( search forums )
grappling hook idea?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
aprilninety
January 3, 2004, 12:27 am
I was just thinking about a new weapon integrated in all the guns. You can assign this new weapon to a key so you dont have to switch weapons all the time. You could be like spiderman, using your electric hook to zap people or hook onto railings and maybe even your own teamates! This would have a time limit like the jet packs too. and since its electric maybe you could kill people with it. Or you can make a big electric chain with your teamates!
This new idea can add more challenge to the veterans that just manipulate soldat now. Maybe instead of an electric-zapping-hook, there can be an electric-hook that acts as a bullet deflector. Maybe you can stop a bullet with the hook like in the Matrix! Do they have the Matrix movie in Poland? [:D]

Aquarius
January 3, 2004, 1:05 am
quote:Originally posted by aprilninety
Do they have the Matrix movie in Poland? [:D]

No. We live in caves... no cinema, no tv... fortunately we have Internet. [IMAGE]

morpheus
January 3, 2004, 1:18 am
you'll catch up eventually [;)]

and yeah, i can just imagine a guy with a barret and a grappling hook....

[IMAGE]

so, um, no go on this idea..

?
January 3, 2004, 2:05 am
i remember i think kami suggested this idea, i honestly this idea will never be implemented

gunny
January 3, 2004, 2:34 am
if this is in the new soldat or another
it will be a whole other thing for me
i will have to change my saying that mocks sniper newbies

newbie see
newbie run
newbie shoot barret gun

that just can't fit in

and it would have to be able to be shot down.....
carnage in realistic mode

juice _ box
January 3, 2004, 5:21 am
would work if hook only stayed latched for 3 seconds.

peemonkey
January 3, 2004, 7:19 pm
uuhhh.....this's been suggested many times. every time the concensus was:NO

Gaah
January 4, 2004, 4:58 am
quote:Originally posted by Aquarius
quote:Originally posted by aprilninety
Do they have the Matrix movie in Poland? [:D]

No. We live in caves... no cinema, no tv... fortunately we have Internet. [IMAGE]

LOL! Nice! But seriously aprilninety, you have what, 3 posts, which means you probably only just joined the forum. When people join the forum, they want the world, they want Soldat tailored to their wants, but it's not going to happen.

On the other hand, maybe a choice for mode of transportation (below secondary weapons). You could have the jetpack or the grappling hook. Maybe to make the grappling hook less appealing to snipers, if the rope was shot, it would snap? Maybe also a limit to the amount of time it could stay latched. But the grappling hook would need a control system, which might take Michal quite some time.

Sithak
January 5, 2004, 4:45 am
nice idea man lol its just like the hook mod for counter-strike

Silent-Thunder
January 5, 2004, 6:46 am
lol what is this soldat meets worms. Honestly, it would be good for getting in tight spots but other than that I don't see anything that the jetpack can't do better. Unless of course you could knock an opponent unconscious when you launch it at their face. Or it could grapple onto the flag and reel itself in.

Sithak
January 5, 2004, 3:33 pm
I think when u use the jet back on over someone it should burn there face.( do damage to them)

Liber_Lupus
January 5, 2004, 4:21 pm
if some1 burns his face...lol sithak....he gets damaged...