( search forums )
Special Moves/Attacks
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Iceman
January 3, 2004, 2:12 pm
I want some keycombinations to make special attacks/moves with :).

Like in Tekken or "Street Fighter" ^^ or something else.

Iceman
January 3, 2004, 2:21 pm
hm there is propably a problem when some guys bind keys with the combination(is that possible)?

for example when u press left right left right(for example in 1 sec) that u will get a special thrust for about 5 meters to the left.

Inquisitor
January 3, 2004, 2:49 pm
this sounds really cool. I like the idea

peemonkey
January 3, 2004, 7:55 pm
i dont. some guy's running at oyu, so you shoot him in the head with a shotgun. that takes care of that, doesnt it?

?
January 3, 2004, 8:02 pm
last time i checked this was soldat right? not a fighting game

Chakra
January 3, 2004, 8:04 pm
a diving animation would be nice....like a very quick leap forward, followed by getting up off the ground. Perfect for that final flag-capping pose.

HaSuKrOnOs
January 3, 2004, 8:18 pm
this is soldat, the keycombinations is for other games like tekken ;)

gunny
January 3, 2004, 8:19 pm
yeah, i always make that little signature roll when you score with the enemy's flag

Iceman
January 3, 2004, 9:40 pm
-_- the jetpack speedup was just a example. there could be something else like rolling sidewards get not to be hit by something. then everybody has his own style ^^. rolling looks very cool :). perhaps somebody knows the mod "action half-life" for half-life?

there u can do a lot of that cool stuff.
why is it a bad idea? there is already some of this stuff included like vest, prone and berserker improves your dmg :p. and tekken is completely diffrent from soldat, when u include some of this combinations it would be still soldat and not a fight-game :p ;).

quote:i dont. some guy's running at oyu, so you shoot him in the head with a shotgun. that takes care of that, doesnt it?
this sounds very difficult. in dm and ctf too.

juice _ box
January 3, 2004, 10:08 pm
Go play street fighter.

Xalion
January 3, 2004, 10:55 pm
That's almost as stupid as if you could dress out as a clown or a deer.
I don't think there's any need for new animations in the game. There's nothing more annoying when you loose your flag because your team is taking a piss.
Maybe new nade throwing animations, where the speed is decreasing when throw.

So... My conclusion: We don't need new fighting animations.

AerialAssault
January 4, 2004, 12:51 am
meh, id be cool, but nothing too extreme

Gaah
January 4, 2004, 4:46 am
I think there should be a key for doing a show off thing, like /piss but with one key press, and you should be able to move whilst doing it. Something like mooning the opposition? Or hotkeys like Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2 for your taund list.

Hanz
January 4, 2004, 7:08 am
This is a sad idea, GUNS PEOPLE!!As in Shoot...Bang...Hit...Ouch..Bleed... Not HYDOKEN!!!BIG FIRERY ENERGY BALL!!!!ACK!!!!This is Soldat as others had said, Guns are the game...not Kung Fu!

peemonkey
January 4, 2004, 8:00 am
quote:Originally posted by Iceman
-_- the jetpack speedup was just a example. there could be something else like rolling sidewards get not to be hit by something. then everybody has his own style ^^. rolling looks very cool :). perhaps somebody knows the mod "action half-life" for half-life?

why is it a bad idea? there is already some of this stuff included like vest, prone and berserker improves your dmg :p. and tekken is completely diffrent from soldat, when u include some of this combinations it would be still soldat and not a fight-game :p ;).

quote:i dont. some guy's running at oyu, so you shoot him in the head with a shotgun. that takes care of that, doesnt it?

how can you not hit someon with the shotgun? you put the cursor a varied distance above his head, depending on his distance from you. you push the left mouse button. 12 guage pellets come out of the barrel. his head falls of in a bloody mess. that's what he gets for trying kung fu on you.

Silent-Thunder
January 4, 2004, 8:26 am
Yeah woot, you tell 'em peemonkey, fight for your freedom my spas using brothers lol.
Anyways, moves would completely change the way soldat is played, i mean this is a game about soldiers killing each other quake style not tekken tag. Plus, who wants to punch a guy in the face when you can dispense ultra-heated lead justice to someone with the click of a mouse ie. minigun+close range firing hehe. Ever tried to punch a guy with a spas, i dont think you would have made it, so why would moves be different. I mean sure it has its novelties but once that wears off what are you left with? Btw has anyone tried the wierd prone move:
heres how:
>make sure you have full fuel, if you want to get anywhere that is.
>press and keep your hand on the prone key.
>then hold down the jet key and voila! you start humping the ground while moving forward lol!

y0da
January 4, 2004, 10:06 am
umm... maybe ppoa editor? no, wait it the attacks don't work... :[

Gaah
January 4, 2004, 11:45 am
There already is a POA editor, but you can only use the edited POA against bots as people have made POA files that do things like make you fly.

Inquisitor
January 4, 2004, 12:37 pm
think of doing the moonwalk. yeah!

Iceman
January 4, 2004, 1:54 pm
quote:Originally posted by peemonkey
quote:Originally posted by Iceman

how can you not hit someon with the shotgun? you put the cursor a varied distance above his head, depending on his distance from you. you push the left mouse button. 12 guage pellets come out of the barrel. his head falls of in a bloody mess. that's what he gets for trying kung fu on you.

no, but he said it in a way that player will start to kill each other only with sg in this way.

it was just idea... if u have a problem with posting ideas then close this forum(because this stupid commends about "go play street fighter", wanna 1on1?).

peemonkey
January 4, 2004, 7:02 pm
Gaah: y0da meant use the POA editor to make these moves. it wouldnt really work, as he already concluded. we all know there's a POA editor.
Iceman: refraze your last post into something more...english? crawl back up into the alps, get frozen again and think about ways to make soldat a better SOLDAT. not tekken

Spike
January 4, 2004, 7:59 pm
Well maybe you could have a check on and off mode for special moves. If it was checked on by the server you could play with them. Special moves could have another bar added for physical energy and if you pick up physical energy powerups it increases a little or when you kill poeple. The higher your physicial energy the better type of attacks you can do and its reset when you die. Your soldat could start out with something like a little dash then after getting some energy do a fire ball and then maybe do some kind of energy shield next and then a whirlwind type of attack where when you shoot things or stuff is shot at you it spins arround you quickly hitting stuff and then maybe some type of super teleport and so on itd be cool. :)

Iceman
January 8, 2004, 2:16 pm
sorry for bad english... but i didnt mean stuff like a "fireball" and "teleport" still soldat but not TEKKEN.

-SPI-
January 10, 2004, 12:38 am
One day in the future soldat will be fully modable, to the extent of other games. Then you will be able to have your own soldat 2 turbo mod (which I think would be cool). But for now lets just concentrate on the core game.

Roy
January 10, 2004, 5:41 am
omg sum noob tryin to maek soldat liek mortal combat, go pley sole caliber noob

Iceman
January 10, 2004, 6:18 pm
1on1?

AL3X1C0N
January 10, 2004, 9:38 pm
hmmm maybe with fists that when u hit 3 times the third hit is twice as strong and different looking :)

djmaster
January 11, 2004, 9:12 pm
ya i was actually thinking we could improve the punches because
i usally end up with no weapon