( search forums )
SFX
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
peemonkey
January 3, 2004, 12:54 am
yo..um..there should be like...places that make sounds er sumptin. like... if you walk in a puddle place, you should hear water swishing around. or you step on wood, you hear...someone stepping on wood. the faster you go, the louder the noise. that way it takes stealth to sneek up on someone.
::runs through bushes, gets shot on account of noise::
::walks through bushes, gets objective on account of cover::
wha joos thinks?

SERIAL KILLeR
January 3, 2004, 1:05 am
nice idea.
And in the map mrsnowman it would be sounds like ur walking in snow.

?
January 3, 2004, 2:06 am
there are different walking sounds i think, jsut find the sounds you want and send them to michal and see what he says

Sithak
January 3, 2004, 3:55 am
ughh man that would be alot of work. good idea tho

peemonkey
January 3, 2004, 6:52 am
i know there's the rain, hard ground and soft ground sounds, but those are throughout the map. i want em in specific areas.Like:
wood
metal
foliage
snow
rock
mud
tile
etc.

it prolly wouldnt be that hard to do...

n00bface
January 3, 2004, 7:53 am
How about Sound-Pollies? Or.. Sound-Scenery?

?
January 3, 2004, 3:34 pm
yeah sound pollies wouuld probably be the best way

KiLLBoT
January 3, 2004, 6:38 pm
hmm a good idea. it would require a new version of the map maker and some other changes , but the coolness it would add would be worth it [;)]

peemonkey
January 3, 2004, 7:13 pm
all praise me and my genisouness!
ok, sound polys. there cood be more ways to make em have sound. like some polys would just make sounds (IE:lava), the closer you got to it, the louder it got? maybe/maybe not.

but many would be activated by touching 'em. either with bullets, or soldats.
BLAM

?
January 3, 2004, 8:09 pm
no i think that the pollies should just trigger the specific walking sound for it instead of a poly that just made sound for no reason

peemonkey
January 3, 2004, 11:34 pm
yea...just a lil try. it'd be mad savage to walk around in a giant tree, hear the wood under you feet, the screams of the many Soldiers being layed to waste by your Soccom. then to hop down to the mud, where at you land with a big squish, landing right next to and stabbing another noob.

bLaStEr
January 3, 2004, 11:55 pm
Whoah, Nice idea peemonkey ^^;

It would bring awesome element ingame. silently trying to move to kill your enemy with stealth! but noo metal!? ^^

?
January 4, 2004, 12:44 am
yeah this is sweet =P

peemonkey
January 4, 2004, 4:05 am
me is teh 1338!
ima trya talk to michal aboot it keep posting so it'll get attention.

Gaah
January 4, 2004, 5:09 am
What about an option in the mapmaker to add a background track, like birds and crap if it's a jungle map? That means that wherever you are on the map, you hear things like owls hooting and kookaburras laughing... Scary!

Yin_Starrunner
January 4, 2004, 5:21 am
wait, whats all this about stealth... NEWS FLASH, in either realistic or non-realistic modes, they could see you behind them!

peemonkey
January 4, 2004, 5:45 am
well, if somone wanted to attack you from the cover of a bush, when they moved, oyu could hear it, and kill them before they kill you.

?
January 4, 2004, 6:31 pm
i jsut think it would sound neat, screw stealth

peemonkey
January 4, 2004, 6:53 pm
i PM michal... i hope he answers soon. i love this idea!