( search forums )
Realistic Damage.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
TIR_Blade
January 3, 2004, 2:36 am
When ur playing realistic mode or w/e u wanna call it. And you get hit till the point ur bleeding, u should see less of the vision, maybe it should flicker like it's lag or something, and u should move slower too, not much slower but just a bit, Like small bit, same with the dizzyness. Cuz when ur hurt u can't see perfect or run as fast as u can when ur healthy. So kinda like perfect dark, u get punched u blurr ya no? Maybe just make it for fists, toughen them up a bit.

Yin_Starrunner
January 3, 2004, 2:37 am
Hmmm... sounds good, but only as an option

Dragon88
January 3, 2004, 2:44 am
^
|
|
|
what he said.

HeroTone
January 3, 2004, 3:19 am
Have you been hit by a bullet? I hope you haven't!

You would normaly die, its not like the movies where you can limp around you actualy incapacitated either by the loss of blood preasure or nervous system shock. Its an good idea but it'll be hard to implement.

Sithak
January 3, 2004, 3:58 am
hero tone if u get shot u dont just die depends on whare. and u can limp around if u try

HeroTone
January 3, 2004, 3:16 pm
So you have seen real people get hit by bullets and seen what happens right? The answer will be no. If you do get hit you will probably be incapacitated. You could get away with getting hit in the arm but no the other body parts. The guns in soldats are mostly rife rounda and they can tear though the body with ease. If you get hit my a DE jhp round you will probably have a real neat entry hole and on the other side a massive bloody hole on the other die.

But you can limp around if you are real luck :) but you need alot of will power for that!

?
January 3, 2004, 3:29 pm
i don't know if you knew this "hero" but soldat is a game =D

Gaah
January 4, 2004, 5:06 am
You can still live if you get hit in the head. Heck, you can still move around. Just depends on whether you can take the pain. But with this implemented, if you got shot in the leg/body (this is with herotones logic) you would just have to stay where you are, prone. Then the enemy would just avoid where you are lying, and as you can't see very far, because of the realistic field of view, and the reduced field of view due to your injury, you are now useless to your team. At that point, you would have to use the /kill command.
Maybe just make it so that if you get shot in realistc mode and go for some time with out getting a health thing, then you start loosing health due to blood loss. This idea seems more fun in terms of the game, and still includes "realism". Kinda...

Yin_Starrunner
January 4, 2004, 5:10 am
i agree, after you get shot a lot, you should go prone, and if you dont get to a health pack in a certain amount of time you start losing health, you can only move around prone, but you can use your jetpacks.

Hanz
January 4, 2004, 7:04 am
Bleeding to death would be good, but I think making it so that you move slower or go to prone position woudlen't be very good. There is a good chance of it happening a lot in realism if it is implemented, it would get too annoying. Plus in maps where health packs are not available in certain area could leave you unable to get to one. And if you are like me you would not take the cowards way out and type /kill...TAKE IT LIKE A MAN!!!

peemonkey
January 4, 2004, 7:54 am
i think in version 1.2.1, realistic mode's gonna have to be split up into many different options. this one would be alright. i think if you get punched, your screen shakes around er something. and if you get shot in a non-vital area(legs), go kinda walk slower, but if you try to run fast or jump, you star losing health. also, there should be a small blood path after wounded people. it'd only last like, 3 secs after you, but make it harder for you to hide in a bush.

Gaah
January 4, 2004, 11:58 am
What about gun jamming in realistic mode. Doesn't have to happen much, actually happens very rarely. Player would just have to press reload or something. Or does it happen already in Soldat? Sometimes when you pick up a weapon it has zero ammo left, and you can't reload. So you've got to press Q twice, then you can reload it again.

TIR_Blade
January 4, 2004, 3:27 pm
Whoa whoa whoa, i think u guyz took this way too crazy by the proning thing, by slower i just ment a bit slower than normal, not like walking, just say if it took u 20 secs to get to the blue flag, it would now take u say 25.

peemonkey
January 4, 2004, 6:55 pm
i know. im just putting ideas out ther.
Gaah: ive already suggested that! it happens alot anyway. that's one bug i think should be left in the game.

Sithak
January 5, 2004, 5:10 am
hero in the movies u said they cant do that but then again u said if they have alot of will power.
IN the movies they have alot of will power

p.s hes right G-A-M-E no need to get scientific

Gaah
January 5, 2004, 11:31 am
Peemonkey: Maybe there should be another way to "unjam" your gun, other than switching to secondary the switching back, as you can't throw your gun. Is really annoying in rambo match, trying to throw your weapon to pick up the bow. But it should only happen to automatics. I mean, a knife "jamming" doesn't really make much sense.

NightCabbage
January 7, 2004, 9:42 am
My opinion:

Guns jamming = bloody annoying :)

Bleeding (eg losing health) after u r shot = not too good

DIzzyness, etc. = annoying

Realistic, yes, good fun? Nah.

Gameplay over realism ^^

kevith
January 7, 2004, 2:46 pm
I like this idea of walking slower once you've been injured, but it would definitely only be in RM. Maybe you wouldn't be able to jump as high either. Bleeding out would be kinda cool too as long as it wasn't too fast. I don't really like things that screw with your vision though.

BTW, to unjam your gun hit 'e' real quick like you're gonna throw a nade, but don't press it long enough to actually throw one.

AL3X1C0N
January 10, 2004, 9:33 pm
would be cool if u could make headies with normal guns

Roy
January 10, 2004, 11:24 pm
HeroTone's whole point, I think, was exactly that Soldat is a game. So having a "realistic mode" is a misnomer unless you die on the spot from getting shot, instead of limping around with dimmed vision, which is "unrealistic."

Personally I think this is a bad idea. One of the good things about Soldat is it doesn't suffer from "slippery slope." What this means is that even if you're low on health and ammo, if you're lucky and skillful you can still make a comeback and kill your opponent and find some meds. But if you were incapacitated more and more from taking damage, it would make it far more difficult to stage a comeback. I think this would mess up the balance of the game. You'd basically be dead before your health was even zero, because you'd be at an instant disadvantage from taking a little damage. That would suck. You might as well make it so that the more flags you capture in CTF, the more bulletproof vests the winning team recieves, making it even harder for the losers to make a comeback. Comebacks are part of what Soldat is all about.

aLpHaNuMe12iK
January 13, 2004, 7:03 am
wow, roy used a very cool word (misnomer) in a sentence supported by logic.
finally! i have found intelligence in the forums~!

nobody better pull the incredibly lame "soldat isn't realistic, we have jet boots" argument out...

kevith
January 13, 2004, 3:37 pm
I think Roy makes a really good point... but that is also a reason why you can use the 2 different game modes. You put more "realistic" type features in the realistic mode for ppl that want to play soldat that way.