More on that coming soon.

Scuba Steve
February 1, 2004, 7:19 am
Congrats to Bmf makin a a tourney stay alive it was fun im lookin forward to the next one :).

fabmanx
February 1, 2004, 7:27 am
GG akai....u guys deserved the win...we played good but not enuf...

DeafBox
February 1, 2004, 7:35 am
Congrats to akai and NS for making the final. Also gj, n1, gw, wd.... to BMF for running a great comp.
cyaz in spring.

BMF
February 1, 2004, 4:34 pm
Once again,

Teh Champions:
Spikesama
Essentle
Scuba-Steve
SilentAssassin

TIR_Blade
February 1, 2004, 6:18 pm
ehh sorry, but aren't the chaps all of Akai, or is that all?

societies_punishment
February 2, 2004, 2:44 am
gj guys im in a hurry and i can read the other replies but i knew akai could do it anywho back to work on Tsp

good luck on future battles [:D]

_z1g
February 2, 2004, 3:12 am
someone have final demo Akai vs NS ?

SILENT
February 2, 2004, 5:56 am
None of us from Akai do...

:\

Optik
February 13, 2004, 12:55 pm
gj guys